Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Smart Guy (Cute, Too)

How 19-year-old activist Zack Kopplin is making life hell for Louisiana’s creationists

For Zack Kopplin, it all started back in 2008 with the passing of the Louisiana Science Education Act. The bill made it considerably easier for teachers to introduce creationist textbooks into the classroom. Outraged, he wrote a research paper about it for a high school English class. Nearly five years later, the 19-year-old Kopplin has become one of the fiercest — and most feared — advocates for education reform in Louisiana. We recently spoke to him to learn more about how he's making a difference.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

boy, there must be damn few on DL today. This post has remained on page 1 all morning without a post to its name.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2013

Bump to give this kid more attention.

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

[quote]His efforts, needless to say, have not gone unnoticed — particularly by his opponents. He's been called the Anti-Christ, a stooge of "godless liberal college professors," and was even accused of causing Hurricane Katrina.

Oh, those wacky Christians...

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

What does it say about Louisiana when a 19 year old is the most adult person in the State?

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

I'm pretty open about the general idiocy of Christianity on YouTube and other sites.

I've been called a neo-evangelist, accused of cupidity, and all sorts of shit by Christian shit stains.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

I think he is cute and one of us.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!