Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anderson: I dated girls when I was 12, so I could meet their brothers

This is beginning to remind me of the Onion article, "Newly Out Gay Man Overdoing It."

by Anonymousreply 13502/14/2013

All of which belies any pretense that he has been out all along.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2013

He is really unattractive. Is he better looking in RL? I don't get why people swoon over him.

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2013

One word, r2...money.

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2013

Why did Walter Cronkite date girls when he was 12?

by Anonymousreply 401/16/2013

He was trying to hook up with guys when he was 12?

by Anonymousreply 501/16/2013

Casper cares, now be nice!

by Anonymousreply 601/16/2013

I thought he said "when I was like 12" to add some humor to the situation. I think he was probably much older. He's said before that he dated girls in college.

by Anonymousreply 701/16/2013

[quote]He's said before that he dated girls in college.

Dated or had sex with?

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2013

I didnt think it was possible, but I am even less interested in him now than I was before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2013

Why, R9?

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2013

R8 well, he's said "dated" so I don't know if that means "had sex with". Maybe he just did it to appease his mother. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2013

R10 I'm not sure why. Maybe because I never really paid much attention to him to begin with. But he just seems so dull. I would think this wold make him more interesting, but it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2013

Oh Anderson, shut up. You were in the closet for eons, but now that you're out, you just can't stop talking about it. Fucking hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2013

Either someone loves Anderson to death or they despise him around here. What's with all of the threads?

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2013

Anderson, enough.

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2013

So what if he wants to talk all about it now. He realizes he made a mistake by worrying about "privacy" like Jodie Foster and felt it was more important to be visible. That's how life is, you learn and grow and change. I'm glad he's out and I'm glad he talks about it almost 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 1601/16/2013

R12, that's how I feel about Jodie Foster. I feel the opposite about Anderson though. He's great.

by Anonymousreply 1701/16/2013

So did Anderson have sex with women before he came out, the way some other gay celebrities say they did?

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2013

Anderson looks like the type of whore that would attempt that very same thing. Sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2013

He's probably not the first gay dude that did it, jeez.

by Anonymousreply 2001/16/2013

Mistake talking about privacy, R16?

Try "lie". The hysteria from defenders of his no comment went on and on about how private he is..

And what was his last excuse/lie used right through the moment he was asked by the college student that he dismissed about the question?

Safety overseas? Fear of being killed or gay bashed?

So much for that.

And so much for his dignified low key coming out.

Miss Thang seems desperate for another talk show.

by Anonymousreply 2101/16/2013

Uh, he never lied about a thing. He didn't talk about his sexuality, but he never lied or bearded.

by Anonymousreply 2201/16/2013

What r19 said.

by Anonymousreply 2301/16/2013

The problem with Anderson is that he had an ultra-rich, ultra-elite upbringing. He tries to shift the focus off of that by being an average American guy. John Kennedy Jr tried to do the same thing when he decided to go "slumming" and live in Tribeca. But it's impossible to disguise the fact that they didn't live normal childhoods and can't relate to the average person.

by Anonymousreply 2401/16/2013

Is Anderson's constant gay shit killing his career? He's turned into such a pervy little queen since his coming out. He's trying to still be taken as a serious journalist? He's becoming Kathy Griffin.

"I'm more of a stuffing man."

Really, Anderson? Really?

by Anonymousreply 2501/16/2013

Felix the cat

The wonnerful, wonnerfullest cat

When ever he got in a fix

He reached right into his bag of tricks

Felix the cat

You'll laugh so much, your sides will ache your heart'll go pitter pat

Watching Felix, the wonnerful cat

by Anonymousreply 2601/16/2013

[quote]He's turned into such a pervy little queen since his coming out.

Since coming out?? He's always been a nasty freak!

by Anonymousreply 2701/16/2013

"Is Anderson's constant gay shit killing his career?"

It doesn't matter. He has enough money that he doesn't have to work. If he can't get work as a journalist, he'll get work as a talk show host or a game show host. If he can't get work at that, he'll do cameos on tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 2801/16/2013

And he still can't mention the guy he's lived with for four years.

Jodie at least mentioned her partner.

by Anonymousreply 2901/16/2013

Before DL I never knew people were obsessed with Anderson Cooper. To me, he was just that CNN guy that traveled to disaster area. But now that I've clicked on a few of his clips (I've never seen his other shows) I think he comes across as quite charming.

He's probably feeling quite free now. If Oprah can talk about her childhood rapes and her Stedman, and Kathy lee could obsess over her family and drink like an alcoholic every morning, if Uncle Poodle from the Honey Boo Boo show can talk about sending a man to jail fro giving him HIV, then what's so bad about AC talking about his life as a gay man. It's a given if you have a talk show, you end up talking about your personal life.

by Anonymousreply 3001/16/2013

Nice. Calling an out gay man "pervy".

Before people complained that he didn't want to be seen as gay, now that he's out and happy to talk about it, it's a problem.

R29, you haven't considered that maybe Anderson's partner doesn't want to be mentioned perhaps?

Thank you R30 for the smart comment.

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2013

"you haven't considered that maybe Anderson's partner doesn't want to be mentioned perhaps?"

Maybe.

And maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2013

Any more Felix the cat poetry?.. That was pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 3301/16/2013

R31 - Anderson's partner sure didn't mind having his picture on the Internet at Eastern Bloc before he started dating Anderson. If he was the private type, I don't think all the pics of him prior to dating Anderson would be on the Internet. I think Anderson's the one that likes his privacy and Ben knows if he wants to date Anderson he has to follow the rules.

If Ben wanted his privacy and didn't want people to know he dated Anderson he wouldn't be posting pictures of the inside of the firehouse on his Instagram page and tweeting about getting back from vacations that we know Anderson just took etc. I think at times Ben is trying to force Anderson to acknowledge him, but Anderson isn't comfortable doing it, yet, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3401/17/2013

Anderson, TMI. Go back in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 3501/17/2013

Wow! Way to give credence to predatory steretypes

by Anonymousreply 3601/17/2013

Thank you R30 and R31, in the midst of the self loathing insanity always nice to see other sane posters. He is just making a joke and being comfortable with his new out public self, clearly the right reaction is to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 3701/17/2013

Uh, R22, he did lie. He lied about reasons for not answering the questions about his sexuality.

So do tell us where all those international dangers went to him being out, or how you explain all the "I don't comment on my personal life" comments.

by Anonymousreply 3801/17/2013

He's such a liar....check out the book his mother wrote about his brother's suicide. He wrote the forward and totally portrays himself as straight.

by Anonymousreply 3901/17/2013

He is a whore, darlin.

by Anonymousreply 4001/17/2013

[quote]He wrote the forward and totally portrays himself as straight.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Anderson claimed last year when he came out that "I've never really been in etc. etc." but it seems that was baloney.

by Anonymousreply 4101/17/2013

When you are asked if you're gay and say "I refuse to talk about that" you aren't just standing quietly in an open closet, you're pulling the door shut and daring someone to bust the door down or let you hide in there until you're ready to come out.

by Anonymousreply 4201/17/2013

This is the bad thing about gay people who come out late in life - as soon as they come out, they can't shut up about being gay because they want to make up for lost time.

And I agree with R2.

by Anonymousreply 4301/17/2013

R42 makes an interesting point.

by Anonymousreply 4401/17/2013

Actors who came out late in life:

George Takei

Richard Chamberlain

Tab Hunter

---

Takei has done a lot of work for gay causes since officially coming out, but why did he not do so during his regular Star Trek career? And why did Chamberlain and Hunter take so long too?

by Anonymousreply 4501/17/2013

I put my dick in girls so guys I like will smell it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/17/2013

Felix the cat

When ever he got in a fix

He reached right into his bag of tricks

Felix the cat

You'll laugh so much, your sides will ache your heart'll go pitter pat

Watching Felix, the wonnerful cat

by Anonymousreply 4701/17/2013

R39 is full of shit. All Anderson said in that forward was that he wanted to have kids one day. He didn't say with a WOMAN.

R38, he NEVER lied about a damn thing.

R34, just because Ben has taken pics at EB in the past and posts some photos of the firehouse doesn't mean he's asking for his name to be all over the tabloids or to be gossiped about and hounded by paps all of the time. No one but AC's followers have any idea that Ben's pics are from the firehouse - he posts them without comment. No one but AC's followers would know where he and Ben might've vacationed, so none of that stuff you're saying makes a bit of difference to most people out there, it's meaningless.

[quote]This is the bad thing about gay people who come out late in life - as soon as they come out, they can't shut up about being gay because they want to make up for lost time.

No, they should talk and talk and talk and talk about how good it is to be gay, out and proud. Maybe there would be fewer kids killing themselves and more acceptance. God, some of you act like all out gay folks should go back in the closet and be silent again!

R2 and everyone who agrees with him/her is blind.

by Anonymousreply 4801/17/2013

R48, saying you want to have kids, particularly in those days, is usually interpreted as meaning you are heterosexual unless you say otherwise.

Don't try to be clever.

by Anonymousreply 4901/17/2013

r48, you're unhinged.

You can't say he "NEVER" lied and ignore the fact that he said his life would be in danger if he talked about his personal life and that he was a very private person. Both of those excuses were lies.

And by the way if you know anything about Anderson, you should know Mr. Keeping Them Honest admitted on air to having been a pathological liar.

And as for your little rant saying we all think he should go back in the closet and that his being out is good for kids..,

We said that for YEARS when he said he couldn't talk about his sexuality because it would put his life in danger, and when closet defenders said we wanted him to talk about being gay, issue press releases, open up his private life we said no, all we were asking is that he stop giving excuses for closeting his sexuality, say he's gay and continue to be the same Anderson he otherwise was.

Remember that?

by Anonymousreply 5001/17/2013

R48 = Sad fan

by Anonymousreply 5101/17/2013

Don't try to be clever R49, if Anderson wanted anyone to believe he was actually straight, he would've gotten himself a beard and paraded her around with him a long time ago and he wouldn't have acted so repulsed whenever Kathy Griffin/Kelly Ripa or any woman tried to flirt with him. He's out now and it's the only thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 5201/17/2013

He never lied R50, but there are people around who want to believe he did for their own reasons.

Even when he WASN'T out he would focus on gay issues regularly, it's not like he was some kind of enemy to the LGBT community. No one seems to go after Ricky Martin or Matt Bomer for not coming out for a long time the way they do Anderson, that's why I think all this quibbling about his behavior in the past is bullshit and someone just grinding that ax. Would it be better for him to be in the closet now? If not, what the hell is the problem? He's out, be glad and let it go for god sake.

I'd rather be a "sad fan" than some idiot holding a pointless grudge against another out gay man. Talk about SAD.

by Anonymousreply 5301/17/2013

we now have three people claiming he "NEVER" lied ...

None of then have a credible argument that he was telling the truth when he said for years -- even a few weeks before he came out -- hat his life would be in danger as a journalist if he came out. This world he was afraid of surely didn't change in a matter of weeks.

We all said then that Jeffrey Koffman and other out reporters had proven for over a decade that his claim was fabricated. It was a lie then, and it's still a lie.

by Anonymousreply 5401/17/2013

It was a lie of omission. Whether or not a lie of omission is really a lie has been up for debate for centuries.

Nevertheless, he is out now, so whatever.

Daily Mail is (unfortunately) covering this.

by Anonymousreply 5501/17/2013

Thank you R30, R31, R37 and R48 for the sensible posts.

I've never before seen so many gays turn on a gay man for coming out. It's really quite shocking. No wonder more celebrities don't come out. Jealous maybe?

And why should Anderson parade his BF in front of the world? That's his private life. It's no one else's business. But he has been photographed with Ben many times. Including most recently at the Madonna concert and walking down the street after Hurricane Sandy. Just google images. He isn't hiding anything or anyone.

"None of then have a credible argument that he was telling the truth when he said for years -- even a few weeks before he came out -- hat his life would be in danger as a journalist if he came out. This world he was afraid of surely didn't change in a matter of weeks."-R54

so what you're saying R54 is that he should never have come out? You're probably right because he still says his biggest fear is getting kidnapped in a dangerous foreign land.

by Anonymousreply 5601/17/2013

[quote]And why should Anderson parade his BF in front of the world? That's his private life. It's no one else's business. But he has been photographed with Ben many times. Including most recently at the Madonna concert and walking down the street after Hurricane Sandy. Just google images. He isn't hiding anything or anyone

That's true.

by Anonymousreply 5701/17/2013

[quote]I've never before seen so many gays turn on a gay man for coming out.

Turn on him? Honey, some of us never liked him BEFORE he came out. Some of us just think he's smug and arrogant. Plus, don't forget he's voted Republican before. So why should everyone like him?

by Anonymousreply 5801/17/2013

R58 true you don't have to like him. I don't expect everyone to like him. But don't hate him for coming out. That's the point I was making.

by Anonymousreply 5901/17/2013

[quote]I've never before seen so many gays turn on a gay man for coming out.

I've never before seen so many gays fall all over themselves heaping praise on a no talent hack for announcing something even my grandmother could figure out years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6001/17/2013

Boo needs some sun. Boo whiter than the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 6101/17/2013

R60 well then if your grandmother could have figured it out years ago I guess he never was actually in the closet was he? Then why are so many here attacking him for not coming out sooner? I've known he was gay for years. So have all his friends, family and co-workers. So why did he have to "come out"?

by Anonymousreply 6201/17/2013

R62 I dont think you understand what the phrase "in the closet" actually means.

by Anonymousreply 6301/17/2013

I think I understand R63. What I don't understand is why it's such a big deal here that he came out in 2012 rather than in 2002? Ellen came out when she was 39 but I don't remember people attacking her for not coming out sooner. One the contrary, she was praised for coming out. Why is Anderson held to a different standard?

by Anonymousreply 6401/17/2013

[quote]I think at times Ben is trying to force Anderson to acknowledge him

I think you're right R34. It's obvious that Ben isn't the one who wants to hide. It must be uncomfortable to be with someone who pretends you don't exist when talking to the public.

by Anonymousreply 6501/17/2013

Of course he was never in the closet. That's the exact reason he did not write that letter to Andrew Sullivan. We only imagined that letter. It doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 6601/17/2013

R56 is absolutely right.

I don't get some of the posters here: before Anderson came out, he was constantly criticized on DL for being closeted. Now that he's out, he's criticized for being too out and too gay. I bet that the moment AC starts talking about Ben, the same people who demand that he discuss his relationship publicly (as if somehow he owed it to his audience) will complain that he's desperate for attention and rubbing his gay lover into everyone's face. It's clear by now that both Anderson and Ben are pretty private people. Given what's happening right now with Victor Garber's long time bf, who's been dating the actor for the past 13 years before the media "discovered" that Garber was gay and in a relationship with another man, I can understand why AC and Ben are less than inclined to become the next NPH and Burtka. I'm all for transparency when it comes to gay public figures being out, but it doesn't mean that they're not allowed to keep some sort of privacy and that we have to know who they're dating.

In any case, AC is out now, so why are some people still going on and on about him being in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 6701/17/2013

Exactly R67, he is OUT, the people who are still making a dumb issue about the past and what he said or didn't say would be mad at him regardless because they don't like him to begin with and want to criticize him no matter what. He is out and that's what counts the most, nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 6801/17/2013

Possibly the best thing Terence has ever said on the show. Its too bad they edited it out of the on air broadcast. ATA of course is saying it was mean of Terence to say Anderson doesn't share because he's a Vanderbilt. I found the whole exchange to be very funny.

by Anonymousreply 6901/24/2013

[quote]I dated girls when I was 12, so I could meet their brothers

What did he consider to be a "date" when he was 12?

by Anonymousreply 7001/24/2013

R69, Terence was out of line and rude, it's not like Anderson goes around bragging about being a Vanderbilt, he's very low-key about that side of his family, he talks about his mom, but that's his MOM for heaven's sake. Neither Anderson or the audience thought it was funny, as Anderson said, it was "low" and unfair.

I bet no one complains about the timing of other gay men coming out. Apparently it's only Anderson who's done something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7101/24/2013

[quote]I bet no one complains about the timing of other gay men coming out.

This is nothing compared to the storm that will arise when Hugh Jackman, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Aaron Schock come out.

by Anonymousreply 7201/24/2013

R72, they deserve to be raked over the coals when/if they ever come out because they bearded and lied (Travolta/Jackman). I don't really know who Aaron Schock is!

by Anonymousreply 7301/24/2013

Ben is having a big party at the firehouse this Saturday for his birthday. I know a couple of people who got invited. Wish I could go too!

by Anonymousreply 7401/24/2013

I'll definitely ask my friends how it was, r75. As I said, I'm dying to go myself so I'm very curious to hear all about it. Apparently Ben is turning 40 this year, so he's having a huge bash.

by Anonymousreply 7601/24/2013

Some word about this big party might get out there, I remember Gawker/Queerty, etc found out about one of their parties a while back. Ben's probably an expert at throwing a great party.

by Anonymousreply 7701/24/2013

Tonight's the big night.

by Anonymousreply 7801/26/2013

He dated girls because female feet are so much prettier than male feet.

by Anonymousreply 7901/26/2013

Interest in Anderson Cooper seems to be fading from DL. Is it because he finally came out or because there's nothing left to discuss?

by Anonymousreply 8001/26/2013

How old were the girls? How old were the brothers?

by Anonymousreply 8101/26/2013

Right R78, I hope there's some gossip about it.

I don't know R80, seems to me there are always a whole lot of AC threads here on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 8201/26/2013

So R74 what time doesn't Ben's party start tonight? Did you ever get an invitation?

by Anonymousreply 8301/26/2013

The interest in Anderson has faded since he came out.

by Anonymousreply 8401/27/2013

This is what Anderson likes, you know, when Ben is not around. Can blame the sister.

by Anonymousreply 8501/27/2013

R84, why do you keep trying to push that?

So did Ben have the birthday party at the firehouse last night or not? Today's his actual birthday though.

by Anonymousreply 8601/27/2013

[quote]R84, why do you keep trying to push that?

There's a difference between pushing something and pointing out a fact r86. Had this thread been started in June, it would have been up to hundreds of posts by July along with accusations of Anderfan, Benderson frau, Ben hater, Multiple, and AC hater. People no longer post ratings of his shows on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 8701/27/2013

Not all AC threads have the same level of interest, the fact is that there are a lot of AC threads currently on DL and have always been since the time I started posting here almost 9 years ago. Do you see people posting tons of Don Lemon or Thomas Roberts threads here? I never do. There are old AC threads that are up to 500 posts that still are active when something happens and there will be again. The person doing the Benderson/Anderfan/Frau stuff and the Connie Chung ratings comparison isn't always around and when she does come back she gets shouted down. If something significant happens with AC and Ben, there will be threads started by those of us who are interested and they will be active ones.

by Anonymousreply 8801/27/2013

[quote]saying you want to have kids, particularly in those days, is usually interpreted as meaning you are heterosexual unless you say otherwise.

Don't try to be clever.

"Those days"?! It was 1997, not 1897!

Geez...

by Anonymousreply 8901/27/2013

I take it the big bash Ben was throwing at the firehouse for his 40th birthday on Saturday night that R74 was talking about didn't happen? R74 never came back to share and the last two times Anderson has had a big party at the firehouse it was all over DL and some blogs the following day.

Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 9001/28/2013

I haven't seen anything on any party. They may have still had it but kept a tight lid on things. Or R74 was just making stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 9101/28/2013

There definitely was a party but they've managed to keep it quiet. I saw one tweet about it, and some of Ben's friends have been posting photos from the photobooth on their Instagrams.

by Anonymousreply 9201/28/2013

AC is still coming out?

by Anonymousreply 9301/28/2013

R92 do you happen to have a link?

by Anonymousreply 9401/28/2013

Well I found a pic of Ben and some guy from the party.

by Anonymousreply 9501/28/2013

Thanks for linking that photo r95.

This was the tweet I saw: [quote]@AnneEclair my cousin went to NYC & met, got drunk with & danced with Kelly Rippa & Anderson Cooper at Anderson's pad. jealous does not even describe.[/quote]

There's a couple photos in the link below.

by Anonymousreply 9601/28/2013

Ditto R30 and 31.

Meanwhile, we still can't say for certain whether Jodie Foster is or isn't. She plays that tired old "am I or aren't I" bullshit for the thousandth time, and 'wow, good on Jodie!'

Nonsense. Self-loathing gay people condemn him because the closet gives their lives direction and structure. Without it, where are they supposed to find their tricks? Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 9701/28/2013

Thanks for the tweet and the additional pics R96. Looks like some of those people were Ben's Bedlam/EB friends. I wonder how the tweeter's cousin just managed to meet Kelly and AC and go to the party, from the sound of it the person wasn't exactly a friend of theirs, but I don't know. So AC danced and got drunk? I guess even he cuts loose sometimes. Ben is very touchy-feely.

by Anonymousreply 9801/28/2013

Ben's birthday party sounds like it was really fun. Thank you for posting that link R96. It looks like Pablo, Ben's business partner at Bedlam, is in one of those pics, as he wrote a couple of comments.

by Anonymousreply 9901/28/2013

I finally heard back from my friend who went to Ben's birthday party on Saturday, and he said it was the best party he's ever been to! I'm so jealous, apparently it was insanely fun: cool crowd (celebrities, artists, writers, downtown types), great music, awesome space, the works. My friend said that Anderson and Ben looked like they were having a blast, and were very affectionate with each other. The place was packed and the party went on for hours.

I really need to start working on my NY connections.

by Anonymousreply 10001/29/2013

Thank you r100 for reporting back to us. Sounds like those guys know how to throw a great party!

by Anonymousreply 10101/29/2013

Yesterday's show got a bit awkward when "Terrence said "You're almost straight today!" Then Anderson says "This is what it feels like huh? Beer and chicken wings" Then Emmit Smith says,"I'm straight." At first it was funny then it got awkward when Emmit I guess oput of insecurity or being funny announce his sexuality. Like we assume you are "straight" Emmit but you're on a gay host show with a gay producer.

by Anonymousreply 10201/29/2013

It was interesting when AC talked to the high school kid who came out in a speech to the school. Here was a kid who had everything to lose by being honest in his young life and did it such in a courageous way, where AC was 45 and multimillionaire with nothign to lose, came out via email and away from the country. Just saying. Glad Ac came out but he had to think like this kid is way more courageous than I.

by Anonymousreply 10301/29/2013

With homophobia rampant in this country and the world, anyone who comes out publicly is courageous, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 10401/29/2013

R104, there it is. The closet really is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 10501/29/2013

What R105? I'm saying people should be OUT, but that doesn't mean it will be a cakewalk, you are aware that gay bashings and discrimination are still happening don't you? In spite of this, I'm glad MORE people are coming out.

by Anonymousreply 10601/29/2013

Trying to stay relevant.....really sad.

by Anonymousreply 10701/29/2013

Kevin Spacey's on Hardball now. When will he EVER come out?

by Anonymousreply 10801/29/2013

R106, yes, I agree totally.

by Anonymousreply 10901/29/2013

Anderson, when we "dated," it was apparent from outer space you were gay, gay, gay. I enjoyed being your hag. The only person deceived about your gayness was you.

by Anonymousreply 11001/29/2013

Last post 1-29-13? Is there another thread or just no news to report on Ac and Ben?

by Anonymousreply 11102/04/2013

There's no news about A&B right now. AC was in Sweden over the weekend working on something. When we get pics or some kind of news, things will pick up on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 11202/04/2013

No new threads? R112 Which is current?

by Anonymousreply 11302/04/2013

The thread with the most current info was the Kathy Griffin New Year's Eve thread that had the info on Ben's birthday party at the firehouse.

by Anonymousreply 11402/04/2013

Hope to see new pics or sightings soon. r114. btw AC's daytime show didn't show at regular time at 11 a.m. in my area. In Maryland. Tomorrow won't be able to see it because of superbowl parade starts at 11 a.m. For some reason Ellen came on at 11 today on nbc instead of Anderson's show.

by Anonymousreply 11502/04/2013

Some pics might come out before AC and Ben go to the Oscars like they always do, but that's when we can expect a lot of sightings and pics.

Maybe they're gradually taking his show off of some channels since it's not coming back. They're still showing it regularly where I am.

Meanwhile Ricki Lake's daytime show just got canceled.

by Anonymousreply 11602/04/2013

So what's with Anderson tonight? To say he looks orange is an understatement. He needs to lay off the self tanner. He also seems to be stumbling over his words more than usual. 360 is a hot mess tonight.

by Anonymousreply 11702/04/2013

As gay as Anderson is you'd think he would be getting manicures and pedicures all the time. I think he does get them but lies and says he doesn't on his daytime show to appear more normal and less gay.

by Anonymousreply 11802/04/2013

Both Ricky Lake and Jeff Probst's talk shows got canceled today after just one season. The field is getting so crowded that it's getting really difficult to have good ratings. At least Anderson got two seasons before getting axed.

by Anonymousreply 11902/04/2013

Anderson was anchoring from a Stockholm TV station. They were tweeting about it. Apparently their lighting and makeup people aren't too good with his fair skin tone.

Terence is super gay and seems stupid trying to embarrass Anderson and makes fun of him for not being into superficial/gay activities. It's obvious Anderson has no interest in the superficial/vain activities Terence likes. I have a feeling once the last talk show is taped Anderson won't be talking to Terence anymore and Terence can't handle that. He's jealous of Anderson - it's so obvious and so pathetic.

Terence alone, has ruined 'Anderson Live' with his inability to be an effective EP. He's the walking definition of the Peter Principle - promoted beyond his level of ability.

by Anonymousreply 12002/04/2013

[quote]Some pics might come out before AC and Ben go to the Oscars like they always do, but that's when we can expect a lot of sightings and pics.

No doubt there will be hundreds of sightings and pics like we get every year. I can hardly wait.

by Anonymousreply 12102/04/2013

I don't care about sarcasm R121, I want more AC/Ben pics NOW!

by Anonymousreply 12202/05/2013

Small bit about Ben possibly opening a new bar.

by Anonymousreply 12302/11/2013

R123 - link doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 12402/11/2013

AC has tired to tone down the "gay" jokes on his daytime show but Terrece continues like today when AC was eating meat balls. Of course Terrence had to make a joke about balls.

An other thing they keep promoting his show on local T.V. like his show is renewed and that it isn't cancelled. I don't get it. I think next month that's it. Late march production is supposed to stop.

by Anonymousreply 12502/11/2013

r124

[quote]Overheard At A Party Rumor has it that Eastern Bloc co-owner Benjamin Maisani is working on opening another gay bar, this time in the West Village. We hear he’s hit some roadblocks, with progress dragging in ways it never did with his East Village establishments, Eastern Bloc and Bedlam. Things are starting to progress, however, and Maisani expects to open the new gay watering hole sometime this spring.[/quote]

by Anonymousreply 12602/11/2013

Two weeks ago, I read that some stations have already pulled his talk show. What do they have to replace it?

by Anonymousreply 12702/11/2013

Because nobody is watching it R127?

Anderson lost me the day he talked about how he could blow out a toilet in record time after eating Mexican food. He then admitted that he sometimes doesn't wipe himself fully and winds up with grape sized dingleberries.

by Anonymousreply 12802/11/2013

[quote] What do they have to replace it?

Local stations could air infomercials and they would make more money than the advertising revenue they would get from airing AC

by Anonymousreply 12902/11/2013

R125 - Terence has ruined the show in my opinion. His "trashy" gay vs Anderson's "classy" gay references are uncalled for. And why is the executive producer part of the show on a daily basis? Can we just all agree that Terence is an attention whore who realizes that his days on TV are numbered since he failed at Anderson Live?

The redeeming part of today's show was Anderson's interview with Peter Staley. I like when Anderson addresses gay issues and acknowledges he's gay, but doesn't go for the cheap joke or trashy references.

by Anonymousreply 13002/11/2013

Thank you R126, interesting quote. Where did you find it?

by Anonymousreply 13102/11/2013

I wonder what the problem was for Ben's new bar opening. I remember maybe about a year or two ago seeing a post from someone here who said Ben was working on a third bar, so this has been going on a while.

by Anonymousreply 13202/11/2013

R131 I'm not R126 but the link is below from NEXT Magazine.

R132 I remember that, too. I think they even gave the name of the new partner he was working with, but I don't remember the name now. Does anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 13302/13/2013

On today's show on the last segment they had a cooking segment with booze in it and AC said he was getting so drunk he would make out with Christie Brinkley. LOL She did not look all that amuse because I think she likes Anderson. She said he was hot in the start of show and AC had this look on his face like... Uh.... yeah lol.

Yesterday's show AC had a former member of westboro baptist church on. She had a gay best friend the whole time! Just shocking... the guy claimed he came out to her last week but she already and their grandmother all ready knew. I notice Terrence was completely silent doing that whole segment. I wonder how Terrence feels with him being so out in all, he's unlike AC who can blend in with any group. But a guy like terrence probably has been bullied and mocked his whole life for being so out.

by Anonymousreply 13402/14/2013

For heaven's sake, she must know he's gay, why would she get offended? Anyway, she's ditzy and odd, she kind of rambles but she seems like a decent person and she looks fabulous. If AC were straight, he might go for her, unless he likes exotic types.

Anyway, AC's taking off tonight, probably having a romantic night with Ben (still in love after 5 years) and they may be going on vacation and he'll be out next week. Chris Cuomo (who AC calls a "buddy") will be filling in for him. I think his "buddy" is out to take his job!

by Anonymousreply 13502/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.