Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lisa Whelchel in "A Madea Christmas"

The comeback is on! Lisa has a role in Tyler Perry's "A Madea Christmas" and has been filming this week in Atlanta.

No doubt, she has Kim Fields -- who is tight with Perry & worked on a few of his projects -- to thank for this.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2013

Good for her - always liked her.

I wish Kim Fields would do more work - but she's probably set for life.

by Anonymousreply 401/16/2013

Tootie had nothing to do with it. She appeared on "Survivor" and was brought back into the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 501/16/2013

I hope this is a good career move. After carefully orchestrating a "comeback" I don't want her now to become a punchline or butt of a joke.

by Anonymousreply 601/16/2013

She's also been co-hosting "The Jeff Probst Show" all this week. She's been good during the pre-guest segments but he's been a dick. (Today, he interrupted her while she was telling a self-depreciating story about how she embarrassed herself at a party the night before and asked her, "Do you think this story is compelling? In your mind, do you think the audience is interested?". It gets worse during the guest interviews, where he's apparently been given all the questions and she gets to sit there like a silent spectator. It should be her show; she comes across as much more likeable than he does and much, much less self-involved.

by Anonymousreply 701/16/2013

Blair Bump.

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2013

R7, I'd like to see that...I hate Probst so much. In my area, they moved his show to 3:00 am and I don't want to waste DVR space on him. I wonder if he feels threatened by her...? Why is he such a dick?

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2013

Gosh, maybe your right, R5. Even though.....a few months ago, there was an Enquirer article which said that Lisa had been in touch with Kim Fields to help her get back into acting. Even though......Kim is close friends with Tyler Perry, having worked on several of his projects, both as an actor and director. You're right, it's just HUGE COINCIDENCE that Lisa's first acting role, post-Survivor, is in a Tyler Perry movie......

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2013

Girls! Girls! Your pussies are both in need of a good Summer's Eve! Now sit there and THINK. And when you want to talk to one another--COMMUNICATE.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2013

She's infinitely more interesting than Jeff "wanna know what you're playing for" Probst

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2013

I love her. I'm glad. Though I would like to see her sink her teeth into a dramatic role. Something totally out of character. Playing and adult, unsympathetic bitch. A murderer or something. Surely Lifetime could find her something. I bet you she'd surprise everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2013

Maybe she can get Ryan Murphy to cast her in AHS Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2013

Those roles should have come right after TFOL r14. She's making a comeback right now, so all in the near future, all her roles should be of a character fully adult, and likable and vulnerable.

Once she is back, then the drama.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!