Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Regardless of what happens, history will be made on Oscar night...

Daniel Day Lewis will become THE best actor alive when he wins his third Best Actor trophy...

And if she wins, Sally Field will join Ingrid Bergman and Meryl Streep as one of the few to win 2 Best Actress and 1 Best Supporting Actress Oscar.

Is either truly worthy of the place they'll take in the history books?

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013

[quote]THE best actor alive...

The implication here is that racking up Oscar wins means you are the best among your peers. Not always, my friend. Not always.

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

Sally will always have that flying nun shit to deal with.......

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

The little black girl is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2013

Don't get too cocky, Meryl. Remember, you still only have 3 Oscars, and only 2 of those are for Lead Actress.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2013

Can't wait for it OP! I'm getting 10 men from the local nursing home to pinch loaves in my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2013

If Seth MacFarlane wins, will he be the first host to win?

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2013

By the way, is it possible for the nursing home dinner menu the night before the Oscars to include prune whip and something with a lot of nuts? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

don't forget my short hair.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

Click. Click. Click, Meryl

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2013

Katharine Hepburn runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2013

They will not give Gidget a third Oscar and The "Lincoln" backlash has begun. Critics were crazy over it and most people are not. I went with a group and I can honestly say I have never found a Spielberg film boring until now. No one I was with liked it either.

Argo

Spielberg

Jackman & Hathaway

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2013

It would be a tragedy if a piece of garbage like Argo was to win.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2013

"Daniel Day Lewis will become THE best actor alive when he wins his third Best Actor trophy..."

Oh please. Stop acting like his publicist.

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2013

I'm finding myself more attracted to Seth MacFarlane and it bothers me. He comes across like such a pretentious douche at times. He's attractive, but can seem plastic, robotic and cheesy like a game show host...and yet, I still want to fuck him. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

r15....we gave a pity Oscars to Octavia Spencer and Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry!....and Denzel has two already....What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

Fuck you, Academy bitch. Octavia, Halle and Jennifer were more deserving that all the skanky white bitches who of won. Julia, Gwynneth, Helen, Natalie, Sandra, Reese. Ain't one deserving performance in that lot.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

If a black gives a great performance most likely they will get nominated, The problrm ISN'T The Academy but the studios who only care about what will make a buck...

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

In the last decade more than 20% (I think it is about 26%) of acting winners have been black....more than the percentage of blacks in the population.

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2013

GAG

can we get back to football?

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2013

MARY

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2013

Doesn't matter, R6, the obese British singer is winning best song.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2013

I will be wearing a chunky heel to showcase my pedi

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

R11, they're not gonna give Jackman an Oscar for that shit singing he did. It was painful watching and listening to him. They only nominated him 'cause LES MIZ is not the turkey some people predicted and is in fact doing quite well, plus he's a former host and apparently quite likable in the industry. But the nomination is his reward. They'd sooner give it to Cooper or Phoenix. I have Denzel at #5.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2013

The idea that anybody can beat DDL is preposterous. Even if 'Lincoln' wins no other Oscar, which could happen, DDL has it in the bag. He's this year's Monique.

"LES MIZ is not the turkey some people predicted"

It *is* the turkey some people predicted, at least artistically, and that's why they shut out Tom Hooper.

'Les Miz' got its nominations because of its in-built fanbase; for every 'Amour', the Academy needs a crowd pleaser in there.

No way does anyone agree with Ann that they created ART.

Girl, please!

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.