Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you not allowed to say self-loather on here?

The thread about self-loathing was deleted, so I started a thread asking why that thread was deleted, and now my thread was deleted as well.

So much censorship considering it's a gay site where gay issues are discussed.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. Loon.

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

let;s see if we can go 3 for 3

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2013

Being a bitch works.

Creating always-deleted threads, apparently, does not.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2013

i was wondering the exact same thing. must a touchy topic for those that wear that kind of lace.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

Yeah I was upset it was deleted. What was wrong it? I thought it was a decent argument that was going on.

Are we not allowed to talk about how yes self-loathing very much exists in a lot of gay guys and to some of us we think it is evident on this board?

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

You may loathe yourself, but you may not speak of it. You may recognize it in others, but may not accuse.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

Most of those hurling self-loathing accusations are morons who use the accusation on anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

"Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions

as a person who identifies as a member of the greater LGBT communities or as a person who may have same-sex encounters without identifying with any community, you may have a strong interest in keeping your personal orientations or behaviors private."

this forum endorses the closet.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Self loathing is just pejorative used by my way or the highway types.

I admired the realism - and kindness - in this sentence from the link on the Jodie thread:

Any step a gay person takes to hide their identity that they wouldn't take to hide the fact that they're, say, Irish, vegetarian or left-handed is probably not a neutral quest for privacy but reflects their own doubt about just how OK it is to be gay.

It's a complicated, individual process for all of us. We'd do well to remember that even if almost all of us know out is best in the end.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!