Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pat Robertson Blames 'Awful-Looking' Women For Marital Problems

Pat Robertson said that "awful-looking" women are to blame for a romance-deficient marriages.

It all started when a 17-year-old boy wrote to Maxim magazine asking for advice on how to get his videogame-loving dad to pay more attention to his mom. Robertson decided to offer the teen some advice of his own during a recent episode of the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."

"It may be your mom isn't as sweet as you think she is," said the 82-year-old. "She may be kind of hard-nosed."

Video:

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2013

Whoever thought that Pat Robertson would become the hero of gay men everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

(But particularly on DL.)

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

DL agrees with him.

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2013

Just you, R1.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2013

Oh, no, R5. He's a cunt (as are all woman hater-obsessors). I'm just bringing the snark.

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2013

There he goes again.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

The time is coming quickly when women will have no need for men. This is going to bring and end to all males.

Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

Hey, Pat, take a look in the mirror sometime.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

I actually burst out laughing when I read this.

Shouldn't Pat have expressed more concerned about the "videogame-loving" aspect of this all? I mean it might lead him to feel compelled to shoot up an elementary school. He really missed the boat with this advice.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

In his defense, most of these Christian Haus Fraus are not exactly super models, nor were they ever.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Hey Pat...the men are no oil paintings. Don't blame it all on the women.

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2013

There is no indication that P.R. knows what the querent looks like.

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2013

But if he ever saw a good christian woman get a makeover, he'd condemn her for the sin of vanity, and probably adultery as well!

Dementia is a sad, sad thing. Well, in most cases.

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2013

Ah, I remember a poor straight woman I used to work with who was married with three kids. She was fairly attractive even after three kids. Her husband was slowly morphing into a whale. She basically was not attracted to him anymore. They went to their fundie minister about this and he blamed the wife! Lucky for her she developed a spine and got out of both her marriage and that church.

by Anonymousreply 1601/15/2013

Conservative Christian counselors and such will usually directly or indirectly blame the woman, because wives are supposed to submit to their husbands, according to principle. Not every last denomination will push that, but most do.

And seriously...if you don't think there are often couples in which the husband looks disgusting but the wife still looks fine, then you don't know too many straight couples.

by Anonymousreply 1701/15/2013

Ugly tubs of lard like him and Newt actually think that because they have a penis, God makes them desirable to any and all women.

Meanwhile, Pat and Newt look like two new recruits at the Home for Old Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2013

It has to do with the character of the cheater. Jesus. Think of all of the beautiful Hollywood wives who've been cheated on. At my hottest, I was cheated on by the assholes that my dumbass was stupid enough to think I could change. I finally realized that I wanted a nice guy and guess what? He's 100% faithful and always will be. Fuck Pat Robertson. I hope the next time he tries leg-press a jillion pounds that it lands on his neck.

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2013

There are just as many unappealing, unattractive men as there are women.

And many men are repulsive, repellent, and repugnant. Probably more repulsive, repellent, and repugnant men than there are women holding those traits - but it certainly is equal if not more.

Pat Robertson and men like him seem to think that there are no unappealing, unattractive men - as if their status as men automatically makes them appealing.

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2013

Who was that closeted pastor who was outed? Meth use was involved in the outing. After he was outed, another big Christian evangelist spoke out about frumpy preacher's wives being the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2013

Does anyone else confuse Pat Robertson and Robert Pattinson?

There is something funny about the fact that there is another thread on the front page right now called Robert Pattinson:Back to Looking Like a Mess. I laughed my ass off there for a while thinking it was about Pat Robertson looking like a mess while hating on the appearance of married women.

by Anonymousreply 2201/15/2013

stupid, retarded, useless, idiotic comment at R22

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2013

Which one of you fine, fine Christian ladies is gonna knead my graying fupa out of the way to get a taste of my liverspotted Li'l Smoky?

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2013

R22, I did the same thing earlier, sort of. It was stupefying to read how sexy and desirable Pat Robertson is.

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2013

R23, there are lots of unappealing, unattractive, even gross looking gay men who think they deserve an attractive, good looking man.

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2013

[quote] There are lots of unappealing, unattractive, even gross looking gay men who think they deserve an attractive, good looking man.

But Oprah told me I'm a special snowflake! I deserve the handsomest man in all the world!

*lifts caftan and exposes gunt*

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2013

This is why guys like Newt and Donald like to trade up once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 2901/15/2013

Who peed in your cocktail, R24?

by Anonymousreply 3001/15/2013

So in other words, Pat Robertson has a lot in common with some of the more superficial, vapid, sniping, women-hating, queens on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3101/15/2013

I find it endlessly fascinating how UN-Christian these hypocrites are. I'm still amazed they have followers and "true believers".

by Anonymousreply 3201/15/2013

Women on Match.com and other dating sites soon find that all of the ugliest, least attractive, even repulsive men on the sites think they deserve only attractive, good looking women, and many of those deeply unattractive men think they deserve very attractive women.

And in real life (not websites), it never ceases to amaze how unattractive men denigrate the appearances of women and dwell on every perceived physical fault of women - as the men automatically think they themselves are desireable.

by Anonymousreply 3301/15/2013

You know what's a joke? Christian dating websites. And I say this as someone who respects and is friends with quite a few Christians.

by Anonymousreply 3401/15/2013

R34, What are those dating sites like? They bill themselevs as better at weeding out the... weeds, but are there a lot of gay men on there or what?

by Anonymousreply 3501/15/2013

Because HE is so good-looking? It never ceases to amaze me how ugly men feel so at ease trashing women's appearance. Fucking clueless.

by Anonymousreply 3601/15/2013

R33, that's not exclusive to men. I've been around countless women who aren't that attractive but they'll go on and on about not just how some guy doesn't measure up, but how other women aren't attractive. These women also think they deserve a hottie even though they're not. At least one of my friends finally admitted that she realized she was just average looking at best and was glad she had met her equally average looking boyfriend who became her husband.

by Anonymousreply 3701/15/2013

R35, I've never been on one. My mother met her current husband on one (they're both nuts).

It seems like they consist of basically the same saddest of online dating types, except with religious hangups. Not necessarily gay men. More like men who have another kind of HUGE catch-22 about them (wife recently left, wife recently committed suicide, just plain crazy but attached to religious rules). And, if my observations are correct, the women on them commonly have intimacy issues and/or little self-respect and are in some degree of denial. The men on there are just looking for a wife to do things for them, as well as someone for sexual access. They just choose to present this as "looking as God's match for me." And women fall for it.

But really, just look at the commercials for them. They use Christian worship music that's supposed to be about Jesus but lyrically COULD be about a man and his woman: "She falls in his arms, and the tears will roll down and she'll pray, 'I want to fall in love with you...'"

It's pretty gross.

by Anonymousreply 3801/15/2013

Men are sexually-driven, violent sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2013

Where can I send my offering?

by Anonymousreply 4101/15/2013

Zip it already, R31, and every other asshole spewing the same shit.

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2013

[quote]Woman are bitches.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 4301/15/2013

As I scroll down, with few exceptions, almost every single post on here is a troll post. I guess the people who are so desperate to have a voice on such a cesspool that they pay the $18 to be able to post are really just the turds that float to the top because of their absolute vinegar tainted blood and garlic bulb hearts.

by Anonymousreply 4401/15/2013

You hit the nail on the head R31.

by Anonymousreply 4501/15/2013

R37, surely you know that this attitude is much more prevalent among unattractive men - who think just by being a man that they are are attractive.

Quit trying to say that this attitude is just as prevalent among women.

If you haven't perceived the hierarchy in U.S. society and that men are delusional about their own looks then you are not very perceptive.

by Anonymousreply 4601/15/2013

This is hilarious! It's almost like Ol' Pat is turning into a Christian performance artist. I remember last year when he told some guy to divorce his Alzheimers-suffering wife and find another woman to take care of him.

by Anonymousreply 4701/15/2013

BITCH PLEASE!!! BOTH the husband and wife should take care of each other! One of my best friends dumped his wife of 20 years because she got "alittle" fat. Of course, he was totally bald and had a beer gut at the time. I pointed this out to him...we havn't spoken in 5 years! It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 4801/15/2013

[quote]Pat Robertson said that "awful-looking" women are to blame for a romance-deficient marriages.

That's what I've been saying!!

by Anonymousreply 4901/15/2013

What must his co-host think? She looks embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 5001/15/2013

Hetero men almost always speak from a feeling of superiority as to position and status in the world, so when they make derisive comments about women, it never even crosses their mind that they themselves may not be good looking, may not be attractive, and may even be repellent or ugly looking.

by Anonymousreply 5101/15/2013

Only HETERO men, R51?

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.