Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fraus and their scented candles

They talk about them like they were scientific inventions. So boring and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4601/19/2013

In my town, there is a business vehicle with a logo for some brand of scented candles. When I saw it I scoffed and muttered something about the economy and what an odd choice for a side business. I was told that these scented candles make a lot of money, and that the vendor probably just takes order forms to the office.

So strange because I have the same several scented condles from several years ago. I use them too, on the commode. Beach grass scent. I don't prefer to breathe synthetic chemicals though.

Who are all of these people going through mountains of long lasting big thick candles - enough to support a small town business? This is going on everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

Many of the scented candles I have seen are in the homes of gay men. Are they included in "fraus," or is this exclusively a thread to get the insecure to ridicule someone else, instead of thinking they're the object of ridicule?

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

I think they're sexually repressed and/or they passively aggressively withhold sex from their husbands. Hence, the devotion to scented candles.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2013

What happened to all the wonderful "Yankee Candle haul" videos on Youtube? The used to be posted by grown women and gay adolescent boys, but seem to have slowed to a trickle lately.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2013

That will teach you to hang around the bourgeoisie, you misogynistic pig.

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2013

I have a few candles and I find them relaxing, but I've never understood the obsession some people have with them. Some people buy candle after candle and it's like how many fucking candles does someone need? You'd swear some of them don't have any electricity in their home with the way they talk about candles all the time.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

They're vile. Just a bunch pleasantly scented delivery devices for formaldehyde, toluene, and benzene.

I won't date anyone who can't live without these (and Glade, etc., too).

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

Scented candles, picture frames and greeting cards -- very puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

I love scented candles but I'm not "obsessed" with them, they're just nice to have around.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

People are always giving me scented candles! Enough already!

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Awfully prissy and fussy, eh, op?

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

Cheryl dear, people are giving you candles to cover the stench of your stinking pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2013

[quote]Many of the scented candles I have seen are in the homes of gay men. Are they included in "fraus".

I always though frau referred to prissy, fussy gay men as well as prissy, fussy straight women.

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2013

I don't mind scented candles as long as the scent is mild and not too perfumey or overwhelming. What I really can't stand are those plug-in air freshener things like Glade. Ugh. That shit smells like pure chemicals and gives me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 1601/15/2013

The worst are people who burn scented candles at the dinner table. So trashy.

by Anonymousreply 1701/15/2013

I agree, r17. Scented candles should never be used at dinner.

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2013

Scented candles, bottled salad dressing, Velveeta, Fritos, bowling...I know what you all like. You're no different than fraus.

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2013

I have to admit, I LOVE the Bath & Bodyworks "Merry Cookie" scented candle. It makes my house smell like cookies.

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2013

You need a strong scent to wipe out the sour sweaty fat husband smell.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2013

r2 is right: it's ridiculous to pin this on fraus, OP. I know many gay men who have scented candles too.

by Anonymousreply 2201/15/2013

I used to buy cranberry or cinnamon scented pillars from Wicks 'n Sticks. I also used to put drops of patchoulli oil on my lightbulbs, and burn cinnamon incense cones. I tried draping a shawl over the lamp but I was afraid it would burn. It was my Stevie Nicks period. But I loved my candles.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2013

Shut up, Frau defenders. Your trying to make a gay man = idiot cunt equivalency is transparent.

Fraus love the candles because they're sooooooooo romantic, a perfect visual accompaniment to that Dove bar or a - "I'm soooooooooo bad!! Snort. Snort" - chocolate chocolate fudge death cheesecake, plus they make their bodies look sooooooooooo sexy.

Plus they can squat onto them.

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2013

[quote]gay man = idiot cunt

I don't see what's wrong with this equation.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2013

Something tells me that since it's a late night r24 has been hitting the sauce pretty hard.

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2013

Women are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2013

I hate scented candles.

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2013

All you need to know, right here.

by Anonymousreply 2901/15/2013

They make me sick to my stomach and make my sinuses plug up

by Anonymousreply 3001/15/2013

What idiocy has this thread uncovered? Scented candles as a fetish? What next?

by Anonymousreply 3101/15/2013

My sister-in-law has a small business selling herbs, potions, homeopathic stuff, incense, knick knacks and, of course, scented candles. 95% of the customers are women.

by Anonymousreply 3201/15/2013

I like scented candles (well, some scented candles, some are awful). My boyfriend and I will smell them together at various stores. We stop, laugh, and note how incredibly gay we are for being out and about together smelling candles.

by Anonymousreply 3301/15/2013

Well you know they are just buying them so that when they are soft and pliable from burning a sexy little frau can form them into dildads and have at them. The scent just adds to the fun, since husbands often stink.

by Anonymousreply 3401/15/2013

The candle that EVERY gay man must have!

by Anonymousreply 3501/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 3601/15/2013

Do you not want your house to smell nice?

by Anonymousreply 3701/15/2013

"Nice" is not how those stench cylinders smell, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3801/15/2013

Don't forget, you can use scented candles for many incantations. Just be sure to keep any gauzy, draped fabrics away from the open flame.

by Anonymousreply 3901/15/2013

My crackpot theory: scented candles contribute to obesity. The ones that smell like sugar cookies or pumpkin pie or birthday cake make the house smell like dessert baking. Which makes the candle owner snacky, which makes her overeat and either get fat or stay fat.

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2013

"Women are nuts."

Men are nuttier AND violent.

by Anonymousreply 4101/16/2013

Do you mean fags and their scented candles, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4201/16/2013

"Scented candles, picture frames and greeting cards -- very puzzling."

and flammable!

by Anonymousreply 4301/16/2013

[quote]They talk about them like they were scientific inventions.

I've never heard ANYONE talk about scented candles like that.

OP, I think you are the one with the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 4401/16/2013

I collect the big glass enclosed Santeria & hoodoo candles. The burn safely and look cool. I mean I have a damn Law Stay Awaay candle. Who else among us can say that?

by Anonymousreply 4501/16/2013

I love the Voluspa large glass jar candles.

by Anonymousreply 4601/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!