Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why no comment from Ellen on Jodie's coming out?

I can't find anything on Ellen's Twitter feed in her comments about the Globes last night.

by Anonymousreply 7603/23/2013

She's been too busy posting in the "Lena Dunham is Fucking Trash!" thread.

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2013

Why should she comment on something that never happened?

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

Maybe she doesn't respect someone like Jodie who can't even say the words.

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2013

Because there's a world of difference between "Yep, I'm Gay" and "We need privacy".

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2013

I was waiting for the Beekman's to tweet something as well. All they tweeted about the Golden Globes was how Polkaspot was enjoying the fashions.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2013

Jodie kind of compared the public 'yep i'm gay' to honeybooboo. unintentional perhaps but a slight nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2013

r6 has it.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

Why in the world would you think that Ellen would be obligated or feel compelled or want to comment on Jodi Foster, OP?

Do you want Ellen to issue a press release, call a media outlet, talk about it on her show?

bizarre

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

The lesbian dating pool is so small they have either fucked or have exs in common and hate each other...

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

I'm with R8. Why do some feel every gay celebrity MUST weigh in on what another gay celebrity does?

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

Maybe some of us feel the need to gauge a consensus before we commit to our opinion as part of a community. I know I do.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Ellen: "Does [the Coppertone girl] still have treats in her pants?"

Jodie: "I'm sure she does, I'm sure she does."

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

R11 To paraphrase my mom: if the consensus was jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge is something everyone should try at least once, would you do it?

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2013

completely bizarre, idiotic, wretchedly weak in character statement at R11

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2013

Well, she mentionned Anderson Cooper when HE came out, right? She and Jodie are friends, so what gives?

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2013

She and Jodie aren't friends. And I think R11 was being facetious.

If you're looking for a lesbian seal of approval, Rosie commented and approved.

by Anonymousreply 1601/16/2013

Ellen uses twitter mostly to shill.

by Anonymousreply 1701/16/2013

Felix the cat

The wonnerful, wonnerfullest cat

When ever he got in a fix

He reached right into his bag of tricks

Felix the cat

The wonnerful, wonnerfullest cat

You'll laugh so much, your sides will ache your heart'll go pitter pat

Watching Felix, the wonnerful cat

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2013

[quote]The lesbian dating pool is so small they have either fucked or have exs in common and hate each other...

LOL. It may very well be true. How about Jillian Anderson, if DL created rumors are true...

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2013

There's something about Gillian Anderson that screams "slut"

by Anonymousreply 2001/16/2013

Ooops, Gillian not Jillian.

by Anonymousreply 2101/16/2013

Has Ellen posted anything about Jodie since?

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

She did a joke on her show. Not a mean joke, a little funny joke about Jodie being single. And they do know each other since one of Jodie's ex girlfriends was in a band with her brother.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

According to "someone in the know", there is no love lost between Jodie and Ellen. They supposedly do not care for each other for some reason or another.

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

r12 wow they look like identical twins in that clip! Ellen's hair! wow.

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

Did you see how Ellen hugged her when she was last on her show? R24, that doesn't seem to match.

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

Ellen CAN'T STAND Jodie.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

Why do these threads pop up all the time? Why does Ellen need to comment about everything gay in the universe? Makes no sense.

In fact, the expectation is childish.

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

I have walked past Ellen and her old girlfriend on the street and Ellen gave me a big ol' warm, friendly smile. She's a sweetie.

I once stood next to Jodie Foster and her brother on a street corner and Jodie gave me the slant eye and then flipped her blonde hair in my face. She seemed cold.

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

[quote]There's something about Gillian Anderson that screams "slut"

You mean like have a million children all with different fathers?

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2013

Jodie doesn't talk to her brother r29. Try again

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2013

Gillian Anderson, bless her, would probably sleep with anyone. Did you her last husband? Big fat white guy. Couldn't believe he scored her.

by Anonymousreply 3201/18/2013

[quote]Did you see how Ellen hugged her when she was last on her show? [R24], that doesn't seem to match.

True, but look how indifferent Jodie's body language is in that same thing. Ellen's doing all the hugging.

Someone said something once on here about how Ellen had their agency set up a dinner meeting between Jodie and Ellen so that Ellen could hit up Jodie for a role for Ellen's gf (don't know which one) on a movie Jodie was directing. Flora Plum.

by Anonymousreply 3301/18/2013

This was decades ago, R31.

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2013

R29 here, and I have to add that while I walked past Ellen I thought she was incredibly attractive.

She's really beautiful in person--I don't think the camera truly captures that. And, she has a lot of sex appeal, something that I did not get with Jodie. Jodie came off as sterile and cold, and in her case, the camera makes her look better and more appealing.

by Anonymousreply 3501/18/2013

[quote] [Ellen]'s really beautiful in person-

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 3601/18/2013

I believe I have to respectfully disagree, R28. I think that by coming out as she did, Ellen put herself at the vanguard of our community's fight for equality. Now whether she wanted that role is another matter, but want it or not, she remains a very visible figure. And visible not just as a gay person, but as a humanitarian, something that I think transcends sexual orientation in the eyes of the public. A lot of straight people have a great deal of respect for her, so I think it falls to Eleen to comment on these issues. I think we expect it because it keeps our cause and our "normalcy" at the forefront of people's minds. I realize I'm arguing herd mentality here, but hey: whatever works. In any event, I've noticed Ellen's silence too. She certainly spoke out on Prop 8 and she's continued to do so on other matters. If I'm not mistaken she even congratulated Frank Ocean on coming out, and Jodie Foster is a much better known figure than Ocean is. Even if Jodie and Ellen hate each other, one would think Ellen would congratulate her just as a public gesture. These are just my feelings, though, and I understand your point of view too.

by Anonymousreply 3701/18/2013

I agree with R8 and R10

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2013

[quote]Laugh all you want but Ellen was hot shit ten years ago.

Never happened, but thanks for the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2013

I agree with R8 and R10.

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013

r33 will now measure the pressure in which Ellen and Jodie huged to see how passionate they are about each other.

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2013

I'm really shocked that so many of you are surprised by Ellen's silence on this matter. I mean, Ellen is a TALK SHOW host, and one of the duties that tends to befall such is to TALK about what's CURRENTLY going on. Foster dominated the news on Monday, and when you add in the fact that they are BOTH LESBIANS.... I dunno' but I certainly find her reticence odd.

by Anonymousreply 4301/18/2013

Crap! I mean "NOT SURPRISED"

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2013

I was trying to find Ellen's reaction to Ricky Martins coming out but I didn't see any. Eventually he was on her show but I don't see any reaction from her before hand.

Do you guys remember it? I don't think she did.

by Anonymousreply 4501/18/2013

After the last election, Ellen announced gay marriage passing in four states to applause from the audience. She also manages to work in a reference to her being gay in most of the episodes. Any more and it'd be obnoxious and counterproductive. She's a great asset to the community, much more so than angry, "fuck you gays" Jodie.

by Anonymousreply 4601/18/2013

About a 2 years ago, Ellen was being dragged through the mud by the gay community for not saying gay gay gay all the time on her show r46. People have short term memory but DL was vicious against Ellen for a long ass time.

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2013

Posts like R46 make me laugh a little, it makes it seem like some gays have huge chips on their shoulders. How dare Jodie not do what we want her to do. (While stomping their little feet of course).

As R47 says there's no pleasing everyone. Someone will always find a reason to hate you if you're in the public.

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2013

r47, Ellen never made any references to her being gay on her talk-show for about the first 3 yrs, never. You expect people not to notice something like that? I remember when exactly when that started changing, she had T.R. Knight on the show to discuss being called a faggot by Isaiah Washington, which was in 2006. She slowly started being more open and by 2008 or so was regularly making gay references on the show. Most of the criticism died down by then, not 2 yrs ago, more like 5.

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2013

Bullshit r50, it was so noticeable that Ellen was being shy about it, that Rosie O'Donnell tried to defend her by saying Ellen's contract stipulated that she wasn't allowed to make any gay references. Which her people denied.

She is far more open now, and is not saying "gay, gay, gay" all the time. But she does consistently remind people that she is gay, because gay rights is important to her, the whole point of her coming out in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2013

Jodie didn't come out, and she's a weirdo who supports bigots and child rapists.

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2013

Bullshit to you r51. She made plenty of references to it but it wasn't enough for some. Some make it seem like she was trying to cover it up when she was just acted like a normal talk show host.

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2013

Really, it's "never enough"? It's enough right now, and has been for years. She's out without being obnoxiously about it, and most people think she's handling it perfectly, now that she started being more open.

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2013

Maybe Ellen is respecting Jodie's privacy.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

What other places?

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

Other gay sites and blogs but no where near as DL. It pissed me off that Ellen, of all people, was being attacked. Of course, Rosie is attacked too but that's cause she speaks her mind. Ellen being Ellen gets called a lot of things here on DL. Search DL for Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

Ellen apparently DID acknowledge it in a monologue on her show.

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2013

Around these parts, the DL loves to call out Ellen's faux nice act, for being a cunt to her underlings, for having a drinking problem, that Portia is a kept woman, and for being insecure.

Those criticisms have always been way more rampant than she's not gay enough.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2013

r55, saying "it's never enough" is obviously implying that those "bratty gays" are never satisfied, no matter what an openly-gay celeb does. When in fact most gays are thrilled with how Ellen handles herself NOW that she's more open. The criticisms about her reticence to make any gay references were reasonable, and she silenced them by being more open.

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2013

Ellen and Jodie seem to be polar opposites:

Ellen = has a trophy wife

Jodie = had a parenting partner

Ellen = fluff TV

Jodie = ambitious film career

Ellen = I wear my personal life on a sleeve

Jodie = Leave me alone

Ellen = took a big risk to come out

Jodie = hid in the closet

In case you wonder, I like Foster better.

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2013

I have a feeling Ellen tried to get with Jodie's ex (gina shock) back in the day, thus the lack of 'closeness' between the two

by Anonymousreply 6401/18/2013

Jodie and Gina were together for a long long time. What makes you say that r64? Your not pulling a "cause their lesbians" are you? (lol)

by Anonymousreply 6501/18/2013

When Jodie was on Ellen's show she said they put treats in her pants to get the dog to tear them off in the Coppertone ad. Ellen asked if she still has treats in her pants.

by Anonymousreply 6701/18/2013

r63, she silenced most of her critics by being more open. There haven't been any threads complaining about that for many years. The fact that there's still "some people" who aren't satisfied is irrelevant, they're a small minority, or they're uninformed how open Ellen currently is on her show.

by Anonymousreply 6801/18/2013

Good point r66. Gina has always been on the butchier side.

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2013

I wouldnt call Gina 'butch' She's quite pretty

by Anonymousreply 7001/19/2013

Is Gina Davis a LESBO??? OMG!!

by Anonymousreply 7101/19/2013

That crazy guy who shot Ronald Reagan did a number on Jody. Her established public image is being distant. When people see her she is that too serious distant cold bitch who doesn't want her private space invaded by anybody. You don't see her smile or look people in the eye, because that may be mistaken as a sign for her to be approachable.

by Anonymousreply 7201/19/2013

Fair enough, R72, but she's not the only woman or man who has been stalked or harrassed. Many women (and men) go through much worse in life, and have the physical scars to prove it. Just because it was in the public eye does not mean her case is more important than anyone else's.

Jodie needs to realize that she has been very lucky in life, regardless of what happened. Yes, she likely has had PTSD because of it but she can surely afford the treatment, unlike many other victims.

If she feels that she need to act cold and distant than that's her right, but most real victims of crime do not act that way. Most don't use it as some excuse to be a bitch to people. Look, there are Holocaust survivors who are sweet, warm, and friendly people. But how would Jodie know about that, hanging around Mel?

by Anonymousreply 7301/19/2013

r73, I don't think she is cold because of the Hinckley shooting, I think it has more to do with her childhood.

Does anyone else think her Mom may have had a personality disorder? Borderline?

by Anonymousreply 7402/07/2013

what R73 said

by Anonymousreply 7502/07/2013

The slutty, home wrecker, Kristen Stewart (who the public thought was so innocent) runs back into the arms of her Satan-Mother, Jodie Foster, to help her through her slut-dom. [click thru for more details] Note this web site has reference to numerous innocent people who are not Satanic as of September 17th, 2012 and the link to this web site will either be deleted or the web site updated. Any specific reference not mentioned is presumed false. Click thru URL to much more information, thank you

by Anonymousreply 7603/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.