Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are threads critical of the government closed and deleted?

I've noticed that many threads that are critical of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the use of drones to spy on US citizens, the prosecution of government whistleblowers, or the revolving door between government appointees and Wall Street usually get deleted.

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013

In other words; you need a new hobby, Drone Troll.

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2013

[quote]Many websites silently censor intelligent conservatives, then use the remaining ones as straw man to perpetuate the myth that only liberal Democrats are intelligent.

Whereas others let them remove all doubt.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2013

More delusional-thinking from yet another typical conservative.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2013

I hadn't noticed those threads disappearing OP but on my local newspaper blog the ones who whine the most about threads or comments being deleted/censored are rightwing freepers who moan about their freedom of speech being infringed upon by a "liberal" media all the while reporting the "libtards" who refute their paranoid claims until said "libtards" get banned and then they gleefully boast about it.

Maybe they just know you are trolling?

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2013

[quote]Many websites silently censor intelligent conservatives,

And your proof of this is...?

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

It's because the New World Order is actually behind the DataLounge. They also keep a record of what everyone posts, the IP address it was posted on, and they link that IP address with a name. If someone gets too out of line, and starts asking questions, they inform the NSA/FBI/CIA of the poster's possible connections to terrorism. Eventually, if the posting continues, they may get sent to Guantanamo Bay, or if the posts are especially incriminating of the government, they send drones to the poster's home. I know this because Alex Jones and Ron Paul told me.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

[quote]Many websites silently censor intelligent conservatives...

Uh-huh, right.... It doesn't matter, in any case, since that doesn't apply to the OP, since he hasn't been "censored," is manifestly not "intelligent," and is not "conservative."

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

[quote]I hadn't noticed those threads disappearing OP

He had a couple of Paul Krugman threads deleted. They had remained active for a few months until he decided to repeatedly spam them with some inane "challenge" from a fellow loon.

[quote]Maybe they just know you are trolling?

Bingo. The webmaster is very tolerant of this particular loon but even he has limits. Mostly, he just locks the threads when the OP goes nuts but occasionally he'll delete them.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

Because you have the morals of a Ukrainian spam operation and are dumber than a box of hair?

Just my guess.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

If sticky messes are not cleaned up right away, they will attract ants and flies.

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2013

[quote]If it makes you uncomfortable, or goes against your beliefs that Democrats are pure and Republicans are evil, it gets deleted.

ROFL.... Wow... you really don't get it, do you? And you're wholly incapable of dealing with reality, or learning anything that contradicts with your lunatic worldview.

Has it really escaped your notice that your threads remain around for months and, in some cases, years, dear? That they don't get deleted or closed unless you spam them? And that as long as you're not spamming, the webmaster just really doesn't give a rats ass?

You posted the same drivel to twenty old threads, dear, reactivating threads that hadn't had anything posted to them for months. And then you spammed a couple of other threads repeatedly, posting and reposting the same lame "challenge" from a fellow loon, a dozen times or more in a single two-hour stretch.

Of course the webmaster responded to this rude, spamming, and trolling behavior, dear. Why are you surprised? You don't want your threads deleted? Don't spam them.

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2013

Is this one closed?

by Anonymousreply 1501/23/2013

According to troll-dar, OP attacked Hillary Clinton as a "cunt" on the Benghazi thread.

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2013

[quote]intelligent conservatives...

Talk about an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

R19 = the queen of false equivalencies and exaggerations

by Anonymousreply 2001/24/2013

OP, I agree you about the duopoly, and that most DL'ers are overly trusting of the Dems, but obviously the WM isn't on board with you about it, so why fight it? I ignore most of the political threads here, there are better places for those discussions. DL is better as an entertainment/gossip board.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

Because the groupthink and mindless worship of government by my fellow gays makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

R22, you're beyond an idiot. You can tell just by your vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

Your inability to articulate any argument shows how stupid you are.

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

Not bothering to engage a libertarian moron/troll is not "incapable". It's "I don't want to waste my time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent".

Your post at R22 is, however, a perfect example of garbage-in, garbage-out. Or maybe a strawman argument.

Regardless, you're a brainwashed idiot, and not worth my time.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

If you are denying that you worship the government then you are the one not worth debate.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

r22, I am quite certain you are a bigger practitioner of "groupthink" than almost anyone else on DL; your group just happens to consist of nothing but loons.

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

I neither engage in "groupthink" (nor do I associate much with idiots who use such words), nor do I "worship government".

But neither do I have an irrational paranoia about "Government", and I guess that's the part that bothers you. Regardless, your generalizations start "way off", and I can tell your argument veers off into insanity from there, so don't even bother.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

From your ignorant rant on the gun control thread, I can tell you have no education.

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

R29, more strawmen. I never said or implied any of those things. You put words into my mouth and then denounce those words. Fascinating.

You need to see a shrink, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

Then tell, in detail, how Obama has been better than Bush in those areas. Or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2013

R30, awesome, you're psychic! Though, like most psychics, you're also completely wrong. Not only am I well educated, I'm well versed in the facts regarding the things you're ranting about.

But whatever. Your opinion doesn't matter to me in the slightest. And your repeated assertions of untrue things doesn't make those things true. Reality is stubborn that way. Perhaps that's why you reject it.

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013

Groupthink was invented for idiots like you.

Unless you denounce the wars, the corporate bailouts, the loss of civil liberty- well, then you are just a brainwashed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3401/24/2013

If you are so smart, then tell us why

We are still in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and Syria, and...

Why we are giving the banks $85B a month.

Why we subsidize the biggest military contractors to the tune of $1T a year.

Why Obama has authorized the murder of US citizens without trial.

Why the man who wrote the ACA left to join a private law firm that specializes in insurance law, making millions.

Please, tell us.

by Anonymousreply 3501/24/2013

Ooh, groupthink, OP learnded a word! A durrrrrr.

by Anonymousreply 3601/24/2013

Here's one advantage to having the Democrats in power. More people learn that both parties rule for the rich.

More examples -- He and the officials he has appointed have put thousands of protestors in jail but not one banker. Let Wall Street off the hook for stealing billions from regular people. He let those same crooks write the new regulation. He let dozens escape war crime prosecutions.

He authorized drone strikes killing women and children to protect the profits of energy conglomerates. He permits second drone strikes as followups so rescuers are killed, a war crime. He authorized regular army troops to enforce the law in the U.S.

If a Republican had done any one these things, outrage on the left would have been enormous. There would have been petitions and street marches. Now? Silence.

The Democratic Party drifts to the right when the Republicans are in power. It is full steam ahead when it is in power. The Democratic Party can accomplish more in protecting the rich and eliminating civil rights than the Republicans because its presence silences left activism.

And no, I do not suggest voting Republican or supporting the Libertarians. If you vote Democratic, fine, good. But do more.

Support a picket line, join a single payer group, demand fair treatment for all workers not just gays and lesbians, demand loan forgiveness for students and mortgage holders, join a peace rally, demand free public education for all with adequate funding.

If we leave it up to the Democrats and the Democrats only, politicians in both parties will move to the right.

"When a social movement adopts the compromises of legislators, it has forgotten its role, which is to push and challenge the politicians, not to fall in meekly behind them." -- Howard Zinn

by Anonymousreply 3901/24/2013

And a few of the idiots in here, along with OP, will wonder why this thread was deleted. READ, simpletons!

by Anonymousreply 4001/24/2013

[quote]Your inability to articulate any argument shows how stupid you are.

ROFLMAO.... Oh, the irony, coming from this particular moron.

[quote]If you are denying that you worship the government then you are the one not worth debate.

Q.E.D. Of course, out here in the real world, nobody "worships" the government. I wonder what it's like to live in that fantasy world of his?

[quote]Groupthink was invented for idiots like you.

ROFL.... Says the libertarian nut who unquestioningly believes everything he reads on those websites he frequents.

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!