Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The secret to Tommy Lee Jones' lack of reaction to anything...

Is it low grade Aspergers? Aside the fact that he was probably abused and severly neglected as a child- I think he's mildly autistic.

Seriously. I was reading an article about him recently and it quoted someone who tried to make small talk with him by mentioning some mutual associates.

Actor, "Oh, (name) says hi... "

TLJ: (silence) .... "okay."

I really think he doesn't know the proper way to respond. It just doesn't occur to him.

by Anonymousreply 5601/15/2013

Actually I think he did react properly. Wiig and Will were just irritating.

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2013

He's into some seriously raunchy sex acts.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

I think he just doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

Do tell, r2. How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

r2=Al Gore, Yale roommate

by Anonymousreply 601/14/2013

Remember, he went to Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2013

I just think he's a douchebag of the highest order.

I've actually pictured the "Order of Douchebags." It would be a secret society like the Masons, and they would have to wear hats with well, douchebags on them. I picture the grand high douchebag calling the meeting to order and all of the other douchebags arguing with him about it. Now I'll picture Tommy Lee Jones as their leader.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

What is R1 responding to?

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

I agree with R9. I nominate as members of "The League of Extraordinary Douchebags":

Tommy Lee Jones

Lance Armstrong

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Kanye West

Mel Gibson

John Meyer

David Miscavige

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Good list R11!

I'd add Ashton Kutcher & Jeremy Piven.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

I agree. Wig and Ferrell were the only blots on a really good night. I don't blame Jones for not reacting.

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2013

Seriously, OP? You wonder about a 66-year-old man's stoicism at an award show and you immediately go to Asperger's? Do you have low-grade Down Syndrome, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2013

He's had some work done around the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1601/15/2013

Try not to have a meltdown, r15.

by Anonymousreply 1701/15/2013

Where does OP say anything about an awards show?

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2013

I didn't watch the program, but I think I'd consider dimensia before jumping to an asphergers diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2013

Did it occur to anyone that Tommy Lee Jones was playing along with the bit? Why did the camera go to him among all the other luminaries in the audience?

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2013

R15 is a pock-mark fetishist that can't tolerate the simple fact that all through his life Jones has been known as a non-responsive, frozen jerk.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2013

[quote]I'd consider dimensia

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2201/15/2013

Tommy Lee Jones has not had ANY work done, anywhere, including 'around the eyes'. If there's anyone in Hollywood who's face is a road map, it's his.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2013

[quote]Did it occur to anyone that Tommy Lee Jones was playing along with the bit? Why did the camera go to him among all the other luminaries in the audience?

Wiig and Ferrell were presenting Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical and Jones' HOPE SPRINGS co-star Meryl Streep was one of the nominees. Their shtick was that they hadn't watched any of the performances nominated and were trying to describe what their respective films were about simply by the title. When they got to Streep (whom they called Muriel), the camera naturally focused on Jones for his reaction. But he was the only one not laughing.

For what it's worth, I thought it was hilarious and was one of the few times I literally LOLed.

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2013

I thought pretty much all the comedy bits at the GG's were great. It was probably the best GG show I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2013

"is a pock-mark fetishist that can't tolerate the simple fact that all through his life Jones has been known as a non-responsive, frozen jerk."

Being a dick is NOT the same thing as having Autism or Asperger's. To be a great actor you have to be great at reading people...no one on the Autism spectrum could ever be an Oscar-caliber actor.

And where on earth would anyone get the idea that he was abused or severely neglected?!

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2013

I think it could be a bit more simple. They cut to him only when Wiig and Ferrell were presenting Muriel Streep and her nomination for "Hope Springs." The completely atrocious movie that she starred in with Tommy Lee Jones. I am not being arch, it was embarrassing for them both.

I never find Will Ferrell funny and Kristen Wiig has not progressed beyond a Second City sketch character, but their bit was pretty cute.

Tommy Lee is an old sexy weird guy and the director of the Golden Globes was cool to catch so many non gushy shots. He was pissed and humourless. See Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2013

He's engaged and engaging in "Harvard Beats Yale", Meryl makes a cameo there as well BTW

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2013

Wow. Ok. DL. I didn't even see this awards show . I was referring to his behavior seen and read about in actual [italic] interviews.[/italic]

For the record, I don't actually think he is an asshole. I've been a fan of his work for many years and followed his career since the Lonesome Dove series.

From what I've read, he always attempts to be polite to people in a logical manner. (Please, thank you, etc.) . He doesn't seem to have any patience for the bullshit Q&A required to do the typical press junket.

He just doesn't get the basic human niceites like small talk, simple jokes, etc. He doesn't seem to know how to do emotions like other people do.

That said, he can show a wide range of sadness in his acting when coached well. Oliver Stone got an amazing tearful catharsis out of him in Heaven and Earth. But he's never too convincing when he's showing joy or laughter.

by Anonymousreply 2901/15/2013

[quote]And where on earth would anyone get the idea that he was abused or severely neglected?!

It was mentioned in a story about him once (GQ, I think). Apparently his Father was "not a good man" and Jones refused to discuss the man beyond this summation. It also has a quote from a family friend who said that when he was a young child, his parents would leave to wait in the backseat of the car while they went out to drink at a bar.

by Anonymousreply 3001/15/2013

R25 = farmer

by Anonymousreply 3101/15/2013

[quote]I'd consider dimensia

That's my crazy-ass sister!

by Anonymousreply 3201/15/2013

Well mystery solved @ R32.

by Anonymousreply 3301/15/2013

I really thought he had the award wrapped up and I think he was just disappointed. Having said that, there was nothing funny (again) about Farrell and Wiig

by Anonymousreply 3401/15/2013

Tommy Lee Jones is an Alcoholic and he also suffers from Depression. He has a very difficult personality. I think sometimes people are afraid to approach him for fear of getting shut down.

He can be very intimidating, and doesn't show his sense of humor very often. Another person who is a prize asshole is Ed Harris. Ed is not the guy you walk up to at Home Depot to ask a question.

by Anonymousreply 3501/15/2013

[quote]dimensia

The plural of dimension.

by Anonymousreply 3601/15/2013

Maybe not quite as animated as I remembered

by Anonymousreply 3701/15/2013

He's got what grumpy cat has

by Anonymousreply 3801/15/2013

[quote]Tommy Lee Jones is an Alcoholic

Source? Is there a story behind this assumption?

by Anonymousreply 3901/15/2013

He is an INTJ.

We are noted for having a "flat affect" on our faces unless there is a reason not to.

So just listening to comedy was not enough to react, he was absorbing it.

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2013

He's got the biggest dick in Hollywood so he can be a grumpy aspy for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 4101/15/2013

" WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN " !?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2013

Please add James Woods to the League of Extraordinary Douches.

by Anonymousreply 4301/15/2013

He lives on a Texas ranch and hates the Hollywood game. He's probably a Tea Partier.

by Anonymousreply 4401/15/2013

R43

And like James Woods, Tommy Lee has an enormous cock.

by Anonymousreply 4501/15/2013

[quote]He lives on a Texas ranch and hates the Hollywood game. He's probably a Tea Partier.

Goes to show how much you know. Some people just can't get beyond the stereotype. You hear the accent and you assume it's all redneck bible beating?

TLJ is a Harvard educated man. He is an avid supporter of the Democratic party and spoke at the convention nominating AL Gore.

by Anonymousreply 4601/15/2013

r44 in 2004 he gave $10,000.00 to Kerry's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 4701/15/2013

Jim Carrey was terrified of him on the set of Batman Forever.

by Anonymousreply 4801/15/2013

Mr. Jones is quite the character. When I was attending college in San Antonio, Texas, I worked as a waiter in an upscale restaurant. Before arriving, he would call in a list of demands (staff were not allowed to look at him or speak to him, other patrons were not allowed to look at him or speak to him, etc.). He was a real horses ass. On occasion, a tourist would approach his table and would instantly regret the day they were born. He was rude, insulting and vulgar. I have never seen a person treat other human beings as horribly as he did. He has a rep around San Antonio (where he lives) as a loon. Because of his behavior, the last movie of his I ever paid to see was "The Fugitive" in 1993 and I will never watch another movie he is in. Total prick bag.

by Anonymousreply 4901/15/2013

R40, your narcissistic need to share your personal pathology and project it towards others has nothing to do with Tommy Lee Jones being a mean-spirited, rude, unkind asshole who seems to blame the world for the fact that when his face caught fire as a child his mother put the flames out with a potato peeler.

by Anonymousreply 5001/15/2013

R23: I was joking.

by Anonymousreply 5101/15/2013

Maybe he is hard of hearing.

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2013

Read Sally Field's account of her dealings with him during the making of the movie "Back Roads" in her 1986 Playboy Interview. She said Jones was physically and verbally abusive to her throughout filming. I love Sally. I can't believe anyone could treat her badly. He deserves a good bitch-slapping.

by Anonymousreply 5301/15/2013

Sally field recently said Jones apologized to her. She is now friendly with him.

by Anonymousreply 5401/15/2013

R54 That's cool. I hope he did. Maybe he's a better person now.

by Anonymousreply 5501/15/2013

Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell were GENIUS at the GGs. What is WRONG with you prissy queens?

by Anonymousreply 5601/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.