Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Carrie Diaries on The CW

Who's watching tonight? I dvr-ed it and am ready to check it out. I can't say I have high hopes, but I'm ready for another CW guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2013

I'll give it a shot when it shows up on Hulu probably tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2013

Sample dialogue

Carrie: You lost your virginity to Seth?! Carrie's friend: Yes! It was like putting a hot dog in a key hole!

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

Will suck. Over this season

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

I didn't really watch Sex In The City so I'm not familiar with Carrie's sister.

What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

I think it has potential. We'll see. So many shows go off the rails so fast these days. See Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2013

I'm loving the music!

by Anonymousreply 601/14/2013

It's pathetic that I know this but, on SATC, Carrie said her dad left the family when she was young -- hence, her issues with men. So, since I'm apparently the continuity police, why is her father around in this version?

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2013

The Onion AV Club reviewed it and gave it a "B." They addressed the continuity and basically said that it really didn't matter. I mean, would you watch or not watch this show based on the fact that during SATC, Carrie said her father took off when she was young, and now in this series she has a father?

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2013

Thanks, r8. Also, the non-continuity is reflective of Bushnell's non-participation in later seasons of SATC, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

Bushell had nothing to do with the scripts for the series. The change came when Darren Star left and Michael Patrick King took over. Bushnell is quite disliked but Amy Harris is loved. She met Bushnell when she was Darren Star's assistant, who no longer speaks to Bushnell.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

Thanks, r10.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Annasophia Robb is 10 times hotter than SJP was at that age. The hidden message: too much smoking and fucking ruins your looks.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

The gay kid is cute.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

I was so skeptical of this show, but I actually love "The Carrie Diaries" so far. I think the dialogue is great, and I love all of the little nods that they make to S&TC (Carrie's "C" necklace, showing Carrie writing from outside her bedroom window, Carrie's narration, etc.). I love all the great 80's music and I am loving the overall look and vibe of the show. I really hope that more people come on board and that it gets picked up for another season.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

Terrible. It'll be cancelled soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2013

Couldn't finish the first ep. Barely conjures up any sense of it being in the 80's. A bit more risqué than the average piece of crap on the CW but not much better.

The best teen show about now is Awkward. Genuinely clever and hilarious at times.

by Anonymousreply 1601/28/2013

I am giving it a chance. I had to drop Revenge off my list and Drop Dead Diva wasn't picked up this season so I have time.

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2013

Revenge is still in my top-five favorite shows that are currently on the air, though I'm not as obsessed with it as I was last year at this time. I still think the writing and acting is great, for the most part, though I do have to continuously remind myself of what's going on and make sure I have all of the plotlines straight.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2013

The zeitgeist of the original SATC is truly over and I think a lot of people have figured out how ridiculous the character of Carrie was. As much as I was into the show when it aired originally, I couldn't care less about how she came to be such a needy, self-involved bitch who never really outgrew the adolescent perception of love and life.

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2013

r19, I think you're right.

Same with Seinfeld. I want to bitchslap all four of those assholes now. I made the mistake of buying a Seinfeld DVD and listening to the commentary. I didn't know Michael Richards fancied himself as such an artiste.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

[quote]and Drop Dead Diva wasn't picked up this season.

For real? Now I know how Hader's character in the firemen skit from the latest SNL episode with Adam Levine felt.

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2013

Boy-on-boy kiss next week!

by Anonymousreply 2201/28/2013

Carrie who?

by Anonymousreply 2301/28/2013

The guy who plays the gay character looks like a young Hugh Dancy.

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

Season 2 sucks so far. The young Samantha has enough Cattrall-isms to make it cute but it just doesn't work. If it comes back for a third season they need to fast forward and at least show how the relationships with the four women began.

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2013

How is the white guy with the yellow skin doing this season?

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2013

It's being cancelled

by Anonymousreply 2711/04/2013

I like the budding gay romance. The show is cute. Especially if you've been drinking.

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.