Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I had almost forgotten her and her brood of hanger ons. A coworker said her show was quietly dropped after she confessed to manipulating her weight.

How did I mss this?

I never thought she would lose the weight. She was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 2109/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2013

She took her love to town. After shooting Oswald.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

She got old and really big. And she wears a red dress.

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

Wasn't that a fat chick show? fraucunts loved her!

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

As I recall toward the end of the show it became obvious the Ruby and at least a couple of her friends were mentally challenged. Not in a funny "Oh what a mess" way but in a very real, not O.K. to make fun of way. They did what they could in editing but by the end of the series things added up and it was no longer fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2013

Did you watch it, R5? Or did you read about this?

by Anonymousreply 601/14/2013

Watched it, not every episode but I think it went for two seasons and I watched some of both. The last one I saw I made me feel guilty for laughing at them in the previous episodes because it all of the sudden became obvious that there was more going on here than "a hot mess" and that the people on the show were being manipulated into doing and saying things that they did not understand.

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2013

Wow. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2013

Yes, it became clear that these are severely damaged people living in a codependent, substitute family situation. Once the dysfunction became so blatantly obvious, it was hard to watch, especially how completely blind they all are to their instability. My sister talked me into watching it, but I lost interest quickly and so did she. I have to deal with enough family dysfunction in real life, so I definitely didn't want to watch it as entertainment. The producers seemed to catch on as well.

by Anonymousreply 901/14/2013

Berlusconi`s Ruby?

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

Ruby Wax?

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Was this a fat lady on TLC?

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

I think she was on Style or Lifetime ..something like that

by Anonymousreply 1301/22/2013

At least the producers didn't try to exploit the situation.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

She was on the Style channel, I didn't get that channel but would watch it sometimes at my friend's house. I think in the last season they were hinting she may have been abused as a child but I don't think that was the case, more like they were trying hard to just drum up drama since Ruby wasn't losing weight. Also she went from lovable to obnoxious, I remember her standing naked in her kitchen having her friend spray tan her.... eeeew

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2013

apparently she's still aROUND

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2013

She looks pretty good.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2013

I never watched so I read some synopses of episodes on Wikipedia. They all seem to be, "Ruby is afraid she's gained weight."

It was more repetitive than Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

Did anyone watch the Where Are They Now on Oprah tonight?

Ruby has lost more weight. No update on Denny.

r9, I watched but probably not every episode. I just remember everyone skating around the issue. Ruby wouldn't confront what happened to her. I a assume child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 2109/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!