Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sebastian Stan in "Picnic"

I want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

Saw it tonite. Yes he is ripped and totally hot. But the show is a snore unfortunately. Very dated and dull. The film is much better, even though Bill Holden is too old to play Hal.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

The guy in the white shirt with the little squares is cuter....I get it! symbolism!! He plays the square, right? What's his name?

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

The guy who played Alan, the college boy, was also in "Black Swan". Pretty cute, but kept his clothes on. I saw this show last week. Ellen Burstyn and Mare Winningham were great, but the rest of the production was like a college production, certainly not Broadway quality. There was no chemistry between the two leads (Hal and Madge), and the Rosemary was bizarre, although she's gotten good notices. Then saw "Forbidden Broadway" which was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

Just shirtless?

No ass?

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

He's got a great body, no doubt. But nobody looked like that in the 50's. It'd be like putting Amanda Wingfield in Gautier. Makes no sense, but keeps the tourists happy, I guess.

Or am I an asshole for even bringing it up?

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

How did he get so old so fast? He looks like a bloated Harry Connick Jr.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

Born in Europe, I believe. Possibly uncut.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

[quote]He's got a great body, no doubt. But nobody looked like that in the 50's.

I thought the same thing about Ellen Burstyn's face lift and botox.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

If you want to see Sebastian Stan in a movie with a lot of hot guys and a homoerotic subtext, watch "The Covenant" with Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch & Chace Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

Yeah, the over the top physique is just silly on that play. How would a drifter have developed that physique? The didn't have a bunch of protein shakes and other supplements in the '50s, did they?

It's like when actors playing Stanley Kowalski spend more time in the gym than the rehearsal room.

Nice body, if totally inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

Steroids. Yuck. Next.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

He's good looking and probably the best thing in "Captain America".

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

R10, that's the problem with the post-Calvin Klein model world of 6-packs we live in today. Every actor is now expected to develop an incredibly muscular physique, even for roles in which it is completely out of place.

Even most athletes don't have bodies that muscular.

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

Excellent nips, both placement and size-wise.

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

Why doesn't he show his naked ass? I've done it, so what is he afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

Theater queens... the PICNIC bootleg, shot in December, is out there.

by Anonymousreply 1602/03/2013

isn't Sebastian fucking ONCE UPON A TIME co-star Jennifer Morrison?

by Anonymousreply 1702/03/2013

I want to go TO there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2013

And who in the Fifties wore their jeans down around their shaved pubes?

by Anonymousreply 1902/03/2013

All it requires for a show to be a success these days is for an actor to show off his hot body?? If this is what my beloved Broadway has come to, I don't want to know.

by Anonymousreply 2002/03/2013

Exactly what R14 said. I could suck on those big pink titties for hours.

by Anonymousreply 2102/03/2013

[quote] All it requires for a show to be a success these days is for an actor to show off his hot body?

That doesn't explain why so many Joshua Logan musicals flopped, especially the musical version of Picnic entitled Hot September

by Anonymousreply 2202/03/2013

Is body is good but why is his face so fat?

by Anonymousreply 2302/03/2013

[quote]And who in the Fifties wore their jeans down around their shaved pubes?

Are his pubes shaved? If so, that's the final straw for me.

by Anonymousreply 2402/03/2013

Isn't there a line in Picnic where Hal mentions doing a stint as a physique model? It's quite possible for a 1950's guy to have abs like Stan's, but that would've taken months and continuous training to develop. What was Hal doing crunches in the boxcar? What gets though is the low-rise jeans. What was the costumer thinking?

1950's physique model:

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

There's something about his body that looks odd. Steroids? Looks like he's holding his tummy in

by Anonymousreply 2602/07/2013

Alert me when pictures of Billy Magnussen's ass are released.

by Anonymousreply 2702/07/2013

He is TERRIBLE in PICNIC. He can barely speak. And you can tell that he shaves his pubic hair, which NO MAN WOULD DO IN 1953, even though Holden was made to shave his chest hair for the movie. His body is all wrong for what is basically a period piece. The entire production is awful, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 2802/07/2013

There was a long article in the L.A. Times over the weekend about the woes of casting directors trying to find enough "authentic" faces for period pieces like LINCOLN.

In fact, it's almost impossible to find someone who doesn't have some sort of giveaway in their face or body. Even Daniel Day Lewis has pierced ears.

Soooo... If you have a funny face from your mom's side of the family and a little experience at the Hootin' Holler Playhouse, Hollywood needs you!

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!