Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Justin Timberlake's COMEBACK ALBUM, featuring Jay-Z

Somehow I suspect DLers will have some strong feelings on the subject. Preview at link.

by Anonymousreply 3607/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2013

Yes, OP, DLers will rush to proclaim Justin Timberlake is "over" and will make thinly veiled racist comments about Jay-Z.

Then those same DLers will post about people who were famous in the 1940s, and how restaurants are too loud these days.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

Who the F cares ?

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

#1 on iTunes around the globe...damn, that was fast!

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

I think it's amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2013

I ambivalent towards Justin Timberlake but I've heard so many of his parody songs he did on SNL and thought this sounded exactly like an...SNL comedy song that he'd do with those SNL guys. Anywho, I'd much rather Justin Timberlake take back his spot from that Bieber boy!

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2013

Yep, #1 already all over the world on iTunes. Justin Timberlake is in Michael Jackson territory, just like Beyonce. No matter what turd they turn out, they will always be successful. They've beloved by every age group. They're household names, and American icons. Whatever...

by Anonymousreply 901/14/2013

No, he is a white kid trying to act black, and how does he try to act black? By taking on negative, boring outdated stereotypes. Nigger is a world used a lot in Hip Hop and R'n'B, and it has given a whole generation of white kids trying to act like blacks license to use that word.

Justin Timbercunt and Justin Beaver are stupid little white kids trying to act like these Hip Hop gangsta thugs. It's offensive and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1001/14/2013

Unfortunately, I have to agree with r9. I've never cared for Timberlake or Beyonce, I think they're mediocre talents at best and their music is nothing special. However, they are probably going to be famous for life no matter what they do. They're in that special class of celebrity that for whatever reasons they're never going to be ignored by the media.

by Anonymousreply 1101/14/2013

Don't call it a comeback!

by Anonymousreply 1201/14/2013

The song is better than most of the songs playing on the radio today but still falls short. It's very 70s. I don't know why there is no bridge in the song. Why did a Jay-Z verse take the place of the bridge? A smooth jazz breakdown at the end could have made up for that shitty intro

by Anonymousreply 1301/14/2013

Dick in a Tux.

by Anonymousreply 1401/14/2013

r10, uh, hip hop does not say "nigger." If you knew anything about hip hop, you would know the word used is "nigga."

by Anonymousreply 1501/14/2013

Act Black? How ignorant? There is no such thing unless you believe in archaic, ignorant stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 1601/14/2013

Timberlake wants to be a white nigga, yo!.

by Anonymousreply 1701/14/2013

I think he's undeniably talented, but his last album left me cold. Literally - just no warmth to it.

Hoping this one shows improvement.

by Anonymousreply 1801/14/2013

Does he take his shirt off?

by Anonymousreply 1901/14/2013

The acting failed then.

by Anonymousreply 2001/14/2013

"you would know the word used is "nigga.""

Because that is SO MUCH better!

look, it's the cement-headed "Hip hop is brilliant and anyone who dislikes it is racist and old" trollette.

Go stick your dick in an electrical socket, wigga.

by Anonymousreply 2101/14/2013

Do you think he's got a hairy chest for real or just shaves it?

by Anonymousreply 2201/14/2013

Baby Michael. He ripped off Michael's act and then threw his little sister Janet to the wolves during that Superbowl bullshit. He's a whiny titty baby and was an annoying douche on "Punked" I can't believe he's improved with age.

by Anonymousreply 2301/14/2013

This was ok...want to hear more.

I like his new hair-do,he looked like a mole rat with his head shaved. r22 I think he is pretty hairy all over, pussy, everything

by Anonymousreply 2401/14/2013

I just don't think people are impressed with celebrities today, like they were back in Michael Jackson's heyday in the 80s, when pop stars and actors still had a mystique. The Internet has made celebrities ubiquitous and there are more of them than ever before, and I think the public is jaded to a certain extent. Of course, the level of talent and artistry, with very few exceptions, is lower than it was in previous eras.

by Anonymousreply 2501/14/2013

Too mediocre and derivative for me, but it will still be a mega success given the reaction.

by Anonymousreply 2601/14/2013

I must be turning into an eldergay at 33 because I thought 'Suit and Tie' is derivative of a lot that came before and sounds like about 100 songs I've already heard, and the Jay-Z interlude was totally unnecessary. And I like some of Jay-Z's stuff. I just don't think Justin is all that.

by Anonymousreply 2701/16/2013

The operative term is "Jay-Z."

His is the most important imprimatur in Pop.

by Anonymousreply 2801/16/2013

I liked his first album, parts of it anyway, but his second, it sounded all congested. This song, well, I didn't buy it after listening on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 2901/16/2013

I just can't see this going anywhere on pop radio today. Matter fact, aside from the presence of Jay-Z, it sounds more like an Urban Adult Contemporary track to me. Justin and Tim are going to need come up with something else.

by Anonymousreply 3001/16/2013

I love that R30 thinks he knows what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2013

Robin Thicke's been doing this already.

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2013

R31 Did I write something you didn't like reading sweetness? Are you the official opinion monitor for Data Lounge??? I must have missed the announcement from the webmaster that "anonymous" is the opinion monitor.

by Anonymousreply 3301/16/2013

ugh anyone hear his newest single "Take Back The Night" ? The beat is hot and is straight out of the late 70s/early 80s but the vocals are of course mediocre. This song would sound amazing if given to a better singer. All of middle America will love it though as they do Timberfake's other songs and they'll think it's "cool" and so "black". His vocal limitations and copycat ways (this song reminds one of George Benson, Michael Jackson etc) are such a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 3407/13/2013

Robin Thick stoled Justin's style. What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 3507/13/2013

Thicke stole Timberfake's style? You mean they BOTH stole the style of black recording acts from 70s and 80s. Timberfake has nothing original from which to steal. Thicke is a much better singer than him anyway. If anything, Bruno Mars revived the big band and suit thing last fall before Timberfake and Thicke came out with the same the same look.

by Anonymousreply 3607/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!