Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Jodie Foster deranged?

I expected more polish from her speech. She seemed psychotic. "I'M FIFTY! I'M FIFFFFFTYEEEEEE!" She also seemed incredibly angry. Look hon, you didn't HAVE to stay in show biz!

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2013

I've been working in this business for years and there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

Hathaway should be thanking her freaking stars that she wasn't the nuttiest, most self-absorbed actress on stage last night.

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

She's great loOking for fifty

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

Oh like hell fanboi r4, she looked awful, especially with that ridiculously unflattering haircut that emphasized her square jaw.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2013

I agree that was a terrible hairstyle on her.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2013

At least she hasn't gotten fat.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2013

A little drinky or five + spotlight nervousness + vulnerability/anxiety about setting herself up to be judged by a small audience.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2013

A while ago someone predicted Jodie will go loopy when her all controlling mother is gone. Well the mother is mentally gone and Jodie seems on her way to loopdom plus friends like Mel and RDJ can't help.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2013

She has never been happy in her life. Not even for one day. That's my guess.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2013

Everyone kind of assumes she dumped her ex for another woman, but maybe her ex was the one doing the dumping. Did you not see how miserable her ex looked Sunday night?

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2013

I think she was very nervous, excited, and a little bit buzzed. That's why she was so erratic.

I loved it. It was lovely, fascinating, cringe-worthy, uncomfortable, poignant, crazy, and beautiful all at the same time. Like life. It was "real" for lack of a better term.

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2013

What's the deal with her and her mom? I don't know a thing about their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2013

Agree with R9 and R13. People are so used to fake plastic people reading teleprompters that they are confused and disturbed by anything nonplastic.

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2013

"I expected more polish from her speech. She seemed psychotic. "I'M FIFTY! I'M FIFFFFFTYEEEEEE!" She also seemed incredibly angry. Look hon, you didn't HAVE to stay in show biz!"

You sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 1601/15/2013

It's not just her speech. Take, for example, the article she wrote on Kristen Stewart's "behalf". It was illogical and not even preaching to the right crowd. And she doesn't write like she's a genius, which wouldn't be a big deal if she weren't hyped as one.

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2013

But you'd take dolls, too, if you had to be up at 5 AM and, "Sparkle, Jodie, sparkle!"

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2013

[quote][R14], my aunt's friend who was a stylist to all the coke whores in Hollywood said that Jodie's mom used to sodomize her with sewing implements, bind her hands and feet and then hoist her up to hang two stories above the ground out in their barn. The mother would play hymns and acid jazz on the spinet while her little girl was locked in a box.

Jodie subsisted on over-ripe bananas and crayons for the first ten years of her life!

TEN years? That's not possible, so I can't find you credible.

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2013

She's like so many. Not as smart as she thinks, surrounded all her life by yes-people. Entitled. Spoiled. Insulated. Smug and arrogant.

Not only does she come across as completely unappealing as a person, but her performances since SILENCE OF THE LAMBS - and some even before that - have been forced, unnatural, fake and wrong-headedly mannered.

There's really nothing left for her. She's now just a "look at me don't look at me" cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2013

She seemed fine to me.

Are none of you familiar with Molly Shannon's SNL Character Sally O'Mally? "I'm Fifty! I can stretch! Kick! And Stretch!"

I thought her speech was very well done. Poignant without seeming self-important. And after the career she has had, out of anybody else in that room, she has every right to come off self-important. What other actor could possibly receive a lifetime achievement award at 50?

She seems like a real person, flaws and all. Her sons appear to adore her. She doesn't seek out celebrity. And she's a great actress.

You people are just overly critical for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 2201/15/2013

She made more sense when she played Nell.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2013

Look, it's terrible, I know, but weakness really, really bugs me, to the point that if there is a wounded bird on the sidewalk, I look at it and I go: 'I think I'll just kick it.'

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2013

She seems very brittle.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2013

R6 aka Nelson, I think you're a friend of mine. We were discussing French smut on FaceBook recently.

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2013

In one interview of late she said she wanted to kick a wounded bird just because it was down on its luck. She's horrible. Anyone know the interview I'm talking about?

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2013

Thanks R24, I didn't see your post. Who says that about a wounded bird? Psychopath

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2013

I agree R13, and R25, I dunno...I feel like she's tough as nails. But maybe that's just cuz I know she's a lesbo. Me? Hell, I'm so fragile I break...just like a little girl.

Damn, what's that line from?

by Anonymousreply 2901/16/2013

Yes, she is deranged just like her BFF Mel. Cuckoos of a feather...

Apparently, Pat Kingsley was publicist to the insane: Cruise, Foster et al.

by Anonymousreply 3001/16/2013

When she was 18 she was stalked by a guy who later, when she was 19, shot the President of The United States to impress her. The guy actually slipped her love notes under her dorm room door.

Give her a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2013

R27, yes, I read that interview, it was creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2013

I thought it was a crazy speech also, but I wasn't about to write that on the facebook status updates that went immediately on the defensive making sure everyone knew that Jody was a saint for not coming out in a batshit crazy, rambling, totally cryptic acceptance speech that illuminated absolutely nothing.

I like it when people actually have the balls or in this case, ovaries, to say the words to the effect of "I'm a lesbian. What? What? What you gonna do about that Hollywood? You gonna take back this award? Huh? Bite me. Jody out. "

by Anonymousreply 3301/16/2013

I've noticed jodie has a way of overdoing it on the figurative langugage. Like the bird comment. I doubt she'd literally kick a bird it's just her way of trying to communicate that she hates the weaknesses within herself without actually saying it. It's why so much of what she says sounds so cryptic and it's why she can't be a writer even though she wanted to.

I agree that some of it was awkward but it was very emotional and kind of awesome overall. Though like all of us she's probably got issues.

by Anonymousreply 3401/16/2013

A Jodie fun fact: the only time she did a play (for her gf tina Landau) a second crazed stalker sat in the audience ready to shoot her dead.

by Anonymousreply 3501/16/2013

The last time Jodie must have watched SNL was 1997.

by Anonymousreply 3701/16/2013

Two of her jokes were insensitive.

She started off her speech rambling about how she maybe should have used her 'walker' since she's 50 now. Needing to use a walker for those who lack strength and are unsteady on their feet and cannot walk without a walker due to weakness or illness is not funny.

Earlier in the evening in a brief exchange on the red carpet, she mentioned being 'brain damaged' trying to be funny. That certainly is not funny either.

I agree that she seems brittle in her speech, and rather deranged.

by Anonymousreply 3801/16/2013

She sounded like she was having a manic episode.

by Anonymousreply 3901/16/2013

R34, no she was literally stalking about seeing a bird with broken wing or something and wanting to stomp it to death because its weakness revolted her.

by Anonymousreply 4001/16/2013

The speech seemed like a plea to others to please help her escape her loneliness.

The very last sentence of her speech was asking people and the universe to somehow assauge her deep loneliness.

Saying that in that moment was a bit over the top and odd.

by Anonymousreply 4101/16/2013

R38, you are such a precious wallflower.

by Anonymousreply 4201/16/2013

Well said.

And I liked Jodie's hair.

by Anonymousreply 4301/16/2013

Three things are making me go "What? Whaaaat?" R35, R38, R40.

and R40, please tell me you're trolling.

by Anonymousreply 4401/16/2013

Her BFF, former lover, and co-parent of her sons, Cydney Bernard, has the same pointed nose that Jodie has.

by Anonymousreply 4501/16/2013

The cold hard truth is people in show business don't get much privacy--and while we may think to the contrary--they don't deserve much privacy. That's the trade-off for a life of privilege, fame and money. It sucks, but Jodie Foster and others have to fight, or at least, work to protect their privacy. But in the end, they don't deserve all that much privacy and shouldn't expect it.

Again, it sucks, but that's the way it is. Besides, gossip has been around since of time. Jodie is in a business where gossip, specualtion and just plain human interest is the mainstay of the entertainment business.

If you're going to be an actor and ultimately, a movie star, you're not going to have much privacy. If you want to be actor and still maintain your privacy, go work in the theatre. You'll have relative privacy there, and--less fame, less money--but a whole lot more privacy.

by Anonymousreply 4601/16/2013

There was no need for her to be so overly dramatic with her words and sentences.

"'s good." uh, ok.

Some of it seemed like she was performing, instead of speaking from the heart in real words.

by Anonymousreply 4701/16/2013

Those special awards such as Jodie received are often so lame.

If the viewing audience were asked who to honor with a special award, Jodie Foster would never even have come to mind.

It was only a very small group of men (who Jodie referred to in her speech) who chose Jodie for the special award.

So for Jodie to go so overboard with an odd speech was unnecessary and a bit lame.

by Anonymousreply 4801/16/2013

Why didn't she just basically say thank you and I appreciate the honor/award.

That would have been sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 4901/16/2013

She seemed to be hung up on being considered a 'has been' after being honored with this special award at age 50 hence the referencing by her in saying 'who knows if I'll be around' and talking about how things will now be changing and worrying about what kind of mark she will be able to make going forward.

by Anonymousreply 5001/16/2013

OP, I think you are a on the fringe here, why don't you tone it down.

by Anonymousreply 5101/16/2013

Why did she say she's single?

by Anonymousreply 5201/16/2013

Why do we need another Jodie Foster coming out thread ?

by Anonymousreply 5301/16/2013

She's been performing her entire life. She may have no idea who she really is.

by Anonymousreply 5401/16/2013

I'm going to start calling her "Jo Dee," because after all her mother went by "Brandi."

by Anonymousreply 5601/16/2013

R52, she is no longer with Cydney Bernard.

by Anonymousreply 5701/16/2013

She said "maybe later at ....'s house"

Whose house was she talking about?

by Anonymousreply 5801/16/2013

She was dating that lady from "Wings"? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 5901/16/2013

No it was "maybe later at Trader Vic's boys and girls."

by Anonymousreply 6001/16/2013

She was drunk, honey.

by Anonymousreply 6101/16/2013

She had to "fight" for privacy? No she didn't. They've kept her secret for thirty years even though "everybody I ever met" knew. She's the very definition of coward. And how lame to get up and try to justify it.

by Anonymousreply 6201/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 6304/03/2013

You bumped this old ass thread just to post an old ass picture nobody gives a shit about? Moron.

by Anonymousreply 6404/03/2013

First of all, it's not an old ass thread. Secondly, you are not the world R64, so you can't say that nobody gives a shit.

Zip your nasty little mouth!

by Anonymousreply 6504/03/2013

Jodie (at the 40-second mark):

by Anonymousreply 6604/03/2013

[quote]And she doesn't write like she's a genius, which wouldn't be a big deal if she weren't hyped as one.

by Anonymousreply 6704/03/2013

There was a shot of some people way up in rafters that she referred to- were those her siblings? Including her estranged brother?

Then she told an interviewer, regarding Mel at her table, "He's someone I love". Kinda snarky.

Maybe her sibs have to make nice-nice if they want to be in the will?

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!