Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best/Worst dressed at the Golden Globes

The worst dressed for me is too long:

Lena Dunham in a dress that didn't cover her hideous tats

Jessica Chastain in a dress that did no complements in any way. Nice color, horrible fit.

Lucy Liu in a gorgeous dress but the pattern looked like kitchen curtains from the 50's

Jennifer Lopez and her Bear Casper in matching white

Jennifer Garner in a red sequined 40's Xmas down.

Lea Michele's orange skin (dress was okay)

Halle Berry in a gown that gave her one huge boob and one small squished boob

Anne Hathaway in a very boring white 2 piece.

Jennifer Lawrence looked good in red.

Naomi Watts, tasteful and elegant. Same with Nicole Kidman.

Claire Danes looking smoking hot weeks after having a baby.

Tina Fey in the opening monologue...don't know how many spanx she had on but never saw her look "sexy" by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2013

It was odd how Jennifer Lopez was in commercials endorsing a makeup line SINCE when she was on stage there was like a glare coming off her nose that made it look like she was wearing a band aid.

A high maintenance girl like Jen didn't notice that?

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2013

Mary OP, it is so hard to please you!

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2013

Keep going OP. You're spot on!

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2013

Kristen Bell had damn well better be pregnant, it's the only excuse.

Well, there's no excuse for a collar that makes her look like she has no neck at all, pregnant or not.

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2013

Jodie Foster had a rather terrific gown on, totally suited her. I just wish she'd done something with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2013

Rachel Weisz's dress was horrid, but she had Daniel Craig on her arm so that deflected how bad it was (polka dots!).

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2013

Naomi looked very elegant. The dress was much better on the red carpet than sitting in her seat.

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2013

Jessica Lange for best spectacles. Gorgeous!!!

by Anonymousreply 901/14/2013

OP has a sad and boring life watching TV.

by Anonymousreply 1001/14/2013

R10 thinks her life is worth living because she makes snarking, irrelevant comments out of the dark and then scurries back to the Cheetoh-orange sofabed to play another game. She's SO smart.

by Anonymousreply 1101/14/2013

Basically, they all looked like shit. None of those Hollywood stars can rock a caftan or dashiki like I can! I may be fat and ugly, but I can sure as hell wag my finger judgmentally!

by Anonymousreply 1201/14/2013

So much anger from R12 over such an innocuous topic.

One can only wonder what you're like in real life.

by Anonymousreply 1301/14/2013

I thought Jodie looked good.

by Anonymousreply 1401/14/2013

I, too, was struck by Jennifer Lopez's makeup, the shine just jumped off her face. Don't they have some kind of powder to make a matte finish?

by Anonymousreply 1501/14/2013

I liked Lucy's dress, pattern included, but I was not a fun of the Katniss Everdeen hair she had.

by Anonymousreply 1601/14/2013

Liev Schreiber looked phenomenal!

by Anonymousreply 1701/14/2013

Kristen Bell is pregnant.

I thought Amy and Tina looked better in the second half of the show. Tina looked fine in the first half, but I thought Amy's first dress looked kind of matronly.

I think Claire Danes won the night on the entire look.

by Anonymousreply 1801/14/2013

I liked Claire's look too. She should keep some of the pregnancy weight. It suits her.

by Anonymousreply 1901/14/2013

Women can be more original when it comes to formal dress. Men have to dress alike, like so many penguins.

by Anonymousreply 2001/14/2013

True, but some of the men looked better than others.

I'm not much of a twink chaser, but Sally Field's son was the one who really caught my eye.

by Anonymousreply 2101/14/2013

Even Claire's eye makeup?!?

Did Sally Field do the red carpet? Only saw her seated and she looked rather plump.

Hated Anne Hathaway's 2 piece dress. So disappointing!

Are Joan and George and friends on tonight dishing the gowns? Are they on E?

by Anonymousreply 2201/14/2013

Who did Kelly "Popeye" Osborne pick as best dressed on Fashion Police? Someone other than her pick.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2013

I thought Jodie looked great. The dress was Armani and fit her exquisitely. Her arms were a-MA-zing.

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2013

Agree with most everything OP said.

As for Lucy Liu, I thought it was a gorgeous dress, as OP said. So, that it might look like curtains, big deal?

Seriously, so many prints can be said to look like a curtain or an old couch, or a tablecloth. It's an easy observation to make. But, if they're beautiful, they're beautiful. And, I definitely though Liu's dress looked great even though I could envision the same print on a curtain.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2013

Jennifer Lawrence looked beautiful. She has very pretty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2013

Best dressed: Carla Gugino in silver satin with silver lace side-bars

Best child's dress: the little floral frock on the girl who plays Alex on "Modern Family"

Worst dressed: Lena Dunham, in that giant eggplant colored dress that did not go at all with her hair, makeup, tatts, or skintone and in which she could not move in

Best trend: a revival of "Sixties Hollywood Fabulous" (think Jackie Susann, or Julianne Moore in A Single Man), on Nicole Ritchie, Giuliana Rancic, Emily Blunt, Kate Hudson

Worst trend: Grotesquely oversized fishtails, on Lena Dunham, Taylor Swift, Jessica Alba and Kelly "What Am I Even Doing at This Event?" Osborne

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2013

Do you think Halle Berry didn't know her dress made it seem like one boob was missing in action? Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2013

Halle Berry seems to be trying too hard to be sexy. We get it but it's not 2003 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2901/15/2013

A lot of these actresses and their stylists seem to forget that even though a gown may look fabulous live in person, in reality it may look entirely different under the glare of the lights and translated on tv. Thats why I'm sure that even though Lucy Liu thought her china blue-floral structured Herrara looked beautiful in person, on the tv screen it simply looked weird and busy.

by Anonymousreply 3001/15/2013

Halle's dress looked like it was designed by Ed Hardy's Christian Audigier.

by Anonymousreply 3101/15/2013

Lucy Liu owned in that gown. Anyone who couldn't appreciate that dress doesn't deserve to be offering an opinion. When I saw her and deb messing walk onstage to present I immediately pictured deb backstage frantically hunting for some Xmas tree lights or josh balls to staple onto her dowdy black gown, so that she could compete

by Anonymousreply 3201/15/2013

R30 Go Fuck yourself

by Anonymousreply 3301/15/2013

KOOSH balls

by Anonymousreply 3401/15/2013

Debra Messing's dress made her chest and shoulders look like a linebacker. Not flattering at all.

by Anonymousreply 3501/15/2013

Let me tell you something about Deb Messing: Lucy Liu could have been wearing a feed-sack, and she still would have looked better.

by Anonymousreply 3601/15/2013

Very true VoN.

by Anonymousreply 3701/15/2013

Lucy Liu never found a husband did she?

by Anonymousreply 3801/15/2013

Miranda Kerr looked great!

by Anonymousreply 3901/15/2013

Just watched the bitches on Fashion Police. What's with them trotting out this "Best Dressed Nominee" shit? Every other dress they showed, Popeye Osborne was going on about "Best Dressed Nominee".

And doesn't she realize it's not a compliment to hear that from someone with fucking purple hair?

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2013

Nicole Richie looked like she was dolled up for Vegas Night at Sunny Acres.

by Anonymousreply 4101/15/2013

R39, I hate that leg stuck out business that insect started. Now they're all sticking their legs out and looking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!