Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dobson on Obama's Reelection: 'Nearly Everything I Have Stood for these Past 35 Years Went Down to Defeat'

1/7/2013

James Dobson in his January newsletter for his Family Talk radio program reflected on President Obama’s re-election and the Democrats’ gains in Congress by lamenting that “moral and spiritual issues” took “a beating on November 6th.” “Nearly everything I have stood for these past 35 years went down to defeat,” Dobson said, arguing that the Democratic Party’s platform “represents a kind of spiritual warfare that has not been seen before in American politics.”

The Focus on the Family founder went on to state that “Barack Obama is the worst president in American history” and claimed Obama holds “dictatorial powers.” He also called judges “the most dangerous” threat to America and warned that “the family and the nation will never be the same” if gay marriage becomes legal across the country.

In his post-election Family Talk broadcast, Dobson said that Obama’s re-election was God rejecting the prayers of his wife’s National Day of Prayer Task Force and will bring about divine judgment on America.

Now let me share my heart with you. I'm sure many of you are discouraged in the aftermath of the National Elections, especially in view of the moral and spiritual issues that took such a beating on November 6th. Nearly everything I have stood for these past 35 years went down to defeat. Consider, for example, these four shocking components of the Democrats' 2012 platform.

They are:

1. Abortion should be legalized through nine months of pregnancy.

Imagine full-term, healthy babies across the nation being poisoned or dismembered a few days before normal delivery. What a tragedy!

2. Same-sex marriages should be permitted by law in every state in the nation.

In May, Barack Obama was pictured on the cover of Newsweek with the caption, "The First Gay President." His policies for the family were affirmed by liberal voters on November 6th. The Supreme Court recently agreed to consider the same-sex marriage issue. If they rule that it is the law, they will open the door to a redefinition of marriage in every state in the land. The family and the nation will never be the same. Nevertheless, neither Democrat nor Republican Congressmen have uttered a word of concern about it. They are deaf and mute while the very future of this great country hangs in the balance. The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) passed by an overwhelming vote a few years ago, but it will be overridden if the Supreme Court issues an adverse ruling. But, who in Congress cares?

The brazenness of these policies represents a kind of spiritual warfare that has not been seen before in American politics. The Republicans' Platform, by contrast, was one of the finest conservative documents of this era. It was strongly pro-life, pro-marriage, and contained other components that conservatives cheered. Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, chaired the writing committee and he is to be commended for his work.

Likewise, very little was said by the GOP during the campaign or the debates about terrorism or the makeup of the Supreme Court. The imperious judiciary is arguably the most dangerous issue facing America because it imposes itself on almost every dimension of culture. Nevertheless, it was hardly mentioned by those seeking office. Silence also prevailed in response to the radical U.N. treaties that Democrats are about to raise in the U.S. Senate. If ratified, they will change this nation forever. I will say it again: both parties ignored these and dozens of other critical issues throughout the campaign.

Well, the election is over and we have a president who often ignores the Constitution and imposes dictatorial powers on the American people. Some people believe, and I am one of them, that Barack Obama is the worst president in American history. Pundits are scrambling to explain what happened and offering advice for the future. Karl Rove and others are telling the nation that conservatives need to abandon their long held moral beliefs, such as opposition to abortion, and become more like liberals.

[More at link]:

by Anonymousreply 5804/19/2013

He was forced to stop beating his wife?

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2013

Good!

Everything Dobson stands for is sick, awful, and evil.

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2013

How sad! It must be devastating for this poor man. The ultimate humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2013

Something about Colorado brings out the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2013

R4, in fairness to Colorado it has moved away from the Republicans in recent elections. It voted Democratic in both the 2008 & 2012 Presidential Elections. It also has a Democratic Governor and 2 Democratic Senators.

Not many other states can say that.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2013

Columbine Highschool is in Colorado as is Ted Haggard. There is definitely something in the water in CO.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2013

No more than any other state, R6. All states have bad things happen. As I just stated above, Colorado is far less right-wing than many other states. Every major statewide office is held by a Democrat and it voted for Obama TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2013

Can't SOMEONE please kill James Dobson??? Jesus, all you lazy people wasting your time going to the gym, fucking, working and posting. Doesn't one of you have the time and the wherewithal to kill the fucker? Is the gay community really THAT unorganized and apathetic?

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2013

I don't think we should joke about that sort of thing, R8. It doesn't help our cause. And as this admission reveals, his power is now on the decline - he admits that he is losing the culture war.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2013

I understand that immediately after this statement he unfurled his black wings and took off for the Caymans.

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2013

[quote]“Nearly everything I have stood for these past 35 years went down to defeat,”

Sweeter words have rarely been spoken.

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2013

[quote]Can't SOMEONE please kill James Dobson???

Do that, and he becomes a martyr, which is a better fate than he deserves. Let him live and watch America leave him and his ilk further and further behind.

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2013

[quote] It also has a Democratic Governor and 2 Democratic Senators. Not many other states can say that

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2013

R13, I didn't say there weren't any - I said there weren't many. Obviously NY, MA & CT can say the same.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2013

When will Dobson be in the news in the same way that Ted Haggard made the news? There's only one reason Dobson's main focus has been on gays for 35 years. He's a self-hating gay.

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2013

What's significant is that for the first time the tide has turned. Both Dobson and Maggie Gallagher have admitted that they lost big time in the 2012 election. Even Gallagher recently packed it in and decided to hand over the reins at NOM to someone else, and her column was cancelled last week.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2013

I don't think it's significant, I think they're using it as a ploy to get more idiots to donate money.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2013

Kill James Dobson? I am glad that he has lived long enough to see Obama elected for a second term and I hope he lives long enough to see another liberal Democrat take his place.

Don't kill conservatives like Dobson. Their tears of defeat are like manna from heaven and their cries of despair are the most beautiful music. They should be protected like an endangered species.

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2013

No, R17. This was a significant turning point - that's why they're upset.

This was the first election in which gay marriage and marijuana decriminalization won at the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2013

[quote]Gallagher recently packed it in and decided to hand over the reins at NOM to someone else,

The morbidly obese hate-monger stepped down as President of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) in April 2010. That was after her marriage broke up and it became known that her son (born out of wedlock) probably wasn't straight. Brian S. Brown took over NOM.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2013

"Can't SOMEONE please kill James Dobson??? "

I'm on it!

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2013

Yes, R20, but it's only recently that Gallagher all but admitted defeat of her movement in her final column. There were several articles about it last week. Her column got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2013

You would think that James Dobson and Maggie Gallagher would at long last GET THE FUCKING HINT.

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2013

Please post pix of Maggie Gilamonster's Lady Hamper.

I want to see if it is tue that her pussy has teeth.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2013

He should listen to himself. He sounds like a defeated Southern politician in the 1960s lamenting the end of segregation and his lack of control over social progress.

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2013

Music to my ears!

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2013

...just rejoicing in that headline

by Anonymousreply 2704/17/2013

America did not vote for Barak Obama. They voted against James Dobson.

by Anonymousreply 2804/17/2013

R28, they pretty much did both.

by Anonymousreply 2904/17/2013

cry me a river, dobson.

by Anonymousreply 3004/17/2013

One down......

by Anonymousreply 3104/17/2013

Does he not understand there is a reason WHY his ideas were defeated????

by Anonymousreply 3204/17/2013

NOT down hard enough yet Dobson.. you evil SOB!

by Anonymousreply 3304/17/2013

[quote]It also has a Democratic Governor and 2 Democratic Senators. Not many other states can say that [quote]I didn't say there weren't any - I said there weren't many. Obviously NY, MA & CT can say the same.

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

Nashville still loves James Dobson and saying the world "Gay" is banned by law in Tennessee, so James Dobson will feel happy there.

by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2013

Reading this post-November election headline again several months later shows why Dobson could indeed see the writing on the wall. The last election was the beginning of what we are seeing now. There has been a cultural revolution towards gay marriage over the past few months and it signifies the end of the era of social conservatism.

by Anonymousreply 3604/17/2013

thank GOD!!!

by Anonymousreply 3704/17/2013

Social Conservatism has moved up north to Canada now.

by Anonymousreply 3804/17/2013

Ahem again, r34

by Anonymousreply 3904/17/2013

In ancient Rome, after suffering a crushing defeat a man would fall on his sword.

Let's all send Dobson as many swords as possible

by Anonymousreply 4004/17/2013

Jimmy, darling, you say this like it's a bad thing! If you had the courage of your convictions, you could have an "accidental overdose." There would be much weeping and gnashing of dentures but then we'd move on.

by Anonymousreply 4104/17/2013

Now he's saying that he sees a time when pastors will be jailed.

Dobson: If I’m reading the mood of the American people at this time, especially Christians, there is great concern for the welfare of our nation. I think more than I’ve ever seen in my adult lifetime. One pastor whom you would know, I won’t name him, he said to me this week, ‘we’re losing ground morally all the time,’ and he said, ‘I’ve told my people get ready for persecution because it’s coming, it’s coming to everyone who is a vocal believer in Jesus Christ,’ and he said that he really expects to end his life in prison. I don’t know if you would put it that way but are you also aware of a growing anxiety or angst that’s out there at this time?

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2013

Have the FBI questioned Dobson on being in Boston the day of the attack?

by Anonymousreply 4304/17/2013

"he said that he really expects to end his life in prison."

Which is exactly where child molesters and tax evaders belong.

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2013

Dobson is in the same category as Larry Craig, George Rekers, Ted Haggard, Aaron Schock, and Bishop Eddie Long.

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

He might be lower than that R45

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

That Dobson gets away with so many lies, using double-talk, innuendo, and outright fabrications leads me to believe he is actually the devil, here to confuse the poor xtians and faithfully ignorant into doing his dirty work.

The Democratic platform in 2012 did not endorse abortion through the full 9 months. What it did was reaffirm Roe V. Wade and a woman's right to choose. But that choice is limited to mostly the first trimester, with some exceptions into the second trimester. And abortion in the third trimester is illegal unless there are extenuating circumstances, like the life of the mother. You know who got a third trimester abortion? Rick Santorum's wife. Because her doctor said she would die if she carried the baby to term, as would the baby, so the *choice* was to save the mother. Under Dobson, she would have had to die. Too bad the Santorums wouldn't follow Dobson's counsel.

Regarding Dobson's lament on marriage equality, does it never sink with these types that they sound like they're living in the 50's and talking about interracial marriage? They said exactly the same things. And you know what? We have interracial marriage and the world didn't end. We even have gay marriage in 9 states, and the world hasn't ended. The only observable effect is that the divorce rate has declined in states with gay marriage. Go figure. I guess all those straights who would have gotten married only to divorce shortly thereafter all said "WTF? What's the point if Jon and Gary can get married? It's just no fun any more."

I would say that I, for one, will not miss Dobson upon his demise. Unfortunately, there's always another huckster ready to step up when one falls; it's the 'Murican way, afterall. Just like PT Barnum said...

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013

[quote]I’ve told my people get ready for persecution because it’s coming

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 4804/18/2013

This warms the cockles of my heart.

by Anonymousreply 4904/18/2013

Hateful con artist

by Anonymousreply 5004/18/2013

Well, great, how about falling on his sword?

by Anonymousreply 5104/18/2013

Dobson is and always has been a joke. Stood for! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 5204/18/2013

The thing is, now that the world is passing them by- they have to backtrack a bit or else resemble one of those fossilized George Wallace-types, frozen forever on celluloid as some bigoted clown.

by Anonymousreply 5304/18/2013

[quote] “the family and the nation will never be the same” if gay marriage becomes legal across the country.

Hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 5404/19/2013

And never the same is for the better, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 5504/19/2013

History will put all these anti-gay Americans in the same box as the KKK and the Nazi Party.

by Anonymousreply 5604/19/2013

At least Wallace recanted some of his racist BS in his final years.

by Anonymousreply 5704/19/2013

These types still have enormous control over Washington.

by Anonymousreply 5804/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.