Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

That LA Publicist killed in 2010

Remember back to 2010 when that publicist, Ronni Chasen was killed in LA, & there were a million conspiracy theories about it (and the whole thing was solved and put away very quickly)...

Why has there been zero follow up on anything related to it since then (not even chatter about the conspiracies or the guy that actually robbed her...)

by Anonymousreply 11704/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2013

Probably because someone at the top of the media pyramid knows what is good for them.

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2013

[quote]Probably because someone at the top of the media pyramid knows what is good for them.

What happened to the General Petraeus scandal? That thing was crushed faster than a piano falling on top of an ant.

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2013

I like all the Scientoloty-related conspiracy theories the best.

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2013

Organized crime is heavily involved in the entertainment business, moreso than even sports, and people do in fact talk about it.

This is why so many films are violent and idiotic. They reflect the mentality of criminals. These films mirror the dark minds of murderers, drug dealers, and pimps.

All you have to do is ignore the violent and sexist films and music. Don't buy it. Don't support it.

Poor Ronnie Chasen was an old school Hollywood type, and these types are being replaced by ruthless, unknowledgable drones who don't like other people. Ronnie was a classic schmoozer who had the ability to hold a conversation about current events and smart topics. The young people coming in have no ability to do that--they are ignorant of world events and disinterested in other people.

Ronnie Chasen's tragic murder is a symbol of the death of creative film and classy Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2013

Anyone remember right after 9/11 and the anthrax attacks several scientists had some strange accidents and "suicides" amongst them? One guy appeared to have left his car on a bridge and jumped or did he? Most of these scientists had some ties to working with infectious diseases. It was very strange and hushed up quickly. In fact I couldn't even find anything by googling.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2013

Just after 9-11, I remembered hearing a blurb on CNN about a check that was found that connected Saudi Arabia to the funding of the terrorists.

They came back from commercial and nothing was ever mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2013

The French were supposed to be doing a documentary on the Chasen killing. It was slated for release in later 2011.

Never heard anything more about it.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2013

The weirdest thing to me about this whole story was the publicity it got in the first place. No one outside of the LA entertainment industry gave a shit about this woman.

Only in LA could a publicist be an important figure.

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2013

[quote]Only in LA could a publicist be an important figure.

Publicists tend not to want to be personalities. What drew millions to this case was the tale we were told about the black man who rode his bike from Hollywood, hid until she pulled up to a stop sign, blasted her full of bullets, watched he car careen a half block down the street, got back on his bike without stealing anything from her or her car, rode the six miles back to Hollywood, then bragged to people that he had killed her.

Black people do not drive in cars through Beverly Hills without getting stopped. They do not walk or ride bikes for the same reason -- especially not at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2013

And the CNBC exec's nanny who took out his 2 kids a day after CNBC posted a story about 43 trillion bankster fraud.

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2013

The media has the attention span of a housefly.

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2013

[quote]What drew millions to this case

Oh Mary: hose yourself down.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2013

Gee I wonder why r10?

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2013

She was close to the Reagans and other political heavies too. Maybe Meg Whitman or Arnold Schwarzenegger took out a hit.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2013

She didn't want to continue playing with certain people.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2013

Very interesting stuff

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2013

The "find-a-grave guy" remarked Ronnie was rumored to enjoy a box lunch and that her brother is shady. Ronnie left her niece some offensive, low amount of money in her will. There was beef. Murky beef. It's a white hot Hollywood scam that many talk about locally in tones of low appreciation, some Hollywood Confidential shit.

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2013

There was also a story a few years ago about a real estate agent in LA/BH that was murdered and stuffed into the trunk of her car. The police sealed the case and it was never in the news again. I think there is a media black out on some shady stuff. This instance may have been a serial killer. The Ronni Chasen stuff is creepy especially how quickly they shut the case by finding a patsy and how conveniently the street cameras were not working. I agree with the poster above that a new breed of bottom feeders is in Hwood.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2013

Link for r19

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2201/14/2013

I love R19's hipster-Raymond Chandler lingo.

by Anonymousreply 2301/14/2013

R19 wears a pork pie hat -- so does his dog.

by Anonymousreply 2401/14/2013

Had she lived I'm sure she would have loved my work in Les Miz.

by Anonymousreply 2501/14/2013

[quote]Black people are resentful of white people so killing any white person will do.

Black people who commit crimes against white people are sometimes resentful towards them, and this might cause them to kill, but most times, the cash will do.

Ronni Chasen was not robbed.

by Anonymousreply 2701/14/2013

R26 n 7:

Welcome, Klan prospects!

by Anonymousreply 2801/14/2013

A man on a BICYCLE fires shots into the moving car of a woman that he does not know and somehow manages to strike her several times?

The exact skill and precision required to make such shots is very high.

I doubt a crackhead on a bike would be able to make those shots let alone many highly skilled marksman in a similar situation.

The entire scenario presented by the police does not ring true. Someone wanted her dead.

by Anonymousreply 2901/14/2013

Dominick Dunne would be all over this shit.

by Anonymousreply 3001/14/2013

I think some former FBI and CIA agents admitted they did it. I'm sure their confessions are all over the place. I'm sure Conspiracy Charley will give you the details.

by Anonymousreply 3101/14/2013

She had rolled down the window on the passenger side when she stopped at the first intersection. So whoever was at the window was almost certainly someone she knew or she never would have opened the window at midnight on a deserted street corner.

If the guy was on a bike and intended to either rob or kill her, why would he not have ridden up to the driver's side.

The story does not jibe with the facts.

by Anonymousreply 3201/14/2013

r5, you're being over-dramatic.

Organized crime is very heavily involved in sports, less so in the entertainment industry, unless you mean below the line.

The Sopranos is not an accurate picture of the majority of organized crime today.

Twenty-five or thirty years ago, during the BCCI days, journalists had much more freedom reporting the connection between corporations and OC. Now, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 3301/14/2013

[quote]The story does not jibe with the facts.

And the now-useless press never questioned the cops.

by Anonymousreply 3401/14/2013

I still think the brother is a key, but there is allegedly a stolen art link here, too.

Those types of cases are conducted very much on the down low, and can take years to prosecute, if ever. Most have an international element that complicates them further.

by Anonymousreply 3501/14/2013

I just thought of this story yesterday - there was open hostility with one of her nieces, she was pointedly cut out of Chasen's will.

by Anonymousreply 3601/14/2013

Of course, I have no answers to Chasen's murder but I do know that criminals don't always act rationally or according to what you think makes sense. Neither do victims under startling circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 3701/14/2013

I read rumors that Chasen was involved with the Russian mob and did not supply promised "call girls/actresses" that were desired. Is that true? Either way, what are the details on "mob" financing in entertainment?

by Anonymousreply 3801/14/2013

r37 == reporter too scared to follow the story.

by Anonymousreply 3901/15/2013

No, R39. Just a criminal defense attorney who has learned never to be surprised when crimes don't "make sense" and people don't behave as expected.

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2013

It was scary how the BH police chief not only told the story that closed the case with a straight face, but how meekly the reporters accepted it.

by Anonymousreply 4101/15/2013

R38, the Russian mob hit was the most discussed reason around the time it happened. There's no way any guy on a bike shot her in a moving car with such exact results.

The Russian mob is HUGE in LA. She pissed off the wrong people.

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2013

Look at who her clients were. About 10 years ago. I won't say anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4301/16/2013

On IMDB, there is a big gap between 1997 and 2004.

No Cher film, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4401/16/2013

[quote]and these types are being replaced by ruthless, unknowledgable drones who don't like other people

by Anonymousreply 4501/16/2013

Even with Obama's proposals to limit some fire arms and accessories, the handgun used to kill RC would still be perfectly legal.

by Anonymousreply 4601/16/2013

Is she related to the Chasens that owned the famous restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 4701/16/2013

Bitch, PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 4801/16/2013

R42, Please say more.

by Anonymousreply 4901/16/2013

A lot of Hollywood movies are bankrolled and financed by shadowy figures in the Russian mob and the wealthy from the Middle East. These types don't have the regard for human life as it is, so if a publicist wasnt doing as she was told, I'm not surprised if someone wanted her eliminated.

The whole story about the suspect and how he shot himself at a sleazy hotel was always fishy. Someone in BHPD got paid off and paid off big. You could drive an 18-wheeler through the holes in that story.

by Anonymousreply 5001/16/2013

(...and to any other criminal defense atty who'd like to answer.)

Do you enjoy your line of work? Do you ever get tired of listening to (and defending) people who are dirt bags?

by Anonymousreply 5101/16/2013

As I said in r44, her career as listed in imdb is spotty and contains many gaps.

by Anonymousreply 5201/16/2013

[quote] A lot of Hollywood movies are bankrolled and financed by shadowy figures in the Russian mob and the wealthy from the Middle East.

Perhaps this is a naive question, but why would the mafia bankroll movies? Don't most movies lose money?

by Anonymousreply 5301/16/2013

Can someone recommend something to read about the Russian mob? I've heard they are far more ruthless than older organized crime families. I first learned about them in an NPR feature about 20 years ago when the NHL started to import players from the former Soviet republics. Once here, the men were lean on heavily and blackmailed with threats to their families. The threats were taken very seriously.

Do they make their money the way the old traditional mob does? Have they branched out into other things?

by Anonymousreply 5401/16/2013

It's been said here that she was doing the lez lez. (Yes, that's said about everyone here...)

Could this have been dyke drama gone wrong?

by Anonymousreply 5501/16/2013

R53, Bankrolling a movie probably lends itself to money laundering. The problem crooks have with their "earnings" is hiding where it came from. Funneling it through a movie production company might be a way of disguising the source of the income.

by Anonymousreply 5601/16/2013

Bankrolling a movie also gives you access to young women with dreams of stardom who are thus rendered pliable for other activities.

by Anonymousreply 5701/16/2013

The press is scarily useless in Hollywood. Lawyers like Marty Singer get them shut down and buy off cops and judges. In LA,there is so much corruption that it is impossible to trust anyone in the legal system.

by Anonymousreply 5801/16/2013

Remember when Christopher on The Sopranos got into movies? That type of made guy who's a bit of a fuck up, and not traditional.

He knows how to schmooze and he's clever; however, he's not old school, but he's not the new breed with degrees and/or finance backgrounds either.

That type of guy is often an "entertainment liason" for the mob.

The more sophisticated are into international OC, and they use movies for money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 5901/16/2013

R57, What's the rest of the story? I want more than just 2 lines.

by Anonymousreply 6001/16/2013

Had she been drinking that night? A couple glasses of champagne might account for unpredictable behavior, such as rolling down her window to help someone pretending to need help. I am not familiar with Beverly Hills; could an assassin have known ahead of time the route she drove home?

by Anonymousreply 6101/16/2013

Keanu Reeves owned a house across the street from where she was shot. Police asked to see his cameras. Nothing was recovered, according to the press. Which means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6201/16/2013

Everything is a conspiracy now. There are even tinhats claiming the Newtown shootings never happened.

by Anonymousreply 6301/16/2013

r63 Look at the facts before you make such statements. There are several holes in the story. When you lay it all out something does not make sense.

by Anonymousreply 6401/16/2013

link, r64

by Anonymousreply 6501/17/2013

The fact that she chose that route home is also a mystery since it was apparently not the route one would normally take.

That's one of the reasons people initially thought she must have known the person for whom she rolled the window down. The assumption was that it was a planned meeting. And this would also explains why the passenger window was rolled down: the person she rolled it down for was in a car, not on a bike.

by Anonymousreply 6601/17/2013

R66 The route she took is a well known short cut from Sunset to Wilshire to where she lived in Westwood.

by Anonymousreply 6701/17/2013

I think about this case from time to time. West Hollywood resident of 10 years. I drive by the Harvey Apartments on the way to the 101 (where they said the "killer on the bike" lived) and it doesn't make any sense at all, the whole story. I work in Hollywood and disagree that the route she took was a known short cut, but maybe I'm simply out of the loop. At that time of night, one would usually stay on the main roads- coming home from a common Hollywood premiere along Hollywood Blvd. She MUST have known the person who shot her, it was a hit, or there was some kind of planned meeting and she was involved in something shady/dangerous. You would NEVER roll down your window in LA that late at night on a quiet, dark street. No way. And nobody would just be hanging out waiting to rob someone, or biking by in that area. It's so bizarre.

A lot of people who know the City of West Hollywood well, will swear that many of the businesses between La Brea/Fairfax area on Santa Monica are fronts for mob activity; and they look it too. Some of the most dated, ridiculous looking shops that you can't imagine being a real business. Any rate, this case truly was covered up, buried and I always wanted to know the real story. RIP miss Chasen.

by Anonymousreply 6801/17/2013

I agree. I'm from LA. And this story still desturbs me. Some of the police accounts don't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 6901/17/2013

R68 has a great point. Those pawn shops etc on Santa Monica and Fairfax might as well have signs saying "Money Laundered Here" or "Front Company"- same thing as some of the fortune tellers in the area. Ronnie was in deep, and now, the police are too.

by Anonymousreply 7001/17/2013

there is also the young guy who worked at MTV who was executed gangland style with a single shot to the back of the head. cops blamed that on some black people too- 3 people who at used a shotgun to rob immigrants of payday cash in a neighborhood miles from MTV guy's murder. the MO's are even remotely similar.

no word on this case since the suspects were arrested and arraigned. why?

by Anonymousreply 7101/17/2013

I remember that case r71 -- "journalists" have much to answer for by not following up.

by Anonymousreply 7201/17/2013

not a peep about trial or conviction since may 2011, r72. something is seriously rotten here.

by Anonymousreply 7301/17/2013

[quote] Organized crime is heavily involved in the entertainment business, moreso than even sports, and people do in fact talk about it.

I'll say. Not to mention politics. A republican Catholic family bought a cable company which came out on top in local cable wars. They then bought a once-proud, liberal newspaper which had won multiple pulitzer prizes for investigative reporting and fired all the reporters. The next thing we knew, the newspaper was 1/4 its former size, endorsing Tea Party candidates and making up shit about the local congessman, claiming they were "investigating" him. TV (owned by the newspaper) was full of ads about how he was under investigation by the newspaper (owned by the TV cable company) though there was no investigation, just an allegation by a guy who retravted it.

This family is Up To Here in the mobbed-up department.

There's more than one mob, of course. Russians are getting into entertainment now in a big way. In my area, the mafia is half Irish due to intermarriage.

by Anonymousreply 7401/17/2013

Smith, who had a rap sheet dating back at least 25 years, rode a bicycle and tried to rob Chasen. Nothing was stolen, most likely because she tried to get away as she was being shot.

by Anonymousreply 7501/17/2013

Her brother owed money to the mob. She was killed as a result. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 7601/17/2013

R68 Drive down Whittier on any week day during rush hour and you will see for yourself. I've take this route myself many times to get to Century City and avoid traffic on Santa Monica. You can cut through the Beverly Hilton at Wilshire.

It's not really a dark deserted street. It is in a rich residential area of Beverly Hills bordering a golf course. People ride bikes and walk around there for exercise a lot though not usually at night. Google map "sunset boulevard and whittier drive, los angeles, ca".

I don't see the black guy on the bike at the shooter. He was probably a decoy to get her to roll down her window and then someone else shot her.

by Anonymousreply 7701/17/2013

Well, Kitty Kelley was shocked that Nancy Regan asked Alfred Bloomingdale to get Sidney Korshak to fix a labor strike for her, which he apparently did. KK was stunned that she had that knowledge. But of course, if KK knew more about Chicago, she wouldn't have wondered. The only haute couture dress shop in Chicago when Nancy Davis was growing up was Stanley Korshak's, and he always made a big deal about his brother's influence with unions and the mob. He socialized with Edith Davis, so he would have known Nancy, so it implied no particular knowledge of mobsterdom for her to think she could fix a strike through Sidney Korshak.

by Anonymousreply 7801/17/2013

R69 You must work for the BH police.

That is what is off about this. If a guy has 25 years experience of petty crimes why would he all of a sudden decide to kill someone. She didn't pull a gun on him so she was no threat. And why was he bragging to his friends that someone was going to pay him $10,000 for a job. Who would hire a petty criminal with no experience for that much money for a hit?

BH cops just rolled over and played dead with this one once the easy suspect was killed by the LAPD before he could testify.

by Anonymousreply 7901/17/2013

r76, why kill her?

Did she agree to pay his debts?

by Anonymousreply 8001/17/2013

[quote] I don't see the black guy on the bike at the shooter. He was probably a decoy to get her to roll down her window and then someone else shot her.

Yeah, because a white woman is so much more likely to roll down her window for a black guy on a bicycle in Hollywood on a deserted dark street than for a white guy

by Anonymousreply 8101/17/2013

The murder took place in Beverly Hills on Whittier Drive. Houses on Whittier Drive go for $5 - $10 million. Rich black people live in Beverly Hills.

If she was a white liberal with upper middle class guilt she would. Especially if looked like he fit in and if he pretended to be hurt or something was wrong with his bike.

I don't know why people think this happened in a dark alley in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 8201/17/2013

R82, even if she did think he was a local rich black man and she rolled down the window as a courtesy, why did he shoot her if his intent was to rob her. If she resisted and tried to get away, all he had to do was run himself, which is what he did do.

It doesn't make any sense that he shot her. And didn't he actually have a gun that shot bullets that were designed to do as much damage as possible. This isn't the kind of gun a petty thief carries.

by Anonymousreply 8301/17/2013

As far as "the mob" and hits go, you don't usually kill someone who owes you money. You kill someone who knows something they shouldn't. You kill someone you can't trust. You kill someone to teach someone else a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 8401/17/2013

Ronnie knew Jodie Foster was gay and she was killed for having that knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 8501/17/2013

Who ever killed her knew her. Here's a scenario: She leaves a party and arranged with someone to meet her at her home. They follow her, with her consent & knowledge. At a certain point, they pull up on her and shoot her.

Or maybe she was trying to give someone directions, and they were following her at her suggestion, and they shot her. But it was someone she knew, it was by pre-arrangement, and she had no idea they were going to kill her. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 8601/17/2013

Did the police find out who allegedly offered him the $10,000 to kill her or was that party of the story conveniently forgotten?

Wealthy white lesbian who's tough enough to cut one niece out her will rolls down her window to be a good Samaritan at midnight...

How many wealthy Beverly Hills citizens are out riding the streets on a bike at midnight?

by Anonymousreply 8701/17/2013

How come they never connected the dots to the missing investigator and the PSU sex scandal?

I feel like I was reading about how weird it was on DL for years before the PSU scandal ever broke.

by Anonymousreply 8801/17/2013

Here's a crazy idea: Mel Gibson's ex-wife was an L.A. Russian!

by Anonymousreply 8901/18/2013

Jesus Christ, maybe Ronni's death was a warning to Mel!

by Anonymousreply 9001/18/2013

Jesus Christ, Hollywood is over. It's over. You will never see great films again, with great actors. It's all a sham, all a front for big business or underworld money laundering.

Friends, it's time for us to employ our own imaginations to their full capacities and entertain ourselves and each other.

We can write our own stories, make our own music, and film our own movies. Let's stop giving up our inner creativity to others, and stop paying to watch their darkness.

Let's stop watching violence.

by Anonymousreply 9101/18/2013

Here's a theory I'd like to hash over: let's just say that the real killer did commit suicide. Now, I saw his picture and yes, he had gay face. He also lived at the Harvey, notorious for tranny hookers. Maybe this dude worked as a hooker. Maybe he actually met Ronni at some function or party. Maybe there was a gay cat-fight between the two and he had a resentment.

Still, why did she roll down her window at night to a guy on a bike? Maybe he called out her name. Maybe she was soft-hearted to the less-fortunate.

In any event, if the official story is true, then I want to know his motive. That may be the cover-up involved--that he had high-profile clients while he worked as a tranny hooker.

by Anonymousreply 9201/18/2013

Someone heard shots - a professional would have used a silencer to avoid attention in what I am guessing is a quiet neighborhood at night.

by Anonymousreply 9301/18/2013

r93 That part of Beverly Hills is very quiet at night. I just don't see a white senior lady rolling down the window at that time of night for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 9401/18/2013

Was she shot from the passenger side or the driver side?

by Anonymousreply 9501/18/2013

[quote]Someone heard shots - a professional would have used a silencer to avoid attention in what I am guessing is a quiet neighborhood at night.

Not if he knew the people in the area would more likely hide from shots than come out to see who is shooting. As for surveillance tapes, it is easy to camouflage both cars and clothes to make them useless.

The trick is to get off the shots and then be gone before people can react while driving a nondescript car with tinted in clothes that hide most of your features.

(A few years back, there was a jewelry heist in the Glendale mall where the guys were all in plain sight, but dressed in dark clothes and hoodies with masks. You couldn't tell who in the hell they were.)

by Anonymousreply 9601/18/2013

Did the ever find that missing FBI agent or the really tan, tall executive whose family tweeted about his disappearance?

by Anonymousreply 9701/19/2013

[quote]Did the ever find that missing FBI agent

Yes -- the cops missed him in their search. He was found by some hikers not far from his own backyard.

[quote]the really tan, tall executive whose family tweeted about his disappearance?

by Anonymousreply 9801/19/2013

For R97.

by Anonymousreply 9901/19/2013

The missing really tall, tan movie industry executive isn't that damned mysterious. He used drugs and he cheated. His wife said so. He was having an affair with a married woman who's hubby was in the drug trade.

There have been a couple of mysterioous deaths/disappearances I'm intrigued by. One is that former CIA guy they found neqar D.C. and the other was the Black FBI agent who's car was found on the shoulder of the interstate. Not sure if they found his body, but I don't think we've heard a thing about either. Maybe someone should start a thread?

by Anonymousreply 10001/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 10101/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 10201/19/2013

I think the really tall, tan movie industry executive was offed because he owed money for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 10301/19/2013

Probably. He was also cheating with the wife of a drug dealer, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 10401/19/2013

Update on Gavin Smith, missing exec.

Hummer found at drug house may be tied to missing Fox executive

January 24, 2013 | 6:54 am

Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives have found a Hummer they sought in the disappearance of missing 20th Century Fox executive Gavin Smith outside a marijuana grow house in Granada Hills.

Detectives took the vehicle Wednesday after federal drug agents investigating the grow house notified them of the vehicle's presence.

The vehicle is registered to John Creech, a convicted drug dealer whose wife had ties to Smith and whose West Hills home was searched in June 2012 as part of the investigation, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed. Investigators were expected to use a search warrant to examine the vehicle's interior for evidence.

Whitmore said authorities have been looking for the Hummer since the search of Creech's home and believe it may be tied to Smith's disappearance.

Chandrika Creech met Smith in therapy, according to a person familiar with the case who did not want to be named because the investigation is ongoing.

Detectives have long emphasized that their probe of Smith's disappearance is a missing person investigation and that there are few clues in the case.

But the tone of the investigation appeared, at least from the outside, to change when a SWAT team searched the West Hills home belonging to the Creeches.

The cover pages of a sealed search warrant affidavit that referenced the address of the home, signed by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge on May 21, said detectives had probable cause that an unspecified felony had been committed at the residence.

Investigators left the home, located in the 8600 block of Santa Susana Place, with boxes, a computer and a black Audi SUV, but no arrests were made.

When asked why his home was searched back in June, John Creech said: "I would love to tell you but I can't. I am told I cannot make any comments."

He added that he has "never met" Smith.

Creech made the statements to Times reporters at Los Angeles County Superior Court, where he was scheduled to be sentenced on a single count of selling and transporting drugs. Creech is currently serving his sentence at Men's Central Jail, according to online inmate records.

Smith, a former UCLA basketball player who worked in Fox's movie distribution department, left a friend's home in Ventura County's Oak Park neighborhood the night of May 1, 2012. Wearing purple athletic pants belonging to one of his sons, Smith drove away in his Mercedes, leaving behind his cellphone charger, shaving kit and other items.

Volunteers and authorities conducted numerous searches but have not found any sign of Smith.

by Anonymousreply 10501/24/2013

But still no justice or Ronni...

Her brother fell off the face of the earth, too.

by Anonymousreply 10601/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 10702/08/2013

[quote]Her brother fell off the face of the earth, too.

Larry Cohen's last imdb credit is from 2009.

by Anonymousreply 10802/09/2013

Someone here wrote that the Beverly Hills Police Chief belongs to the CoS. Any truth in that?

by Anonymousreply 10902/09/2013

Could it be she was mistaken for someone else? There are plenty of older Jewish women driving Mercedes in Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 11002/09/2013

Yes, R109, that is true. Lee Baca. More on the Ronnie mystery - if you dare.

by Anonymousreply 11102/09/2013

Very strange...

by Anonymousreply 11202/09/2013

What's CoS?

by Anonymousreply 11304/14/2013

r113, Church of Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 11404/14/2013

Church of $cientology, [R113]

by Anonymousreply 11504/14/2013

R111, Lee Baca is the LA County Sheriff, not BHPD.

by Anonymousreply 11604/14/2013

Here is a web sleuths thread on it.

by Anonymousreply 11704/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!