Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Honey Boo Boo Touched By AIDS

Honey Boo Boo Uncle Poodle is going public that he has tested HIV positive in May

'I was adamant about getting my HIV status checked on a regular basis. On March 16, 2012, I tested negative. Then, in May of 2012 my test results came back positive. I knew it had been my boyfriend who infected me. I later learned he had been HIV positive and was not taking medication and had not bothered to tell me about it. I was advised that I should press charges and, hesitantly, I did. It was the right thing to do.'

Uncle Poodle is just 29.

by Anonymousreply 5702/02/2013

Wow, that's sad. This is why people need to think long and hard before they have sex without condoms.

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2013

So, is this an ex boyfriend from the past, or the guy he was going to marry?

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2013

Ima princess and my demandin' schedule means I gotta have AIDS to get shit done. Don't be hatin', ya'll!

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2013

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2013

R6 melts if you throw water on him.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2013

I actually had no idea who this guy is so I had to google him. Here's an article about his situation complete with photo.

so he's what? A redneck gay?

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2013

You seem like a very unhappy person R10. What is your damage?

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2013

R10's damage is being a Christaholic Republican asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2013

Even if the bf "wasn't taking medication" he was still infectious.

Over 30 years into this and people are still so ignorant about the dangers of sleeping around.

With everyone fucking everyone, why isn't half the planet infected with HIV?

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2013

That's blind trust for y'all.

HIV can happen to all proclaimed monogamous relationships where you bareback.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2013

R14 Yep. That's why I will always use condoms. I don't even care if I got married - I'm still using condoms. Fuck this trust shit. People will lie to you with a straight face and not think twice about it.

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2013

Why any gay man stays in a small town in the deep south is beyond me. Move to Atlanta or somewhere sane.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2013

Looks like he knew the guy was poz but believed if his man took the drugs he would not infect him.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2013

He and the ex were living in Birmingham for a while; then he moved back home to Milledgeville, Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2013

I think he thought that the viral load was non detectable.

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2013

R15, I wouldn't live with someone I didn't trust. Why would you? And if you're incapable of trust in a partner, it's all really a moot point. You never will have the intimacy and context for security that is natural to a close relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2013

That's horrible. From engagement to pressing charges.

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2013

He's a pathological liar. Can anyone prove the former fiancee is in jail? I think it would've hit the news, in hicksville Georgia of all places, if someone on a top-rated TV show was involved in a messy case like this.

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2013

R15, you really have no business getting married if that's your attitude. Just continue to date some guy.

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2013

Honey, she's been touched by everyone in town.

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2013

Very sad

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2013

R10, Congrats, you just earned the very first F&F I have ever given a post after nearly a decade here on DL.

I hope others do the same.

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2013

Wait r22 brings up a good point.

link, op?

by Anonymousreply 2701/13/2013

Very sad. I'm glad he is going public. He is very brave, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2801/13/2013

For R27

by Anonymousreply 2901/13/2013

R28 not only is he going public, but going public in that very small redneck town he lives in.

Pretty brave to do.

by Anonymousreply 3001/13/2013

Of course, this will be held up by some as proof that homosexuality is evil. They never use a woman getting raped by a guy as an example of the sick, evil of heterosexuality.

I expect the family will be nothing but accepting. For all their faults, they seem very open minded and accepting.

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2013

He doesn't say it is his fiancee who infected him. He says it was his former boyfriend.

It could have been a previous relationship, and the court case could have happened a few years ago.

Maybe he just decided to go public now.

by Anonymousreply 3301/13/2013

It's HIV he has, not AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 3401/13/2013

R34 are you of the mind that HIV does not cause AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 3501/13/2013

No, but HIV isn't AIDS. Many I know have HIV and have been positive for years.

by Anonymousreply 3601/13/2013

Actually, I think if you look in Honey's belly button you'll see she's also been touched by Anchovies, Icing, Dreamwhip and Syrup.

by Anonymousreply 3701/13/2013

Yep tha kid is fat. Terrible way to treat a child.

by Anonymousreply 3801/13/2013

He was getting tested every two months? Could easily be a false positive.

by Anonymousreply 3901/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 4001/14/2013

Uncle Poodle's got the mange!

by Anonymousreply 4101/14/2013

Thanks, R26. I did the same thing. We need to get rid of the filth on this site.

by Anonymousreply 4201/14/2013

Uncle Poodle is a piece of shit.

Then again, that whole family is completely lost when it comes to personal responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 4301/14/2013

Coming out as HIV positive is owning your shit. And he must have gotten it from someone else.

by Anonymousreply 4401/14/2013

This makes my stomach turn, but also frightens the hell out of me.

One of my first fucks a few months ago had the dude plowing me take off his condom, with my approval, mid-fuck, and banged me for a couple of thrusts. Before I gave a nod yes, he said he was negative. He did put on the condom again afterward but I am afraid as hell to go get tested.

I'm in my early 20s and I learned my lesson the hard way after I left his house that night. Never again. It was an "in the moment it sounds like a good idea" kind of thing, but it was a ridiculously stupid idea that I may have to live with the rest of my life. Not worth it.

I'm scared, and this story doesnt make things better.

by Anonymousreply 4501/14/2013

R45 have you been tested yet?

by Anonymousreply 4601/14/2013

R45, if it's been at least three months, you should go get tested. Not a 100% assurance, but it does close a window period.

by Anonymousreply 4701/14/2013

R45 seems to have disappeared. Hope he comes back.

by Anonymousreply 4801/15/2013

Is he a top or bottom? he sounds like a bit of a lisping bottom.

by Anonymousreply 4901/15/2013

No, I haven't been tested yet. There are plenty of places locally that I can be tested at for free but I am just dreading calling to make an appointment, if one is even needed. The whole thing makes me anxious.

It's likely nervousness kicking in as it's probably nothing.

Make me feel better, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 5001/15/2013

Aw, poor uncle Poodle!! Its always fun when he does his little cameos on the Honey Boo Boo show.

You lot are awful.

by Anonymousreply 5101/15/2013

Most remarkable that the boyfriend went to jail for spreading the disease. People need to go to jail for spreading this disease.

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2013

I find it interesting that he was tested in March and May of 2012 and his case has already gone to trial and the guy has already been sentenced to 5 years in prison?? Something seems really off with this story. Also interesting that he got married to his fiancee in August of 2012.

So he had a boyfriend, got HIV, found another fiancee and got married all in the space of several months? I think there's something missing from this story because Uncle Poodle seems like a mighty fast mover into relationships.

by Anonymousreply 5301/15/2013

R50 - I can't make you any promises, or give you any definites.

But here's the thing - if he didn't cum inside of you, your risk is not as significant.

If the minutes he was inside of you weren't rough fucking, and he didn't tear you up, that reduces the risk.

And in order for that to have infected you, he would have to be poz, have a detectable viral load, and shot his load inside. It's obviously not impossible, but it also doesn't mean it definitely happened.

Three months is 98-some percent accurate. Go get tested. Please.

by Anonymousreply 5401/15/2013

My honey boo boo was touched by AIDS, but I was lucky.

by Anonymousreply 5502/02/2013

Poor Uncle Poodle. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 5602/02/2013

There are lots of unanswered questions about this story. It's a possibility that Uncle Poodle made this all up. Per this article:

"Because Thompson does not name the ex-boyfriend, and entertainment blogs about the show and Thompson are mum on the identity of the ex-boyfriend, I spent the last week calling district attorneys and law enforcement in Georgia and Alabama trying to find out where this prosecution happened. Not a single district attorney or law enforcement official I spoke with could find a case to match the facts presented by Thompson, nor could they find a case in which Thompson was the named defendant.

Does that mean Thompson lied? Not necessarily, but it does raise serious questions. First, Thompson lives in Alabama, where, according to Lambda Legal, transmission of HIV is a Class C Misdemeanor punishable by no more than 90 days in jail and/or a $500 fine. Lambda reports Georgia's law is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison. It is unclear where Thompson lived in May of 2012, so I inquired with law enforcement and district attorneys in both states and in every county I could identify as linked to the show and Thompson's family. It is conceivable that Thompson's case was adjudicated in another county in Georgia, but very, very unlikely that case was conducted in Alabama.

But, here were the red flag issues raised by the original Fenuxe interview:

1. Thompson says he tested negative at the end of March 2012, then tested again in May of 2012. The May result was positive. Thompson does not provide a date of the positive result, nor of the confirmatory result. He does not identify which test he was tested with. The CDC requires positive test results for rapid testing -- the so-called 20 minute test -- be confirmed by a blood drawn test series of three tests: ELISA, ELISA, Western Blott.

2. Thompson claims he was "advised" he should press charges, but does not say who advised that.

3. Thompson provides no information related to how long of a time there was between his confirmatory test result and the time he met with health officials for partner notification and epidemiology interviews. In many busy jurisdictions, this time can be as many as 6 or 8 weeks.

4. Thompson indicates that by Jan. 10, 2013 (when the interview was published on Fenuxe) that his ex-partner had been investigated, charged, adjudicated and sentenced. Presuming for a moment that he tested positive on May 1, 2012, that means the entire criminal justice process was completed in 7 months. That just doesn't fit with the most recent statistics related to time from arrest to sentencing from the U.S. Department of Justice (from 2006):

14. Mr. Thompson says that he tested positive in May 2012. In July 2012 he announced he was engaged to Joshua Yarboroughe. When did Mr. Yarboroughe and Mr. Thompson meet? When did Mr. Thompson disclose his HIV positive status to Mr. Yarboroughe?

15. On what date did Mr. Thompson end his relationship with the ex-boyfriend he prosecuted for allegedly infecting him with HIV?

16. On what date did Mr. Thompson begin his relationship with the ex-boyfriend he prosecuted for allegedly infecting him with HIV?

by Anonymousreply 5702/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!