Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GAGA TOUR TANKS; N.America tour kicks off, tens of thousands of tickets available, lowest at $13. NOT ONE SINGLE VENUE SOLD OUT

Lady GaGa managed to fill her Vancouver, CA venue to kickoff her North American tour segment. Tickets in Vancouver were available in countless 2-4-1 specials, hundreds given away in radio contests until finally the remaining available tickets in Vancouver were dropped to $13, less than the cost of a movie ticket.

According to Ticketmaster, every single North American GaGa venue has more than plenty of unsold tickets, including 5,000+ tickets at Barclays in NYC and 2,500+ at Los Angeles' Staples Center even though the LA tickets are only $13.

Flop. Flop. Flop.

by Anonymousreply 20303/23/2013

The Born This Way Ball starring Lady Gaga Tickets

Sun, 01/20/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

Los Angeles, CA

Priced from: $13.00 USD 2,250 tickets left

Mon, 01/21/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

Los Angeles, CA

Priced from: $23.00 USD 1,742 tickets left

Wed, 01/23/2013 7:30 p.m. MST

US Airways Center

Phoenix, AZ

Priced from: $35.00 USD 870 tickets left

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2013

She needs to go away for awhile. She's become overexposed. She's toured every single year since she first came out. How can people miss you if you never go away? And why is she touring for an album that's 2 years old? Why not wait until a new album comes out?

Stupid marketing.

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2013

I can't wait till this bitch fades out of popularity. Now if the same would happen to Katy Perry and Rihanna, that would be really great!

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2013

It's been too long between the release of Born This Way and the start of the North American leg of her tour. What was she thinking? Or is she too high to think straight?

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2013

I'm surprised the public finally noticed how ugly and mediocre she is. Not that Madonna is any better, she's just coasting as a nostalgia act.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2013

Barbra Streisand only performed 88 times in her life.

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2013

Unlike Madonna, Gaga does not have the quality tunes to be this famous. It is all hype driven.

30 years after, Madonnas "Holiday" is still in top demand at bars around the world. Poker Face, Gagas only hit, has already been forgotten.

Hype only, is not a strategy for a long term career in music.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2013

R8 Why do you Vadge fans bring up Vadge in every female singer thread? Yeah, she had good songs in the past, but nobody's checking for that old ho anymore.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2013

Its one of the few ways that music artists can make money- she's probably trying to get out of the yoke of the label.

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2013

I WIN!!!

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2013

R8 if nobody's checking for her than why did she have the highest grossing tour of 2012.

Not Gaga

Facts are facts

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2013

"Why do you Vadge fans bring up Vadge in every female singer thread?"

The Madonna fanatics have been jealous over Gaga's success for a while now. Like the person they adore (who clearly doesn't adore them back)

"why did she have the highest grossing tour of 2012."

LOL. Being business partners with Live Nation has its perks. Duh.

Or are we choosing to ignore the news stories of Live Nation scrambling to unload the tickets for next to nothing.

Sheep, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2013

"The Madonna fanatics have been jealous over Gaga's success for a while now. Like the person they adore"

The only reason Madonna and her fans are pissed at Gaga is because of how she has blatantly copied Madonna. You don't see Madonna or her fans attacking Katy Perry and Rihanna, who are more successful than Lady Haha. Heck, Rihanna's the one about to overtake Madonna in #1 singles. But we don't attack her. She has given Madonna credit AND she doesn't blatantly copy her. The end.

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2013

"30 years after, Madonnas "Holiday" is still in top demand at bars around the world. "

HOMOOSEXUAL bars that cater to an older demographic maybe. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2013

r15 admitted to being a Madonna "fanatic" lol kill yaself.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2013

R13 your precious Gaga is also partnered with Live Nation.

When Gaga's North American tour wraps up, I can't wait to compare her numbers vs. Madonna's huge numbers.

Gags will do more shows and sell less tickets than Madonna.

But she's supposedly so big?

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2013

Vadge fans like being abused by the woman they pay hundreds of dollars to see. Just look at how she treats them like shit:

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2013

"admitted to being a Madonna "fanatic" lol kill yaself."

More bullying by Gaga's Little Ghouls.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2013

r18 Why compare an artist who's been around for 4 years to a "living legend"?

Those who say Rihanna and Katy are more successful need to check album sales because what you'll find will be surprising. Not to mention, their tours are MUCH less successful than Gaga's.

Rihanna and Katy are a more appropriate comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2013

I like Gaga, but her last album was just so-so. I also agree with other posters that she has toured too much. She's been to my city 3 years in a row. The last time she was here, even the gays weren't that excited. Most people said they had just seen her. She should take some time off, work on putting together some exciting material, let the excitement build, then come back in a couple years or so.

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2013

Hey Madonna fans. How do you feel about her getting all that great press for sticking up for homos in Russia but then idol-worships and dedicates a song to the world's most powerful and celebrated homophobe, The Pope?

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2013

And she's gonna have therapy sessions before every concert for whoever needs it!!! She lost it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2701/13/2013

Lowest selling album of Vadgedonna's entire career.

by Anonymousreply 2801/13/2013

Actually, I'm not a Gaga fanatic. But I do respect her activisim for the gay community and how she treats her fans. And I do like a lot of Madonna's work. But the whole thing with Madonna and her fans throwing rocks at Gaga is tired and played out. First off, it's laughable to read statements like this:

"The only reason Madonna and her fans are pissed at Gaga is because of how she has blatantly copied Madonna."

If this is true in the slightest, then she could have easily sued Gaga. In the same way that Madonna has been brought into court several times over the same thing.

And maybe I would buy the Madonna fanatics gripes if they weren't the ultimate height of hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 2901/13/2013

Gaga in a burqa a couple of days ago in Vancouver:

by Anonymousreply 3001/13/2013

Face it, gals. I'm the most popular female singer these days.

by Anonymousreply 3101/13/2013

R23 Madonna dedicated a song to the pope being tounge in cheek and joking.

If monsters don't know what tongue in cheek means they can look it up.

Is Gaga still collaborating with that homophobe Azelia Banks, who called Perez Hilton a faggot and told him to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2013

It´s time you bitches start bowing down to me

by Anonymousreply 3301/13/2013

Both Madonna and Lady Gaga work for the same record company, Interscope.

The rivalry is nothing more than Corporate driven marketing hype. Smarted up people, you are homosexuals after all and should be wise to this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3401/13/2013

Carly Rae, it's looking like you're going to be a one-hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 3501/13/2013

In your dreams, Carly Rae.

by Anonymousreply 3601/13/2013

She also copies me.

by Anonymousreply 3701/13/2013

I really don’t think of her at all. I go about my business. I’d just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually. Well, you know, I’ve seen some things she’s worn that I’ve worn, and that does kind of piss me off. I wouldn’t go to see her.

by Anonymousreply 3801/13/2013

Her collapse is complete!!!

by Anonymousreply 3901/13/2013

The gimmicks and her "performance art" is really tired. No one is shocked or really interested anymore except her fan's. All the over the top outfits is just a distraction from the fact that her music is very mediocre. It's too bad because I actually think she does have some talent.

by Anonymousreply 4001/13/2013

R30 She's covering her FAT

by Anonymousreply 4101/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 4201/13/2013

No! No! Shitballs!

Wifey, don't follow me down the draaaaaaaain

by Anonymousreply 4301/13/2013

Maybe the massive failure of ARTPOP will be exactly what she needs to stop with the fluff and get serious.

by Anonymousreply 4401/13/2013

No one has mentioned yet she's the only artist who came into the scene in the last five years that has both her tours among the most highest grossing tours? Haters gonna hate. Even if you don't like her check your facts. Why even compare her to someone whose been in the music scene for entire decades? Do of expect her to beat U2 in touring? If so you're being delusional. It can be clearly seen she's accomplished huge achievements in solely 4-5 years including 5 Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 4501/13/2013

I eat Madonna's feces.

by Anonymousreply 4601/13/2013

[quote]Haters gonna hate.

I was wondering how a 12 year-old might react to this story. Now, I know. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4701/13/2013

Beyonce has 16 Grammys.

Led Zeppelin has 1 Grammy.

So I guess that means Beyonce has 16 times the musical talent of Led Zeppelin (and more than twice the musical talent of the Beatles)

Understand now R45?

by Anonymousreply 4801/13/2013

She hasn't evolved. It's just the same recycled gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 4901/13/2013

Reductive singer, reductive album, reductive tour

by Anonymousreply 5001/13/2013

Is being called "reductive" by someone reductive a compliment or just projection?

by Anonymousreply 5101/13/2013

You stupid little monsters were supposed to buy tickets!

by Anonymousreply 5201/13/2013

It's really easy to imagine Madonna trolling DL with some Gaga hate.

I think that Madonna strategically priced her 2012 tour tickets so that she would be one of if not the highest grossing acts by the year's end - no matter the turnout - and it worked.

by Anonymousreply 5301/13/2013

Lady Gaga has 5 Grammys.

Diana Ross has ZERO Grammys. Only a Lifetime Achievement award.

by Anonymousreply 5401/13/2013

R50 = Madonna

by Anonymousreply 5501/13/2013

"Haters Gonna Hate" is not what this is all about.

The Gay community does NOT want Gaga to fail. We want Republican stars like Taylor Swift to fail. But Gaga is heading towards disaster because she is starting to believe her own hype and as many know, that is the sign of the end.

Think of these comments as an intervention to save a favorite of the Gay community, not an attack.

by Anonymousreply 5601/13/2013

r54 Diana can't even get a table at high-end restaurants, Gaga can. Gaga wins at life. Diana is a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 5701/13/2013

Sorry, but going out this weekend to gay bars, dive bars and neighborhood karaoke, I've heard Madonna several times and different types of people all perk their ears up when they hear a song of hers. I haven't heard a Lady Gaga song out anywhere in a long time. My best friend is a DJ and he knows that Madonna always gets more people on the floor than Gaga. He's not even 30, btw, and his crowds are usually younger than him.

Holiday, Vogue and Like a Prayer will always be popular. Whether you like Madonna or not, you can't help but notice Madonna is everywhere all the time. Hate her all you want, but that's success. Really, really rare success and luck that Lady Gaga lacks.

by Anonymousreply 5801/13/2013

R48 way to focus on just one part of my post. Besides I didn't mention the Grammys as meaning she is super talented. I clearly stated it is an achievement for an artist who's been in the music scene for only 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 5901/13/2013

R45 , it's actually the Gaga fans who have been comparing her to everyone else, claiming that she's the new Madonna. Now that its not so, the take is to switch it around and say how could she be compared to someone who has been in the industry for entire decades? Madonna fans have never compared Gaga to Madonna, just pointed out the copying. You guys made the comparison. Typical passive aggressive bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6001/13/2013

OP, where are you getting these figures?

I just checked Ticketmaster for the Jan. 20 LA date. $49.50 tickets are gone and there is limited availability at $85 and $175.

Are you looking at a scalper site? I HOPE they're selling Gaga tickets for $13. That means those sleazeballs are taking a loss.

Look, I get that all of the elderly DLers love to proclaim the biggest stars going are over. But let's face some facts here. Her tour grossed $161 million last year, making her the fifth-biggest tour of 2012. That's over?

by Anonymousreply 6101/13/2013

We LOVE it when pro-gay celebrities fail!!!

by Anonymousreply 6201/13/2013

[quote]Is Gaga still collaborating with that homophobe Azelia Banks, who called Perez Hilton a faggot and told him to kill himself.

If she does, she may as well kiss what's left of her career goodbye considering the majority of her fans are gays who have been bullied themselves. It would be a complete contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 6301/13/2013

No worse than Madonna endorsing Eminem's anti gay lyrics R63. Of course, her fanatics defend that.

But I think Gaga is too smart for reduce herself to an "anything for fame" level.

by Anonymousreply 6401/13/2013

When did they compare her to Madonna except that they're both descended from Italians, both New Yorkers, and both massively successful in their debut years?

by Anonymousreply 6501/13/2013

R64 Not only that, but she was married to homophobe Guy Ritchie, and for the first 5 years she was married to him, she didn't even acknowledge her gay fans until her career was a wreck and she made that Confessions album to peddle to the gay community. It's only when she needs the gay community for her career that she pretends to be pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 6601/13/2013

The biggest attention whore that ever whored. Glad people are starting to figure her out. Either that or all her fans have committed suicide now.

by Anonymousreply 6701/13/2013

Madonnas membership in the anti-gay Cult Kabalaah is what really nukes her. After all it was 2 gay men, Jelly Bean Benetiz (Vogue) and Shep Pettibone (Holiday) who made Madonna.

After this, Madonna joins up with the enemy of the gay community????

by Anonymousreply 6801/13/2013

"she didn't even acknowledge her gay fans until her career was a wreck"

I see you're re-writing history.

And as much as a loathe Kaballah and it's ties to Madonna, the celeb version is far from anti-gay and definitely not an enemy of the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 6901/13/2013

Why in the world is she touring right now? She should be taking time off, polishing her new album and getting it out sooner rather than later. It's ludicrous that she would still be touring with Born This Way. That is very old news.

by Anonymousreply 7001/13/2013

I knew the whole Gaga thing jumped the ship when her father opened that trashy restaurant. It showed really poor judgment and many people have said that the food is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7101/13/2013

r62, all dance-pop artists are expected to be pro-gay, gays are their core audience, especially over the long haul when the mainstream will forget them. Gaga was smart to make a particular issue of being pro-gay, it increased sales. She made hundreds of millions in a few short years. But being a smart exploiter of the gay community hardly mean she deserves our undying loyalty. If she faded she'd be instantly replaced by someone else aggressively pursuing gay icon status, wishing to repeat Gaga's success. And hopefully the replacement would be more talented.

by Anonymousreply 7201/13/2013

Girls! Girls! BOTH Madonna and Gaga are talentless, cocksucking prostitutes!

by Anonymousreply 7301/13/2013

LOL, I love how the OP felt compelled to create a thread which counters my "LADY GAGA PLAYING TWO SOLD-OUT SHOWS IN VANCOUVER THREAD". Guess what, OP? Your little thread still doesn't take away from this...

by Anonymousreply 7401/13/2013

[quote]When did they compare her to Madonna except that they're both descended from Italians, both New Yorkers

Um, no. Gaga really IS a New Yorker. Madonna is a Michigan-ite who moved to NY. There's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 7501/13/2013

R73= thread closed!

by Anonymousreply 7601/13/2013

How long can it be until Gaga has male strippers open up her shows? Now THAT would be worth $13.

by Anonymousreply 7701/13/2013

How can anyone seriously care one way or the other if Gaga is "tanking" or not? Is your identity so wrapped up in GaGa or Madonna that an attack on them is an attack on you? They're fucking pop stars. Enjoy(or don't enjoy) them at that level. Making it personal is so fucking juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 7801/13/2013

Remove the juvenile fans, and they'd have nothing left. That's their fan-base, adult men with the mindset of tween girls.

by Anonymousreply 7901/13/2013

[quote] ...having a baby with a gay black man.

Leave me out of this cuntderdome, I have better things to do.

by Anonymousreply 8001/13/2013

All the pop stars need to take a huge loss, and stat. None of them are any good. Unfortunately, Gaga has the most quantifiable talent.

The other ones are good at literally NOTHING except suppressing their nerves in front of massive audiences. And even that is probably just due to extreme narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 8101/13/2013

Oh well, I listened to her albums back to back today (the occasional crap track edited out such as 'Bad Kids' and 'Eh Eh', and totally enjoyed it. One of my only concessions to pop music, so I don't much care for the deranged rantings of bitchy statisticians.

by Anonymousreply 8201/13/2013

[45], and to ANYone who uses RELATIVE comparisons between highest grossing tours, RELATIVE comparisons don't matter. Yes, GaGA took 5th place this year in tour revenue, but that 5th place revenue was only 15% what Madonna took in. ONLY 15%!!

Another way making my point is this. If you live in the 2nd biggest city in New York, you must think your city is pretty hot shit, don't you? Well, think again because the 2nd largest city in New York is that shithole called Buffalo. You can't use relative comparisions and hope that they help you prove any point at all.

by Anonymousreply 8301/13/2013

GaGa is the Buffallo to Madonna's New York City.

by Anonymousreply 8401/13/2013

She is always on tour. Hasn't she been on tour for the past 5 years. She definitely needs to let her fans miss her then come back as a judge on the voice or AI.

by Anonymousreply 8501/13/2013

Nobody ever compares Eminem to Snoop Dog. Why is it different when it comes to women?

by Anonymousreply 8601/13/2013

R78 and R79 called it.

by Anonymousreply 8701/13/2013

No, I think we have the right to personalize our opinions even if we don't like pop stars. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 8801/13/2013

Janet is the Utica to Gaga's Buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 8901/13/2013

[quote]Janet is the Utica to Gaga's Buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 9001/13/2013

She's so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 9101/13/2013

OP, you stupid cunt! LA tix were NEVER $13.00, asscunt.

Tix start @ $49.50

by Anonymousreply 9201/18/2013

I'm excited about art pop. If she is having touring issues, it might be because her tours and CDs have been out of sync and all over the place. She's still doing born this way even though she has another cd in the can. She should maybe release Artpop, wait a month or two, THEN tour north America.

But shes probably up to 2 or 3 hundred million in personal wealth so, maybe she knows what she is doing afterall.

I must say, unless you have the nerve to wear a lamp shade on your head, or wear your curtains to the mall, then get over yourself and applaud her for not being a cookie cutter and bringing some excitement everywhere she goes.

This world can be so boring sometime, so LONG LIVE GAGA.

by Anonymousreply 9301/18/2013

My sentiments exactly, R93.

by Anonymousreply 9401/18/2013

I think Gaga cleverly understands that she's got a very specific shelf-life and she's decided to focus her efforts on the most profitable activity available while people are still interested in performance. Musicians make more money touring than they do recording music and selling CDs.

When her flavor inevitably fades she still be young, white and very very rich.

by Anonymousreply 9501/18/2013

GaGa tickets are still $13 each in LA and NYC and if you don't believe it, check it out.

I read that she went 3 million into the hole by making expenses changes to her tour on the fly years ago. When her accountants told her she was 3 million in the hole, notwithstanding her 3 #1 hits, the only alternative for her was to continue to tour. Hence, this ENDLESS 4 year Lady Groupon tour to cities she's visted just in the previous year, singing the same old songs from the same album.

It was a marketing decision and a very poor one at that. Of course, the expensive changes to her tour fall solely on the inexperienced shoulders of Lady Groupon and her 2-4-1 ticket specials. She'll eek out a profit, hopefully, on this endless tour, but not nearly the anything close to huge gold nugget Madonna created for herself this year.

But all in all, I think we all wish Lady Groupon the best, this her last triad of her tour to venues filled with coupons, freebies and whatever.

by Anonymousreply 9601/18/2013

I did just check it out, R96. On Ticketmaster in Los Angeles the cheapest tix are $49.50 and none is available at that price. On either night. The only tix available are at $175 and $85.

by Anonymousreply 9701/18/2013

r89 is trying to summon Janbot..... Keep going...

by Anonymousreply 9801/19/2013

That is prettty fucking wild, R97, because here tickets are being sold on StubHub, not TicketMaster, you high-pitched little asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 9901/19/2013

It is pretty fucking wild, R99. And now I just checked StubHub and the cheapest tix there are $40, not $13.

Numbers are hard, I know.

by Anonymousreply 10001/19/2013

Ok, so Perez is the OP and probably several other "posters" on here.

He has had it out for gaga lately, she must have "abandoned" him and triggered his borderline coping technique of bullying the female abandoner.

Do us a favor and go back to Mexico, perez. Or get some therapy and make amends to at least the teen-aged of your victims.

by Anonymousreply 10101/19/2013

I so don't care about this, but I have to say that the OP is lying or cray. Available tickets for the shows he mentioned are minimum $175

by Anonymousreply 10201/19/2013

[quote]I so don't care about this

Enough to look up the price of tickets, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 10301/19/2013

To whomever it was who commented that Eminem and Snoop Dogg are never compared, it's just women who get that treatment - you're cracked.

Here on the DL, rap is not terribly popular as a thread topic. If it were and rap lovers posted they'd be comparing rappers.

That being established, it is true that divas get more attention and love/hate on the DL than other kinds of performers. This is not surprising on a gay message site. On a solely lesbian site it would probably be different but that's not what the DL is and it never will be.

by Anonymousreply 10401/19/2013

Never lose hope R104. Maybe someday the lesbians will all go away. It's a great dream.

by Anonymousreply 10501/19/2013

Current GAGA ticket prices:

Sun, 01/20/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

STAPLES Center Los Angeles, CA

Priced from: $16.00 USD 933 tickets left

Mon, 01/21/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

STAPLES Center Los Angeles, CA

Priced from: $13.00 USD 972 tickets left

Wed, 01/23/2013 7:30 p.m. MST

US Airways Center Phoenix, AZ

Priced from: $19.99 USD 418 tickets left

Fri, 01/25/2013 8:00 p.m. PST

MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, NV

Priced from: $18.00 USD 1,547 tickets left

by Anonymousreply 10601/19/2013

Boy at those prices she may as well be giving them away. Unknown entertainers charge more than that.

by Anonymousreply 10701/19/2013

It gets worse for Gaga. The Terry Richardson coffee table book about her, which was released in November 2011 with a list price of $50, is now available all over Canada at Dollarama stores. I shit you not.

by Anonymousreply 10801/19/2013

I think the lowest I paid for a concert ticket was around $30, and that was 30 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 10901/19/2013

Gaga said herself that after her first tour, she went $3 million dollars into debt - and that was when she was actually popular and selling out arenas. So if these tickets are being sold at pitiful prices like $13, I'm sure she'll probably lose money on this tour as well after paying all her employees, transportation costs, hotel costs, and renting out the venues.

by Anonymousreply 11001/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 11101/19/2013

R99, Stubhub is a secondary ticket agency. The Gaga tickets have ALREADY BEEN SOLD AT LEAST ONE TIME before arriving to places like STUBHUB.

Tickets going for low prices a few weeks before the concerts are extremely common. For example, Babs tickets in LA were going for $120 w/fees for last row. On stubhub a week before the show the lowest ticket for last row was going for $32.00. A few days before the concert last row was going for $11.00.

Plus there were plenty of tickets left for Babs in closer sections to the stage going for 75% off the original price.

by Anonymousreply 11201/19/2013

Anyone who bases their argument on stubhub has no argument and is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 11501/24/2013

Try Google, dear/r114.

by Anonymousreply 11601/24/2013

Actually she DID NOT SELL OUT all her shows, r113.

by Anonymousreply 11701/24/2013

She's homely, her songs aren't that good, and I hate her singing voice and all her affectations! Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 11801/24/2013

Good, I hope those pigs that buy up all the tickets and resell them take a huge loss. Fucking ass holes.

by Anonymousreply 11901/24/2013

It's always funny to see Lady Gaga queens arguing with Madonna queens.

They're basically the same person. One appeals to younger vapid queens and the other to older vapid queens.

In the real world, normal and masculine men don't like either. It's always the femme queens.

by Anonymousreply 12001/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 12101/24/2013

Stubhub is a scalping site. It's a resellers site.

Cheap tickets on Stubhub means scalpers bought speculatively and then realized they overestimated the demand.

People selling Gaga tickets for $13 on Stubhub are still losing money.

The South American tour did not sell well. This is not disputed by anyone. Gaga used Groupon there to move tickets.

I'm not aware of her doing the same thing in the States, but I'd love to see anyone with an actual legitmate LINK that says so.

by Anonymousreply 12201/24/2013

R120 not true. Madonna is the only female artist I listen to, and only pop artist. I'm a fan of her strength and dominance and the fact that she doesn't play the victim. In short her masculine qualities.

As for me, I'm very masculine, in fact I've had people tell me to stop joking with them when I tell them I'm gay.

I also play rugby and workout 5 days a week. I love being an Alpha male.

When people find out I'm a Madonna fan, most people say finally something about you that's stereotypically gay.

As for Gaga she's ugly, her music sucks, she and her REAL flaming fans are always playing the victim, and her 10 minutes are up

by Anonymousreply 12301/24/2013

I don't mind Gaga's music, but how much fucking longer until that overexposed no-talent Justin B disappears?!

by Anonymousreply 12401/24/2013

r120, it's simple: Madonna makes hundreds of millions on tour, and her tours are the most widely viewed, i.e., most attended.

Gaga's aren't. And I like her.

But there is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 12501/24/2013

[quote]Madonna is the only female artist I listen to, and only pop artist

How unfortunate for you

[quote]As for Gaga she's ugly, her music sucks, she and her REAL flaming fans are always playing the victim, and her 10 minutes are up

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (some would say gap-toothed/veiny/uber-Botoxed Madonna ain't no beauty queen, either). As for Gaga's music, well, everything she's put out since she came onto the scene is ten times better than anything on Madonna's last two albums (Heavy Metal Lover, LoveGame, PokerFace, Bad Romance and So Happy I Could Die just for starters). If being one of the two artists with the most Twitter followers, playing a massive tour in as many as two years, having your last album go platinum in a week, singing for the president and having millions of people waiting in anticipation for your next album means your "10 minutes are up," then give me THAT career.

by Anonymousreply 12601/24/2013

r125 Madonna has a lot of old ass rich white fans. That's why her tours sell out.

Gaga has younger fans and their parents have already spent money on her many other tours.

Were Madonna's tours 25 years ago raking in money like her tours now?

by Anonymousreply 12701/24/2013

"Madonna makes hundreds of millions on tour, and her tours are the most widely viewed, i.e., most attended"

Still clinging to that one like a fucking life raft, are we?

It's going to be really amusing to see the full blown desperation ten years from now. It's already starting to set in.

by Anonymousreply 12801/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 12901/24/2013

[quote][R125] Madonna has a lot of old ass rich white fans. That's why her tours sell out.

Exactly. Go to a Vadge concert and the majority of her audience is over 40 years old. She's not gaining any new fans, it's just the same old ones she's always had. Nobody under 30 cares about her.

by Anonymousreply 13001/24/2013

R123, if what you say is true than that makes you the exception not the rule. Every Madonna/Gaga fan I know is your typical femme stereotype. Of course, there are always a few exceptions.

R125, to me Gaga= young version of Madonna, and Madonna= older version of Gaga. They're both vapid and wouldn't exist if it wasn't for being for trying to pass themselves off as something they're not.

BTW, I went to school with Gaga and even met her. She wanted to hang out with me, but her reputation was that of being a cokehead who was the Queen of fag hags, so I steered clear of her.

FAKE would be the word I'd use to describe both of them, but for whatever reason gay queens are obsessed with their divas. Whether it's Streisand, Cher or Rihanna. I just don't understand gays who can't see though them and place them on a pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 13101/24/2013

But Madonna has more of these fans than Gaga.

Her last tour made over $305 million and sold over 2.2 million tickets with just 88 shows.

Gaga's Twitter followers don't mean jackshit as about 75% of her followers are fake anyway

Plus Twitter is FREE, where all those fans willing to shell out MONEY to see her in concert?

That's what I thought, by the way Madonna doesn't have a Twitter, but her most watched TV show in US history SuperBowl performance was the most Tweeted about of 2012.

by Anonymousreply 13201/24/2013

[quote] For whatever reason gay queens are obsessed with their divas.

Cheapness over real beauty seems to win every time.

by Anonymousreply 13301/24/2013

Some of you people are fucking insane.

I love that you're complaining about pop music stars being fake. Hello? That's part of the fucking job description.

by Anonymousreply 13401/24/2013

"but her most watched TV show in US history SuperBowl performance was the most Tweeted about of 2012."

Not for much longer!

by Anonymousreply 13501/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 13601/24/2013

good she can fuck off with madonna

they'll probably rub their hooves together and come up with some mega controversial comeback in 9 months...

by Anonymousreply 13701/24/2013

R127 Madonna's 1987 Who's That Girl Tour was the first STADIUM tour by a solo female artist, she also sold more that 2 million tickets with just 60 dates.

R128 in 10 years from now, when her Live Nation contract is up, she'll probably be doing a Vegas residency and setting another record for making the most money.

Gaga will be dead from a cocaine overdose, be in rehab or be playing gay pride parades and Hard Rock Cafes.

And for the record, Madonna HAS NOTHING TO PROVE ANYMORE. She continues to performer because she wants to and for her fans.

Her legacy is sealed, everything else from here on out is icing on the cake.

Gaga on the other hand? The less said the better.

by Anonymousreply 13801/24/2013

[quote]Gaga's Twitter followers don't mean jackshit as about 75% of her followers are fake anyway

That's bullshit, and you are reaching.

[quote]Plus Twitter is FREE, where all those fans willing to shell out MONEY to see her in concert?

Last I heard, her show was doing just fine. She was just in Canada and played two sold out nights. So...

[quote]Madonna doesn't have a Twitter, but her most watched TV show in US history SuperBowl performance was the most Tweeted about of 2012.

See R135. Hint, it's about Beyonce.

P.S., Madonna was seriously lacking in her SB show. Her inability to dance and lack of stage presence shown in royal detail, and if not for the millions of dollars in effects, it would have been a total bust. -Janet Jackson

by Anonymousreply 13901/24/2013

[quote] I love that you're complaining about pop music stars being fake. Hello? That's part of the fucking job description.

Actually, no. But if you like cheap, badly made things, enjoy.

While you're at it, let's furnish your home with things we find at Dollar General!

by Anonymousreply 14001/24/2013

[quote]Gaga will be dead from a cocaine overdose

That's just ugly to set that kind of karma on anyone. You must be a very unhappy person.

by Anonymousreply 14101/24/2013

R141 I don't wish death on anyone, but the FACTS are that Gaga herself has joked about her cocaine use and even admitted to it, not to mention the fact that she has been photographed with white powder on her nose.

I know little monsters can't comprehend what the word FACTS means.

by Anonymousreply 14201/24/2013

Saw Madonna a few months ago at the Staples Center and she was awesome.

Saw Gaga last Sunday at Staples and she was just as awesome.

by Anonymousreply 14301/24/2013

R142, Gaga has talked about her past drug use, yes, but to say "Gaga will be dead from a cocaine overdose" is beyond cold and uncalled for. Take your Madonna panties out of your ass and your head out of Madonna's puss.

by Anonymousreply 14401/24/2013

When all is said and done, the fact that people would compare a legend who's been in the game for 30 years, with an artist who's been around for 5 really is ludicrous. And they only do this with women.

Nobody is comparing Paul McCartney to Justin Bieber. PM releasrd an album and toured last year too, although less successful than Madonna in 2012, he's fucking Paul McCartney and should be respected nonetheless.

Bieber is already fading as his audience has moved on to One Direction and Gaga is already starting her fade. .

by Anonymousreply 14501/24/2013

[quote]Gaga is already starting her fade. .

Really? Re-read R126.

by Anonymousreply 14601/24/2013

r145 is unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 14701/24/2013

R144 let's review here little monster, GaGa has bragged about her drug use in the past and DRUGS KILL PEOPLE, which makes me cold by pointing out that there is a possibility that in 10 years she will be dead of an overdose? WTF?

As much as I don't like Gaga I wouldn't wish death on anyone, however I'm just pointing out the FACTS of the situation.

Once again the little monsters are playing "victim" and throwing all logic aside.

by Anonymousreply 14801/24/2013

[quote]As for me, I'm very masculine, in fact I've had people tell me to stop joking with them when I tell them I'm gay.

Sweetheart, if you're anything other than a simpering, nelly queen then I'm fucking Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 14901/24/2013

r145 The Born This Way album sold 7 million copies. Before saying Gaga's fading, see how her next album does.

She's in between albums and hasn't released a single in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 15001/24/2013

R148, first of all, buddy, I'm no "little monster". I like Gaga's music, but I am not one of her faitful followers. However, for you to sit here and say you "hate" a woman that A-you've never met and B-is doing nothing but living out her dreams and becoming the icon for a new generation of music listeners is beyond petty. I guess that's to be expected for a person who's a fan of Madonna, a woman who refuses to grow old graciously, acts like an uber-bitch in interviews, and is clearly envious of the younger, hipper and more upwardly-mobile Gaga. As I said before, Gaga's songs are ten times better than that steaming shit Madonna has been trying to pass off as music for the past 6 or so years. I am admittedly a fan of Madonna's music of yore, but her lack of decorum and her unsavory personality is for the birds.

by Anonymousreply 15101/24/2013

R149 that's funny, because the person that first got me into Madonna was my straight male cousin, who's still a fan and married with children.

How come gay men complain about stereotypes and are the first ones to stereotype each other?

by Anonymousreply 15201/24/2013

R150 BTW sold 5.6 million copies, it shipped 7 million, but actually sold 5.6 milliin.

That's a comedown from The Fame which sold 8 million and The Fame Monster rerelrase which sold 7 million

And her new album will follow the trend of declining sales, especially without the 99 cent Amazon discount BTW had.

By comparison Madonna's first 3 albums all sold more than the previous one.

by Anonymousreply 15301/24/2013

Oh, I get it. This Madonna loon who's hijacked Gaga's thread is the same one who's always starting uneccessary Madonna threads on DL and hijacking the threads of other divas (Janet, Cyndi, etc.). Go away, dude.

by Anonymousreply 15401/24/2013

r145/52/53 is still unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 15501/24/2013

The Fame re-release had great pop songs on it. Dance in the Dark, Monster, etc. There's a lot to be said for straightforward pop.

by Anonymousreply 15601/24/2013

Someone please start a "Madonna loon" thread. Do you think the Madonna loon is also the Meryl loon?

by Anonymousreply 15701/24/2013

Madonna sucks. Gaga sucks. Katy Perry sucks extra hard. Rihanna sucks like a ho in a hurry.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 15801/24/2013

R157 I'm not a Madonna loon I just don't get the hatred she gets on the DL.

For the record, I don't think shes perfect, her youth obsession and plastic surgery is a bit much and her last couple of albums, while good, were nowhere near her best.

She is an amazing performer and her legacy and back catalogue is one of the most impressive in music.

The fact that she's still going strong 30 years into her amazing career should be respected and the fact that she opened the door for Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 15901/24/2013

Gaga "Fame Monster"-era outtake "Nothing On But The Radio" chews Madonna's "Give Me All Your Lovin'" and spits it out like yesterday's Toni Basil "Mickey" reject wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 16001/24/2013

R159, Gaga is more akin to Grace Jones in personal style and performance than she is Madonna. Gaga has given props to Madonna, but she's also given props to Janet, Cyndi, Dale Bozzio, Bowie, Elton, Springsteen and Queen--all pop icons (save Bozzio) who have obviously shaped the performer that she's become. As for Madonna, the way she behaves, carries herself and berates a younger, more relevant performer detracts from any "respect" you think she should be given.

by Anonymousreply 16101/24/2013

R162/R163, get the hell out of Gaga's thread with your inane Madonna ramblings and start your own thread. I almost picture you as having an altar to Madonna in your house, complete with multiple photos, candles, burning incense and spooky drum music. The way you prattle off sketchy factoids about this woman is this side of freaky. She doesn't know you, and doesn't care enough about you to give you halfway decent music.

You ask why she's jealous of Gaga? Well, for starters, she's old as hell and looks every bit of her 50-something years (veins, sagginess and all). She's also irrelevant in today's pop music market, as evidenced by her abysmal last album's morbid downward spiral on Billboard the day after it was released. Sad but true. She's also jealous because she knows that Gaga can sing better than her (light years better), can play an instrument better than her (Madonna plucks away at the guitar--Gaga is a whiz at the piano). And, lastly, Lady Gaga's songs are catchier than anything Madonna has released in quite some time. Born This Way's "Heavy Metal Lover" alone trumps anything Madonna has put out in years. The reason Madonna welcomed Britney with open arms and yet takes every opportunity to diss Lady Gaga is proof positive that she sees the infinitely more-talented Gaga as a threat, whereas she saw Brit as someone she could stand on the shoulders of to gain new relevance. I'm actually glad Gaga casually declined Madonna's invite for a duet. It showed that old lady a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 16401/24/2013

I've been a fan of Madonna's since day one. I saw her first in concert in 1985 in SF. Just as I never related to Liza and the her fanboys of the 1970's. I now see the same going on with Gaga fansboys with Madonna. It's a generational thing. Gaga fans don't relate AT ALL with Madonna and it's OK. I understand it. I believe the torch should have been passed a long time ago. Gaga has been chosen by the new generation. She should take it and run with it. I did see the Gaga concert last week in San Jose. It was spectacular. Just as many Madonna concert were and are.

Sorry to be the realist but Madonna can't live forever and she shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 16601/24/2013

[quote] it's funny when you put actual FACTS out there little monsters can't handle the truth.

Who are these "little monsters" you speak of? As I told you, I am not one of them--just a fan of her music. But, I digress. As for Madonna, those are not facts, sweetie. They're numbers her people have made up that her loony fans (like you) gobble up and swallow as the gospel.

Madonna said on stage at her show that Gaga TURNED HER DOWN, and that she was used to rejection at this point in her career. Numerous stops in this latest tour of hers have been half-empty, and she was even booed in Paris amongst several other places. She's about as relevant as a hangnail, and less talented.

I think I'll FF you for continuously polluting this GAGA thread with you whacked out trolling. What is it that you have against other, more talented divas (Gaga, Janet, etc.)? We all know they have talent Madonna could only dream of, but still. It's not a good look on your part.

by Anonymousreply 16701/24/2013

Well you don't see Paul McCartney going out of his way to put down Justin Bieber do you? Madonna is jealous of Gaga R168 for all the reasons R151 pointed out.

And funny enough I'm probably as big of a Madonna fan as you but I'm not going to shove my head up her ass like you do. Get a life, they're pop stars not fucking world luminaries.

by Anonymousreply 17001/24/2013

[quote]Gaga has a better voice than Madonna, but she can't dance for shit

And Madonna can? Check out her embarrassing take on Janet circa Rhythm Nation in this hilarious military-themed rendition of "Holiday". This woman couldn't dance if her life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 17101/24/2013

You guys are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 17301/24/2013

LOL R173, only the Madonna loon.

R172, Madonna may have gone to AA, but she is no dancer. She may be good at some technical balletic techniques, but in that video @R171 where she's ripping off Janet, it is clear that she lacks rhythm and couldn't freestyle if someone had a gun pointed at her toes. If you want real dancing with rhythm (pardon the pun), here it is...

by Anonymousreply 17401/24/2013

R174 when the fuck did Madonna rip off Janet? Her dancing in Rhythm Nation is completely different than Madonna's one song military themed number on the Girlie Show.

If you consider having a military theme as a rip off than Janet ripped off brother Michael, who was doing the military thing in 83/84 way before Rhythm Nation.

by Anonymousreply 17601/24/2013

Is there a Madonna Loon thread up?

by Anonymousreply 17701/24/2013

R176, Madonna was clearly Rhythm Nation-inspired when she was having her "Holiday" in that clip from The Girlie Show. It couldn't be more obvious. Her lame attempt at militant precise choreography, the militant yelling, the stomping in place--it SCREAMED Janet. She was rightfully compared to Janet by one of her dancers in Truth or Dare, so my guess is that it ate away at her so much that she just decided to go ahead and mimick Rhtyhm Nation full-stop in The Girlie Show.

And it wasn't her first time. If you watch Janet's Pleasure Principle video and then look at Madonna's Hung Up, you will see that the first minute or so of both videos is nearly identical.

by Anonymousreply 17801/24/2013

R178 um the Hung Up video was inspird by Karen Lynn Gorney in Saturday Night Fever, Madonna said she watched the movie 20 times to get inspiration for the video.

And if you watch SNF you'll be amazed at how much of an influence that movie was on the Hung Up video.

And for the record it could be argued that the Love Will Neber Do Without You video was a rip off of Cherish with the black and white beach theme and even the same director.

Or that the Scream video was a rip off of the Bedtime Story video wih the futuristic space set up and even the same director.

by Anonymousreply 17901/24/2013

R179, Herb Ritts was a good friend of Janet's, had taken many pics of her at the time, and wanted to work on her video. Of course it looks similar because he directed both videos.

As for Mark Romanek and Scream, same deal. MJ and Janet's vision was for the two of them to be sequestered in a space ship alone as a play on the way the media made them out to be (weird alien-like freaks).

As for Hung Up, she may have taken a cue from SNF, but the way she comes into that dance hall, turns on the lights, starts up the boombox and stretches in front of mirrors is exactly what Janet does in Pleasure Principle. Hung Up wouldn't be the first video to mimic PP, though (see Cassie's "Me & U", Britney's "Stronger", etc.)

by Anonymousreply 18001/24/2013

One more thing R179, Janet's Love Will Never Do was not on a beach--it was in the desert, and there were no mermen.

by Anonymousreply 18101/24/2013

The truth is that: Lady Gaga is jealous of Madonna and Madonna is jealous of Lady Gaga, and their followers are bitchy queens who love a good argument.

Lady Gaga wishes she was Madonna! Madonna's fans are all nearing death, so they have lots of disposable income. If Madonna asks for $1000, her bitches say yes! If Gaga asks for that money, her bitches say yes! before realizing they are broke and can't even wipe their asses.

Madonna wishes she was Lady Gaga! She is an old bitch who doesn't like herself, so aging beyond terrifies her. She is self-destructing and hates the fact that Lady Gaga has basically become her replacement. Oh, and the guy saying Lady Gaga would overdose, well from those that know her, that's not that far off.

Madonna is an insecure shallow and vapid bitch, and Lady Gaga is headed in the same direction. Whoooooopy! They're both losers. They just appeal to different yet so similar, demographics.

by Anonymousreply 18201/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 18301/24/2013

[quote]And for the record it could be argued that the Love Will Neber Do Without You video was a rip off of Cherish with the black and white beach theme and even the same director.

How do you Vadge fans always end up bringing Janet into EVERYTHING? We don't want to start with how Vadge started copying Janet with the black suits, the headset mic, and the athletic choreography. Janet started all that during "Control" and sure enough a few years later Vadge was doing the same thing during her Whore Ambition tour. Hell, she even flat-out ripped of MJ's crotch grab! Even in Truth or Dare, one of Vadge's own dancers called her out for looking "very Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation".

Vadge has been copying so many people over the years that she has no right to bitch about anyone "copying" her.

by Anonymousreply 18401/25/2013

I liked the story about Madonna being arrested after running into a Florida couple's house and pooping in their living room. She's so edgy.

Too bad she copy-catted a drugged-out carney in the process, but I'm sure her imitation was much better choreographed than the original. And while the grunts were synthed the rest of it was pure Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 18501/25/2013

R184 The Janbot was the first to bring up Janet, I like Janet so I'm not gonna bash her and call her childish names like someone calling Madonna Vadge.

And Madonna was the first to use the headset mic in 1990, it is even referred to in the industry as the Madonna mic.

And Janet's sexual liberation at the time of the Janet album was all a watered down version of the sexual revolution that Madonna was leading.

Even MTV said the Velvet Rope album is basically an updated watered down version of what Madonna did 5 years ago with her Erotica album.

by Anonymousreply 18601/25/2013

Wow, R186, I really do hope you come back into this thread so I can SCHOOL YOU SO HARD.

[quote]Madonna was the first to use the headset mic in 1990, it is even referred to in the industry as the Madonna mic.

Are you fucking for real? On what planet is it known as the "Madonna mic"? Janet Jackson popularized the headset mic during the 1986 "Control" era, often wearing it in videos and during live performances. Madonna, Bobby Brown and other pop acts followed suit (Madonna in Truth or Dare and Bobby Bown in his My Prerogative video, respectively--both which came WAY after "Control"). I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for your utter ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 18701/25/2013

As for comparing "janet." and the masterpiece that is "The Velvet Rope" to "Erotica", well, many critics said that "janet." was everything "Erotica" wished it could be, and was warmer and sexier than the cold, less effective "Erotica". "The Velvet Rope" is arguably Janet's finest work, and isn't a watered-down version of anything, especially "Erotica" Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 18801/25/2013

" I'M A PEDO! "

by Anonymousreply 18901/25/2013

R182 Hit the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 19001/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 19101/26/2013

Silly queens all vying for the same throne.

by Anonymousreply 19201/27/2013

HOw come many fans of diva acts like Gaga, Janet, Madonna, Diana Ross, etc. are so obsessed with sales, charts, and attendance? Could it be that they are social outcasts and they find social validation when their favorite act is successful?

by Anonymousreply 19301/27/2013

R193 I've never understood the fans obsession with another artists' sales/success either. It's not like they're the ones getting the money or accolades, so who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 19401/27/2013

Gaga fans want to be 1st in 'Monster Pit'

By Erin Mulvaney | January 27, 2013 | Updated: January 27, 2013 10:12pm

A line of diehard Lady Gaga fans started forming early Thursday, a full week before her concert at the Toyota Center with about a dozen youngsters spending the weekend outside the Toyota Center.

For the pop star's concert this Thursday, Houston fans are taking advantage of a first-come, first-serve policy for Lady Gaga's latest tour. Several tents are packed along the sidewalk across the street from the Toyota Center, where ticket holders have created an unofficial system using permanent markers to write down their place in line on the back of their hands.

The first few hundred general admission ticket holders will be able to be in the front section called the "Monster Pit" at Lady Gaga's shows.

"We just want to get as close to the stage as possible," said Cody Anagonstou, 18, who was one of the first few to join the line last Thursday morning.

The fans have a honor system, respecting the order when people arrived with a numbering system and holding a place for others in line as they go to work or, for the high school students, take tests. The handful of fans seem to have bonded as they hugged each other and took a group picture. They have bought each other food, shared tents and taken turns ordering pizzas.

"I'm sure everyone has a personal reason for being here," said Shay Stein, 20, who was also one of the first to arrive. "She's a big part of my life. I have a close personal relationship with the music."

Another motivation for arriving a week early is the opportunity to meet the pop star in person and go back stage. The first person in line at Lady Gaga's shows becomes the "key holder", the fans explained. For the Houston concert, Erika Lopez, 18, was that lucky fan. She showed up to the area across the street from the venue early Thursday morning. The next three fans who arrived after her believe they might be able to go back stage also. At previous concerts, Gaga promoters have chosen the key holder and next three people in line as well.

"I was very paranoid," Lopez said. "I didn't want to turn a corner and see someone beat me here... It's just very overwhelming in an exciting way."

Shaye Ervin, 20, said everyone who showed up Thursday around 8 a.m., more than enough time before the concert, was expecting to be the first person.

Elena Juarez, 28, said she cried during the first Lady Gaga concert she attended in 2010. She said the fans are very diverse at the shows and she has met friends at different concerts. The waiting in line is worth it because of how Gaga affects each one, she said.

"To sum it up, she gives us inspiration to be ourselves and not be afraid," Juarez said. "She helps strip the insecurity from us."

Sarah Wiseman, who will likely get a front row seat as the 25th person in line, drove six hours from Copperas Cove to wait in line for a week. Wiseman, 18, who is home schooled, said she was bullied out of her high school.

"It sort of got me out of a funk," Wiseman said of Lady Gaga's music. "She made me feel like it was okay to be weird."

Her favorite Lady Gaga song is "Born This Way." The singer's other hits include "Bad Romance" and "Judas."

The fans expect the line and crowds to pick up Wednesday afternoon and have faith that their ordered system will be respected. The concert is at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Toyota Center.

by Anonymousreply 19501/28/2013

[quote]Elena Juarez, 28, said she cried during the first Lady Gaga concert she attended in 2010. She said the fans are very diverse at the shows and she has met friends at different concerts. The waiting in line is worth it because of how Gaga affects each one, she said.

A woman pushing 30 is still pretending she's a teenager and waiting in line for a week for a good seat at a concert??? That's just sad. Doesn't she have a job to go to?

by Anonymousreply 19601/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 19701/28/2013

Imagine waiting in a fucking line for a WEEK!!! I get pissed off waiting in any line for longer than 5 minutes. These people must think she is the second coming of Jesus or something. I just don't get it. I like her music although I did prefer the initial albums and not her latest attempt. The strange outfits were fun initially but not it just seems as though she has become a caricature of herself. The reason Madonna has lasted so long is that she kept re-inventing herself. Lady Gaga should take note if she wants to remain relevant for the next 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 19801/28/2013

Huge flop, and now the entire tour has been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 19902/13/2013

What don't you understand about a labral tear to the hip, R199? It requires surgery. You can't be this slow.

by Anonymousreply 20002/13/2013

R200 Sure, that's what they're saying, but isn't it ironic that this happens during her worst-selling tour?

Reminds me of when Janet cancelled the remainder of her poor selling 2008 tour because of "vertigo".

Amazing how these things work out.

by Anonymousreply 20102/13/2013

Her worst-selling tour? You say that as if you're happy or something. And you're also wrong. Many of the dates have been sold out, including two back to back shows she did in Canada last month. That you so dilligently follow female pop stars who have to cancel shows do to illness, and then report on it on DL, makes me feel a little sorry for you, R201.

by Anonymousreply 20202/13/2013

Didn't Live Nation force her to stop touring?

by Anonymousreply 20303/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!