Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lady Gaga Playing two sold-out shows in Vancouver

This is a pic from her show last night.

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2013

Oh those silly Canadians

by Anonymousreply 101/12/2013

I hope she enjoys the remaining ride. It sounds like ArtPop is in real trouble. She is scrambling for new producers to save the album. So this could be Gagas last stand.

by Anonymousreply 201/12/2013

Sorry, R2. Wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 301/12/2013

Why would Gaga scramble for new producers? Can't she just work with RedOne again? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but why wouldn't she work with people she already did before?

by Anonymousreply 401/12/2013

Gaga now has more producers on her new album than tracks. If that is not a trouble sign I don't know what is.

Too many chefs in the kitchen spoil dinner too.

by Anonymousreply 501/12/2013

The way her album was mixed was awful...so much muddy low-end. I was at the gym and one of her songs came on my Pandora and it was so poorly produced that it sounded demo quality. Great voice, though.

by Anonymousreply 601/12/2013

Red One, Dr. Luke, Akon -- find someone STAT, Gaga!

Get Bob Clearmountain or Ted Templeman out of retirement!

Anyone! Just don't self-produce!

by Anonymousreply 701/12/2013

Lady Gaga has never had really great songs, just really great promotion.

You would think she would being some of those creative homosexual types into the recording studio with her, to pump up her sound, like Madonna did with Shep Pettibone and Jelly Bean Benitez.

by Anonymousreply 901/12/2013

Thrilling news, OP!!!

by Anonymousreply 1001/12/2013

Of course they want to see her in Vancouver, there is nothing to do there.

by Anonymousreply 1101/12/2013

I totally disagree with R11.

by Anonymousreply 1201/12/2013

[quote]Lady Gaga has never had really great songs, just really great promotion.

I would agree about the first album, but not Born This Way. It's a really terrific record.

by Anonymousreply 1301/12/2013

Who is this person you're talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1401/12/2013

No great songs, R9?

Paparazzi

Just Dance

Heavy Metal Lover

Scheibe

Alejandro

Telephone

Bad Romance

Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)

Nothing On But The Radio

Reloaded

Government Hooker

So Happy I Could Die

Love Game

by Anonymousreply 1501/12/2013

Oh please, Swift couldn't shine Gaga's Louboutin.

by Anonymousreply 1601/12/2013

The only good song on your list R15 is "Just Dance" and that's just because the video for it has that hairy shirtless guy wearing the animal head sitting on the toilet in it.

Just FYI.

XXX! OOO!

by Anonymousreply 1701/12/2013

I'm with r15

by Anonymousreply 1801/12/2013

[R15] Is on track.

by Anonymousreply 1901/12/2013

Agree with R2. Truth is Gaga is over. She has been for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 2001/12/2013

R17 is a Hagdonnaphile with no taste.

by Anonymousreply 2101/12/2013

The Johnson's little boy put Christmas garland all over the weed dog.

by Anonymousreply 2201/12/2013

R20, she's not over yet. Her tour made 161 million last year, making it the fifth-biggest grossing tour, behind Coldplay, Roger Waters, Springsteen and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 2301/12/2013

For all of you MBA undergrads, look and learn. THIS is the result of what 2-4-1 ticket giveaways, reduced prices and endless radio contest giveaways can give you: An illusion of popularity. The truth is that all of the radio stations in Vancouver for 3 weeks before the show, were giving away endless GaGa tickets.

by Anonymousreply 2401/12/2013

I don't think Lady Gaga is over. She puts on a good show, but musically she gets a D minus and her new album ARTPOP, is not going to change that.

Her focus is on the showmanship, not the music. It always has been. Her Grammy wins were due to severe lack of any serious competition (like most Grammy wins today).

by Anonymousreply 2501/12/2013

R24, read my link at R23. Those tours are ranked by gross $$$, not attendance.

Yes, the tour flopped in South America. It did huge business everywhere else. And it JUST STARTED here.

by Anonymousreply 2601/12/2013

Lady GaGa sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 2701/12/2013

WTF is a "hagdonnaphile," R21?

by Anonymousreply 2801/12/2013

Free Tickets? I had to pay when she came to Orlando, and the bitch sold out in minutes.I loved every fucking minute of it, except for the opening act. horrid band who's name has escaped me. *shock* one hit wonder.

NO not Scissor Sisters, no no no; I love the Scissor Sisters who ended up playing Hard Rock a week earlier which was great because it was not even close to selling out; front row. One of my best concerts ever. Garbage/No Doubt a second, Gaga third, NIN, Manson... and the rest were just meh im off lets go see a show.

GaGa is far from being *over* I don't think she is going anywhere (other than UP) anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 2901/12/2013

Looks like a packed house! God, I haven't been to a concert in ages. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 3001/12/2013

The only Gaga song I ever liked was "LoveGame". Everything else was boring.

by Anonymousreply 3101/13/2013

Not a fan but if I could get free ticket to her concert, hell yeah ill go. But free tickets to Coldplay, hell no.

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2013

She copied once again - the British band Githead released an album in 2007 called "Art Pop". I guess Gag-Gag thought that by leaving out the space in between the two words that she could make it her own. *roll eyes*

by Anonymousreply 3301/13/2013

I just checked the prices for GaGa's gig in Los Angeles, are you ready for this? A ticket to the LA GaGa event is $13!!! Why not just open the doors up!?

by Anonymousreply 3401/13/2013

I forgot to mention, even at only $13/ticket in Los Angeles, there are 2,300 available tickets right now.

GaGa is washed up. She can't get a crowd unless she gives the tickets away, and we can see by LA, that that won't even fill a stadium for her in 2013

by Anonymousreply 3501/13/2013

[quote]She copied once again - the British band Githead released an album in 2007 called "Art Pop".

Oh please.

[quote]I just checked the prices for GaGa's gig in Los Angeles, are you ready for this? A ticket to the LA GaGa event is $13!!! Why not just open the doors up!?

Ticketmaster lists prices $49.50-$175.

by Anonymousreply 3601/13/2013

R36 Don't "Oh, please!" me. Check out the fucking facts if you don't believe me.

Stupid "little monsters".

by Anonymousreply 3701/13/2013

The Born This Way Ball starring Lady Gaga Tickets

Sun, 01/20/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

STAPLES Center

Los Angeles, CA

Sell

Priced from: $13.00 USD 2,250 tickets left

Mon, 01/21/2013 7:30 p.m. PST

STAPLES Center

Los Angeles, CA

Sell

Priced from: $23.00 USD 1,742 tickets left

Wed, 01/23/2013 7:30 p.m. MST

US Airways Center

Phoenix, AZ

Sell

Priced from: $35.00 USD 870 tickets left

by Anonymousreply 3801/13/2013

R38 Sad and embarassing. Why is she still touring for an album that's two years old? Why didn't she wait until her new album comes out before touring again?

Also, these back-to-back tours are stupid. People are probably burned out and over her.

by Anonymousreply 3901/13/2013

My niece and her friends went to the Vancouver concert. Of the group of 6, only 2 had paid tickets. The rest were give-aways!

by Anonymousreply 4001/13/2013

R40 Sad! She overbooked dates. In some cities, she's booked for 2 nights when 1 date would have been enough. Better yet, she should have just waited to tour until after she comes out with a new album. Who wants to hear the same old songs?

by Anonymousreply 4101/13/2013

The new Album is not going to save her, it is a disaster. She keeps bringing new producers on board, which tells you something has gone terribly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4201/13/2013

She supposedly is working with the superb r&b/rap crooner Kendrick Lamarr on a few of his tracks. He is in his ascendancy and it is telling that she seems t o be returning to the soul/dance music that peppered her first cd. Beyonce also makes a debut.

The last cd was criticized by some critics for not having any black musical influences, since she went more an early 80's German Kraftwerk/Nina Hagen sound. I guess she has reconciled herself with the fact that her earliest singles ("Just Dance", "Love Game", "Videophone", "Pokerface", "Chillin'") all charted on the Billboard black charts and had crossover appeal. She needs to return to the NYC street sound that she has always promoted and ditch the Euroclub stuff which dates VERY fast. She has to figure out whether she wants to be Madonna or Cascada.

by Anonymousreply 4301/13/2013

Remember when Justin Bieber barfed in concert a couple of months ago? And then Gaga one-upped him a few days later by puking FOUR TIMES during one concert? THAT's what her career has come to.

by Anonymousreply 4501/13/2013

[quote]She copied once again - the British band Githead released an album in 2007 called "Art Pop".

"Oh please" is right. Who the fuck are Githead? You don't know either? Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4601/13/2013

[quote]Beyonce also makes a debut.

Wow, she really is being reductive if she's working with her AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 4701/13/2013

Did anyone read that horrible letter that Lady Gaga wrote to Kelly Osburne? I thought Lady Gaga was college educated, but the letter was so poorly written that it made me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 4801/13/2013

I've been hearing about that, R48? Apparently Sharon Osbourne and all the other yentas on The Talk hate Gaga now. What exactly did she supposedly say in this alleged letter?

by Anonymousreply 4901/13/2013

R48 No worse than Kelly Whoresborne having to get her mommy Sharon and her boss Joan to defend her. Kelly's said her share of shit about people too, so they're all fucking stupid if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 5001/13/2013

Open Letter to Kelly Osbourne Dear Kelly, While I wish you had reached out to me personally, as the head of the Born This Way foundation with my mother Cynthia we would like to respond. Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers. I encourage them to ignore criticism, stand up to bullies, know their own value and see that we are all the same and no one person is worth more than another. I know I’m perceived as a wild child, but in reality I am woman that deeply cares for humanity. I have empathy for you Kelly, but I feel it culturally important to note that you have chosen a less compassionate path. Your work on E! with the Fashion Police is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another. “Appearance” is the most used reason for bullying in the world. Your show breeds negativity, and over the years has even become comedic in nature. It glorifies you and Joan Rivers pointing in the camera, laughing, and making jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals. What about your body revolution? It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too. To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding. Why not help others? Why not defend others who are bullied for their image and share your story? I am pointing this out not to take a crack at your character, as we’ve met before and you’re lovely. However, I urge you to take responsibility and accountability for the example that you are setting for young people. They look up to you because you are famous, and if you treat others that way on TV, many adolescents at home on twitter assume your actions are acceptable: well if she does it, why can’t I? I cannot control my fans, and I discourage them from any negativity and violence, because that is wrong and hurtful -- and I do feel baldy that your feelings were hurt. However, we can all do our part in the media to set a standard of respect, compassion, and love. I wish for you to be treated with the kindness and respect that everyone deserves. While some of my fans have learning to do, most of them share the same values as I, and it's what bonds us together. And that bond is strong. Sincerely Gaga and Cynthia www.bornthiswayfoundation.org PS. And to any media or celebrities that happen to find this letter in their path, I hope you, too, consider the power of your voices. Lets work together and make 2013 a year of unity.

by Anonymousreply 5101/13/2013

Open Letter to Kelly Osbourne

Dear Kelly,

While I wish you had reached out to me personally, as the head of the Born This Way foundation with my mother Cynthia we would like to respond. Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers. I encourage them to ignore criticism, stand up to bullies, know their own value and see that we are all the same and no one person is worth more than another. I know I’m perceived as a wild child, but in reality I am woman that deeply cares for humanity. I have empathy for you Kelly, but I feel it culturally important to note that you have chosen a less compassionate path. Your work on E! with the Fashion Police is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another.

“Appearance” is the most used reason for bullying in the world. Your show breeds negativity, and over the years has even become comedic in nature. It glorifies you and Joan Rivers pointing in the camera, laughing, and making jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals.

What about your body revolution? It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too. To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding. Why not help others? Why not defend others who are bullied for their image and share your story?

I am pointing this out not to take a crack at your character, as we’ve met before and you’re lovely. However, I urge you to take responsibility and accountability for the example that you are setting for young people. They look up to you because you are famous, and if you treat others that way on TV, many adolescents at home on twitter assume your actions are acceptable: well if she does it, why can’t I? I cannot control my fans, and I discourage them from any negativity and violence, because that is wrong and hurtful -- and I do feel baldy that your feelings were hurt. However, we can all do our part in the media to set a standard of respect, compassion, and love. I wish for you to be treated with the kindness and respect that everyone deserves.

While some of my fans have learning to do, most of them share the same values as I, and it's what bonds us together. And that bond is strong.

Sincerely Gaga and Cynthia www.bornthiswayfoundation.org

PS. And to any media or celebrities that happen to find this letter in their path, I hope you, too, consider the power of your voices. Lets work together and make 2013 a year of unity.

by Anonymousreply 5201/13/2013

This letter is in response to Lady Gaga's Open Letter to Kelly found at the following link:

https://littlemonsters.com/post/50ef273be5566f0c2e00045e

Ms. Gaga,

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly, and I am perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter. Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family, including death threats to Kelly. Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions. And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly. I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so interesting…we are all different. How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter, as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life. You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.” Welcome to the real world. Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened. When I see you wearing fur, and using it as a fashion statement, the fact that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you. By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter. Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans, as a large portion of them have not only been vile to Kelly, but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in, but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver.” It comes under the heading of bullshit.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity, and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities. A word from you would stop all the hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely, Sharon Osbourne 1/10/13 3:39 pm

there's more, but it didn't fit.

by Anonymousreply 5301/13/2013

Over? She has 33 million followers on Twitter. She is not all marketing and wacky outfits, she is a talented songwriter and I don't think she gets enough credit for her vocals, she hits some really great notes. Bad Romance was one of the best pop songs of the past 5 years. You and I was a great song. I thought Marry The Night was the best song on the last CD.

by Anonymousreply 5401/13/2013

[quote]Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans, as a large portion of them have not only been vile to Kelly, but also other celebrities such as Madonna

Oh please, Sharon. I love you, but you have got to know that Madonna has been nothing but a slag in the media when it comes to Lady Gaga. Gaga has mostly chosen to ignore Madonna's barbs, which is the high road, but if her fans feel the need to lash out at the middle-aged woman poking jabs at the younger pop star, then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 5501/13/2013

The point is the Little Monsters act like a mob, mindlessly attacking anyone who they think has dissed their queen. Boy George, who is friends with Gaga, made a joke about her and was swarmed by furious Monsters on twitter, and the most telling part was the frequent use of homophobic put-downs. So Sharon is telling it like it is, that Gaga sanctimoniously claims to be on a mission to spread kindness and promote gay equality, but the aptly-named Little Monsters ignore it. And she never chastises them for it. Sharon is also correct about Gaga's hypocrisy in claiming to be all about kindness and empathy when she wears fur. She's a total fraud, it took Madonna decades to be that repellent.

by Anonymousreply 5601/13/2013

You were making sense up until your fur argument, now you just come across as a crazy PETA freak type.

by Anonymousreply 5701/13/2013

Fuck you, asshole. What's crazy and freaky, is to shrug off the torture of animals that are no different than pets you have loved. Not that I think an asshole like you has ever loved a pet, but most people have.

by Anonymousreply 5801/13/2013

If it wasn't the fur, then it'd be something else. Some of you just can't accept the fact that some of these younger pop stars (namely Gaga) truly have talent and staying power.

by Anonymousreply 5901/13/2013

Oh shit, I honestly thought someone was making this up. I had no idea that these letters were real. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 6001/13/2013

I don't think people can control their crazed fans. Ask Rob Pattison.

by Anonymousreply 6101/13/2013

Rob Pattinson secretly loves the ruccus his fans make over him.

by Anonymousreply 6201/13/2013

"Over? She has 33 million followers on Twitter."

Or maybe not:

"Lady Gaga's Twitter Spam: Up To 72 Percent Of Megastar's Followers Could Be Fake"

by Anonymousreply 6301/13/2013

R56/R58, I wasn't going to do it but since reading your craziness I decided to wear puppy slippers made out of living puppies. It's so cute - they squeak when you walk in them. Sure, they're a little messy, but sooooo warm.

I'd love to send you a few pair. Really, I would.

Gotta run! (squeak squeak squeak) I've got to toss a couple of lobsters into the hot pots. My taxidermy club is coming over for our weekly craft session, after stopping by the dog pound first for materials.

by Anonymousreply 6401/13/2013

LOL@ 64!

Squeak squeak!

by Anonymousreply 6501/13/2013

She had so many 2-4-1 ticket specials and give aways on her Vancouver and Tacoma concert venues this the week, some of the press is calling her Lady Groupon.

by Anonymousreply 6601/16/2013

I love how the I Hate Lady Gaga Troll @R66 just said the same exact thing in the other Gaga thread. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 6701/16/2013

yumers!

by Anonymousreply 6801/16/2013

R67, tell us why you love it.

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.