Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beard Bandwagon

How many of you DLers are rocking beards and stubble these days?

I am guessing it's a fairly high number of late since many guys use the holidays to start beards.

I visited my dentist and he grew one over Christmas. Seems they're everywhere this winter.

by Atra Gillettereply 3511/25/2014

I've been rocking the beard/goatee/'tache look since my mid-20's. Without serious facial hair, I looked like a dyke, and when I would go out to bars, only lesbians would flirt with me. Now that I'm older and wider, it's for the usual bear reasons - they hide a multitude of chins, and clean shaven I think I would look like Honey Boo Boo's mom

by Atra Gillettereply 101/12/2013

beards are hot. more of this, please.

by Atra Gillettereply 201/12/2013

No, not since 2009. The only men wearing beards these days are hipsters from the suburbs.

by Atra Gillettereply 301/12/2013

I would imagine Noel Fisher knows quite a lot about beards.

by Atra Gillettereply 401/12/2013

There was a "No Shave November" competition among some of the guys at work. It sounded like it was a widespread thing. Maybe some guys kept the look.

It's amazing how good some beards look on some men and awful on others. General rules: If you have facial hair that grows all the way up to you cheekbone, it will not be a good look. It you have patchy hair growth, just stop. Even stubble can look bad.

This is a beard that works well.

by Atra Gillettereply 501/12/2013

Kinda wispy, R5.

Wispy is not good.

I like full, thick beards of a different color than the head hair on young men. Red head plus blond beard, blond hair with brown beard or red beard.

Very striking looking.

This also works well for guys whose beards completely whiten before their heads.

Vice versa too, white head and black beard.

by Atra Gillettereply 601/12/2013

Wispy? Hardly.

Here's someone who wears a beard well, though hardly ever lets it grow this much.

by Atra Gillettereply 701/12/2013

In Australia, a trend for elite sportsmen to grow a beard seemed to start a few years ago.

by Atra Gillettereply 801/12/2013

I started in 2002, and am HARDLY a "suburban hipster"!

by Atra Gillettereply 901/12/2013

I love seeng the hockey beards during playoff time.

by Atra Gillettereply 1001/12/2013

I second that, R10. Never used to be into beards but lately am finding it oddly hot.

by Atra Gillettereply 1101/13/2013

In NYC and San Francisco, there is a movement to require employers to pay for sick time off during this flu epidemic

by Atra Gillettereply 1201/13/2013

R12 -- what does your post have to do with beard growing?

by Atra Gillettereply 1301/13/2013

oyay test

by Atra Gillettereply 1403/04/2013

Beard is definitely.... HOOTTTT!!

by Atra Gillettereply 1503/04/2013

Beard growers – how long have you grown your beard?

Not meaning how long have you had a beard, but how long have you grown out your beard?

ZZ Top long? Or perhaps Pres. Rutherford B. Hayes long?

I started a beard before Christmas and I want to grow it out until it gets to be "flappy like pappy."

I figure by June I ought to be getting close.

by Atra Gillettereply 1603/04/2013

I've been rocking a beard for nearly 20 years now. Wish it had been hip when I was young, but c'est la vie.

by Atra Gillettereply 1703/04/2013

I have been wearing a trimmed beard for about 4 years. I have a weak Scottish chin and I found myself more attractive with the beard and so did others. I was never called handsome, but some now find me exactly that.

by Atra Gillettereply 1803/04/2013

I HATE hair on the throat. TRIM that shit up!

by Atra Gillettereply 1903/04/2013

If you hate shaving, then you shouldn't waste time trimming the edges of your beard. Just let it grow in naturally.

If you fuss around with the edges of your beard, then you may as well shave your face given the amount of time you've invested with the fussing.

In my case, I enjoy not giving Gilette any of my money. No telling how much I spent with those over-priced jerks over the last 30 years.

Fuck 'em!

by Atra Gillettereply 2003/04/2013

Beards For The Win!

by Atra Gillettereply 2103/04/2013

The Glory of Beards

by Atra Gillettereply 2203/04/2013

I grew a beard from ages 25 to about 36. In the past two years I've started trimming back to a stubble - now I'm older beards make me look ratty and criminal, and I look younger & better mostly bare-faced these days.

by Atra Gillettereply 2303/04/2013

I been on this band wagon for years!

by Atra Gillettereply 2403/04/2013

What's a bandwagon?

by Atra Gillettereply 2503/06/2013

I've had a beard in the past (and a goatee), but now I prefer the stubble look, so that's what I do. I'm usually pretty turned on my stubble on other guys as well.

by Atra Gillettereply 2603/06/2013

Wait r26 – are you saying you're turned on by your own stubble? Or by other guys' stubble?

You know it can be both. Do you lick your lips at your mirror suggestively?

by Atra Gillettereply 2703/06/2013

I always HATED shaving, so my 42nd birthday present to myself was to never do so again; the barber trims my beard when I feel I'm starting to get the Grizzly Adams look.

by Atra Gillettereply 2803/06/2013

Like the guy at the link below, I've got blotches of white in my beard. I hate it, but worry that if I dye the beard, it'll look obvious and stupid.

What's a guy to do?

by Atra Gillettereply 2903/06/2013

I haven't shaved since Christmas, longest I've ever gone. I hadn't used an electric razor since college, but I bought a nifty one with adjustable lengths. I keep the beard trimmed pretty tight, and the neck low stubble or totally shaved.

Not sure how long I'll keep it but for now it's fun.

by Atra Gillettereply 3003/07/2013

I only use my beard for award season.

by Atra Gillettereply 3103/07/2013

You may as well shave, r30, if you going to do all that commotion.

Or are you going for the "look" and not for the convenience?

by Atra Gillettereply 3203/07/2013

Sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed like an appropriate one.

I'd really appreciate the support of all DL beard lovers by voting for me for Australia's hottest ginger mo promo. That would make me the old mo with the winning mo!

by Atra Gillettereply 3311/25/2014

Speaking of beards, what's with the top closet cases all being in an interracial relationship at the same time? It's like there was a memo sent out.

by Atra Gillettereply 3411/25/2014

What do you call a group of bearded guys standing around?

Answer: "A buncha beard-os"

by Atra Gillettereply 3511/25/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!