Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paleo Eaters

Tell me your stories.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1901/29/2013

Why why why are you doing it?

If its to lose weight, stop it! Ear a balanced fucking diet and get off of your ass and exercise.

Yes, I tried it, it sucked and - surprise! I gained all the weight back. Once I started working out and wrong a balanced diet (portion control), I lost the weight.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 101/12/2013

*eating a balanced diet

Sorry, posting from my phone.

I stopped after about a month. The weight came right back on ­čś×

As I said, I lost it eating real food. I ate the whole grains, yogurt, brown rice and oatmeal which are all things I really missed eating when I was doing Paleo.

Any diet that gives you a whole list of foods you cannot eat is not good.

Try weight watchers.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 201/12/2013

r1 is right. Just eat a balanced diet low in fat and sugar and the weight will come off. It will take longer but it is sustainable, unlike a diet virtually devoid of carbs.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 301/12/2013

Agree with R2. A friend is doing this and she doesn't appear to be taking off any weight. And she's becoming insufferable about what she can and cannot eat and bringing her own food to parties.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 401/12/2013

Surest way to be unhealthy -- eat the Paleo diet.

Best way to be healthy -- eat as many vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, as possible.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 501/12/2013

All great advice so far I must say.To sustain a weight loss going to a whole grain,fruit and vegetable diet is almost the best way to keep your weight down. I had heard a doctor on the radio talk about how how a diet relatively high in good carbs(fruits,vegetables,whole grains)will be better for you in the long run versus a high protein,low carb diet.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 601/12/2013

When I was on Paleo I felt great. You do eat fruits and vegetables. A lot of them. Are you cutting those out? You shouldn't.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 701/12/2013

Oh, and you will go thru carb withdrawal. Thoughtfully called "The Carb Flu." When it's over you'll feel amazing. When you backslide and eat grain, your stomach will hurt, you'll get a sort of terrible "buzz" from the sugars a crash and cramps. Then you'll remember you used to feel this way all of the time and won't backslide again.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 801/12/2013

For those into paleo recipes, this is a great site:

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 901/12/2013

[quote]Oh, and you will go thru carb withdrawal. Thoughtfully called "The Carb Flu." When it's over you'll feel amazing.

R8 is correct.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1001/12/2013

Thank god. Another food thread. I was afraid we'd have little to talk about today.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1101/12/2013

R1, you really are a moron. Anytime you go on a diet and lose weight, if you return to your old habits you'll gain it back. Paleo diets are generally excellent. Shopping on the outside aisles of your supermarket is always a good idea.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1201/12/2013

R7/8 - I did go through some carb withdrawal that lasted about a couple days. It's amazing how much better I do feel - no bloat or sluggishness, and so much lighter. I do still eat fruits, and lots of vegetables (and some dairy). I've really just cut out all grains & legumes as well as refined sugar. I have no cravings at all, and rarely feel hungry. When I do feel hungry, I just have a couple bites of something, and that's all I want. I just miss the pasta, but after a month, I'll start slowly reintroducing some brown rice pasta every now and then. I basically just wanted to get rid of all the refined crap I was eating. There is definitely something to the way grains make you feel, though.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1301/12/2013

Oh, and R1 - I do exercise everyday - 20-30 minutes of weights, and 20 minutes of cardio. Every other day I throw in some yoga - hardly sitting on my ass.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1401/12/2013

Be prepared for gallstones.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1501/12/2013

Great, R15. Probably lose another 10 lbs like that. Can't wait.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1601/12/2013

All these gimmicky diets are bullshit. they just slow down your metabolism. The most important thing is changing the way you think. Stop thinking about "DIET." Start thinking about changing the way you eat for the rest of your life, or at least the foreseeable future.

I no longer eat processed foods. Nothing with nitrites or nitrates. So cold cuts are out except for some Boarshead smoked turkey. Certain stores stock hot dogs or bacon that is nitrite/nitrate free. Even Costco and Target.

Never eat white bread. Ever. Whole grain, multi-grain high fiber bread and limit it.

Lots of veggies. No red meat. learn to love lentils and other beans. They are you friend. Only eat brown rice. Yogurt is your friend too. Some things are worth buying organiz like carrots, potatoes, and strawberries. Not bananas or oranges.

No soda. Not ever. No distilled alcohol. Just wine. Lots of green tea. Drink about 75-80 ounces of water every day. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise in every day and get enough sleep. Low sugar is best.

Be very careful with fruit juices. They are high in calories and they have a lot of sugar. Stay away from prepared/frozen foods with few exceptions.

Look I know it sounds complicated so here: Lots of water & green & herbal teas. Wine. (Coffees OK if you drink it plain.)Fresh veggies, beans, chicken & fish. High fiber grains. That's it. Oh. Eat often. People ought to eat four or five times a day. Never let yourself get hungry. Eat small, but often.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1701/12/2013

Too much water R17. Most people have water poisoning from following stupid advice like that. Drink when you're thirsty and only then.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1801/12/2013

Can you swallow cum on this diet?I've heard its protein content is quite nutritious.

by Two weeks and it sucks...reply 1901/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.