Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

2016 poll: Hillary Clinton, Chris Christie tied (Clinton 44, Christie 42)

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican, would pose a formidable challenge to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a 2016 presidential matchup, a new poll finds.

According to a survey from Public Policy Polling, Clinton leads Christie 44 percent to 42 percent in a hypothetical 2016 race — within the margin of error of the poll. She bests other possible GOP contenders by double digits, the survey noted: She was ahead of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush 51 percent to 37 percent, of Florida Sen. Marco Rubio 51 percent to 37 percent and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan 53 percent to 39 percent.

PPP said Rubio led the Republican primary field for the GOP presidential nomination with 21 percent support, followed by Ryan with 16 percent, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 15 percent, and Bush and Christie with 14 percent. Clinton had 57 percent of the backing for the Democratic nomination, according to a PPP summary of the survey. Vice President Joe Biden was a distant second choice, clocking in with 16 percent.

The poll of 1,100 American voters was conducted Jan. 3-6, and has an overall margin of error of plus-or-minus 3 percent. For the Democratic piece of the poll, that margin of error is plus or minus 4.9 percent, and on the Republican side, the figure is plus or minus 4.1 percent.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3701/19/2013

Dude, women live on average 8 years longer than men anyway. She'll only be 69 (much younger than freeper fave and senile Ronald Reagan), though that makes her the make equivalent of 61 anyway.

Tough as nails and with a heart. She'll be great. (Like Obama has been.)

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 201/11/2013

Christie will do something REALLY dumb between now and then...

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 301/11/2013

he's obese

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 401/11/2013

Little Piyush must be crying into his crawfish curry...

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 501/11/2013

Give it a fucking rest, OP. We just went through this shit. Can't you give it a while before you start shitting up the site with this crap?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 601/11/2013

I thought the R's HATE Christie now for ... you know ... living in the real world in debunking their meme that the prez is incompetent?

They NEED Condi, with her vast foreign policy experience, and winning charm, or They Are Doomed! Meanwhile, Hill just ain't all that into running again, so look at ND ex guv Schweitzer as a Carter, Clinton, etc. come-from-pretty-much-nowhere candidate. Seems a bit rednecky to me though.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 701/11/2013

Keep ypur panties on. Poll Troll is passing on an article. Christie has been in the news most of the week. Some of us find it interesting.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 801/11/2013

President Clinton Al Queda has just attacked the new WTC, what do we do?

"Oh lawdy, I gots me the vapors," "Now I've fallen and I can't get up."

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 901/11/2013

Chris Christie visually looks like the typical American voter, Hillary does not.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1001/11/2013

Poll Troll, I appreciate your work, but I have to agree with R6. Presidential polling at this point is completely and utterly meaningless. Don't bother.

Meanwhile, I don't know what R10 is talking about.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1101/11/2013

Republicans aren't going to nominate another Northeastern moderate like Christie, especially after Romney's stinging defeat. Isn't Christie pro-choice? Conservatives can't stand him right now, and they have memories like an elephant(pun intended).

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1201/11/2013

R1, off her meds as usual.

This assumes Christie would get the nomination, which he never will. The tea partiers and fundies will NEVER give him the primary wins he needs.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1301/11/2013

R13 tells the truth.

I hope we get Santorum.

All Hillary has to do this time is hire the same team that got Obama elected with a fantastic ground game.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1401/11/2013

Thats a battle I could live with.

Hil has practical and favorable experience. I'm all for her.

At least if Christie won, I wouldn't be slitting my wrists as I had planned if Romney won. Being originally from NJ, I get the Christie attitude and can live with it. I don't think most of America could though.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1501/11/2013

Chris Christie has my support hands down. I hope he has the courage to run. I know he has a lot on his plate with NJ right now.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1601/11/2013

I still think Hillary is done in politics for real. I seriously doubt she wants to go through another primary. Christie probably won't run in 2016 either. 2020 or 2024 is more likely.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1701/11/2013

R6 / R11, really. All you have to do is skip past a poll thread and read another one that interests you. Poll Troll does NOT put misleading thread titles on his posts, so no surprises. No one is suggesting any poll at this point means a damn thing in regards to the 2016 election. I am a political junkie and enjoy reading them. Carry on Poll Troll - post as you see fit.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1801/11/2013

Maybe a rest, diet, and fitness will help Hillary. I long to see her as president, but health is a major concern. Bill didn't help Obama for no reason, either it was money or currying favors.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1901/11/2013

R10, Hillary DOES look like a typical American voter. Have you been watching daytime soap operas too long?

Chris Christie will NEVER will the Republican nomination because he's a Northeastern liberal. And after some of the shit he's said about Boehner lately, he can definitely forget it.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2001/11/2013

Obama hasn't even been sworn in for his second term, and we're posting this shit, OP?

Drop dead, dumbass.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2101/11/2013

On what alien planet is Chris Christie a liberal? And please spare me the "that's what the tebaggers call him"--he's not liberal, and just because quasi-psychotics call him one does not make him one.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2201/11/2013

Oh come on! An obese fatty who can't control himself? Some people seem to forget that we live in a Protestant nation.You need a recount on your Catholic presidents. The rest of the country is not like your New York/New Jersey populations. The Catholic church is considered strange by the rest of the nation. It goes over big in places like South America. This man will never get a chance to run this nation. I agree with the guy here who mentioned the Northeast Liberal identity. Some people don't have a handle on the vibe of this nation.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2301/11/2013

I've been thinking that Christie is gonna be President for a few months now.

Hillary is not looking good. Don't know if she will recover. The Dems have no good candidates.

Leave Poll Troll alone!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2401/11/2013

I'm a lifelong Democrat but I'll vote for Christie.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2501/11/2013

Hillary will be too old by 2016, and so will VP Biden. The Democrats had better come up with someone else if they intend to hold the White House. Of course, I will be voting for the Libertarian, without much hope.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2601/11/2013

[quote]Obama hasn't even been sworn in for his second term, and we're posting this shit, OP?

Tells you how many on Datalounge likes Obama lol

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2701/11/2013

Is R23 posting from 1960? Or 1928? We actually elected a Catholic 50+ years ago, so those views are nearly a century out of date by now.

We just had a Mormon run for President who, despite being one of the worst major party nominees in history, still won almost half the vote AND locked up the Protestant Evangelical vote. I seriously doubt a Catholic candidate would fare worse simply because of his religion.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2801/11/2013

Why, R25? He's not at all pro-gay. Are you gay?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2901/11/2013

The race between Hillary and NJ Grizzlewad should be a 50 yard dash, both wearing football helmets, of course.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3001/11/2013

[quote] I know he has a lot on his plate with NJ right now.

Sweetie, he ALWAYS has a lot on his plate.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3101/11/2013

If Christie would have signed the Gay Marriage for NJ, he could have had it all. Instead, he blew it, playing party politics.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3201/11/2013

R21, your anger seems a little out of proportion. What's with the name-calling?

As others have pointed out above, if you aren't interesting in polling threads, don't read them.

I'm not planning on posting many polls this year, but we are already onto the next election - that's the way politics works. People are already interested in 2016 and that's why the pollsters are already polling.

I just reported a poll for those who are interested in following these things since many posters asked me after the 2012 election was over to keep them updated from time to time.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3301/11/2013

I think it could be Bush v. Cuomo.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3401/12/2013

I don't think Christie is tempermentally suited to being President. The role & function of a President is not the same as being governor.

Christie, who I do like as NJ governor, said something that really resonated even if it is often not true. He said he didn't have time for all the ideological baggage. He said that "Republican governors keep getting elected because they do their job. That's what the party needs to look at."

The true part is that He said people want politicians to do their job, and if they do it right they'll win. Simplistic? yes. But it really hits home with people who are disgusted, frustrated, etc with politicians.

Presidents have to deal with broader policies which are often tied to ideologies as odious as that seems. They have to deal with issues on a world stage which is vastly different from a governor.Christie is very good at retail politics. But fixing potholes is not what a President does. I wish Christie could be Governor of the United States. He might make someone a good VP, but he wouldn't do that.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3501/12/2013

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3601/19/2013

If Christie did decided to run he'd be a fool to challenge Hillary. Can he even afford the scrutiny? And honestly, if the powers that be, and the media decides it will be Hillary, they will turn the full force of their nastiness on hm.

With the media, this is all about generating revenue and who will make things more interesting. So for them, hyping Christie to make him a "worthy opponent" for Hillary is de rigur. He's already a very popular very colorful chracter.

He'll never carry New Jersey, and his true record, his behavior, and his promouncements will come back to bite him in the ass. Hillary is smarter now about campaigns, and her supporters are smarter, and she'll also have the full support of Barack & Michelle.

There are also a lot of Republicans who will not support Christie who will happily give $$$ to Hillary out of spite. Never underestimate spite.

I'd rather see Christie stay governor of New Jersey and be the outsized personality he already is, like Bloomberg only cruder, poorer and fatter.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3701/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!