Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you deal with being attracted to a person from another race?

I'm Asian and I find people of all races attractive but especially Europeans/Caucasians. The problem is I'm not attractive at least not by white people's standards. I sometimes feel hopeless because I don't think I will ever find a white boyfriend that will like me back.

What does it feel to date a white guy? And for people of other races who've dated white guys can you give me advice on what I can do to get them to notice me. Thanks :)

by Anonymousreply 13102/01/2013

People are individuals, quit thinking of them as groups. The fact you are worried about trying to land someone white is absurd. Every white person is not the same, just like every asian person or black person or gay person or straight person is not the same.

If you meet someone you like(who happens to be white, since that seems to be a requirement for you to like somone) try to see if you have shared interests or shared sense of humor. Quit worrying about your race, or their race for that matter. You are just two people.

If you aren't attracted to you, oh well, you count your loss and try again.

This is how dating works. It isn't always fun but it isn't that complicated.

by Anonymousreply 101/10/2013

What are "white people's standards"? Good looking, in shape? Sorry, those are everyone's standards.

by Anonymousreply 201/10/2013

The old standbys of attracting people:

1. Be friendly 2. Be healthy 3. Get into shape if you're not 4. Don't be afraid of making the first move

by Anonymousreply 301/10/2013

I think in the straight community, a white man dating an Asian woman or a white woman dating an Asian guy is commonplace. But in the gay community being a gay man makes you a pariah. Not that there aren't exceptions. I'm friendly with a mixed couple -- one's Filipino, the other's white. But usually there's a bias against Asians. Far too much I've seen online hook-up ads where people bluntly exclaim "No Asians!"

by Anonymousreply 401/10/2013

Wo cares about color? Just look for someone nice that is worthy of a relationship with you. Don't sweat the race. That's how I look at things.

by Anonymousreply 501/10/2013

Forget about it, OP. if you don't think you meet our standards, then you probably don't. Sorry, but there it is...

by Anonymousreply 701/10/2013

You shame us! Die now.

by Anonymousreply 801/10/2013

Oh please, you're Asian ad you're worried about finding a date?!

by Anonymousreply 901/10/2013

Trust your gut, OP. you're not up to snuff.

by Anonymousreply 1001/10/2013

It's tough, very tough

by Anonymousreply 1101/10/2013

The anti-asians are the prissy types. They have a weird accent They're also very enthusiastic about blacks. It's an ideological thing and has nothing to do with attraction.

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2013

Two words: Penis enlargement.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2013

For the OP

by Anonymousreply 1401/10/2013

I never have this problem.

by Anonymousreply 1501/10/2013

In my case I married him.

by Anonymousreply 1601/10/2013

R12 sounds 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 1701/10/2013

Make sure your anus is sparklingly minty and clean and you will have amazing success!

by Anonymousreply 1801/10/2013

If white guys don't like you, it isn't because you're Asian, it's cause you're ugly. If you were hot, race wouldn't nd much of an issue.

by Anonymousreply 1901/10/2013

R19 - you are an oafish jerk!

OP - you have self esteem issues, and are probably average looking. SHALLOW guys might write you off, whom you do not need anyway!

by Anonymousreply 2001/10/2013

R20, you are ugly. Inside, and out. Especially out.

by Anonymousreply 2101/10/2013

I fell in love with an African American man 40 years ago. We've been together for 39 of those years.

I grew up in a small town with about two AA families at the most. Falling in love with him was the last thing I expected to do.

But I did. and it worked out just fine. You live and you learn.

The whole "he's not my type" thing is b.s.

by Anonymousreply 2201/11/2013

Can't really help you OP, I'm attracted to my own race and my own sex, thank you very much. Cultural attitudes have alot to do with it too.

by Anonymousreply 2301/11/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2401/11/2013

Am a white guy who favors one type: handsome, cute, and/or sexy. They cum in all shapes, colors, and sizes.

My area is very multicultural, but I've mostly ended up with Latinos because of the math.

I've dated/sexed Asians, Blacks, and Hispanics who are specifically into white guys of my type. While it sort of creeps me out, I like it in general when guys are attracted to me and I ultimately don't care about their reasons.

I'm done with my Mexican-American ex, the in-laws, and that culture. I'm done with Christians -- especially Catholics, too.

WASPy white guys just aren't into me. And vice versa.

Met a handsome Vietnamese physician online. If we end up together, I won't care about what nightmares his family's culture has to offer because at least they'll be new nightmares with no beans and rice. Please wish me luck!

by Anonymousreply 2501/11/2013

I'm surprised no one has recognized the Asian-dating troll. How many posts have we had about Asians dating outside of their race? He/she totally expects the responses to include something about penis size, bottoming, or the lame pronunciation thing . You have not disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 2601/11/2013

OP, stay hopeful. Remember: if you are looking for a relationship, you only need to find one good man who's attracted to you and to whom you're attracted. Just one. It won't matter what "white guys" en masse think, or what "guys" (all races) think when you're snuggled in bed beside somebody you love.

And if you're looking for sex, then go with the Serenity Prayer -- change what you can re: improving your looks and your personality and your interests and your confidence -- and totally accept and own the rest, the parts of you that you can't change. Personally I know at least one average-looking Asian who seems to get lucky often enough on Grindr. He's a friend of mine who, frankly, overshares the good fortunes of his intimate life. So, it is possible.

by Anonymousreply 2701/11/2013

Oh really R23, I'm curious which "culture" has a collective attitude that fosters or promotes same-sex attraction as normal.

by Anonymousreply 2801/11/2013

Disliking people of a certain race is just as shallow as only liking people of a certain race.

by Anonymousreply 2901/11/2013

I am a white guy who has long lusted for Asians. Only been with two. I just don't find them available in my circle.

by Anonymousreply 3001/11/2013

R23 = small-minded and proud of it, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 3101/11/2013

[quote]Hate to tell you this, but most people date within their own race.

I'm mixed (half white/half black) and I pretty much only get asked out by white men. So what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 3201/11/2013

It means my theory is correct, hotness trumps race. Mixed people are usually hot.

by Anonymousreply 3301/11/2013

I cannot believe people are taking this seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3401/11/2013

As a white man, the thing I like about Far East Asians is that they're good bottoms. They take it all and never complain. Never dated them though, just fucked a few.

by Anonymousreply 3601/11/2013

R35 No, I'd really like to hear what bullshit you have to say.

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2013

Find it interesting that none have you have mentioned OP's hypocrisy. He is both a victim and a culprit of "sexual racism" if he excludes non-White men from his potential partners.

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2013

R6/R35/R38 Ah, I've got it figured out. You're one of those angry black people who can't stand when someone mixed dates someone white instead of someone black. I've dealt with nonsense so many times. It's not my fault that it's almost only white men that ask me out. I guess I should just sit around and not date at all and wait who knows how long for someone black to ask me out, huh?

Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 4001/11/2013

Well done, OP.

(But this was an easy bet).

by Anonymousreply 4101/11/2013

quit being such a snow queen and realize beauty is beauty and maybe people's perception of you will change. you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 4201/11/2013

OP, present your hole and the white guys will want you.

by Anonymousreply 4301/11/2013

[R43] That works for me.....show us your hole.

by Anonymousreply 4401/11/2013

Not sure how old you are OP, but wait until a white dude turns 43. Once they start getting rejected by their own kind, they start opening themselves up to anything. If he's hot you might have to wait until 50. If he's hot and rich you might have to wait until 60.

by Anonymousreply 4501/11/2013

While R7 was blunt and up front about it, he/she was actually correct.

Work on finding yourself attractive. Work on yourself. When you look in the mirror and get to the point where you say "I'd do me." then others will as well.:-)

by Anonymousreply 4601/11/2013

I'm a slut, so the way I deal with being attracted with anybody of any race, sex, or legal age, is to proposition them and see if they want to suck and fuck. OP, if you are over 18, and not disgusting in some way, I am sure that I would enjoy getting it on with you, and I am about as white as anybody can be. I have never had a "relationship" or tried to emulate the straight society with some sort of fake "gay" marriage. All I do is suck and fuck with people that I find pretty. If they are willing and nothing disgusting about them, I usually find them pretty enough. I don't care about race or dick size at all. I don't say "no fats and no fems", but it is possible to be so fat or so fem that I can't do them.

by Anonymousreply 4801/11/2013

If you think dating someone from another race is hard, try dating someone from another species

by Anonymousreply 4901/11/2013

Trollin trollin Trollin

Keep the racial threads Trollin'

Trollhyde!

by Anonymousreply 5001/11/2013

Yuuuup!

by Anonymousreply 5101/11/2013

Internalized racism. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 5201/11/2013

No worries, OP. you're just an internet troll. It's very common and there are many just like you.

by Anonymousreply 5301/11/2013

[quote]It's not my fault that it's almost only white men that ask me out. I guess I should just sit around and not date at all and wait who knows how long for someone black to ask me out, huh?

Why do you have to be such a passive pussy that you sit around and wait for people to ass you out? Why can't you be proactive for once, you cunt?

by Anonymousreply 5401/12/2013

[quote]I think in the straight community, a white man dating an Asian woman or a white woman dating an Asian guy is commonplace.

Only true on the first part, a white woman dating an Asian guy is NOT commonplace. It's for the same reason Asian guys have trouble in the gay community. Asian males are not considered "masculine".

Also, R45 has it correct. Older white guys might be attracted to young Asians.

by Anonymousreply 5501/12/2013

I think OP has some serious self-esteem issues. Especially regarding his ethnicity. It's sad, really. I hope you find the psychiatric help you need and please don't come to DL begging for white pole. It's humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 5601/12/2013

Trollsan McTrollsan.

by Anonymousreply 5801/13/2013

Not true, r59. The hottest black men I've ever seen wont even look at a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 6001/13/2013

@59, that's not true at all. I would also disagree about "the very few attractive blacks".

by Anonymousreply 6101/13/2013

My Polish housekeeper says to stay away from the exotics, they will always make your life miserable.

by Anonymousreply 6201/13/2013

Please don't go there r57. I never said Asian men were not attractive. Don't use my post as an excuse to justify your own bigotry.

It's just sad that he'd post about his lack of self-esteem here on DL, where the majority of posters are GWMs, and not all of them kind or nice.

by Anonymousreply 6301/13/2013

The difference in attractiveness (hotness)and not ethnicity is what makes things harder. A hot Asian would have no problem attracting a hot white, black or latin guy

by Anonymousreply 6401/13/2013

r60 is oddly right and it ties well to r56's point because it really is about self-esteem. If I was Asian I would be cringing and probably trying to derail thread because this bizarre craving for white love by an Asian is both pathetic and humiliating.

Oh, and BITCH? You're not alone in your suspicions about the mixed person who "only gets asked out by white men" ... its pretty much confirmed. I, for one, try to give his sort a wide berth, if I can.

by Anonymousreply 6501/13/2013

Someone in another thread mentioned the stereotype about straight white guys being into boobs and straight black guys being more about the ass. Maybe, just maybe, gay men of different races aren't attracted to the exact same thing and have varying perceptions of masculinity?

by Anonymousreply 6601/13/2013

Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all.

by Anonymousreply 6701/14/2013

[quote]The problem is I'm not attractive at least not by white people's standards.

I have a feeling the white people you know are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 6801/14/2013

I think the OPs own issues are what makes him unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 6901/14/2013

Take a cold shower and pray until the devil of temptation goes away. Drink heavily.

by Anonymousreply 7001/14/2013

I'm a black guy mostly attracted to other black guys so I can't relate OP. But I"m curious about your dating history.

by Anonymousreply 7101/15/2013

r71? The OP is an Asian guy attracted to white guys.

by Anonymousreply 7201/16/2013

People worry about some dumb shit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7301/16/2013

I feel like the main issue that doesn't make any sense is why people are yearning for someone white to like them. It often stems from self hate, and having some white person like you isn't going to change that. A "preference" is fine, but ruling out entire races of people is another thing entirely. An example of a preference is that you like a person with certain features, racism is for a certain skin color. There's a big difference. A lot of the white guys who say they aren't into other races are often nasty people you wouldn't want near you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7401/16/2013

I'm only attracted to white guys with dark hair. If it's "racism," I think it's so deeply ingrained as to be impossible to change. I have no problem with anyone's having the right to do anything they want. I just don't want to fuck anyone but white guys with dark hair.

You know how black people think white people think all black people look alike. Well, I'm the same way with blond men, the so-called masters of the universe.

Same with blonde women. I have to google to know whether I'm looking at Kirsten Dunst, Leelee Sobieski, Julia Stiles, etc.

I don't think this is a bad thing. I wish others didn't think of it that way.

by Anonymousreply 7501/16/2013

I don't think you're racist r75. I'm in a similar position myself in that I'm mostly attracted to masculine dark-skinned black guys.

by Anonymousreply 7601/16/2013

Who isn't, r76!

by Anonymousreply 7701/16/2013

R76, R71, I don't even need them to be particularly masculine. There was a busboy in a restaurant yesterday who literally swished across the floor, and I was in heart with him.

by Anonymousreply 7801/16/2013

I've never met an asian gay man who wanted to date fellow asians. They all lust after white meat bigtime. It's like when I asked a friend about a particular sauna. His reply: "It was so bad that the asians were getting off with asians." It's the racist joke that tells the truth. The only variation is gay euroasians who, I've found, can sometimes be VERY snooty and consider themselves something special. Asian racism is pretty blatant.

by Anonymousreply 7901/16/2013

I don't want to be with Asians, either. And the only Asian food I like is sushi (nigiri).

by Anonymousreply 8001/16/2013

This has never been an issue for me...I never really understood how gay men could have such a strong preference for a race, when its hard enough to find potential partners anyway? Gays only makeup a small portion of human beings, so Id rather not stack more odds against myself. A hot guy is a hot guy, no matter what color his skin is.

by Anonymousreply 8101/16/2013

I'm attracted to my own race and my own sex, thank you--if you have a problem with that, too bad.

by Anonymousreply 8201/16/2013

R81, I am no more able to fuck "a hot guy, no matter what his race is" than I am a woman.

by Anonymousreply 8301/16/2013

Well more for me then, r83!

by Anonymousreply 8401/16/2013

Why is it always white men? About four years ago there was a string of articles written on gay websites speaking of black men's desires for white men. It led me to look into opinions on interracial dating. It was always non-whites wanting white men. I didn't see black men wanting East Asians or Indians and shaming them for not wanting black men or any other combination not involving white men.

by Anonymousreply 8501/16/2013

I think Asian men are so cute and sexy, but I couldn't see dating one.

by Anonymousreply 8601/16/2013

The only other race I can see myself dating is a black person. I know what to expect.

I think any other race comes with too much issues that I wouldn't be ready to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 8801/16/2013

Culture is part of it. However, I don't think you can make people get boners for things they are not attracted to no matter how much it's promoted in culture. People go to things they are interested in. Teens and adults have the ability to construct the culture for themselves by looking at certain things or not.

by Anonymousreply 8901/16/2013

I think I love you, R87.

by Anonymousreply 9001/16/2013

I agree with #87 and this phenomenon occurs in straight communities also. If you look at films, television shows, etc., white men are always portrayed as being the romantic heroes and the masculine ideal. People of every race and sexulity have been brainwashed by these media images to varying degrees which results in many people seeing Whiteness (in men and women) as being the ultimate in beauty and identity.

by Anonymousreply 9201/16/2013

Too bad, R91. I'm sure all the white guys are practically beating down your front door to get a date with you. Oh, well. Our loss.

by Anonymousreply 9301/16/2013

You're very gullible if you think R91 is actually black, R93.

by Anonymousreply 9401/16/2013

Which explains why Asian women want white guys as well. But the same can't be said for black women who always complain of others who "steal" their men. White girls who date black men usually say they feel the most hostility from black women.

by Anonymousreply 9501/16/2013

For r75. You'll love the Swedish national soccer team.

by Anonymousreply 9601/16/2013

OP Just say, "Me love you long time, Joe!"

It works.

by Anonymousreply 9701/16/2013

Mixed race guys are often very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9801/17/2013

Asian women gravitate toward white American men because they think they see this:$$$$. Question: why is it that in prison white men are always the ones who are sought after to fuck by the Hispanics and Blacks? Has any study ever been done to determine who gets raped and who does the raping in prison according to race?

by Anonymousreply 9901/17/2013

Felix the cat

The wonnerful, wonnerfullest cat

When ever he got in a fix

He reached right into his bag of tricks

Felix the cat

The wonnerful, wonnerfullest cat

You'll laugh so much, your sides will ache your heart'll go pitter pat

Watching Felix, the wonnerful cat

by Anonymousreply 10001/17/2013

r99, probably because they're lower on the masculinity totem pole?

by Anonymousreply 10101/17/2013

Getting fucked in the ass in black and hispanic culture basically means you might as well turn in your man card.

by Anonymousreply 10201/17/2013

OP sounds like a typical self hating Asian queen. They all wanna date white men just like their straight sisters.

by Anonymousreply 10301/17/2013

This turned out to be a popular thread.

by Anonymousreply 10401/17/2013

I am Asian as well, OP. I m going to South Korea to look more Eurasian. Do you want to join me so we can split accommodation costs?

by Anonymousreply 10501/17/2013

[quote]I stopped drinking the gay=White=beauty=standard Kool-Aid many years ago.

= grandpoppy very kind to muscled street dinge

by Anonymousreply 10601/17/2013

The person who signs all their posts as "BITCH" comes off as the sterotypical angry and bitter black man. You have issues.

by Anonymousreply 10701/17/2013

I think r107 is the one with issues because black men showing anything other than acceptable Wayne Brady cheer scares him.

by Anonymousreply 10801/17/2013

Oh you don't like what I wrote r107? Oh well....r108 is right, that's YOUR issue.

by Anonymousreply 10901/17/2013

What do other Asians make of the OP? Do you empathize or does he make you cringe with embarrassment?

by Anonymousreply 11001/17/2013

Both R110. There are a lot of attractive asian men buy they're mostly straight. The gay ones are either ugly or fem.

by Anonymousreply 11101/17/2013

Lol, R45. So true!

by Anonymousreply 11201/17/2013

What a strange question. Why would anyone have to "deal" with being attracted to someone who is from a different race? Thats like asking a person with brown hair how do they deal with being attracted to someone with blond hair.

by Anonymousreply 11301/17/2013

To thine own self be true

by Anonymousreply 11401/17/2013

R113, some people with dark hair aren't attracted to people with blonde hair, as if they are another race. I should know. I'm one of them.

by Anonymousreply 11501/17/2013

R102, you are incorrect. You are spouting a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 11601/17/2013

Come on People Now, Let's get together, Smile on your borther.

Love One Another

by Anonymousreply 11701/17/2013

We live in a culture where gay minorities are told through media that if you're gay you might as well be white. Many go through a self-loathing period where they reject other attractive minorities in favor of average white guys. Many average white guys are aware of this and take advantage. It seems blacks and Latinos go through this period quicker than Asians. In the long run, Latinos and blacks come off as being more proud of their culture and own their sexiness. That makes them come off as more masculine than an Asian guy.

Asians assimilate to white culture better than blacks and Latinos, and this is a consequence of that.

by Anonymousreply 11801/18/2013

[quote] We live in a culture where gay minorities are told through media that if you're gay you might as well be white

Wtf? What aspect of the media/culture speaks specifically to "gay minorities"?

by Anonymousreply 11901/18/2013

And same here, r115.

by Anonymousreply 12001/18/2013

R120, do blonds look more alike than different for you, too?

by Anonymousreply 12101/18/2013

R120 All white people look the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 12201/18/2013

Blacks and Latinos generally don't have this problem r118. Of course there are a few exceptions, r32 being a good example.

by Anonymousreply 12301/18/2013

A lot of us cross racial lines but not many will admit it.

In my case, I don't know what it is but I get a lot of attention from black guys. I'm a dirty blond with hazel eyes white guy, well Italian-American, right down to the beak.

by Anonymousreply 12401/18/2013

What do this black guys tell you, r124?

by Anonymousreply 12501/18/2013

[quote]Many go through a self-loathing period where they reject other attractive minorities in favor of average white guys.

r118, I never went through a period like that, and I think most black men don't either. Not saying it doesnt happen though. For me, I just woke up one day and white guys were sexually attractive to me. No self loathing involved. I know a lot of gay black men that simply arent and have never been attracted to anything except other black guys. It has to deal with masculinity like you said, which is the crux of a lot gay men's sexual desires. Once they realize masculinity is just expressed differently in other races, then they start dating guys that aren't black.

by Anonymousreply 12601/19/2013

Why do you think white guys who act black (like Eminem, Justin Timberlake, John Cena etc) are considered very attractive especially by straight white girls but white-acting black guys couldn't get arrested if they tried? It all comes down to perceptions of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 12701/19/2013

I should mention, in my single days my criterion was you had to match my standard for being handsome/cute. Your race didn't matter. So as a result white, black, Latino, and Asian were on the menu.

A friend of mine used to say I was doing the International Club. But he knew what I liked so occasionally he'd set me up.

by Anonymousreply 12801/19/2013

I'd love for the OP to comeback and tell us if reaction in this thread surprised him.

by Anonymousreply 13002/01/2013

I'd love for the OP to comeback and tell us if reaction in this thread surprised him.

by Anonymousreply 13102/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.