Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Gays and Tennis, Part 5

Now that The Gays and Tennis, Part 4 is full, we'll need a new one...

by Anonymousreply 60308/17/2013

Continuing...

The surprising thing about this video is Schiavone's reaction to the man shouting "I [we?] love you Nole!". She smirks at Djokovic and touches her ear a couple of times - an Italian gesture that basically means "queer"/"fag" (I think the nonverbal exchange is basically Schiavone telling Djokovic, "Hear that? There's a fag interested in you"). This certainly wasn't lost on Djokovic (who's spent loads of time in Italy and is fluent in Italian, including the sometimes impenetrable hand gestures), who starts prissing about and blows the guy a kiss.

Honestly, Schiavone is a weird one...

by Anonymousreply 101/10/2013

[R1] So does this gesture have + or - connotation? =p

Anyway, good news! Tomic would have to face Federer to get past R3 of AO. That means mostly likely no hype after the first week.

by Anonymousreply 201/10/2013

Hope you'll all be watching ESPN to catch my Australian Open Pammentating! I'll share all the DIRT on the top players, and throw in some great BITS about life on the tour in the early DAYS when Billie Jean ruled the ROOST! Boy, did that Billie like to play GRABASS in the shower after a tough three TITTER. Oops, did I say three titter? I meant three SETTER! I can't imagine why a straight GAL like me would be talking about three tits - in all my years strolling the locker room, I never saw a DAME with three tits. Well, except Turnbull, of course.

by Anonymousreply 301/10/2013

Love you, Pammie!

by Anonymousreply 401/10/2013

I'm pretty sure he is a homophobe, R2. The guy is Serbian, and that tells you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 501/10/2013

Is that who I think it is? =p

Anyway, I don't know. He's done a lot of things that could be seen as gay (underwear modelling, cross-dressing etc.) so whatevs. I don't know.

Also, if that gesture Schiavone did had a negative connotation then she's a hypocrite. She very much carries herself like a man and is very butch. She could easily be seen as gay herself.

by Anonymousreply 601/10/2013

The gesture is negative, most certainly, as is the term associated with it ("recchione"/"ricchione"). But the idea of political correctness is so beyond unevolved in Italy, that most people have no conception of the offence it might cause.

What surprised me about Schiavone's use of the gesture is that she came across as an insensitive tool, and I'd always assumed she was anything but.

by Anonymousreply 701/11/2013

For R599 in previous thread:

Nicest guys I've dealt with would include: Nieminen, Simon, Monfils, Baghdatis, Tsonga, Isner and Becker. They are all really positive, friendly and helpful. It's often difficult to get players to do things but these guys never let you down. The top guys are generally easy to work with too, although they like to change their minds a lot after you've made arrangements based on what's been agreed with them.

by Anonymousreply 801/11/2013

So you've interacted with Fed, Rafa, Nole, Murray, R8? Any further info or stories? At that level, and not to 'defend' them unnecessarily, I wonder if it's their teams who are changing their minds and plans rather than the individual player.

Sometimes I wonder how much life the really top guys even live, with teams of people constantly surrounding them, the expectation to remain at the top, branding, endorsements. It just sounds like such a grind.

Not that they aren't well-compensated, of course.

by Anonymousreply 901/11/2013

R7, I'm admittedly not well-versed in these gestures, this is all new to me (and interesting). Is it possible that Fran did that gesture tongue in cheek? Everyone knows that she is gay herself, so maybe she was playfully 'telling' Novak 'hey, looks like you've got a male admirer.' Is that even possible given its connotation? I really doubt that she of all people meant it in a derogatory, 'look at that fag' way.

R5, R6 is right that Novak himself has done a lot of stuff that a homophobe traditionally would not do: prancing around a catwalk in first a speedo and then tight underwear (with another guy), cross-dressing for laughs, inviting a boy who called out that he loved him at a US Open practice session to hit with him on the court. I don't know what his views are but he certainly does not act like one despite his nationality.

by Anonymousreply 1001/11/2013

(R9), mostly the changing comes from the players themselves who've decided they would now rather practise at this time rather than that time, or they would prefer head back to the hotel early, etc. etc. All the top guys are easy to work with but they do expect to get what they want which partly explains the amount of mollycoddling they get from their entourages. In that respect, Rafa's and Nole's teams are probably the worst.

And like all players, they like getting free stuff. One of my favorites was with Mrs Fed: he was supposed to meet some sponsors (mobile phone company) in their suite and they wanted to present him with a new phone. Mrs Fed was explaining to us that Fed really didn't feel like doing it at the moment, he wanted to rest, blah, blah, blah. We kept pushing and finally, her response was, "Can we get two?" "Yes, I'm sure we can get two." "OK."

by Anonymousreply 1101/11/2013

R10, yes it's very possible she thought she was being funny, perhaps even clever. And that's my point - there's a lack of sensitivity there that I wasn't expecting.

And almost everyone seems to be assuming she's gay, but if she is then it's very much under wraps, unlike, e.g., Tathiana Garbin, who never officially came out but who was always spotted out and about with various girlfriends, at least when she was overseas (I remember flying back to Italy from Sydney about five years ago, and we were both on the same flight - right up until we landed in Vienna she was obviously with her girlfriend, and not bothering to hide anything; the minute we changed planes for the Vienna-Venice leg, she and her girlfriend parted ways and sat very much separately, with little or no overt contact).

Having said that, though, there's also this strange footage that a satirical Italian TV programme picked up and broadcast in November 2005 (and that made its way onto Youtube after Schiavone's FO victory in 2010). There are some weird gestures here, too, and while the voiceover seems to be implying she's setting up a one-on-one session with the man in the stands, I actually suspect she's trying to set up a FFM threesome (!).

Am looking forward to your opinion... :-)

by Anonymousreply 1201/11/2013

That's interesting, R11, thanks for all your informative posts. The Mirka story is funny. She seems like a no nonsense woman.

One last thing, do you have any idea if the top guys take advantage of their status and popularity with women and/or men who want to sleep with them or are they too insulated by their teams to even do that? I am surprised we rarely hear of any scandals surrounding top tennis players when it is a sport that demands one lives on the road. It is hard for me to imagine men not wanting to take advantage.

by Anonymousreply 1301/11/2013

It seems to me that she's implying to have a 3way. Lol

by Anonymousreply 1401/11/2013

"I'm pretty sure he [Djokovic] is a homophobe, [R2]. The guy is Serbian, and that tells you all you need to know."

Makes as much sense as all Catholics and Germans are anti-Jewish. Hasn't Djokovic gone way out of his way to show those Serbian stereotypes are not true?

by Anonymousreply 1501/11/2013

We JUST did the 'are all Serbians homophobes?' thing near the end of the other thread. Do we HAVE to do it again already?

by Anonymousreply 1601/11/2013

(R13), no I've never seen the current top guys take advantage in that way. I have only once been requested to organize girls for one of that group, and then was asked to cancel them at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 1701/11/2013

R17, want to clue us in on/hint who that one was? It's finally getting juicy in here. My guess is Djokovic, who always seems like he's hiding a wilder side.

by Anonymousreply 1801/11/2013

R12, it looks like she is indeed trying to set up a FFM 3some. I guess she is no stranger to these hand gestures. I wouldn't have guessed her of all people.

by Anonymousreply 1901/12/2013

Damn...I'm saying so fervently that Dimitrov is better than Tomic, and then the little shit goes and wins Sydney. Guess I can't say that anymore, at least for the moment =p

Really though, Grigor better win a title soon! =)

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2013

If Tomic had played Murray in the final he wouldn't have a title either.

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2013

So I've made my PICKS for this years Aussie Open... Get a load of these. I am going way out on a LEDGE here by picking Novak and Serena. What can I say? As a RED-BLOODED, SINGLE lady, how can I ignore Novak's MILKSHAKE. Am I using that term correctly? Sometimes it's hard to stay HIP. As for Serena, my pick is because she's such a great player. It has nothing to do with her BODACIOUS tatas and rounded BUTTOCKS. Why, I hardly notice her CURVES. Well, sometimes I notice them in the Women's locker room, when I'm CAMPED out there with a smartphone... for JOURNALISTIC reasons, of course.

Hope you watch me DOWN UNDER, and be sure to keep your finger on the remote control VOLUME button. Sometimes a gal just has to start SHOUTING for no apparent reason!

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2013

How close are we, in 2013, to having an ACTIVE openly "gay/bi" player on the men's tour?? Any prospects yet??

ACTIVE.

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2013

More over Rafa. Who knew there are several sites dedicated to photos of Richard Gasquet's ass. Here are about 100 photos alone.

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2013

[ R17 ] - I'm also curious about which of the top guys wanted you to organize girls for them.

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2013

Pam, when are you going to stop pretending that you are straight? FFS just come out of that closet already. You're not fooling ANYONE with the fake marriage to someone who claims to have been James Bond once. We all understand that you've wanted to get into Martina's pants for decades now and always failed because Martina likes 'em straight and blond but there are other gals you can settle down with. Ok, Serena is way out of our league and so are Masha and Gabby Sabatini but you could try your luck with someone more at your level like Lisa Raymond. Or Billie Jean. Or Zina Garrison.

Or maybe even Judy Nelson to get back at Martina.

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2013

I wonder if Pammie and her very heterosexual self have any dirt to tell about certain players which have been lez "suspects" through the years.

by Anonymousreply 2701/13/2013

Maybe the male gay/bi player will turn out to be Tomic. He was recently caught play wrestling naked with a male friend in a hot tub in the early hours.

by Anonymousreply 2801/13/2013

Can this please be the year when Sabatini comes out? Enough already. She'll be 43, was never married, and is hotter as well. Maybe Pammy can even do the interview.

by Anonymousreply 2901/13/2013

Did the power lezzies like Billie Jean and Martina seduce the younger players in the locker room?

by Anonymousreply 3001/13/2013

R28--maybe that would explain the endless drama, stunts and shenanigans surrounding this kid. If true, it would be cool if he comes out. It would be interesting to see who the old guard Aussies who have been quite critical of him recently (eg. Rafter)would react.

by Anonymousreply 3101/13/2013

FYI, I started an Australian Open thread.

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2013

Maybe we should just keep the tennis talk in this thread instead? There hasn't been an overwhelming amount of tennis posts lately.

Murray and Federer playing tonight. I can't stand Murray; I hope Fed can eliminate him in the semis.

by Anonymousreply 3301/14/2013

I agree, why did we need another tennis thread with so few post here? Silly, but I guess the damage has been done.

by Anonymousreply 3401/14/2013

Who is everyone's picks for AO?

by Anonymousreply 3501/14/2013

I love Sam Stosur's arms!!!

by Anonymousreply 3601/14/2013

Poor Randy Harrison, no chance against Nole.

by Anonymousreply 3701/16/2013

Ryan Harrison you mean? He's a cute kid and fought out there. He looked like he was trying so hard as Nole barely broke a sweat.

I hope Nole can keep up this level.

by Anonymousreply 3801/16/2013

Exactly what R23 said... It's so frustrating to not have an openly gay male player on the ATP tour.

by Anonymousreply 3901/16/2013

So the Bryan Brothers don't count?

by Anonymousreply 4001/16/2013

Bryan Brothers interviewed

by Anonymousreply 4101/16/2013

Federer's shoes

by Anonymousreply 4201/17/2013

R40 well they're both married so I wouldn't call that openly gay (but I know you were being facetious).

by Anonymousreply 4401/17/2013

yummy...

by Anonymousreply 4501/17/2013

Does anyone else think the Grand Slam draws are rigged? Why does Federer get Murray in two straight GS's and Djokovic gets Ferrer? When Djokovic was #3/4 Federer got him in almost every GS draw for years. Djokovic's draw is a djoke.

by Anonymousreply 4601/17/2013

No, I don't r46. The draws are done in public, so it would be tough to rig. Plus it's a 50/50 chance of where Murray ends up, so it's not like we're talking long odds.

by Anonymousreply 4701/17/2013

I'm with R47. Plus if they were rigging them, wouldn't they have given Federer an easier road to the final? His popularity dwarfs Djokovic and Murray.

I'm still waiting for the resident tennis insider to come back on this thread and tell us which of the top guys asked for girls to be arranged for them. I'm guessing it was not Federer(who I think is gay).

by Anonymousreply 4801/17/2013

Why would you think Federer is gay? There's never been even a whisper of that.

And the reason why they give Federer a tough draw is because he's 31 years old and they want him out of the way so they can promote the younger players. Federer is too popular and when he retires the ATP is going to be hurting if they don't get some new talent.

by Anonymousreply 4901/17/2013

There has been a lot of talk of Federer fooling around with guys, R49. Maybe he's bi, but it's not a stretch to imagine that an effete man married to a mannish woman might be familiar with the homosex.

by Anonymousreply 5001/17/2013

I don't have any evidence, he just pings to me. I wonder if any of y'all see it too.

by Anonymousreply 5101/17/2013

I miss seeing Rafa's butt. Fed is so gross and hairy.

by Anonymousreply 5201/17/2013

R52 he is not gross. He's a real man not some pussy who does everything his nasty uncle tells him to do. And at least he doesn't shave his entire body like Nadull does.

by Anonymousreply 5301/17/2013

Ignore the link @ R53. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 5401/17/2013

No whispers, R49?

Do you not recall how Gavin Rossdale followed him around the tour and how close he and Gwen were with the Federers? There have been whispers about that for years, especially given his five year gay relationship.

by Anonymousreply 5501/18/2013

so you're saying anyone who has a gay friend is gay?

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

Well I see logic is not DL's friend today.

No, R56, my post is ONLY a response to R49 that there was never any whisper about Federer. I only said that there were whispers.

I did not say anyone who has a gay friend is automatically gay.

Are you really that fucking stupid? Apparently you are.

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

R57, you're calling me stupid when you're the one who says Federer is probably gay because he has a friend who is bisexual? LOL. That's logic for you. This website "whispers" about every male celebrity so I don't consider the whispering on DL logical at all.

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

Once and for all, the draws in Grand Slams (do not know about other tournaments) are completely random and done in public.

However, given the Lance Armstrong interview, who knows for certain.

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2013

R58, for the THIRD fucking time, I did NOT say Federer was probably gay because he has a bisexual friend.

R49 said there were no whispers -- zero. I only said there were, and they weren't only on DL. It has nothing to do with any logical assumption about Federer's sexuality. It was a factual disagreement about whether people had raised the point or not.

I will say however, from this post I'm more than calling you stupid.

You are definitively stupid for not being able to read without getting seriously confused.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2013

This is a gay gossip website. Are we not allowed to say that we think someone is gay based on Federer mannerisms? I don't think it has anything to do with his friends; the man pings to high heaven for me.

Now watch that 'insider' poster come back and say he was asked to set up girls for Federer because he's tired of Mirka. It would figure.

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2013

R60 if the only way you can have a discussion is to call someone stupid then I guess that pretty much says it all. I happen to admire the man. He's done a lot of good with his foundation and is very kind to his fans. Everyone who meets him says he's a great guy and he has a family. I take exception to people saying he's living a lie. Call me stupid all you want but you're the one who attacked me for asking a simple question. So I'll be going away now. Then you can have the last word. Have fun.

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2013

That's adorable, R63. I love how when Rafa gets out of the chair for a second, Roger's eyes are bolted on Rafa's ass...

by Anonymousreply 6401/19/2013

Oh, and I love Berdych's shorts at the AO.

Damm, bro has some gams.

by Anonymousreply 6501/19/2013

Federer was called gay here, and that Mirka is his Grace Adler:

Why doesn't he have a good-looking wife? Bottom of the page.

by Anonymousreply 6601/19/2013

[R52] That explains why Nadal is always picking his ass on the court. Irritation from shaving. I always thought he had dingle berries. Maybe you would like to chew off them berries. My tennis fan friend who dislikes him as much as I do call is it "picking his nappy"

by Anonymousreply 6701/19/2013

'He's done a lot of good with his foundation and is very kind to his fans.'

I have never posted on Federer's sexuality until now. Just because a person is nice and has a foundation does not mean anything. I have no idea whether Federe is gay or not but you certainly have presented nothing to counter the rumors. As to a famous person being nice, only the people closest to the star know for certain. As for me, it never occurred to me to judge whether any famous person is nice, or not nice. Since you have reaised the issue, I would not be surprised if it eventually is known that Federer is far from nice to the average middle-class person.

by Anonymousreply 6801/19/2013

Can we get back to asses, cocks, and legs, please?

I must say, Roger looked pretty damn good against Tomic -- dude wears his 31 years lightly.

by Anonymousreply 6901/19/2013

R68 why is it up to someone here to counter DL rumors about a married tennis player being gay. They are just rumors. They mean nothing. And I know it's hard to believe that a successful, talented athlete could actually be a nice person. But it does happen. Not everyone is Lance Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 7001/19/2013

"Can we get back to asses, cocks, and legs, please?"

Or discussion of players' sexualities? It's a gay board, after all.

The only tennis player to come out within recent history was Francisco Gonzalez, a Paraguayan player whose highest ATP ranking was in the 300's.

by Anonymousreply 7101/19/2013

These are the blind items that that Out article - from 2008 - offers: "As any mildly obsessive gay male fan knows, tantalizing rumors surround a hunky American player once ranked inside the top 20. 'He was very attractive, muscular, the epitome of a gay pinup. Everyone kind of knew he was gay from the way he talked -- he wasn't hiding it. I remember him in line for lunch with his boyfriend,' one source says.

Another former number 1 American player was thought to play both sides of the net."

by Anonymousreply 7201/19/2013

r72 - I believe that's supposed to be Jan Michael Gambill, no?

by Anonymousreply 7301/19/2013

Yes, it is almost certainly Gambill.

by Anonymousreply 7401/20/2013

Yeah, that makes sense. Wasn't he seen recently on a cruise with Elton John and his partner?

by Anonymousreply 7501/20/2013

Oh yes, r75.

by Anonymousreply 7601/21/2013

It wouldn't surpise me that the reason Nadal beat Fed so much was that Fed was so distracted by Nadal's ass he lost focus on the game.

by Anonymousreply 7701/21/2013

Now that the Open is over, should we resume this thread?

by Anonymousreply 7801/28/2013

Yes, let's, R78. I still want to know who the #1 American player was who "play[ed] both sides of the net". Can we have a list of #1 American male tennis players?

by Anonymousreply 7901/28/2013

It's probably just John McEnroe, Jim Courier, Andre Agassi, and Pete Sampras, at least in the modern era...

by Anonymousreply 8001/28/2013

I still want to know that too R79. Out of that list I can only really see Courier. MAYBE Agassi? What do you all think?

I also still want to know which of the top 4 guys asked the DL poster to arrange for escorts.

by Anonymousreply 8101/28/2013

Pammie you are the freshest and funniest poster on DL in years!

My impression: Sorry boys, neither Fed nor Nadal are gay. There are not rumors about them in the tennis world, only on DL.

I have seen them both up close and they are both just as you see them in that cute You Tube someone posted- goofy, nice, young men. Federer I think is a bit more mature and smart. But I have met him and seen him up close interacting with kids and their parents informally in a club lounge. Unusually nice young man, and did not pick up the slightest gay vibe. Ditto Rafa who I have watched up close practicing with his hitting partner a number of times. Not a hint. Very much a typical young jock, nice young jock I might add.

Now Pammie give us another report from the women's locker room.

by Anonymousreply 8201/28/2013

Help us answer the second "Out" blind item, Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 8301/28/2013

Agassi was called gay in a book by a famous, successful European journalist. And Steffi Graf isn't good-looking and had a difficult childhood and father, and Las Vegas, where he grew up and they still live, isn't a normal city.

by Anonymousreply 8401/28/2013

Actually, R84, if Steffi just fixed that honker she'd be a knock-out. Stacked, and fabulous legs.

Why she settled for the fug baldy is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 8501/28/2013

R85, does nobody remember that for the longest time Rennae Stubbs was always in Graf's player's box, and they were always together? It was just after Graf had parted ways with her dad, and just after that "she's dating a race car driver" fiasco... I was sure she was gay, and pretty sure she was on her way to coming out once her career was over.

When she and Agassi started their affair, I thought it might have been a bit of mutual bearding. But, just maybe, it's a case of two bis who really clicked, both of them forced into playing a sport they ultimately hated by two viciously single-minded fathers?

by Anonymousreply 8601/28/2013

R82: I do not care at all about Nadal's and Federer's sexual preferences, but spending such a small amount of time with anyone and not finding a gay vibe proves very little.

by Anonymousreply 8701/28/2013

Hmm, interesting hypothesis R86. Could be. Did Steffi hate it as much as Andre professes to? Sheesh, I guess it was a job, after all.

R87, I also have observed Roger and Rafa up close, and I didn't get the slightest gay vibe from either one. Sadly. And Federer seemed intelligent to me, too.

by Anonymousreply 8801/28/2013

I think R86's theory about two bis just clicking seems perfect.

by Anonymousreply 8901/29/2013

Datalounge didn't let me post for ages...anyway the AO is over and Djoker won it again *yawn*. I like Djoker but man, I find too much same old same old in men's tennis...

by Anonymousreply 9001/29/2013

Well, for a while it was all Fed, then Fedal, then now Djoko and some Murray. I think it's just the way men's tennis always is.

by Anonymousreply 9101/29/2013

Years from now people will look back at this period as the Golden Age of men's tennis. I understand it can be boring when the same three players always win, plus Murray. But, it's been rare to have this many good players all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 9201/29/2013

Question, would you all prefer to have a game with 4 guys who win or just 1 who totally dominates?

by Anonymousreply 9301/30/2013

In my opinion, we have has too many periods where one player dominates the mens' game. That applies to Fed who I do not like much and Djokovic, if he stays in the zone, whom I like very much.

by Anonymousreply 9401/30/2013

In my opinion, the men's game made a quantum leap once Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray appeared. In terms of the physical intensity of the game, it kind of reminds me when Williams sisters arrived on the scene in women's tennis. Everybody had to become better and fitter and, ultimately, it benefitted the sport. Nadal was the first one, then Djokovic realized that he had to become much fitter and mentally stronger to play with the big boys, and now Murray seems to be doing the same. I hated with a passion the era of big servers such as Sampras, Ivanisevic, Krajicek, and their ilk.

by Anonymousreply 9501/30/2013

I wasn't actually watching tennis when the big servers were king (too young I guess), and I can't imagine enjoying that much more either. But it's a matter of taste. Except Federer the top 4 of today are mostly about how many balls they can chase down (Djokovic may be the best shotmaker of this group but his game is still mostly defense).

It's the chasing group of Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro, and formerly Soderling that I found the best because their games are offensve-based. The latter two really looked like real contenders for a long time. But Soderling's career is possibly ended by this mono virus and Del Potro has been disappointing since his US Open 2009 win (he had a wrist injury afterwards which kept him out for months and now it looks like he may never approach that same level again).

by Anonymousreply 9601/31/2013

The "former number 1 American player" doesn't necessarily mean former American world no. 1, it could mean former no. 1 in America.

by Anonymousreply 9701/31/2013

I thought everybody knows that Roddick is the one with the bi-rumours

by Anonymousreply 9801/31/2013

I admit I've had the odd fantasy about Andy Roddick and James Blake...

by Anonymousreply 9901/31/2013

R96: I remember watching a Lendl match at the U.S. Open where Lendl took almost five hours to finally win, he may have come to the net once. The next matched featured Becker, who came to the net after almost every one of his serves. The Becker match was quicker and about ten times more exciting.

McEnroe and Borg as well as Sampras and Agassi also had very difference styles of tennis. Federer comes in more than the other top three, but the Becker-style of tennis would be impossible today. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 10001/31/2013

R86 apart from her strange friendship with Stubbs there always have been rumors of Steffi having a three month fling with Gabriela Sabatini. Peter supposedly found out and that was the real reason they broke their doubles partnership. Sabatini's beard was German then. A coincidence??

by Anonymousreply 10101/31/2013

Do people really believe this stuff about "rumours of a three-month fling" or "some think they're both bi"? There can be rumours about anything; I can make rumours up and post them on here. Just because you think there were once rumours doesn't mean you have to switch your brain off and twist/create/believe any rumour that fits into some kind of fantasy you have to make your dull life seem more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10202/01/2013

Regarding this question of enjoying it whether one player wins a title more than once, or wins multiple titles.

I'm not sure I completely understand it. If the tennis itself is great, why does it matter so much to us as to who wins? Yes, if we really like another player (or hate a player, even irrationally so) I can see how it gets "frustrating" but there are fans of a team that will lose and lose and lose and yet they always have hope.

Look at Andy Murray, or "his predecessor", Tim Henman. Even when he lost, when he fought hard and almost won, it was epic to watch. I wasn't an Andy Murray fan, but the fact that it meant so much to him that he cried when he lost got to me, and probably wouldn't have made me interested in his next match if he had won it earlier. Now, he's really a contender (let's hope) because he believes in his game, and he almost won the Australian. It was a great match, lots of ups and downs, great shot making and just had to come to an end.

I was never a Lendl fan, and thought he was annoying at times, but his shotmaking was incredible, and he was vulnerable, never winning at Wimbledon and wouldn't have won the Aussie Open if it had been played on grass.

Federer's dominance followed by his getting his butt kicked made things more entertaining.

It just seems to me if you enjoy the sport, this claim that it's boring to see the "same winners" is an odd one, especially since for the four slams last year we had four different winners...

by Anonymousreply 10302/01/2013

Pleased that Evgeny Korolev got a win (over a slump Melzer granted) in Davis Cup yesterday. He's so low-ranked right now and this might help the confidence. Gee, what a babe though.

by Anonymousreply 10402/02/2013

[quote]apart from her strange friendship with Stubbs there always have been rumors of Steffi having a three month fling with Gabriela Sabatini. Peter supposedly found out and that was the real reason they broke their doubles partnership. Sabatini's beard was German then. A coincidence??

Gabriela was the one who broke off the doubles partnership. Her coach Carlos Kirmayr told her to end the partnership because he felt that playing doubles together was giving Steffi an edge over Gabriela in their singles rivalry.

by Anonymousreply 10502/02/2013

r102, dear oh dear oh dear... Diddums, how many times do we have to go through this? Datalounge prides itself on being the place where you can "get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery." It's explicitly stated, right up there under the logo (top left-hand corner*). Now, apparently our lives are sad (we love to gossip), but yours isn't. This begs the question: why are you still here? 'Riddance...

* For problems distinguishing your left hand from your right, please refer to link below.

by Anonymousreply 10602/02/2013

I agree. Please no more of the anti-gossip/speculation.

by Anonymousreply 10702/02/2013

This rumor has been around for more than 20 years and the people who always tell me about it are British. Steffi and Gaby played their last tournament together in Wimbledon 1990. Around that time a supposed exboyfriend (German) of Gaby talked shit about her to the Sun tabloid and the next day they ask her about it at a press conference in Wimbledon. Is these all coincidence or just a cover up?? Steffi was linked to the singer of simply red around that time.

And R105, that was the official story. The official story is also that Gaby is heterosexual.

And the poster asking not to gossip in a gossip forum is douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 10802/02/2013

IIRC, Carlos Santana said in a radio interview here in Europe that he was sexually molested as a kid or in his youth and that he thinks that many in showbiz have been ( I'd say many athletes as well). Just after that, he said that he felt that Steffi Graf and a German Comedian were soulmates for him, or so, which indicated that Steffi Graf might have experienced sexual abuse in her childhood as well. That could be the main reason why she is with a man who might very likely be gay. She had longterm relationships with men before, one is the older brother of the domestic partner of first openly gay Minister in Germany, Guido Westerwelle. The older brother is straight though, I'd say. There aren't many people in gay/lesbian relationships or even just having homosex in Germany, so there are many in the closet or living mainly celibate.

by Anonymousreply 10902/02/2013

I wouldn't be shocked, R109 since Peter Graf is all sorts of creep. Steffi is also a die hard fan of Carlos Santana. There was an article from the 80's mentioning a friendship between the two.

by Anonymousreply 11002/03/2013

[quote]And [R105], that was the official story. The official story is also that Gaby is heterosexual.

If they wanted an official story why not simply say that Gabriela wanted to keep playing doubles and Steffi wanted to cut down on it to focus on singles? Steffi did stop playing doubles regularly anyway. Why bother inventing a story?

All the rumors and gossip about Steffi being lesbian seem to be based purely on her friendship with one out lesbian (Renee Stubbs) and one alleged lesbian (Gabriela). So basically any woman who is friends with lesbians has to be gay herself?

Maybe Chrissie Evert is a closeted lez too in that case. She's clearly trying to overcompensate by fucking every man she lays her eyes on while all she wants is to taken by Martina N.

by Anonymousreply 11102/03/2013

They said that r111 along with the Carlos Kirmayr thing. And you seem to forget that Peter payed a guy to pretend to be Steffi boyfriend so "they wouldn't think Steffi is a lesbian". Then why Peter would fear that if Steffi is so heterosexual? It's interesting that you bring Chris because inspite of her being super good friends with Martina nobody "invented" any lesbian rumor about her.

by Anonymousreply 11202/03/2013

Of course, R112, that could be because America's sweetheart tennis player was actually quite the slut. Jimmy Connors, John Lloyd, her other marriages are just the tip of the iceberg. All the people joking about how brazenly she acts like she has the hots for Nadal and other male players on air .... not just senility, she's always been that way. Everybody knows.

by Anonymousreply 11302/03/2013

Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi are likely both bi. Agassi's homophobia was an overreaction, and Graf has never been all that feminine.

by Anonymousreply 11402/03/2013

Well, not settling down with anybody of the opposite sex in particular can be also interpreted as being a lez in denial....or not. I can't blame Chris for loving Nadal' s ass though.

by Anonymousreply 11502/03/2013

I think Chrissie is just a repressed Catholic girl with major daddy issues who sleeps around because her self worth is linked to the men in her life but I guess we could easily question why she's so slutty and whether she's in fact a lez in denial who doth protest way too much.

by Anonymousreply 11602/03/2013

Yeah, Chrissie loves cock. That's WELL established.

Her pussy has a revolving door on it.

by Anonymousreply 11702/03/2013

I'll disagree with R114 about Graf not being all that feminine. Today, she is always spotted in skirts and dresses. She's a great mother, by all accounts, and seems very happy.

R111, Stubbs and Sabatini weren't her only gay friends. Graf has been close friends with Patrice Tarabini since they were 13 years old. Tarabini is gay. Graf also was close to Inés Gorrochategui, also suspected of being gay. Sabatini, Tarabini and Gorrochategui were all from Argentina.

Graf and Stubbs are still close friends today. I suspect Graf is bisexual, and I think she and Agassi are the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 11802/03/2013

R119 cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 12002/03/2013

I never understood how Chris Evert got away with half the crap she did. She married John Lloyd, who was hot as hell, then had an affair with aging British rocker Adam Faith. Lloyd forgave her and they reconciled then she was rumored to have had an affair with Huey Lewis and later Andy Mills. She and Lloyd divorced and she married Mills.

She and Mills were married for many years and had three sons. The couple is best friends with Greg Norman and his wife. Evert and Norman "fall in love" and both file for divorce. They are critical of Norman's wife for fighting the divorce and a larger settlement, even though she was the one who turned his multi-millions into many multi-millions through her business decisions.

Evert and Norman marry. One year later, he divorces her. I guess she got what was coming to her personally, but the bad publicity never seems to stick to her.

by Anonymousreply 12102/03/2013

Wearing skirts and dresses doesn't make instantly feminine, r118. And her husband makes her look sort of butch in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 12202/03/2013

She looks plenty feminine to me, R122.

by Anonymousreply 12302/03/2013

R114 and me beg to differ. She is far from being a bull dyke but she's also very far from being a Ana Ivanovic.

by Anonymousreply 12402/03/2013

Andre Agassi is a lot like Ernest Hemingway, in my opinion... Substance abuse issues and anger informed by strong, unwanted homosexual tendencies. I bet Andre knows his way around many a massage table.

That being said, I believe that Andre and Steffi are really in love. They probably give each each other permission to fulfill the other desires they can't sate with each other.

by Anonymousreply 12502/03/2013

Or may be Steffi fucks him with a strap on. Remember that TMZ article where they were seeing at a sex shop?

by Anonymousreply 12602/03/2013

R106 and r107, there's a difference between rumour and complete bullshit. Is it permissible to say that much of what is being presented on this thread as rumour is in fact complete bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 12702/03/2013

Who the fuck are you to point fingers on what is bullshit and what is not, r127? God?!

by Anonymousreply 12802/03/2013

[R127] of course it's "permissible" but you've already said it at least twice now according to troll-dar. You read like a homophobe.

What people are asking you is do you have to say it over and over?

There's a lot of tennis gossip and fantasy that's never been corroborated, like Stefan Edberg and Pete Sampras, or more curiously, the story of Edberg getting caught with an underage player or ball kid in a locker room. The first kind is fun, the second is scurrilous.

But we're adults here and can tell the when gossip is just that -- it all is until it's proven.

Can't you just relax?

by Anonymousreply 12902/03/2013

R128, apparently, according to the witty r106, we have permission to say whatever we want on this thread, so I'm saying many of the "rumours" here are in fact complete bullshit. Beyond that, however, I'm also pointing out the broader point that there is a difference between rumour or gossip and bullshit. And the bullshit gets in the way of the real gossip.

So, if it's not bullshit, are you therefore claiming that everything said here is entirely true?

by Anonymousreply 13002/03/2013

R122, Chris "got away" with it because it's not really public business. She never let the drama interfere with her business on court and people respected her for her game. I know a lot of people complain about her commentary, but I will always remember how supportive she was of Martina, how she rarely lost her temper on court, found a way to smile and kept playing until she just couldn't win anymore. If there was an image of on-court dignity, it was Chris.

You could say there was bias because she was "America's sweetheart" but despite the palimony scandal BJK went through and all of Martina's affairs, most people don't care about those either.

by Anonymousreply 13102/03/2013

R130 are you really that fucking stupid?

No one has said it's absolute Truth. That's why people are saying it's rumor and gossip and not fact.

What exactly is wrong with you? We get it. You think it's bullshit.

Stop shitting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 13202/03/2013

R130 etc., instead of rushing to post to prove your genius point that all gossip is not absolute truth, why don't you take a break and read a little.

I just explained to you that we all know it's not proven true at R129.

Let it go. Others are right. You are annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13302/03/2013

Dear r129, I said it twice, and now three times, because it was my first post was commented on and I was responding. Like I'm responding to you, which means I'll just say it again.

Why does saying that a lot of what some people claim is rumour is in fact bullshit make me a homophobe? Seems more to me that those gay people who try to make straight celebrities out to be gay have an internalised homophobia. According to this internalised homophobia, gay lives must be so drab and depressing we need to create fantasy worlds filled with glamorous closet cases, unreachable figures of desire about whom we can fantasise because we won't be able to find real love in our gay lives.

Claiming that if a woman is friends with a lesbian then she too must be a lesbian can be read as homophobic. Claiming that a woman who plays tennis is a lesbian, despite everything else about her being completely heterosexual, can also be read as homophobic.

I mean, if you conclude from what I wrote that I'm a homophobe, all I can conclude is that your powers of "reading" are extremely poor so that much of what you claim to be rumour is in fact a serious misreading of a few highly misunderstood phrases you heard here and there.

Since we can say what we want and no one can shout us down, I'd like to say that "rumours" that Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi are bisexual and that Steffi had an affair with Gabriella Sabatini are bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13402/03/2013

How many young and up and coming players did Martina, BJ and Rosie seduce? Someone once claimed that Martina N and BJ used to scout young players, not to figure out their games but because they were on the lookout for fresh meat. So I think even Pammie Shriver who's still in the closet and pretending to be str8 probably got her wares sampled by the two power lezzies.

Did BJ seduce Martina when she first arrived in America from Prague?

by Anonymousreply 13502/03/2013

R134, don't accuse people of reading problems when you can't read that people have told you over and over it's not a fact.

You can't be reasoned with. Again, we get it, like we got it the first four times you said it.

You are a real winner.

by Anonymousreply 13602/03/2013

Nobody claimed that having a lesbian friend INSTANTLY makes you a lesbian. They said that Steffi had many lesbian friends on the tour FACT, that Peter Graf payed a guy to be Steffi's boyfriend so "they wouldn't think Steffi was lesbian" FACT , all things that happened around the time the Graf/Sabatini rumor took off FACT and some people especulated on Andre's supposed homophobia. For some reason the rumors of the Sabatini/Graf affair and Steffi/Andre being bisexual disturbes you and you think the whole thread is bullshit. We got it. Now GTFO!

by Anonymousreply 13702/03/2013

I was told that Martina was more honorable that people tend to think and she supposedly rejected Andrea Jaeger

by Anonymousreply 13802/03/2013

Andrea Jaeger apparently ended up being a nun.

by Anonymousreply 13902/03/2013

That story is true, R138. Jaeger was a crazy hot mess at the time and even Martina could see that she was bad news. Chrissie was badly burned by the fiasco with Greg Norman and copped lots of criticism. Notice how she's made a big public show of not dating any men since Greg. I'm sure she's still gobbling cocks in private but that's another story. Kind of ironic that Martina is happily settled down now with a family and Chrissie is the one on her own.

by Anonymousreply 14002/03/2013

I'm not a grammar Nazi, R137, but enough: It's "paid," not "payed." Now get over it.

R140, I wonder why Norman dumped Evert. She's typically the one used to doing the dumping. Was he trying to salvage his image?

by Anonymousreply 14102/03/2013

[quote] Kind of ironic that Martina is happily settled down now with a family

The latest gold digger has been with Martina for two or three years now. How long before Martina moves on to the next one?

by Anonymousreply 14202/03/2013

Martina has terrible taste in women, it seems. Still, she's a fierce LGBT advocate, and by all accounts, warm with fans.

I'm warming up to Novak. I think he genuinely likes flaunting his wares for the gays, and I look forward to more of his exhibitionism...

Why is tennis still the most closeted sport, though? It's getting even worse than American football at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14302/03/2013

Greg had a younger mistress dating back to his marriage to Laura and didn't bother getting rid of the mistress when he got with Chrissie. I'm guessing there was hell to pay when Chrissie found out. He ended up marrying the mistress not so long ago. Martina's gf owns two successful businesses. Not a gold digger,in my book. And they've been together for six and a half years.

by Anonymousreply 14402/03/2013

Martina's girlfriend was pretty rich herself before Martina. She doesn't need her money, r142

by Anonymousreply 14502/03/2013

Payed is also correct but paid is much more common

by Anonymousreply 14602/03/2013

Pic from the Davis Cup doubles match Czech Rep. vx. Switzerland. These are 4 guys I'd seriously like to fuck.

1) Marco Chiudinelli is just about the hottest guy in the ATP to me, but he never makes the main draws of tournaments anymore unless he gets through qualifying, so I rarely see him play.

2) Stan Wawrinka with his acne-scarred face. He's not stunningly handsome, but he's cute enough and everything below the neck is close enough to perfect for me.

3) Lukas Rosol who was that last person to play Rafa nearly 8 months ago - until the Chilean tournament he's about to start (crossing my fingers that he doesn't withdraw). He's cute enough but I hate the tattooed leg.

4) Thomas Berdych who looks like a former Bel Ami twink.

The Czech's knocked the Fed-less Swiss out.

But the bigger news this weekend is Raonic leading the Canucks to a defeat of defending champs Spain. Wow! It was on a Canadian hard court, but that is still impressive. I wonder if the Spanish team is reconsidering putting up essentially a B-squad of Ramos, Grannolers, and Garcia-Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 14702/04/2013

R147, great thoughtful post, I love it.

You all know about the Wawrinka dirt from a couple of years ago right? That he left his wife and newborn baby saying that he wanted to "concentrate on tennis"? I think he's back with them now. I usually refrain from moralizing, especially with the straights, but I thought that was one bizarre situation.

Out of those four, Rosol has the nicest face to me even if the leg tat is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 14802/04/2013

I knew Stan left his wife not too long after the baby was born, r148, but I hadn't heard that they are back together. I guess that's a good thing. Leaving to focus on his sport sounds like complete PR spin bullshit though. There had to have been a reason he wanted out of the situation.

It was fun to wonder if his relationship with Benoit Paire had something to do with the break up.

by Anonymousreply 14902/04/2013

Bernie Tomic continues to screw up. He was caught speeding again last week and because he was on what amounts to a probational period with his license (due to the his other recent offenses), his driving privileges will now be revoked.

Of course he continues to complain that he's being unfairly targeted. That may be true, but doesn't he have anyone in his life that can drill it into his head that he's gotta be aware and act right, especially because he's made himself so high profile to the police?

by Anonymousreply 15002/04/2013

Bernie Tomic is an immature, spoiled twat.

If Wawrinka would put a bag over his head, I'd fuck him senseless.

Berdych's legs belong in the Sequoia National Forest.

by Anonymousreply 15102/04/2013

Sharapova is not that straight, far from it

by Anonymousreply 15202/04/2013

I like Stan. He has a certain 'rock star' kind of appeal that not many tennis players have.

Berdych and Rosol are both handsome too! And both Czech. Funny that =p

by Anonymousreply 15302/04/2013

^^ Stan is actually not a bad looking guy. So what if he has some acne scarring? =)

by Anonymousreply 15402/04/2013

Rafa comes back very shortly. I think if he's going to last much longer he needs to change it up and go for his shots more. His whole career he's built his success around chasing down as many balls as possible. This has brought him a lot of success but has also wrecked his body before it's time.

by Anonymousreply 15502/04/2013

R149 I assumed the story about him leaving his wife and baby to concentrate on tennis was NOT PR spin which his why I thought it was bizarre. What PR person would tell someone to actually admit that he is leaving his family to concentrate on work? The whole thing is odd all around, not that straights drama is that fascinating.

The picture that R154 posted of Wawrinka and Djokovic is quite sexual. I don't really think either of them are gay but there is definitely some sexual subtext in Djokovic caressing Stan's cheek after slugging it out like beasts (the equivalent of sex) for five hours.

by Anonymousreply 15602/04/2013

When Stan and Rog won the gold medal in doubles in Beijing their celebration photos were quite homoerotic.

by Anonymousreply 15702/04/2013

I agree it's bizarre R156. I suspect it to be a PR concocted phrase because it is the least offensive reason I can think of to explain why a guy would be leaving his wife and newborn baby. What I mean is that it doesn't place blame on either party for doing anything to negatively impact the marriage (like abuse or cheating).

I mean it's a shitty situation - they'd only recently gotten married, and it was totally a shotgun wedding - it's funny to see how big she was in their wedding pics. Then he wants out less than a year later? There had to have been something going on that we don't know about, but if they didn't want to have everyone knowing their personal business, the easiest story to tell is that he needs to focus on his career.

Stan's reputation takes a hit either way, but he'd probably be seen as more of an asshole if the real story was known...like if he was fucking someone else, or whatever. So that's why I think the 'focus on tennis' excuse sounds like someone advised him that it was better than anything else he could say.

Plus, the tennis season is 11 months of the year and he is away from home for much of that time. The family doesn't have to travel with him (I know Mirka disagrees) so they certainly could have lived mostly separately while he continued to play without them having to make any public statement about getting a divorce - if that's what they wanted.

Agreed, all very bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 15802/04/2013

You make good points R158.

I don't know why we don't see more scandals in tennis since, as you pointed out, they are traveling for 11 months out of the year and very few of the wives and girlfriends travel with the players full time. There is no way that men don't seek a little release with either men or women depending on their preference after all of that grueling training and playing.

I suspect that many players have callgirls or rentboys lined up in different cities.

by Anonymousreply 15902/04/2013

J-Cap was as the Super Bowl yesterday. Among her tweets was a pic with Josh Henderson from the reboot of Dallas.

Was Pammie Shriver there for her beloved Ravens?

by Anonymousreply 16002/04/2013

My favorite player Volandri won 6-2 6-1 today in the tournament Rafa is playing in, hopefully he has a good tournament!

As for scandals, tennis players are really pretty boring. At least their lives on tour are. A lot of working out, training, massages, ice baths, therapy, sleeping, and eating, as well as events promoting the tournament, press conferences after matches. There are definitely things that happen behind closed doors, but not as much as people think.

by Anonymousreply 16102/04/2013

Francis- you're back! I thought we had lost you forever. I remember you from the earlier Gays and Tennis threads.

I've taken a liking to Djokovic since this Australian Open. Like someone else upthread, I like that he isn't afraid to flaunt his body, I suspect for us gays (and women, I'll begrudgingly admit). Do you have any dish on him? He's always smirking as if he's thinking something dirty and I'm convinced he's a secret freak.

by Anonymousreply 16202/04/2013

Yes, I'm here and still as obsessed with tennis as before hahaha.

I've read and heard rumors regarding Nole and his bodyguard, but then his bodyguard was seen with Ivanovic. Personally, I think he's straight and I've never believed any gay rumors about him, and everyone whose close to him says that he truly is a class clown type and it's not an act. I'm sure he knows there are guys who think of him as attractive and he works it, he's the type who IMO wants people to enjoy him and does what he feels he needs to do to please fans. He's a smart guy. He reads a lot and he's pretty politically minded, and also very religious.

by Anonymousreply 16302/04/2013

Francis: I think he's straight too but one of those straight men who enjoy us gays drooling over them, as you said. He lives for attention and it's just as flattering (if not more) when it comes from guys. Bless straights like him.

Do you know if Nole fucks around (with presumably women) on the DL? I noticed the grating girlfriend the cameramen usually love wasn't there this Australian Open.

by Anonymousreply 16402/04/2013

Personally, from everything I've read and heard, he's crazy for his GF Jelena, and they're often inseparable off the court. She was in Belgrade taking care of Nole's father whose sick. She's really become apart of the family so I don't see Nole cheating on her, ever, but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 16502/04/2013

I thought I heard some rumblings about how his parents don't care for her but maybe that's changed.

I think we would all be interested in anything else you have to share about any of these guys too. Anything on Murray? He often seems the most human out of the top men, very down to earth despite his whining on the tennis court.

by Anonymousreply 16602/04/2013

Nole and Jelena's relationship was a little up and down until the last few years. They've been together a long time. Their relationship was a bit on and off and yes, her relationship with the family was the same. Djokovic's family is very protective. But the last few years after their latest off moment the two have seemingly become a lot stronger and Jelena has become a lot more apart of the family and done her part to repair the relationship with Nole's parents.

The big four all have committed, long-term relationships. Coincidence, maybe or maybe not, but it's interesting.

Murray is a lot more well-received off-court than people think, they assume he's disliked or sort of a douchebag, but he's actually a really cool guy. He's sort of a geek, not the most articulate, but he's sort of just you're typical guy. He gave a nice statement when Brits voted him the hottest gay athlete a few years ago. He's a little like a big kid. He likes to play video games a lot and he likes listening to a lot of music and he's big into football. His relationship with his GF Kim is at it's strongest point ever. She used to not really want to go watch him play and then they took time off dating one another.

by Anonymousreply 16702/04/2013

It'll be interesting to see if the guys go through with marrying the these girls who have hung around for years. Federer "had" to because Mirka got pregnant. I bet it's hard for these guys to try to figure out if these women are sticking with them for them or for the money and status.

I know Murray doesn't have the best rep as far as his treatment of tournament personnel (from ballkids to the people who are event staff), but unlike someone like Nole, he probably isn't a people person and therefore finds social interaction draining. I think he's in tennis to play tennis and make some money and doesn't care if he's a star or admired.

Back to some gay dish: Anyone know what Sharapova's deal is? For what seems to be a publicity relationship between her and Grigor Dimitrov, shockingly few people are talking about it or even care. Yet I don't think Sasha Vujacic was a beard. There's a little known video of some concert she and Sasha were at and they're making out on the side of the screen, the videographer just happened to get them in the shot. There were also a couple of people on these threads from years ago who insisted that Nole and Maria slept with each other based on knowing people who know people.

I've heard that Dimitrov is truly straight but dating Serena and Maria back to back has to set off some alarm bells somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 16802/04/2013

Something that's rarely discussed-

Who is smarter Federer or Djokovic? I am assuming that Nadal or Murray are not in the running.

I am impressed with Novak's ability to learn so many languages. I know that he only spent part of his childhood in Serbia...still Federer had a head start in Switzerland. Or is learning languages a sign of anything, on the same level as someone who is great at remembering names?

I am interested, is anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 16902/05/2013

I think Sharapova is truly a lesbian and that Sasha was either a beard or her try at heterosexuality. It's weird that we see pics and a video where they are sort of intimate which are all sort of the same two week period, they get inmediately engaged and we never see them together again in their almost two year engagement. She had a press conference to present the world her engagement ring and she continued with the charade of getting married in November when their relationship was supposed to be over. The hetero guys who want to see Maria and Nole together say the proof of them together is pics of them and a group of people at a night club and in one of them Nole is whisppering something in Maria's ear or viseversa I can't recall. Then the press linked her with the likes of Adam Levine, Andy Roddick and Cristiano Ronaldo. Nevertheless, Ana Ivanovic doesnt any of this shit to prove she's straight.

by Anonymousreply 17002/05/2013

Nole seems to be religious and gayfriendly at the same time which is weird.

by Anonymousreply 17102/05/2013

It interests me too R169. I'll wait to see what some others think before adding my 2 cents.

R171 I think Orthodox Christianity is so closely tied to Serbian culture that it's more something that all proud Serbs identify with rather than necessarily believe in as a purely religious choice. He may be religious in a different way than evangelical Christians in the States are religious.

by Anonymousreply 17202/05/2013

[R171] We still don't know for sure if Nole is gay friendly. Though if we can ignore the flag next to his name, we can see there's a lot more evidence to gay-friendliness than the opposite ;).

by Anonymousreply 17302/05/2013

May be you're right, r172. He truly loves his country and he's a very proud Serbian and Orthodox religion is pretty much tied with them. That being said I can't help but like the guy with his carefree spirit. He also seems to be pretty smart.

by Anonymousreply 17402/05/2013

He seems to get along with the lezzies.

by Anonymousreply 17502/05/2013

I think, without a doubt, that everybody would agree that Federer is a truly smart guy. He is the classiest guy to ever grace the sport.

On another note, Rafa is back on court today with Mónaco in Chile (I think). I wish we could have cameras on the locker room, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 17602/05/2013

Rafa and Pico Monaco are great friends.

by Anonymousreply 17702/05/2013

'He [Fed] is the classiest guy to ever grace the sport.' by Mirka LOL

Let's see how he does between now and Rio in 2016. So far everything has gone his way on the court and off. He may win another slam or two, and the frustration may get to him. It is far too early to classify him as the classiest anything.

by Anonymousreply 17802/05/2013

Rumors about Monaco and Nadal have been around forever.

As to the question of intelligence, can anyone speak to how Nadal comes off in Spanish? I think Djokovic and Federer are both exceptionally smart, but I wonder if that is because it impresses me that they can communicate so fluently in non-native languages whereas someone like Murray is communicating to us in his native language.

by Anonymousreply 17902/05/2013

Ernests Gulbis loses first round of a challenger =(. Sad to see such a talent struggling so much. We're talking about a guy with wins over Djokovic and Federer. Beat Berdych at Wimbledon last year too I almost forgot =O

He's pretty cute too =) Yeah, hope he can figure out this slump, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 18002/06/2013

R179, my Spanish friends aren't impressed by Rafa's intelligence. They think he's a nice guy, but basically a dumb jock.

by Anonymousreply 18102/08/2013

I miss Robin Soderling =(

by Anonymousreply 18202/09/2013

I don't think Djokovic is especially smart. He's closer on the spectrum to Rafa, who has a very average intellect.

by Anonymousreply 18302/09/2013

I love Rafa, but suspect he's on the low side of average. Ditto many of the tennis players, including Federer. Most of them drop out of high school the moment they can and are not exactly autodidacts.

by Anonymousreply 18402/09/2013

Nadal is quick of foot and slow of thought, IMO. Federer and Djokovic seem bright to me.

by Anonymousreply 18502/09/2013

As with the majority of athletes (even those that get college degrees), Rafa is probably not well versed in pursuits such as science or politics.

But he does demonstrate thoughtfulness and speaks intelligently about subjects that are relevant to the business of his profession. He has been at the forefront of debates about increased vigilance of drug testing, the pros/cons of a player union, and battling the ATP over the schedules and appearances they force upon players. I see him as a great and positive spokesman and ambassador for the sport.

Plus he has been smart and realistic about his long term viability as a competitor. He manages his injuries well and doesn't do things to jeopardize recovery - like rushing to get back on the court. He's doing what he can to enable himself to play for several more years, but he's also well aware that his career could end any time unexpectedly and has plans for his post-tennis life.

And regarding that, he just started his own sports management business. He left IMG at the end of 2012 and now has his own agency that I'm sure he hopes will represent athletes from various sports.

He's definitely no dummy. Now I'm not sure he'd by high on the list of names I'd want to recruit for my academic decathlon team, but I'd certainly select him before many other well-known athletes.

by Anonymousreply 18602/09/2013

I dunno, R186. A lot of what you right is probably having good people around him.

I think Uncle Toni is nobody's fool.

by Anonymousreply 18702/10/2013

right = write

by Anonymousreply 18802/10/2013

Nadal comes across as being not particularly smart partly because he has few of Federer's or Djokovic's foreign language skills. Also, it's difficult to tell whether he's really in charge on his 'team' as opposed to his uncle.

by Anonymousreply 18902/10/2013

Nadal loses in his comeback.

Doh!

by Anonymousreply 19002/11/2013

Zeballos (who beat Nadal) is kinda cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 19202/11/2013

[R192] Nice body =p

by Anonymousreply 19302/14/2013

Anyway Rafa's only been back one tournament and I'm already sick of him (sweet booty aside =p). He can't stop running his damn mouth.

First he claims ATP don't care enough about their players 'cause they have too many hard-court events, but an actual fact, Rafa's big injury breaks in '09 and '12 came after the CLAY season, not hard-courts.

Then he said Djokovic has been lucky and he wouldn't be winning so much if he wasn't injured...*Casts mind back to '11 when Rafa lost to Novak in like 7 straight finals...*

by Anonymousreply 19402/14/2013

The homogenization of tennis, for example, the slowing down of the courts to make them all play similarly regardless of surface type, came about mainly because the male players moaning about having to adjust to the different the surfaces. Nowadays all we ever hear is the guys moaning about the courts, but they brought it upon the selves and should just shut up. The majority of the ATP have been showing themselves for what they really are lately: ignorant, bigotted, misogynistic, whingey spoilt brats that throw their toys out of the proverbial pram every time they don't get exavtly what they want.

by Anonymousreply 19502/14/2013

r194 - It's his livelihood, why shouldn't he speak his mind? I don't think there are that many topics rattling around in his brain. And I doubt Rafa said anything like Djokovic only won because he was lucky, unless Team Nadal has completely changed its brand of humble Island Boy.

by Anonymousreply 19602/14/2013

[R196] It's not the ATP's fault he plays such a physical game-style. The other top players play just as much on HC as he does and they're not limping off injured all the time. Plus, like I said earlier his big injury breaks have come from overplaying during the clay season, not HCs.

About Djokovic this is what he said (full interview in link)

Q: Excuse me? Rafa: Our satellite tv channels have changed in January so that’s why. Well, I did see images of it. What can I say about it? First of all, Djokovic has proven once again that he’s a great competitor he is. Secondly, that he’s a superb tennis player. And thirdly, that he is a player who doesn’t get injured. That’s lucky. He can do what he wants and it all works well for him. Give me two years without an injury and…

What he said didn't look as bad as I'd originally thought actually, but he still can't claim that Novak was lucky to beat him in 7 or so straight finals. If Rafa was healthy enough to make the finals, he was healthy enough to have a shot at winning a fair few.

by Anonymousreply 19702/15/2013

r197 - It's nothing like what you said at all. He says Djoker's lucky to not be injured. Good grief. You're clearly looking for something to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 19802/15/2013

[R198] Luck has little to do with it though. But Rafa's being injured all the time (and Novak not injured) is the result of their respective game-styles, not surfaces or anything else (all the top players have to play the same HC events after all).

My point is, Rafa shouldn't expect so much change by the ATP to it's events when all the other top players get along just fine while having to play them. It's not the ATP's fault Rafa's game-style bangs up his knees.

And now I'm done with that topic =)

by Anonymousreply 19902/15/2013

Murray is the fucking luckiest player!

by Anonymousreply 20002/15/2013

r199 - Part of your original point was that Rafa said something he didn't say at all.

And the rest of it I'm not going to touch, since you're just spouting off without any facts.

by Anonymousreply 20102/15/2013

Congrats to Rafa.

Haters can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 20202/17/2013

It's not like I can't appreciate his good points...

by Anonymousreply 20302/20/2013

Pretty sure you can see Djoko's cockhead here. I would love some of that Serbian sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 20402/21/2013

Djokovic looks really handsome in that pic, r204

by Anonymousreply 20502/22/2013

Forgot to add, I always admired that Rafa let Soderling and Rosol have their days in the sun without even mentioning an injury after their wins. That was very classy of him. He is a good sport usually. Immediately after both of those losses he needed an extended break. A lot of players would've said they were injured but Rafa didn't play that card.

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 20602/22/2013

I also thought Djokovic looked great there but why does he look prematurely 35? In 2011 or thereabouts he morphed into someone who looked much older than his age. Is it a Balkan thing?

Unrelatedly: Anyone know anything about Vika Azarenka? I think she's sort of awkwardly charming (I know, I know, the whole Anxietygate thing at the Australian Open wasn't so great) but I keep reading about how she has a bad reputation. One of the complaints that comes up is that she doesn't treat the line judges or ball kids nicely.

by Anonymousreply 20702/23/2013

Aar, ITA on Rafa's sportsmanship. He never gets petulant when he's losing (unlike the great Federer).

Rafa gives it his all, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy and good sport.

And, dat ASS!

by Anonymousreply 20802/23/2013

Love Djokovic's hairy chest. Mmmm! How disappointing that Rafa shaves all his body hair off.

by Anonymousreply 20902/24/2013

Does Ana Ivanovic have an eating disorder?

I heard some Aussie commie saying she's now on a gluten-free diet, but the woman looks unhealthy to me.

by Anonymousreply 21002/24/2013

R210, I once asked an Argentine tennis reporter what was wrong with Ana and he said that she had an eating disorder. This was about an year ago.

by Anonymousreply 21102/26/2013

[R210][R211] Nutrition is such an important part of tennis. Would Ana really be a top 20 tennis player if she had an eating disorder? One would think she'd have no stamina, would probably have to walk off sick from matches etc. all the time. She's my favourite lady player so the thought of an eating disorder is really frightening, but bias aside I really doubt she has one.

by Anonymousreply 21203/02/2013

Eating disorders are not uncommon with tennis players. Zina Garrison and Carling Bassett have both talked about their struggles. I'm not sure if Daniela Hantuchova has ever discussed her problems, but it was suspected she had a disorder in her earlier years.

by Anonymousreply 21303/02/2013

Kevin Spacey is sitting between 2 hot pieces of ass (meaning not Andy Murray) during this disappointingly one-sided Rafa/Fed match.

by Anonymousreply 21403/14/2013

Djokovic played like shit against Del Potro today.

Hope Del Potro can take advantage and win his first Masters 1000 tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 21603/16/2013

I guess rumors of Nadal's demise were a bit premature. Indian Wells is what, his fourth title since returning to the tour - on hardcourt no less. And he beat 3 top tenners along the way.

by Anonymousreply 21803/18/2013

Djokovic didn't want to play a fired up Rafa with nothing to lose.

He saw how Rafa gave Roger a beating, with all the pressure actually on Roger since Rafa was expected to be weak.

Rafa comes in, proves a point, and promptly cancels Miami. We'll see how he holds up over the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 21903/20/2013

You have to credit Rafa. He's come back and earned a 17-1 record. Even though I dislike his manner as a tennis player I like him as a person off-court too. I suppose if he wasn't so intense to the point of almost psychotic he wouldn't win as many matches, so yeah, respect =).

by Anonymousreply 22003/20/2013

It was pretty smart of Rafa to to cancel Miami

by Anonymousreply 22103/20/2013

R219, I don't think Djokovic lost in purpose to avoid playing Nadal. Djokovic was winning the final set of his match against Del Potro but then just fell apart. I hope he's not injured because he was playing with tape on his elbow. Anyway, Djokovic has no reason to be afraid of Nadal on hard courts. I expect Nadal to dominate the upcoming clay season unless Djokovic can miraculously figure out a way to beat him on clay again.

I tune out for a lot of clay court season. It's hard to watch clay tennis.

by Anonymousreply 22203/20/2013

I love clay tennis now. I did not used to, but I love how they construct points, the execution, the sliding, the grinding. It can be pretty exciting. I find Nadal thrilling, some of his shots (banana shot, down the line, cross court) on clay are incredible.

I also love Djoko, Federer, Del Potro.....

by Anonymousreply 22303/20/2013

Justine Henin just had a baby with her boyfriend.

I'm still not entirely convinced that she's not a lesbian though.

by Anonymousreply 22403/21/2013

Uncle Toni: “Federer has beaten us more than once with Rafael having significantly more pain than [Roger] was in at Indian Wells,” Toni Nadal told Puntodebreak.com. “I'm clear that the situation of Federer [at Indian Wells] was no worse than that Rafael has had on many other occasions.”

Gotta love embarrassing tennis relatives...especially the ones who had no career of their own and are just living through their successful protege's.

by Anonymousreply 22503/21/2013

I'm glad Uncle Toni said that. I know Fed is the GOAT, but the simple fact is that Rafa has owned him since day 1 of their rivalry and Rafa is so humble, and most announcers are so far up Fed's ass, that Rafa never gets the respect he's earned. Rafa is the third best player of all time, behind Fed and Laver. And he OWNS Fed, which frankly, is the only reason Fed's GOAT status isn't 100% agreed upon.

I bet Toni is just sick of Fed apologists.

by Anonymousreply 22603/21/2013

r225 - Unca Toni has generally been extremely generous in acknowledging Federer's talent and accomplishments, so I wouldn't read much into some out of context statement.

by Anonymousreply 22703/22/2013

OMG, drama in Miami which isn't being televised ATM =(

Concerning the French players Benoit Paire (who's fucking gorgeous BTW) and Michael Llodra:

I'm not surprised Llodra started somethin'. He doesn't seem the most pleasant. Not too long ago he made a racial insult to an Asian woman in a crowd, was called on it and didn't apologize =O

by Anonymousreply 22803/22/2013

At this stage of Novak's career, it's ridulous to suggest he tanked against Delpo to avoid Rafa. After all Murray lost to Delpo as well, and it took Rafa three sets to put Delpo away.

by Anonymousreply 22903/22/2013

It's not ridiculous. No one said he deliberately "tanked" the match. Don't be absurd.

Novak didn't have the fire to beat through Del Potro in part because he had just seen Nadal thrash Federer and Berdych. There is no way he was fired up to watch Nadal come back and do the same to him.

He can now say Nadal hasn't faced him at his best yet, so that he can be in Nadal's head the next time they have an encounter. Nadal will now be expected to dominate on clay.

by Anonymousreply 23003/22/2013

I don't know R230. I don't think Nole thinks that way. I'm a Rafa fan, but Nole has owned Rafa of late (minus the '12 FO). And Rafa always destroys Fed and Berdych, so that was nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 23103/22/2013

Rafa doesn't always destroy Roger on hard courts, R231. He slaughtered Roger.

Novak did not want the story to be that had Rafa came back and crushed Federer and himself. Rafa thrives on that kind of confidence. The next showdown is now postponed, whether Novak let Rafa get in his head or cracked knowing Del Potro was beating him and Rafa would be worse, we'll never know.

And that suits Novak just fine. No one will remember Indian Wells 2013.

by Anonymousreply 23203/22/2013

Thank goodness R230/R232 is here to share the inner workings of players minds!

by Anonymousreply 23303/22/2013

Why would Djokovic be afraid to face Nadal on hard courts though, even if Nadal had just beaten Federer?

by Anonymousreply 23403/22/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 23503/22/2013

R232, on outdoor hard courts, Rafa leads Fed, the "Greatest Of All Time" 6-2. The only surface Fed consistently wins over Rafa is indoor hard courts (4-0), where Rafa's heavy topspin is neutralized. Again, Rafa beating Fed is never a big deal. It's expected.

And Nole is going to go down as one of the best HC players of all time, behind Sampras, Fed, Agassi, Laver, Connors, Llendl and Mac.

He wasn't afraid to play Rafa on hard courts. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 23603/22/2013

And when Novak lost in the semi-finals at Indian Wells, he had no way of knowing that Rafa would skip Miami.

Even more significant, it took Nadal three sets to win in Palm Springs. No one knows who would have won in a Nadal-Djoker hard-court final.

It's insulting to Novak, a six-time Grand Slam winner, to write that he would be afraid to lose to Rafa...even if you substitute clay for hardcourts.

by Anonymousreply 23703/22/2013

Oh yes R24, that ass has long been legendary. I don't like huge ones like Nadal, really. Roddick and a load of other tennis players are also great but Gasquet and Ryan Phillippe are the ideal I'd say.

Richie is going bald though. :( He's too beautiful to let that happen, hair plugs aren't advisable mostly but for some they should have them to preserve their boyish good looks.

I was a little put off him when someone said he looked like Ben Folds (by god this is true) but Ben Folds was never sexy at all. I wish Reeshard would come out, unless there really is an invisible girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 23803/22/2013

I watched Richard play in the grandstand at last year's US Open. He does have an amazing ass. And Gasquet is arguably the most handsome male tennis player; TV does not do him justice.

I doubt they we will ever know whether he is gay...at least while still playing tennis. Gasquest is currently ranked #10 in the world, but he's so shy and inconsistent in his tennis that it is unlikely his ranking will ever go much higher

by Anonymousreply 23903/22/2013

R169. I wouldn't put Murray in the dumb jock category. I don't know if he finished university but he comes across as quite eloquent and intelligent. It may be a factor that he was one of the pupils involved in the Dunblane massacre. That sort of experience has got to leave a mark.

by Anonymousreply 24003/23/2013

What's up with Djoker's inability to adapt to windy conditions? He played horribly last night, embarrassing to watch really.

by Anonymousreply 24103/27/2013

Djoker posted on Facebook earlier in the day about his concern of the start time (after 9 PM). I wonder if he was sick...let's hope so because it was the worst match he's played in a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 24203/27/2013

Djoker just had a bad day. Fed, Nadal, and (recently) Djoker have really spoiled us. Back when Agassi and Sampras ruled, both often had bad days and would lose to much lower ranked players from time to time. Same with Connors, Borg, Llendl, and Mac. Fed and Nadal just don't seem to lose to lower ranked players if healthy. Novak will be fine. I see him winning the USO and reaching the finals of the FO.

by Anonymousreply 24303/27/2013

Gasquet v Murray in the Miami semis? Damn! Please, can we have footage of them going at it in the showers after the match???

by Anonymousreply 24403/29/2013

I hope Gasquet brings a bag for Murray's face

by Anonymousreply 24503/29/2013

I had the biggest smile on my face when Djokovic lost to a 35 year old mug. Sorry.. don't like him, never did. His nationality is partly to blame. There's a reason why Serbs are so universally hated all over Europe.

by Anonymousreply 24603/29/2013

Nadal eats out Djokovic's musky, firm ass every chance he gets.

by Anonymousreply 24703/29/2013

Sorry Gasquet had the foot injury against Murray. I was surprised by his relatively curt answers in some of the post-victory interviews in previous matches this week.

I know Gasquet is shy, but it seemed every answer was a hint that he did not want another question. Is he always like that? Is he uncomfortable speaking English?

Also, Last night Courier in a text came very close to calling Gasquet a head case. Right away, the announcers knew they made a mistake in reading the text on the air. But isn't it the private opinion of many in tennis. Certainly French tennis writers seem to believe it as well. Poor Richard!

by Anonymousreply 24803/30/2013

I want Masha to fuck me with a strap on and I'm gay

by Anonymousreply 24903/31/2013

You know she can do that with her clenching fist right?

Btw I really like the pep talk from Masha's coach before she got bagaled in the third.

by Anonymousreply 25003/31/2013

ha! Cunt supreme Shriekpova played her best against Serena in years and still got a beatdown. At least she has her candy...

by Anonymousreply 25103/31/2013

Re: Gasquet, I was watching his match against Murray and he had a bit of a meltdown with the chair umpire over a time violation warning (Mary!). They did a closeup of his face when he was arguing and he was oddly furious, unnaturally so. He did strike me as having some sort of mood disorder. Beautiful man though, love those cakes.

by Anonymousreply 25203/31/2013

Yes, I would say that Gasquet completely lost it over the time violation. He was right; he should have received a warning first. But, his anger reminded me of McEnroe at his worst. I try to see at least one of his matches each year at the US Open. He has always been very professional, but quite aloof...rarely interacting with the crowd. I never thought I would ever compare a Gasquet angry meltdown to McEnroe's.

It's great to see him play in person. I find myself watching his amazing ass more than his almost as amazing backhand.

by Anonymousreply 25303/31/2013

Gasquet's shoulders still slope. Has he finished puberty yet?

by Anonymousreply 25403/31/2013

I was pulling for Ferrer, he may never get this opportunity again.

by Anonymousreply 25503/31/2013

Serena won and Murray won. I'm thrilled. Exciting comebacks for both of them!

by Anonymousreply 25603/31/2013

Yes, the comebacks made both matches exciting but I still feel bad for Ferrer.

by Anonymousreply 25703/31/2013

Ferrer is a sweetie with a complex. He rarely has been able to step up against the big 4 and that plays into his mentality greatly when he plays.

by Anonymousreply 25803/31/2013

There is an interview of Djokovic on YouTube but I can't find it now. He said in Serbia boys play team sports and if "you play tennis people think you are gay" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 25904/01/2013

Anyone else love Berdych's legs in his newly short shorts?

by Anonymousreply 26004/01/2013

Love everything about Berdych! Although, I do think Andy Murray has better legs

by Anonymousreply 26104/01/2013

[R261] Glad that Berdych is starting to get his due recognition. He is a very good looking bloke. I've noticed since around '12 AO/that beach video and now that he's wearing shorter shorts this year more people are starting to notice (pic below

I think the other Andy (Roddick) had the best legs TBH. They were flawless! And he was shorter (slightly) than both Murray and Berdych.

by Anonymousreply 26204/01/2013

Yes [R262] I'm one of those guys who are noticing how good looking Berdych is. I think it's because he's getting more muscular as he grows older, and it also makes his face more handsome. I've also noticed he's one of the better dressed players at event parties.

by Anonymousreply 26304/01/2013

Love Berdych's shorter shorts and Murray's more fitted shirts. I hated seeing all the guys like Roddick in shirts two sizes too big.

That bitch who writes at cnnsi is always mocking them though.

by Anonymousreply 26404/01/2013

R264 Roddick and James Blake too.

by Anonymousreply 26504/01/2013

I'd enjoy this picture set more if it was a bunch of candid shots of Murray and Valverdu together on one of their beach vacation trips.

by Anonymousreply 26604/01/2013

Thanks [R266] for the link. So hot!

btw, have you seen the behind-the-scenes video of Murray's RADO watch commercial? There's a very short candid segment at the end with Danny. I thought he's so cute too, and there really seems some sexual tension between them

by Anonymousreply 26704/01/2013

Andy Murray has terminal tinynip. So does Djokovic, sadly...

Which male tennis players actually have normal-sized nips?

by Anonymousreply 26804/01/2013

Frank Dancevic has decent nips, r268.

by Anonymousreply 26904/01/2013

[R268] Simon and Tsonga.

by Anonymousreply 27004/02/2013

I don't have time to Google it now, but, there's a picture of Djoker shirtless online wearing light blue shorts after practicing. He clearly has a slight erection.

by Anonymousreply 27104/02/2013

r271, I don't think this could be it, but a girl can dream :-)

by Anonymousreply 27204/04/2013

French Davis Cup team.

by Anonymousreply 27304/06/2013

[R273] That is some photo!

by Anonymousreply 27404/10/2013

Not sure if this has ever been raised in the previous 4 threads but does Novak Djokovic have an eating disorder? He is so thin almost frail looking. He could easily stand to gain 10 to 20 lbs. I wonder if he suffers from anorexia? What is the story or is it just really high metabolism?

by Anonymousreply 27504/10/2013

Kinda sweet pic of Andy and Danny touching.

Andy has a great ass, but I think Danny's the bottom one

by Anonymousreply 27604/14/2013

R276, gotta ask... Who's Danny? I followed your link, but found no Danny photos.

by Anonymousreply 27704/15/2013

r275 - Right before Djokovic has his unbeatable period, he started doing the gluten-free thing and seemed to have developed a whole new fitness system that he's quite private about. I think he's a bit superstitious about his routines and maybe that's resulted in some dietary weirdness.

He looks like a pencil next to hockey player Alexander Ovechkin (Kirilenko's BF). Ovechkin's a big guy, but he's not huge.

by Anonymousreply 27804/15/2013

[R277] - I'm referring to Andy Murray's hitting partner, friend and rumored lover Daniel Vallverdu.

According to Wikipedia, he "has a long standing friendship with Andy Murray, whom he met while at the Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy in Barcelona where they lived in the same residency.[5] They practised together and became close friends."

He is the one wearing a long-sleeved shirt in the link at 276 above. He is actually much cuter than Andy. I think they look so hot together.

by Anonymousreply 27904/15/2013

Thanks, r277. For some reason I was being given p 11, while the Vallverdu pics are on p 12. I did a google search for pics of the two of them together, and I must admit I see what you mean. In some pics Andy looks totally gay, and it's usually the onesehere he's with Vallverdu.

by Anonymousreply 28004/15/2013

Why are we still talking about that homophobic douche Djokovic? His country is a racist and homophobic shithole. They can't even hold a gay pride parade without gays being violently attacked by the nazi skinheads, which there are a lot of in Serbia. There's a reason they're hated all over Europe. They have a really, really bad reputation. They're probably the most hated people after the Roma people. Serbs are known as hooligans, they have organized crime, and mafia gangs, and they supported a mass murderer (Mladic) for 20 years, not only supported him, but helped hiding him. The only reason they released him is because they wanted to be a part of the EU, and it was one of EU's many demands. Another demand from the EU is that Serbia acknowledge Kosovo as a country, but they refuse to do that, so EU membership looks bleak. Lets be real here though, they're really doing Europe a favor, because nobody wants that nation as a part of EU anyway.

"60 % of Serbians disapprove of homosexuality, and 1/3 condone violence to disrupt gay events." Sounds like a very gay friendly country alright!

by Anonymousreply 28104/15/2013

Andy Murray does have a terrific ass! It goes towaste if he has a totally straight sex life... which I think he does. I have never heard any gay rumors on Andy until this thread!

by Anonymousreply 28204/16/2013

What R281 said.

by Anonymousreply 28304/16/2013

Really, you decide to dislike a tennis player because you don't like his country. You don't even know what's his attitude towards gays.

by Anonymousreply 28404/16/2013

What do you guys think of Ernest Gulbis?

by Anonymousreply 28504/17/2013

Gulbis is great to have on the circuit - and fun to watch on court - but he is a bit of a dick. Very self-involved - only does want he wants to do, and fuck anyone else. Not popular with the ATP people. But despite that, he really does have a charm about him.

by Anonymousreply 28604/17/2013

It's the anti-Serbia poster again. I've never heard of Djokovic saying anything remotely homophobic or anti-gay. Do you hate everyone from every country that oppresses gays? If 60% of Serbs disapprove of homosexuality, that means that 40% do not. Hopefully progress will be made there in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Djokovic himself is bi.

Gulbis seems like he's a dick but very upfront about the fact that he's a dick, which I think is the charm, R286.

That's interesting gossip about Andy and Daniel Vallverdu. Andy doesn't ping to me at all, he just seems like your average boring straight guy who likes video games.

by Anonymousreply 28704/17/2013

As for R272's pic, very nice but aren't those tennis balls? Sorry to kill any fantasy

by Anonymousreply 28804/17/2013

[R285] He's pretty cute IMO. He's making big strides with his results these days. He's always had the talent but now he's getting the focus to go with it.

RE: Djokovic, I'll agree on one thing - he's way too skinny. It's not attractive. Not that he was ever very conventionally good-looking, but yeah, much too skinny.

by Anonymousreply 28904/17/2013

r288, of course they're tennis balls—Djokovic is obviously playing sillybuggers, and I was having a bit of a dig.

As for Gulbis, r285, r286, r287, and r289, he might be a dick (and, from what I've seen, very erratic and mentally flakey), but I wouldn't ask him to leave if I happened to find him in my bed. Pic below.

by Anonymousreply 29004/18/2013

Novak is not homophobic, he asked a kid (boy) out to hit with him recently who said he wanted to marry him. He has done videos in drag with Victor Troiki, one of his best friends and it is pretty clear he is not homophobic. He lives in Monte Carlo with a very beautiful girlfriend who is pretty much by his side all the time.

Ditto Andy Murray who travels and lives with his girlfriend, also a real beauty.

Anyone who thinks 25 year old tennis champions would go so far as to live with (by coincidence) beautiful young women who fret in the players boxes over their boyfriends matches- are somehow manipulating a false front with beards, are well, nuts.

Not everyone is gay you know- and there are gay men on the tour. They are very closeted, or not so closeted (Tommy Robredo) as remains the case in all men's professional sports.

But Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Murray are not among them. I have watched them each up close in matches and practicing for years. Not a one of them remotely pings, although all are quite sophisticated- perhaps because tennis is an international sport. They are very aware that they have gay fans- seen it at the US Open and they appear to appreciate them as much as any other fan. All of them have been traveling the world since they were about 15.

by Anonymousreply 29104/18/2013

r291 - Because the most alert fangirls can always detect a closet case from the way he swings his racquet? You sound a bit nuts yourself.

by Anonymousreply 29204/19/2013

R291, I appreciate your insights but no one said that all of the tennis players are gay. Gossip like the Andy Murray stuff posted above is probably bullshit and we all know it, but it's still fun to read and what this site is for after all. Also, 20 something men in the public eye can have girlfriends and still be on the DL. What incentive do the women, who I assume are primarily in the relationship for status, money, and a nice lifestyle, have to care?

by Anonymousreply 29304/19/2013

Tennis.com just ran an opinion piece about how it's time for a gay ATP player to come out. There is nothing really new in the story as different publications and websites have published variations on the theme for several years now. They seem to use the recent news about the possibility of an NFL player (or players) coming out as a reason to discuss the lack of publicly out gay men in tennis.

So the story itself contains no news and isn't very interesting, but some of the comments from the readers are. Sometimes when I read the nonsense that people believe, I understand how a pro athlete wouldn't necessarily want to deal with people's comments and opinions and would just stay closeted and focus on their game.

by Anonymousreply 29404/19/2013

[quote]Novak is not homophobic, he asked a kid (boy) out to hit with him recently who said he wanted to marry him. He has done videos in drag with Victor Troiki, one of his best friends and it is pretty clear he is not homophobic. He lives in Monte Carlo with a very beautiful girlfriend who is pretty much by his side all the time.

Actually, chances are he is homophobic, since he's a serb. That "marry me" moment looked fake from the start. Quite unlike the "he said he loved me" moment with Nadal, which was obviously spontaneous. Face it, Spaniards are gay friendly, serbs are gay bashers.

Appearing in drag doesn't exclude him being homophobic. Djokovic is an attention whore. He does everything to gain attention, which is why I think the "marry me" was a set up. It didn't seem like him at all. Oh, and btw, I'm sure he panders to the gay fans, but again.. it's just because he enjoys being an attention whore. It's not because he's gay friendly.

I still don't understand why you guys would support a player from a gay hating country like Serbia. There's a reason serbs are the most hated people in Europe. They have a horrible reputation, especially from the time where they massacred the muslim population in Serbia. Oh yeah, and hiding and protecting a mass murderer for years isn't exactly doing wonders for their image either. Oh, and btw, most serbians actually support Mladic and agree with what he did. It's like most Norwegians would agree with what Breivik did. Do you now understand why most serbs are scum?

This is from wikipedia "Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Serbia may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents."

And here's an article about the government banning gay pride parades, because that's easier than dealing with the serbian nazi skinheads violently attacking them. Yes, you're right. Serbia is such a fantastic country! LMAO

by Anonymousreply 29504/19/2013

Here's more from wikipedia about the gay hating attitudes in Serbia.

[quote]Gays and lesbians continue to face discrimination and harassment in Serbia. The majority of Serbian people display vast anti-gay attitudes. There have been numerous instances of violent gay-bashing, the most extreme during the first Belgrade Gay Pride.

by Anonymousreply 29604/19/2013

R296, you just described the majority of Americans. You can say things have changed in the last two years, but based on your bigoted logic, you're all most likely homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 29704/19/2013

R291 sounds like Charlie! But I agree with everything he said- except that I do think Nadal is gay.

by Anonymousreply 29804/19/2013

I don't know if the "marry me" moment with Djokovic was fake or not, but what homophobic man would set up a fake moment with a boy asking him to marry him so he could invite him onto the court?

We get it, you like Nadal and dislike Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 29904/19/2013

I don't find Gulbis remotely charming - more of a douche - though I do think he is talented with lots of potential. However, coming from a very wealthy family he doesn't have the drive that a lot of tennis players have to succeed. It's more something for him to do until he inherits his father's millions.

by Anonymousreply 30004/19/2013

R298, it's totally charlie. GOOD CALL!

by Anonymousreply 30104/19/2013

So it's a Rafa/Nole final again! Who will come on top this time?

by Anonymousreply 30204/20/2013

LOL to that phrasing R302. I hope Nole, but with Rafa on clay it's one of those 'I'll have to see him lose to believe it' things.

by Anonymousreply 30304/20/2013

If Rafa wins tomorrow, I predict he wins the French and Wimby.

by Anonymousreply 30404/20/2013

What happened? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 30504/21/2013

I don't think there's just one anti-Serbia troll. I, for one, am wary of the motivations of Balkan players. You will recall that Goran Ivanisevic was a homophobic terror.

by Anonymousreply 30604/21/2013

Yeah but Nole paraded around in a wig and pretended to make love to his teammate. Different situation.

by Anonymousreply 30704/21/2013

DIE, already, you tiresome Serb hater. Novak has done NOTHING to indicate he's homophobic, quite the contrary. Congrats to him on a great win today.

And as much as I'd love to believe that Rafa is gay, he's obviously not. And Xisca is gorgeous.

Good for Robredo for not being a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 30804/21/2013

Robredo is not in the closet? Andy Murray's birthmark?

by Anonymousreply 30904/21/2013

There are a lot of people who feel that way, R308. I agree with R306 and the many other posters upthread... The Serbs have to prove to us that they have joined modern society.

by Anonymousreply 31004/21/2013

From the Djokovic win today. I know, tennis ball, but still funny considering his stance and expression.

by Anonymousreply 31104/21/2013

Sad watching Verdasco now (playing tennis at least). He was a good one once. Still, he still looks very strong physically (well, judging by his body =p) and still hits the ball well. His inability to win a match looks like it's all in his head.

by Anonymousreply 31204/23/2013

Is Rafa finished for the clay season?

by Anonymousreply 31304/23/2013

The Serbian troll claiming Novak a homophobe based on his native country's social politics is, well, stupid. By the way, Novak lives in Monte Carlo, probably for tax reasons. When I read DL raving about him being gay, or Nadal or Fed... I just think that person know little about them or the game.

Robredo, whose career is pretty much at its end, travels openly with his partner, and lives pretty openly on the tour. According to Billie Jean King a few years ago in a local tennis magazine interview, he is as out as any professional athelete is. He just is not a big star- Nadal and Fed are known among many who know little of professional tennis.

by Anonymousreply 31404/23/2013

R309, I agree about AM's almighty thighs. Sexy as all hell. I wish I were closer to them.

by Anonymousreply 31504/23/2013

Andy's chest, in those tight-fitting shirts, makes me wet!

by Anonymousreply 31604/23/2013

Mirka getting wet...

Tsunami!

by Anonymousreply 31704/23/2013

Goran Ivanisevic is Croatian not Serbian.

by Anonymousreply 31804/23/2013

OK, I can't say I know 100% for sure, but according to a contact very close to Nole, he is most definitely not homophobic. The crazy parents on the other hand ...

by Anonymousreply 31904/23/2013

R319, more on Nole, please.

I think he's quite attractive in spite of his too skinny bod and unfortunate case of tinynips.

His girlfriend needs to sit down and shut up though. Nothing is more annoying than the camera showing her giant head every few seconds. The parents aren't exactly winners either.

by Anonymousreply 32004/24/2013

Fuck you, Brooklyn. Both you and your husband are has-beens. Or more accurately, never-beens. Whereas Fed, Andy, Nole and Rafael are still great and hot too!

by Anonymousreply 32104/24/2013

Come on r321 ! Don't be mean! How do you know A Rod wouldn't be hot after he competes his transition to bear?

by Anonymousreply 32204/24/2013

Perhaps American players should also apologize for their country's voracious appetite for guns, violence and hatred of the poor and elderly.

by Anonymousreply 32304/24/2013

It's obvious that there's not just one 'Serbian troll'. Argue the merits of either side, of course, but don't be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 32404/24/2013

Next someone will blame Novak Djokovic for a Serbian assassinating Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo ninety-nine years ago. An event that many historians believe lead to World War I. In reality I think of Franz Ferdinand as a wonderful rock group...hope does Novak as well.

by Anonymousreply 32504/24/2013

You're right, R322. I can't stand Roddick's, but I have to admit he has a great ass, just like Rafa and Murray

by Anonymousreply 32604/24/2013

[quote]It's obvious that there's not just one 'Serbian troll'.

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 32704/24/2013

Thank you to R319 for answering the "is Djoker homophobic?" question.

One of the more interesting rumors about him was that his mid summer slump last year in which he lost both Wimbledon and the Olympics was that he briefly found himself back with Sharapova (who he'd been with before), who had just ended her own engagement. That's according to someone who's from Belgrade. Any truth to this?

by Anonymousreply 32804/24/2013

Yeah, no one person or ethnic group had preconceived notions of Serbians before this thread existed, moron/R327.

by Anonymousreply 32904/24/2013

(R328), i haven't heard anything about that.

by Anonymousreply 33004/25/2013

Thanks R319. I think people found it plausible considering Sharapova's thing for guys who resemble him. If you have anything else to share about Djoker I know we'd all love to hear some dish (except for our very dear anti-Serbia troll)

by Anonymousreply 33104/25/2013

(R331), not too much to dish that i haven't written about before. He is actually a very affable, very friendly guy and his girlfriend is delightful. There were issues a few years ago with the family because the crazy parents wanted him to dump the girlfriend to concentrate on his tennis and he refused. He is, as many have pointed out, VERY thin and has got thinner yet it doesn't seem to impact his core strength. His relationships with other players are good now - weren't always. Fed did not like him at all in the early years, even refusing to play one exho if Nole was going to play.

by Anonymousreply 33204/25/2013

Thanks R332. I get the sense that Federer even barely just tolerates him now.

Getting away from dish for a sec, I do wonder what will happen to Fed this year. He's having a bad season so far although making it to the AO SF probably isn't so bad for him. It seems that whenever people write him off he somehow bounces back. It would be cool to see him win one more Wimbledon title.

by Anonymousreply 33304/25/2013

Novak is very thin, but also very fit, as his record in 5-set matches would bear out.

I don't Fed likes any players who are able to beat him with any regularity.

by Anonymousreply 33404/28/2013

At this point in their respective careers, I doubt that Djokovic cared whether Federer likes him or not.

by Anonymousreply 33504/28/2013

I was watching the Marrakech WTA final yesterday, and was pleased to see Hicham Arazi is the new tournament director. IIRC, there were rumours aplenty during the 2005 AO in 2005 or so about Hicham hitting the gay bars in Melbourne during his down time. If his sartorial choice at the awards ceremony in Marrakech is anything to go by, then those rumours are almost certainly true. That very D&G-looking suit certainly did great things for his arse, too :-)

by Anonymousreply 33604/29/2013

But let’s give Francesca Schiavone a big thumbs up as well. She’s closing on 33 years of age, and her ranking has been in free fall. Yet she pulled through to win the tournament and was at her gracious best afterward, saying: “I want to give many thanks to everyone who helped make this tournament happen. It’s the first year in Marrakech, and the first year is always difficult, but the tournament was fantastic and I felt like I was at home. And of course to the Tournament Director, Mr. Arazi, it was an honor for me to be here with him.”

That’s a classy way to honor your hosts, especially in so traditional a nation. Well done, Francesca.

by Anonymousreply 33704/29/2013

Arazi pinged for sure, though I never heard the bar rumors.

And talk of him reminds me how much I miss Younes El Aynaoui.

by Anonymousreply 33804/29/2013

And there was also Karim Alami (who never pinged, but was gorgeous to watch on a tennis court).

by Anonymousreply 33904/29/2013

R331 in which way Maria's "ex-boyfriends" resemble Nole?? If anything Maria is the current Sabatini 2.0, an alleged lesbian which was linked to many men.

by Anonymousreply 34004/30/2013

The Monica Seles stabbing was 20 years ago today.

How would the record books be different if she wasn't out of the game for a little over 2 years following the attack?

Would Graf have ever reclaimed the No. 1 ranking that Monica had taken from her? Certainly Steffi's overall number of titles would now look significantly different since Monica was the only one beating her, and with regularity. She had her number.

Unfortunately we'll never know if Monica would have maintained her dominance.

by Anonymousreply 34104/30/2013

Seles didn't have Steffi's number. It was a fenomenon of Monica beating everyone else more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 34205/01/2013

Andy and Mardy - glad they did it, and hope tons more sign up. But why oh why did it take so long for someone from the ATP to do something like this?

by Anonymousreply 34305/01/2013

I think I'm in love with Mardy... So handsome.

by Anonymousreply 34405/01/2013

R308, wow, I should die for stating facts? It's not my fault you support a homophobic douce from the most homophobic and racist country in Europe. Then again, you really wouldn't understand the hate for Serbs unless you lived here, but again.. supporting and hiding a mass murderer for 20 years and killing thousands of albanians should be enough clue about their dirty history. Serbs are gay hating and violent, to the point that they physically attack gay people. I have backed it up with articles too, but go right ahead and continue to defend the disgusting Serbs, it really says more about me than you. I'm gay and would never ever support a gay hating country like Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 34505/01/2013

Wow, props to Roddick and Fish.

Suddenly I like Roddick a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 34605/01/2013

[quote]Seles didn't have Steffi's number.

Of course she did. They played four grand slam finals before the stabbing and Monica won 3. Her only loss was at Wimbledon back when it was actually a fast surface. Their rivalry and dynamic was actually very similar to Federer/Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 34705/01/2013

R345, we could "back up" all sorts of broad bashing of the US with the thousands of times the articles about anti-gay hate in the US. More than half of your country is as bad as any homophobic stereotype you portray.

Again, for the 1000th time, by your fucked-up logic, you're a gay hating homophobe, especially anyone in the red states.

You're a bigot. If the gay community could kick you out, it should.

by Anonymousreply 34805/01/2013

Tennis seems ready for gay male, but none are out Douglas Robson.

USA TODAY Sports 12:37 p.m. EDT May 1, 2013

The tennis community rallied in support of NBA player Jason Collins announcing he was gay Tennis has a history of prominent players being out So far, however, that has been exclusively women As support poured in from the tennis community for NBA player Jason Collins' decision to come out Monday, another question cropped up.

Where are the gay men in tennis?

An individual sport with a history of prominent out athletes such as Billie Jean King, Martina Navratilova and Amelie Mauresmo — No. 1s all — tennis has been conspicuously without an active openly gay male player in the Open era.

In interviews with more than a dozen male and female players over the past few months — from teenager Laura Robson of Britain to 40-year-old doubles specialist Daniel Nestor of Canada — none expressed discomfort with the idea of a gay peer.

And many agreed that simple math suggests they exist. Studies put the percentage of homosexuals in the general population at anywhere from 2%-5%.

"There's got to be someone who plays tennis who is gay," said Sam Querrey, the top-ranked American at No. 19. "Whether they are on the tour now or up and coming, I'm completely fine with it."

Still, most scratched their heads for an explanation.

"I don't know," admitted nine-time Wimbledon singles winner Navratilova after learning about Collins. Navratilova came out during her prime in 1981.

Martina Navratilova praised Jason Collins' decision to announce that he was gay.(Photo: Buda Mendes, Getty Images For Laureus) While 12-year NBA veteran Collins is the first active male in a major American team sport to declare his same-sex preference, several men have come out in baseball, football and basketball, not to mention a variety of other sports from soccer to figure skating to swimming. Until Collins, 34, nearly all did so after retiring.

Some, such as diver Greg Louganis and relay swimmer Bruce Hayes, both Olympic gold medalists, reached the pinnacle of their sport.

At least one male player has come out in retirement: Francisco Rodriguez of Paraguay, a former all-American who competed on the pro tour from 2001-2006 and earned a high ranking of No. 373.

Rodriguez spoke about being gay in a 2008 article in Out Magazine, saying: "'If you came out on the tennis tour you would be an outcast.'"

Pro tennis might not be a bastion of tolerance, but it would appear to contain the framework for gay athletes, male or female, to compete with greater ease.

Players are independent contractors that control their own destiny (in singles). They do not rely on teammates. General managers or coaches cannot thwart or threaten playing time. It is non-contact. They face no external forces except the opponent on the other side of the net.

In searching for answers, players offered several possibilities for the lack of openly gay men and scarcity of publicly out women.

Some wondered if a global sport like tennis might actually be less tolerant due to the complicated matrix of nationalities, languages and religions.

"It's so many different islands," said Mike Bryan, who with twin brother Bob is ranked No. 1 in doubles. "I don't know how everyone feels on that issue."

Others such as American veteran Michael Russell pointed to the timeworn but still persistent idea that locker room etiquette is a deterrent.

"It's pretty open in the locker room," said Russell, who nevertheless said he'd have no problems in that scenario. "Maybe they'd feel uncomfortable."

A few cited the threat economic sanctions in the form of lost endorsements.

"Trust me, Martina and Billie Jean suffered with the endorsements," said 18-time major winner Chris Evert, referring to her rivals and friends Navratilova and King.

Evert said that fear lingers, though that did not seem to affect Frenchwoman Mauresmo, who came out during her run to the Australian Open final as a 19-year-old in 1999 but seemed little penalized during her career.

Evert also argued that staying closeted — or at least not publicly speaking about one's sexuality — stems from a desire for privacy. She noted that some women players continue to travel openly with their partners but have not officially come out.

"I think a lot of people feel that what they do off the court or off the set is nobody's business," she said, comparing professional sports to Hollywood. "People want to keep one part of their life private."

Querrey wondered if gay men naturally gravitate away from sports and were thus less represented.

Rennae Stubbs of Australia, who came out near the end of her career and now is a commentator for television, said macho stereotypes have worked both for and against gay athletes.

"Most people perceive a lot of women athletes as being gay anyway, which is ridiculous because we all know that's not the case," the four-time doubles Grand Slam champion said. "I think it's a lot more difficult for the guys, and not just tennis. Every sport has this issue."

Stubbs came out because she didn't want it "hanging over my head" as she made the transition to other endeavors after retiring.

"The bottom line," she said of coming out, "is that it's a personal preference and some people are very private people. Only they can answer that. I'm a very open person. That's why."

Certainly, the climate for gay athletes is warming.

After hearing about Collins, Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish became the first two male tennis players to join Athlete Ally, an organization dedicated to ending homophobia in sports.

Fish, who lives close to Collins' twin brother Jarron in Los Angeles and has socialized with both brothers, wrote by email that he joined Athlete Ally to be "part of something I believe in."

"I don't know how an openly gay male tennis player would be received but in my eyes nothing would change," said the former top-10 player, who has played sparingly this year due to the ongoing effects of a heart condition. "Hopefully these are the first steps towards a day when this won't be big news."

The 35-year-old Bryans, who attended Stanford University with the Collins brothers and remain friends, echoed most views when they said they don't know any current men who are gay but believe the environment is transforming quickly.

"The world has changed," said Mike. "It's the 21st century. Everyone is more accepting. I don't think anyone would have any issues. But who knows?"

by Anonymousreply 34905/01/2013

"gay men gravitate away from sports"

Nonsense of course. And notice how Arthur Ashe didn't make this article.

by Anonymousreply 35005/01/2013

[quote]And notice how Arthur Ashe didn't make this article.

Why would he be? He's not alive to give the reporter a quote. And he wasn't a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 35105/01/2013

"After hearing about Collins, Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish became the first two male tennis players to join Athlete Ally, an organization dedicated to ending homophobia in sports."

Good to hear that considering Roddick's ass is a power top's dream!

by Anonymousreply 35205/01/2013

I really bought into the media hype about Serena having been a mentor to Sloane Stephens.

Now Sloane seems to be indicating that was never the case.

by Anonymousreply 35305/06/2013

I've had enough of Sloane. If it was so easy to get to the AO semis, why hasn't she made a third round since?

At least Serena backs up her talk.

by Anonymousreply 35405/07/2013

Sloane Tweet.

Sloane Stephens ‏@sloanetweets Guilty of being naive. Much respect 4 @serenawilliams , a champ & the GOAT. We spoke, we're good. ONWARD! #lifelessons

by Anonymousreply 35505/07/2013

Sloane needs an experienced manager or publicist of some sort. She runs her mouth without thinking too much, and tennis journos just eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 35605/07/2013

I don't know what's more embarrassing--Sloane's backtracking on what sound like pretty plausible grounds for disliking Williams, or the fact that they both actually use BlackBerry Messenger.

No, probably the most embarrassing thing is Sloane's referring to Williams as the GOAT. That requires a whole different category of parallel universe to be in place, or a mammoth session of arse licking.

by Anonymousreply 35705/07/2013

R350, there's a great NYT article about kids in the closet overcompensating with academic and/or sporting excellence, so if anything the top rungs of academia and sports (including tennis) should be full of gays...

by Anonymousreply 35805/07/2013

R357, I loathe Serena, but she's fast approaching Graf and Martina as the GOAT. I don't think she'll get there, at least not to Graf. But she's already passed Chrissie and Seles in my book.

It would be like calling Rafa the GOAT on the men's side. Has he passed Fed, Laver and Sampras yet? Probably not. But he's very close and calling him the GOAT isn't like calling, Agassi or Connors the GOAT. It's not a ridiculous assertion.

by Anonymousreply 35905/07/2013

Dimitrov took out Nole. But I don't think he will go far in Madrid...

by Anonymousreply 36005/07/2013

Well, well, well... Dimitrov just ousted Djokovic in Madrid. A future number one, and much-rumoured gayboy (see link below, of a much younger Dimitrov, with the always gorgeous Tursunov), shed a tear or two after his first win over Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 36105/07/2013

Is this Dimitrov's first win against the Big Four?

by Anonymousreply 36205/07/2013

They played at IW in March and it was pretty straightforward for Djokovic.

Good for Dimitrov. I'm not convinced he'll make good on his talents, but here's hoping.

by Anonymousreply 36305/07/2013

R363, yes, it is. Though he's never played Federer, up to tonight he'd never won against Djokovic (0-2); he's never won against Murray (0-3), or Nadal (0-2). Interestingly enough, until tonight's 3-set win against Djokovic, the only player he'd taken a set off was Nadal (doing so, though, in both their matches).

I kind of feel he's the real deal--at least based on what I saw tonight, and the Monte Carlo match against Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 36405/07/2013

Sorry, my reply was meant for r362.

by Anonymousreply 36505/07/2013

Sloane said Serena is a cunt, which is basically news to no one. Then again, who cares? The girl isn't paid to be nice, she's paid to win.

by Anonymousreply 36605/08/2013

I think Dimitrov is the real deal. That Indian Wells match against Djokovic wasn't so straightforward. Dimitrov served for the first set before Novak managed to turn things around. He also went the distance vs. Nadal in Monte Carlo a couple of weeks ago. He's been getting closer and closer over the last few months.

by Anonymousreply 36705/08/2013

Did anyone catch Djokovic yelling at the crowd in Serbian "now you're going to suck my dick"?

by Anonymousreply 36805/08/2013

Are Dimitrov and Masha officially dating each other?

by Anonymousreply 36905/09/2013

[quote]Sloane said Serena is a cunt, which is basically news to no one. Then again, who cares? The girl isn't paid to be nice, she's paid to win

Sloane Stephens sounded like someone who'd had a brief affair with Serena and then been dumped.

by Anonymousreply 37005/09/2013

R369, hot off the (Daily Mail UK) press (see link below), for your viewing pleasure, are photos of "young lovers" Dim and Sharp enjoying "the charm of Madrid" and stealing a kiss on a street corner. The photos are as photo-oppy as any I've ever seen, including similar photos taken of the two in Milan earlier this winter.

I note with great pleasure that the Daily Mail is honest enough to put the article and photos in the Sowbiz section of the paper.

My take is that Dimitrov might be gay, might not be gay, and that Sharapova might be gay, might not be gay--but they certainly ain't no couple.

by Anonymousreply 37105/09/2013

How coincidental that these photos just so happen to be taken the day after Dimitrov got his biggest win!

Dimitrov pings off the charts.

As for Sharapova, who knows. Why is she always with these Balkan guys (seemingly her type) if she's gay? First Djokovic, then the Serbian basketball player, now Dimitrov.

by Anonymousreply 37205/09/2013

Yeah. Not to be the cynic, but that photo op is as staged and as convenient as can be.

What is the point? I suppose it benefits him to increase his name recognition, but I don't see how this is necessary for Maria.

by Anonymousreply 37305/09/2013

Curiouser and curiouser...

Did anyone know that, before he started "dating" Sharapova, Dimitrov was "dating" Serena Williams? Now, if you go from Serena to Sharapova in the time that it takes most players to change their jockstrap, either you're the consummate lothario or your and their agents are working overtime for whatever reason. I can't quite see Dimitrov as this tennis generation's Casanova. And the photo (at link below) certainly doesn't communicate budding love or lust...

by Anonymousreply 37405/09/2013

Yes, R374, you're right. As if his PR (or whoever) floating a rumor about him and Serena wasn't a red flag enough, now he's doing photo ops with Sharapova. My question is why they don't link him with a WTA woman who seems absolutely straight, like an Ivanovic or Kirelinko type.

My question is why Sharapova agreed to do all of this? She does love money and keeping her sponsors happy, so maybe it was a Nike (both she and Grigor are sponsored by them) idea? Mutual bearding also makes sense, but as I pointed out earlier, why does she always "beard" with these Balkan guys who look alike? To me that seems much more in line with someone having a type than beard after beard (like Renee Z's random love life choices).

by Anonymousreply 37505/09/2013

Grigor is a scrawny two-timing BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 37605/09/2013

[quote]Did anyone catch Djokovic yelling at the crowd in Serbian "now you're going to suck my dick"?

Oh, millions of us here in the US did. Where we all speak Serbian and hate Serbians.

by Anonymousreply 37705/09/2013

She and Novak both denied dating each other. There was certain especulation due to a pic of them hanging out at a bar and Maria was also there with Camilla Belle.

by Anonymousreply 37805/09/2013

Maria's starting to look like Martina N in the face in candids.

Speaking of, when will she have enough money to say fuck it and glide off with Camilla Belle? Camilla's acting career isn't going so well. She needs an "Ellen."

by Anonymousreply 37905/10/2013

What is Venus W doing these days? Does she work for Serena?

by Anonymousreply 38005/10/2013

Venus and Andy Roddick just became minority owners of the World Team Tennis.

by Anonymousreply 38105/10/2013

Of course Maria and Novak denied it, R378. Someone who sounded in the know dished on here a long time ago in one of the previous threads that someone close to Djokovic said they definitely had something going on. I don't remember the details but this person seemed generally informed. Even putting Djokovic aside, why use some declining basketball star as your beard? I don't know, I think all of this adds up to more than Maria simply being a lesbian. I do agree that Dimitrov pings to high heaven. Perhaps someone with insider knowledge can enlighten us...

by Anonymousreply 38205/10/2013

I'm loving Rafa in the shorter shorts, and Murray in his tight outfit. I'm not sure whose thighs and ass I prefer. Damm, that's some good cracker.

by Anonymousreply 38305/10/2013

It's true R384 but let's not forget that some people want to see Maria as straight no matter what. The same thing happened to Sabatini 20 years ago. Even today Henri Leconte claims to have had an affair with Gaby eventhough most says she's a lez. Both Sabatini and Sharapova has clelebrities and some douche bags in their list of "boyfirends" and "flings". Either way I can't help but relate the two since they both show similar patterns.

by Anonymousreply 38405/10/2013

I forgot to add that Ana Ivanovic doesn't need to do these kind of stuff to prove she's straight.

by Anonymousreply 38505/10/2013

I don't think Dimitrov is gay, but I do think Sharapova is. The age difference alone raises suspicion -- at that age, the woman being 5 yrs older is a big thing.

There is enough evidence about her, and the whole basketball player engagement was obviously a PR set up. They were barely ever together. The kiss with Dimitrov looks painfully awkward -- there's no way those two have their hands all over each other.

Her agent has already talked about planning her post-tennis career, so if she's in the closet, she's not coming out anytime soon.

Dimitrov, on the other hand, is probably in it for the money. He "dated" Serena Williams last year, too. Lol, while she was really dating her coach.

by Anonymousreply 38605/10/2013

Top four are all out in Madrid. Is this title Nadal's to lose?

by Anonymousreply 38705/10/2013

I'd say yes, R388. But Andujar can play. I've never seem him take on Rafa, but I hope that will be a good match ... and easy on the eye.

by Anonymousreply 38805/11/2013

Andujar is one hot man (if you like hairy and uncut)

by Anonymousreply 38905/11/2013

R383, I'd take Nadal's ass and Murray's chest and thighs.

by Anonymousreply 39005/11/2013

Maria comes off as completely sexless to me. I can't even imagine her masturbating.

by Anonymousreply 39105/11/2013

If Sharapova is in fact gay, she deserves to be outed.

It's one thing if you lead a quiet existence & occasionally show up to an big event with a beard, but the ridiculous engagement with Vujacic and now that sexless pretend kiss with Dimitrov deserves to be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 39205/11/2013

Another lame attempt from Sharapova to appear straight

by Anonymousreply 39305/11/2013

I never believed the Sharapova gay rumors (dating back to the Camilla Belle saga). But these staged pics are too much. Now I'm on board, too.

by Anonymousreply 39405/12/2013

Another thrashing for Sharapova. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 39505/12/2013

Yeah, but I have my boyfriend...uh...what's his name's hot cock to console me!!!

by Anonymousreply 39605/12/2013

R397, I mean M. Sharapova, Hetero Cock Lover, are you any relation to P. Shriver, Hetero Peen Lover?

by Anonymousreply 39705/12/2013

After those Maria/Grigor pics "leaked," she wrote "How did you catch us???" on the camera lens (when players normally sign their name) after her next win.

It's so desperate it's almost sad. But I guess all of her endorsement money (which commentators never fail to shove down our throats) is safe.

by Anonymousreply 39805/12/2013

Strange answer, Roger's... "I don't know if there are any." Do these players all live in a bubble, and/or are the gay players so completely and totally closeted that not even an inkling of their orientation gets out?

by Anonymousreply 39905/13/2013

YES R399, I had the same thought! How transparent and desperate. "How did you catch us?" what a joke. It seems so calculated, just like the entire "relationship".

by Anonymousreply 40005/13/2013

WTF is wrong with Andy Murray, who retired today against Granollers? For somebody in such "great shape", he sure is gimpy.

He's either over-training, or he's a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 40105/15/2013

Really proud of Wawrinka's improvement lately. Magnus Norman is a great coach!

by Anonymousreply 40205/16/2013

r402, I really think he was in pain during yesterday's match (bits of which I saw on telly), and he seemed fairly sincere during the press conference where he said he played to the end of the second set before retiring because of pain due to a pulled muscle in his lower back. Having said that, I do think you're right - he is a bit delicate in the health department—there's a real princess hiding beneath that sneer of his :-)

by Anonymousreply 40305/16/2013

r400 Well he's hardly going to say "Yes, there are heaps!"

by Anonymousreply 40405/16/2013

R402 he says he has a chronic back injury that is aggravated by playing on clay. He's likely out of the French Open.

That or he wants to toughen up to win his first Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 40505/16/2013

Nole just posted this.

I didn't believe he was homophobic, now I'm more convinced he isn't...

by Anonymousreply 40605/16/2013

Oh, Lord, Aar. The DL's resident Serb hater's head is going to explode...

by Anonymousreply 40705/16/2013

[R408] I actually chat a lot with the person you're referring to, away from Datalounge. She's really a good person. But in the case of Djokovic we do respectfully disagree with one another ;)

by Anonymousreply 40805/16/2013

Several handsome (meaning not Murray) younger players are featured in an upcoming piece for Men's Journal. The Harrison bros, Goffin, and Berankis are included. They even managed to make Raonic look fairly hot. Apparently Tomic will be part of it also, but the attached doesn't have a pic of him.

Of course Dmitrov is there as part of his recent PR blitz, but being Sharapova's fake boyfriend is the best promotion anyone could ask for.

by Anonymousreply 40905/16/2013

Hooray for the Joker's libido. I hope he becomes the biggest heartbreaker in tennis history. It's about time we had another great gay, one without the baggage of Mr. Tilden.

by Anonymousreply 41005/16/2013

Fuck you, R410. This is how you do a shoot for a magazine.

by Anonymousreply 41105/16/2013

Here's another sexy Andy magazine shoot.

by Anonymousreply 41205/16/2013

Nice link r410.

I'll be in the minority, but I find Ryan hotter than Grigor.

by Anonymousreply 41305/16/2013

Oh r413 Dani...

by Anonymousreply 41405/16/2013

Raonic is deeply unattractive. Why do they keep trying to position him as some dreamboat.

by Anonymousreply 41505/16/2013

Raonic has incredible legs. I have to hand that to him =D But yeah, not good looking. He looks like Moe from the Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 41605/17/2013

R412 = R413 = Kevin Spacey, jerking off to the hideous troll Andy Murray.

by Anonymousreply 41705/17/2013

Go suck Sam Stosur's dick, R418

by Anonymousreply 41805/17/2013

R409, a bigot against an entire race or nationality is not a "good person", and if by "chat" with her you mean online, I doubt you know enough about her to rate her a "good person".

She would have to an extraordinary amount of good works with a great excuse for her hatred to earn the praise you're heaping on her.

by Anonymousreply 41905/17/2013

R418

by Anonymousreply 42005/17/2013

Masha withdrew today before her quarterfinal match in Rome claiming "sickness" and unspecified "physical problems."

Guess she's not used to being in the same city as her man for tournaments. That "sickness" obviously refers to LOVE sickness. And those unspecified "physical problems?" Obviously caused by getting multiple daily doses of that Romanian dick meat. I'm surprised she's not walking funny and can still talk without a lot of jaw discomfort.

She'd better figure out a way to limit her craving for cock over the next week, or she might end up with a lot more free time in Paris than she's expecting.

Maybe Pam Shriver can spend some time with her (get a taste of that Sugarpova) and give her some advice on how to properly temper her cock fever. There is a time and a place, right Pammy?

by Anonymousreply 42105/17/2013

I think her sickness comes from worrying about getting yet another beatdown from Serena

by Anonymousreply 42205/17/2013

[R423] Don't be ridiculous =p. No matter how embarrassing the H2H is Maria's always been woman enough to not run away.

by Anonymousreply 42305/17/2013

ITA with Aar. Maria's no pussy.

Wrt Murray, I won't see his face when he wraps those thighs around my head.

And yah, Grigor is fine.

by Anonymousreply 42405/18/2013

Has Serena ever enjoyed any lez action? Or is she too much of a fucked up JW to even consider it?

by Anonymousreply 42505/18/2013

I'd love a 3some with Murray and Dani V.

by Anonymousreply 42605/18/2013

Grigor Dimitrov needs to sit on my face. Right now.

by Anonymousreply 42705/18/2013

I cutta bitch, R427.

by Anonymousreply 42805/18/2013

So Serena routines Azarenka 61, 63.

Nadal is absolutely crushing Federer 61, 30

I've been a huge fan of tennis for almost 30 years, and I'm finding myself incredibly bored and disinterested in the sport lately. If Serena's at her best, no one else has a shot. Djokovic can beat Nadal, but pretty much no one else.

The few instances where other players dominated (Federer, Graf, Navratilova) i could find reasons to watch them, or perhaps i just liked them better. I'm not really a fan of either Serena or Rafael, and their dominance might drive me out of the sport.

I did spend some time yesterday watching old matches on You Tube, and found that more entertaining just because of the different styles of play that don't seem as prevalent in this era.

by Anonymousreply 42905/19/2013

I can't ever recall there being such a huge gap talent wise betwenn #1 and the rest of the field as there is today in women's tennis.

At least in the ATP any of the top 4 have a chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 43005/19/2013

I am so happy Serena won the Italian Open, Go USA!

by Anonymousreply 43105/19/2013

I love Rafa, R430, so I couldn't disagree more. I hated smug Fed and love to see him fade now (though I do recognize his utter brilliance). That said, what til after the French. Then it should get more interested. The Big 4 can all win at Wimbledon, and Rafa will actually be the underdog at the USO, where Nole should be the favorite.

I agree about woman's tennis. Total bore. Serena should easily rack up another four or five Slams if she stays healthy and focused.

by Anonymousreply 43205/19/2013

Too bad Serena doesn't have anyone to push her now. Their rivalry made both Evert and Navrotilova much better players.

by Anonymousreply 43305/19/2013

I know Vika and Serena didn't probably mean it this way but I love the way they wished each other luck and hoped to see each other in the final.

Maria who?

by Anonymousreply 43405/19/2013

[quote]I am so happy Serena won the Italian Open, Go USA!

Gag. Can we please keep the crass, misguided nationalism out of tennis? Serena has no challengers when she's at her best, but who the FUCK cares what country she's from?

PS: It's time for Roger to hang it up.

by Anonymousreply 43505/19/2013

Roger will stay on tour so long as there's a glimmer of hope for padding his slam total. He's still good enough to get close, and if everything goes his way, it's possible. Of the top players, he could take Murray on a good day for him/off day for Murray. Then he would need some luck for someone else to take out Djoker & especially Nadal.

Anyway, what else would he do? After tennis, it's all Mirka & the twins, all the time.(SOW: unfair the poor little creatures got daddy's nose).

by Anonymousreply 43605/19/2013

You're prolly right, R437, but that was an embarrassing beat-down today from Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 43705/19/2013

Well, Roger does have his good friend Gavin Rosdale to occupy his time.

by Anonymousreply 43805/19/2013

Thanks for the shirtless picture of Andy Murray! I love his game and body!

by Anonymousreply 43905/20/2013

Did anyone see Masha's latest tweet? Hash tag fashion police...

by Anonymousreply 44005/21/2013

I've never had such a love/hate thing with a player as I do with Rafa. I hate his style of play and all his antics, but Goddamn, I think he just has the most perfect ass + legs on the tour. And when he's not his maniacal tennis-playing self he actually seems really sweet.

So I think it's a good idea for me to avoid his matches, and just look at off-court things and photos ()=)

by Anonymousreply 44105/21/2013

Aar, I had a similar thing with Andy Roddick. I could not stand his jerky attitude and his one dimensional play. I cheered every time he lost. But I would jerk-off to his pics, imagining other hot players fucking his very nice ass in the locker room!

by Anonymousreply 44205/21/2013

I agree that Andy has a better ass than that bony Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 44305/21/2013

I'm not sure what that is Tommy... Is that a tennis ball or some fine German sausage?

by Anonymousreply 44405/22/2013

Tommy has aged so much in the face, but hot legs.

by Anonymousreply 44505/22/2013

Tommy Haas is still very handsome and he's got a rocking hot bod. He is the only 35-year old I'd fuck

by Anonymousreply 44605/23/2013

ITA, R447. But DAMN, was he fine in his early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 44705/23/2013

Roger Federer is on Twitter now. 1 tweet, 10,000+ followers within 6 hours.

by Anonymousreply 44805/23/2013

So it's Novak-Rafa, Federer-Ferrer in each quarters. I really hope Ferrer can beat Federer this time...

by Anonymousreply 44905/24/2013

Okay, Rafa has my favourite legs in the men's game. I know lots here say Murray, but I'm going Rafa for ass and legs ;)

by Anonymousreply 45005/24/2013

And now Roger is on Reddit doing AMA. Cam4 next?

by Anonymousreply 45105/24/2013

French Open draw is out and there's nothing remotely suspicious that Fed gets qualifiers in the first two rounds on his least favorite surface. Nope, nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 45205/24/2013

The draw is done by computer for the slots of the non-seeds (anyone below 32). It is done by hand for the placements of 3-4, 5-8. 9-16, 17-24, and 25-32 (in that order).

So, the organizers can conceivably rig the automated parts for one of the top two seeds (ie Federer getting two qualifiers in a row to start, since Federer, as the 2 seed, is one of two players who knew their exact line in the draw, along with #1 Djokovic).

But they could not rig Nadal's placement--that was Maria Sharapova who pulled his number instead of Ferrer in Djokovic's half. And while Federer has an easy first two rounds, he gets a Benneteau who's taken him five recently in the third round, a Simon who plays him tough, and then Tsonga in front of the home crowd. No guarantee he makes it to the semis.

by Anonymousreply 45305/24/2013

Still, there's very little between Rodge and the final. His cake-y draw will likely put an extra spring in his step.

I have a feeling Rafa is going to have a shock elimination. He's due for one, his knee can't be 100% after so much play since his comeback, and he'll have Djoker in his head. Hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 45405/24/2013

Fed will lose to Tsonga, assuming Fed even goes that far.

by Anonymousreply 45505/25/2013

So the real final will be the Rafa-Nole semi, assuming no big upset happens on the way.

You can see a way, though, if Rafa-Nole completely bludgeon each other for 5 hours, for Fed, or even Ferrer, to have a chance at the trophy.

by Anonymousreply 45605/25/2013

Anyone read the news that Roddick will become a host/pundit(?) on Fox Sports?

by Anonymousreply 45705/25/2013

Tsonga is a notorious underachiever and headcase. I wouldn't count on him beating Fed

by Anonymousreply 45805/25/2013

r457 - I can't see that happening. Both of them want it too much. Whoever wins that semi will win RG.

by Anonymousreply 45905/25/2013

Murray naked in the showers ;)

by Anonymousreply 46005/26/2013

Am I the only one who hasn't seen this photo?

by Anonymousreply 46105/26/2013

What should we call this...?

by Anonymousreply 46205/26/2013

You have to be a member of Men's Tennis Forums to see that photo, r461.

by Anonymousreply 46305/27/2013

Worth noting - James Blake joins anti-homophobia campaign alongside Fish and Roddick.

by Anonymousreply 46405/29/2013

I was wondering why no other players had joined, but it seems to be an American organization, and not limited to tennis.

It's great that those 3 have joined, though maybe not as meaningful because they are retired, or nearly so (and also close friends). Why not Isner, Querrey etc?

by Anonymousreply 46506/01/2013

Querrey pings to Mars. I saw him in Newport a few years ago walking around town with a FINE piece of male ass. They looked more than friendly.

by Anonymousreply 46606/01/2013

Isner and Querrey are said to be good buddies.

by Anonymousreply 46706/01/2013

Is Query rich? Because let's be honest, he's as fug as hell

by Anonymousreply 46806/01/2013

He is fug. But he seems like a nice guy, and I bet he's got a dick as big as a loaf of bread.

by Anonymousreply 46906/01/2013

I watched this interview again because of a certain comment. But I didn't see anything.

by Anonymousreply 47006/01/2013

R466, I was wondering the same thing. You'd think at least one active player (no pun intended) would sign up?

BTW, the second row of Gasquet's box for his FO 4th round match against Wawrinka looks gayer than a row of tents.

by Anonymousreply 47106/03/2013

Dickie Gasket must have checked into the local loonie bin after blowing that lead today.

by Anonymousreply 47206/03/2013

This dude doing impressions of the top ATP guys is really good. It's just vocal impressions - not like when Djokovic acts out Nadal's or Sharapova's service motions on court.

He does Djokovic, Nadal, Ferrer, Murray, Federer, and Gasquet. I listened to it without watching him and probably could have been fooled by most of them - maybe not Ferrer and definitely not Fed.

by Anonymousreply 47306/07/2013

The first guy's Novak and Ferrer are really good, and both the Rafas.

The Murrays and Rogers, not so much...

by Anonymousreply 47406/08/2013

Might be fun to watch - Haas and Federer are teaming up for doubles at Halle next week. Last year they played each other in the tournament final with Tommy getting the better of Rog that day.

And Rafa has pulled out of the tournament - no surprise there. But I wonder if he'll get any grass court matches in before Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 47506/09/2013

I saw Fed and Haas get shellacked by Melzer and Petzschner yesterday. Roger and Tommy looked pretty pedestrian at doubles.

by Anonymousreply 47606/11/2013

The Isner-Querrey name is Isqueer

by Anonymousreply 47706/11/2013

Apropos of the Russian anti-gay laws getting passed, who ever would have predicated 10 years ago that obnoxious, frat boy Roddick would join a pro-gay alliance and fun, sophisticated guy Safin would be join a political party that supports hate legislation?

by Anonymousreply 47806/11/2013

I wouldn't describe Safin as sophisticated, at least not 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 47906/11/2013

WTF is wrong with Russia? Can someone explain why they are stuck in the dark ages?

by Anonymousreply 48006/11/2013

r481 - I guess I mean more worldly, not necessarily refined, whereas Roddick came across like a good ol boy. Obviously, I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 48106/11/2013

I wonder if Safin is an observant Muslim? Dinara seemed to be.

by Anonymousreply 48206/11/2013

The vote was 436-0, which means Safin voted for it, apparently, unless he abstained.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 48306/12/2013

r485 - This is apparently his twitter, even though it's not verified:

https://twitter.com/safin_marat1

I let him know what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 48406/12/2013

The 'Safin is bisexual' rumors have been around for nearly a decade, with credible accounts mentioned both here and in other tennis forums. I could totally see Safin attempting to bury that side of himself, though.

by Anonymousreply 48506/12/2013

Murray massaged.

by Anonymousreply 48606/12/2013

Mmmm, R488.

Good cracker.

by Anonymousreply 48706/12/2013

r486, just did the same—I actually asked him to deny he'd voted for the legislation. I suggest anyone else with Twitter do the same.

by Anonymousreply 48806/13/2013

Isner's not gay. Sad, cause he's really hot in person--tall, striking, looks hung.

by Anonymousreply 48906/13/2013

And there Kev Spacey is again at one of Murray's matches. This time (as I type) at Queen's (stop that sniggering up the back there!!), and sitting right next to Lendl.

by Anonymousreply 49006/13/2013

Has Kevin Spacey sampled Murray's wares?

by Anonymousreply 49106/13/2013

Not that this is irrefutable evidence of his being gay, but Rafa was picked up at the airport in Mallorca (after his French Open win) by his best friend Juan Monaco. I guess Rafa's girlfriend couldn't get time off from her job.

by Anonymousreply 49206/13/2013

Is Ferrer the third wheel in the relationship? I mean, he is hotter than Monaco, it must be said.

by Anonymousreply 49306/13/2013

That's common with Rafa, R494. He seems to be spending more time alone with Juan Monaco than his own girlfriend. I have no idea what's going on here. All I'm saying is that it's possible that Rafa is gay. More likely him than Djokovic or Federer imo.

by Anonymousreply 49406/13/2013

R495, Ferrer has a long-time girlfriend and it seems real. Monaco is a hottie but he has hair issues.(lol)

by Anonymousreply 49506/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 49606/13/2013

I am surprised Rafa's controlling uncle, "girlfriend" or other members of his close-knit family weren't there instead. Surely they wouldn't want potential gay speculation to taint his carefully-crafted image.

by Anonymousreply 49706/13/2013

Kevin Spacey is a pushy bitch and needs a better rug.

by Anonymousreply 49806/13/2013

Dani V.: are you jealous of Kevin Spacey? Are you scared he will steal Andy from you?

by Anonymousreply 49906/13/2013

R501, that saggy-assed bald-headed bitch wants to try, but *I* am the one Andy balls around with (and not just on the practice court).

by Anonymousreply 50006/13/2013

It didn't take long for this loving picture of Rafa and the girlfriend to pop up on facebook.

by Anonymousreply 50106/13/2013

I think Andy is getting tired of you Dani. U used to be super cute, but you've seemed to have gained weight lately.

I'm wondering if Andy and Tsonga fooled around while on that private jet flight to Rome

by Anonymousreply 50206/13/2013

r503 - That was from the publicity tour the day after RG at EuroDisney. I think the GF is a good friend of his and of the family and she fits his very controlled image of a simple island boy. One thing about Team Nadal - they keep things tight.

by Anonymousreply 50306/13/2013

[quote]they keep things tight

If you only knew...

by Anonymousreply 50406/13/2013

I thought that kid's impressions were great. He did a spot on Rafa, Nole, Murray, Ferrer, and Gasquet. His Federer needs work...he had the mannerisms he just needs to get the voice down.

by Anonymousreply 50506/13/2013

Federer just pounded Mischa Zverev 6/0 6/0 in 39 minutes at Halle. The Germans probably thought this was a 1989 WTA event, with Graf playing Carling Bassett or something.

Oh, and as per topic: I don't know if Zverev is gay, but I do want him inside me quite deeply...

by Anonymousreply 50606/14/2013

Roger beating up on yet another unranked player? My, what an achievement! ! But I guess the poor dear has to pound someone. Not like he has a hot wife to go home to.

by Anonymousreply 50706/14/2013

Not gay unfortunately, [R509], but one of the nicest and coolest players on the tour. And much better looking in person than on court.

by Anonymousreply 50806/14/2013

Sorry, that was obviously for [R508].

by Anonymousreply 50906/14/2013

Any rumors about Richard Gasquet? I want to shove my big black dick up his hot french ass.

by Anonymousreply 51006/14/2013

More's the pity, r510... He looks plenty hot on court - daren't think what he must be like off-court in his civvies :-)

by Anonymousreply 51106/14/2013

R513 ahh Big John is hot... I think in an interview he mentioned he's living in a mansion with another male player though. It was brought up in previous threads I believe.

by Anonymousreply 51206/15/2013

R490, I just can't imagine Safin as homophobic. He seemed like he was so sexually open, and with looks like that, I'm sure a few lucky gays have sampled that Russian cock of his.

I've also seen him flirt with fans of both genders, and one time I saw him gleefully pose with a small group of transvestite fans at the US Open grounds in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 51306/15/2013

Anti gay protester in Roland Garros. Who is his bf?

by Anonymousreply 51406/15/2013

I wrote a long post about Rafa and his gf, and the possibility of him being gay.. then PT happened and my post wasn't published.. I lost everything I wrote. Ugh..

Anyway, I was gonna say that I think it's possible that Rafa is gay or at the very least bi. He doesn't seem that close to his own girlfriend.. hell, most of the times they look awkward and uncomfortable together. I've seen some pics of him and her at the beach and in the water, just joking around and kissing and it was the most awkward thing I've seen in my entire life. It was like he was acting. He pinged so hard. Compare that to when he's with Pico, you'll notice a significant difference in the way he's acting. He's a lot more calm and comfortable and they have great chemistry together.. more than Rafa with his own gf.

Yes, it's definitely possible that Rafa is bi/gay/whatever. I guess it could also be possible that Rafa and his gf just fell out of love. It happens with couples who have been together for a long time. In any case they just don't seem to be much in love.. the whole body language in the pic at R503 is tense. It could be that Rafa and xisca (sp?) didn't break up because of Rafa's public image, or because they still love each other, but more like friends, or hell.. maybe they have an open relationship. Maybe he is with her but sleeps around, who knows. I have no idea. All I know is that something isn't right with him and Xisca.

by Anonymousreply 51506/15/2013

"I guess it could also be possible that Rafa and his gf just fell out of love. It happens with couples who have been together for a long time."

If this were the case, why keep up the pretense of showing her at his games and accompanying him on beach ventures? Just move on. The girlfriend is attractive, but most tennis stars have stunning girlfriends/wives with whom they seem proud of in public. I am on the fence about Rafa's sexuality, but the girlfriend situation really seems orchestrated by Rafa's team--which makes me wonder more if he is indeed gay.

by Anonymousreply 51606/15/2013

Of course Nadal is gay. He wins mostly on clay courts and everyone knows that clay courts are for faggots.

by Anonymousreply 51706/15/2013

Harry Styles @Harrys_Styles @MariaSharapova You're so beautiful, you make me walk into things when I look at you.

by Anonymousreply 51806/15/2013

I think Xisca is pretty fucking stunning. If I were Rafa and I were gay, I think I'd go for Grigor or Novak, not Pico.

Who knows, maybe Pico is hung.

by Anonymousreply 51906/15/2013

R518, I agree.. the whole girlfriend thing looks pretty fake. In all the photos I've seen of them they look awkward and they lack chemistry. Rafa when he's with Pico on the other hand seems happy and comfortable and they have amazing chemistry too. I definitely think there's something there. Even if he's not with Pico, he's probably gay (or at the very least bi).

That said, they could just have broken up a few years ago and the team decided to keep her since she's good for Rafa's public image.. who knows. The fangirls seem to love their relationship.

R521, Pico may not be to everyone's taste, and he may not be as hot as Grigor or Novak (I find both of them kinda ugly though), but Pico is cute. I don't like him with the beard, but whenever he gets a haircut and shaves, he's pretty darn cute. And yes.. I do suspect he's hung too. You also have to remember the language issue.. they're a good match, they both speak Spanish (in Rafa's case Spanish and Catalan). They seemed pretty darn close on the boat a few years ago. Xisca seemed almost like an accessory, lol. Seemed like Rafa hung out more with him than with her.

by Anonymousreply 52006/15/2013

Pico is still in Mallorca with Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 52106/15/2013

And I have seen Pico in person and he's handsome. He just needs to get rid of the beard and unkept hair (homeless look). Pico also used to date a model who is a beard suspect. She was about to get married to Diego Forlan (soccer player) who is also supposedly gay.

by Anonymousreply 52206/15/2013

novak.

by Anonymousreply 52306/15/2013

It saddens me to provide the link, below, from the Russian Duma that shows that, on June 11 2013, Marit Safin indeed voted in favour of the law censoring any display of homosexual affection (sorry, deviant sexual proclivities, coyly rendered in doublespeak as "the rejection of traditional family values") in front of minors (at 12.01 and 12.03). He also voted in favour of legislation "to counter the insults of religious beliefs and feelings of citizens"—so Pussy Riot will probably rot in jail now :-(

by Anonymousreply 52406/16/2013

R526, does this mean I have to give up my dream of sucking Safin's dick? Fuck!!!

by Anonymousreply 52506/18/2013

r527, no, I'd encourage you to get into his undies and suck it big time, and maybe add some rimming action and give him the buggering he so desperately wants, BUT do it with a hidden cam recording every last second, and recording every Safin groan of pleasure as you give it to him as hard as he wants. Then just feed it to the Russian press, or better yet put it up online so that the whole world can see him for the repulsive hypocrite he's become.

by Anonymousreply 52606/18/2013

^ the queen and the pretender to the throne

(and Lendl)

by Anonymousreply 52706/18/2013

That's a good one r529.

Valverdu has that irritated look like "Dude, back the fuck off. Can't you go chase some West End chorus boy instead?"

by Anonymousreply 52806/18/2013

I bet Llendl throws a mean, relentless, daddy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 52906/18/2013

t Kevin Spacey @KevinSpacey .@andy_murray Joy to support you. Almost look like 1 of the team from this serious trio caught in Queens pic.twitter.com/Dc5OGQilSr

by Anonymousreply 53006/18/2013

Another light shining on how lax tennis is regarding drug testing their athletes.

Side note about the article: Fishing is a sport? and they test for PEDs?

by Anonymousreply 53106/18/2013

Serena Sticks Her Foot in Her Mouth.

by Anonymousreply 53206/18/2013

Somebody (Selena Roberts?) once referred to Serena as "the million dollar athlete with the five-cent mind".

by Anonymousreply 53306/18/2013

It's never wise to share opinions on rape. That was bad judgement on Serena's part if she said those things in front of a reporter.

I don't see how the other two bits constitute putting her foot in her mouth. Really, the hardest part to believe is that she and Venus gossip about Sharapova. I just can't imagine either one caring enough.

by Anonymousreply 53506/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 53606/18/2013

[quote]Just when we thought the younger Williams sister was gaining a sense of maturity, she opens her mouth and speaks without thinking. While sitting down with writer Stephen Rodrick three months ago, a news story on the Steubenville rape case involving two high school football players appeared on the TV, and Williams implied – out loud! – that maybe the 16-year-old female victim deserved what happened to her the night of the crime: "Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know. I'm not blaming the girl, but if you're a 16-year-old and you're drunk like that, your parents should teach you—don't take drinks from other people. She's 16, why was she that drunk where she doesn't remember? It could have been much worse. She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different." -

What.a.cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53706/18/2013

r538 - Oh, I doubt Venus is checking for Sharapova, but I do believe Serena would trash her. Impossible to think that someone with as big an ego as Serena doesn't resent the fact that Sharapova long ago equalled her in fame and surpassed her in earnings, despite Serena's superior athletic accomplishments. And Shazza's business ventures seem to have fared better too. (Remember Serena's fashion line, Aneres? Exactly.)

However, I'm skeptical that the reporter actually overheard correctly what Serena said on the phone. Who the fuck talks like that? [quote]‘She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it.’”

OK, maybe the line about the parties, but the "black heart?" That sounds like soap opera dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 53806/19/2013

The full _Rolling Stone_ piece, written by another fan with a typewriter. "Attention! Attention!"

by Anonymousreply 53906/19/2013

Not only is tennis lax in administering drug tests, the drug tests are urine tests which are not as accurate or thorough as blood tests.

by Anonymousreply 54006/19/2013

Serena is a 31 year old woman who's travelled the world but she appears to have the comprehension and insight of a mentally challenged prepubescent.

by Anonymousreply 54106/19/2013

It's the usual, bulging mess of a discussion over at the DL "Serena on Steubenville" thread. They're up to page three already. As the cunt word has already been bandied about, you just know it's getting interesting. :-)

by Anonymousreply 54206/19/2013

I agree (R541) that it sounds like soap opera dialogue. Who really talks like that?

It is true, however, that the mutual hate between the Williams and Sharapova is full on.

by Anonymousreply 54306/19/2013

Serena's official "apology" (and I use the inverted commas advisedly...) at link, below.

by Anonymousreply 54406/20/2013

Enough with Serena's boring ass. We need recent shirtless pics of European and Latin American players, stat.

by Anonymousreply 54506/20/2013

r548, I agree, but only because the SW debacle has its own thread now, AND because I think we all deserve to see this pic of one of my favourite objects of desire (read: JO fantasies :-) )

by Anonymousreply 54606/20/2013

I love it, R549. He looks surprised to see how much sexy chest hair he's accrued.

by Anonymousreply 54706/20/2013

Rafa and Xisca do look odd, like they aren't even intimate, and he's never sounded passionate about her, ever.

I want to know if Dimitrov and Sharapova are gay or not most..

by Anonymousreply 54806/20/2013

[quote]Henry Conway attends the WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party at The Roof Gardens, Kensington High Street, London.

Who is this? He looks like a real dandy.

by Anonymousreply 54906/21/2013

R552, apparently he's a socialite and the son of an MP. In other words, a complete waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 55006/21/2013

This is the gayest thing I've ever seen..

by Anonymousreply 55106/21/2013

[quote]This is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

That's exactly what I said about the pic at r552.

by Anonymousreply 55206/21/2013

Martina tweeted the other day "I'm happily married". When did she marry the Russian ho?

by Anonymousreply 55306/21/2013

Serena is a Jehovah Witness, so not surprising that she thinks any girl who drinks is a wanton slut just begging to be raped

by Anonymousreply 55406/21/2013

Djokovic and Dimitrov go topless for the Wimbledon crowd... Dimitrov wins, but only because Djokovic needs to leave all his chest hair intact.

In other news, Dimitrov is gay.

by Anonymousreply 55506/22/2013

Sorry, I didn't mean Wimbledon... It's late. Still, the two are clearly playing it up for the girls and gays.

by Anonymousreply 55606/22/2013

Is there anyone who doubts that Grigor is gay? He pings and pongs, but he definitely doesn't poon.

We have three gays just within the current Top 40: Richard Gasquet (#9), Tommy Robredo (#29), and little Grigor (#31). Did I miss anyone?

by Anonymousreply 55706/22/2013

Here, at the same Birmingham exhibition where they both stripped their shirts off, Djokovic and Dimitrov imitate Sharapova. Rather than funny, they both come across as nasty, cunty little bitches. Would any real, authentic boyfriend take the piss out of his girlfriend the way Dimitrov does? I can just imagine the nasty comments they must have been making in the locker room while they were setting this up.

I no longer have any doubts Dimitrov is gay - nor Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 55806/22/2013

R560, I really do think you missed Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 55906/22/2013

I don't understand how such a homely mofo keeps scoring with such decent women.

Radek Stepanek is splitting up with Nicole Vaidisova and now dating Petra Kvitova.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 56006/22/2013

[quote]Is there anyone who doubts that Grigor is gay? He pings and pongs, but he definitely doesn't poon.

Yup very clearly.. more so than anyone there I imagine. Got the gay from just still pics.

by Anonymousreply 56106/22/2013

Stepanek is rumored to have a massive ding-dong.

by Anonymousreply 56206/22/2013

Well if Grigor starts playing doubles with Radek, we'll know the truth on both fronts.

by Anonymousreply 56306/22/2013

I see people all over the internet saying that Stephanek is ugly as fuck and that they don't get it, but I think he's probably quite nice and charming in person, probably respectful of and draws these women in. It's weird.. I don't even think he's that ugly and is obviously fit as an athlete, but I feel like I'm totally missing something because the reaction about Stephanek looks-wise is vehement and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 56406/22/2013

r567 - His face is grotesque, particularly in motion. I actually feel sick looking at him. (Mary!)

I haven't seen him play in a long time, but I did used to love the way he'd wind other players up.

by Anonymousreply 56506/22/2013

Radek has horrible teef, a massive overbite, a seriously receding hairline, and a big shnoz.

He is very fit though, and I do suspect he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 56606/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 56706/23/2013

That's bullshit. The majority of the women don't give a shit about the mens' tour, and a pretty large percentage couldn't care less about men in general despite how hard the CEO and ad campaign managers try to make it seem as if the WTA is a hetero utopia.

by Anonymousreply 56806/23/2013

[quote]as if the WTA is a hetero utopia

It was in my day!

by Anonymousreply 56906/23/2013

I really like this thread... We'll have to start a new one soon.

I still don't understand why all the gay tennis players have yet to come out. Basketball is definitely a more homophobic sport, and yet we saw Jason Collins come out this year.

by Anonymousreply 57006/24/2013

Is there an official Wimbledon thread yet?

Rafa, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 57106/24/2013

Rafa's out of Wimbledon.

Fuck, yes. So over him after dominating at the French.

Suck it, Uncle Toni.

by Anonymousreply 57206/24/2013

Although I greatly respect Rafa's tennis, I agree with R575 and I'm very much over his domination of the French. But when you get sick of a player dominating a particular tournament, that really is just a testament to their greatness on the surface (e.g., Sampras winning 7 Wimbledons, Evert winning 7 French Opens, etc.).

Also, before Rafa's match, John McEnroe said he was seriously considering that Nadal may be the best ever because of his winning records against Federer, Djokovic, and Murray. Although those are impressive head-to-head stats, how could McEnroe ignore that Nadal's Grand Slam success is mostly at the French? Nadal has won Wimbledon twice as well as three finals, and Australia and the USO once each, but Federer has several each of Wimbledon, Australia and the USO, plus one French win in five finals appearances.

Moreover, Federer's Grand Slam record is insane. In addition to 17 wins, he has crazy records like 10 straight finals, then after that string was broken, 8 more straight finals. He had 23 straight Grand Slam semi-finals, at least the Quarters in 36 straight Slams. Those stats are just unbelievable, not to mention Fed's record weeks at No. 1. Overall stats clearly lean in Fed's favor right now. It might chance some day, but for now, Fed's record is superior.

by Anonymousreply 57306/24/2013

Yeah, yeah, R576.

But Rafa is sexier.

by Anonymousreply 57406/24/2013

Quick question:

Do female tennis players get gossip-ed about in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 57506/24/2013

Well R577, I don't think either one is very sexy. Fed is rather fug, and Nadal is super greasy. But their tennis abilities are most admirable.

by Anonymousreply 57606/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 57706/24/2013

Too bad for you, R576.

by Anonymousreply 57806/24/2013

I just want to ask Pammy if she knows any dirt on Gabriela Sabatini?

by Anonymousreply 57906/26/2013

Doesn't Marat Safin, who just voted for the restriction of expression of homosexuality in Russia, have a lesbian sister?

by Anonymousreply 58006/28/2013

The most interesting thing about that Marat Safin vote is that Marat himself is bi!

by Anonymousreply 58106/28/2013

Wow wow, Marat safin is bi? This surely isnt true, he comes across as the manliest and most masculine of straight guys.

The guy is the last person I would suspect to be even slightly inclined towards, men, he just seems to masculine ina straight guy way

by Anonymousreply 58206/29/2013

R576, the thing about Fed is that he compiled most of those jaw dropping stats from 2003-2009. Rafa wasn't an all court force until 2008. Novak, Murray not until 2008ish, maybe 2009.

He was playing no one. Every other legend had other legends to contend with. Mac/Borg/Connors. Edberg/Llendl/Becker/Wilander. Agassi/Sampras.

Fed had Roddick as his main rival, plus a headcase Safin, Juan Carlos, Guga, Hewitt. Good players for sure, but not legends. If Agassi had been in his prime in those years, he'd have 15 Slam, Pete would have 20, Rafa 17, Novak 13.

That said, I still think Fed's the GOAT. It's not his fault he was at his prime when men's tennis was abysmal. But I think it's says a lot more that Rafa has been able to win 12 playing against arguably the greatest foursome ever. Fed got a BIG time head start in compiling Slams. Since 2009, when they all were in their prime at the same time, the Slam count is:

Rafa: 7

Novak: 6

Roger: 3

Murray: 1

And Rafa's head to head is overwhelmingly dominate over all four. He's certainly in the all-time greatest debate. As far as the "surface" debate, I think it makes it even more of a case for the greatness of Rafa. His best surface only represents one of the Slams. Roger gets the other three! Imagine if the Aussie was still on clay (like it used to be). Rafa could have 18, 19 Slams by now easy.

by Anonymousreply 58306/29/2013

Is marat safin really bi???

by Anonymousreply 58407/05/2013

Safin is a homophobe

by Anonymousreply 58507/08/2013

Supposedly, Safin is 'equal opportunity' when he's sufficiently liquored up... No different than half the frat men in America. I've read that rumor both here and on other tennis sites through the years.

by Anonymousreply 58607/08/2013

interested to here more about safin, so much raw animal magentism he is so handsome.

I heard he was a total homophobe, what rumors are threre that he is bi

by Anonymousreply 58707/08/2013

Pico just uploaded this.

by Anonymousreply 58807/08/2013

wow...HOT legs but pathetic upper bodies.

by Anonymousreply 58907/08/2013

Johnny!

by Anonymousreply 59007/09/2013

Who is that, R593? I'm going to create a new thread, since this one is about to end... Can you post it again there?

by Anonymousreply 59107/09/2013

[quote]Imagine if the Aussie was still on clay (like it used to be). Rafa could have 18, 19 Slams by now easy.

Say what? The Aussie was never on clay. It used to be on grass until 1987 and switched to the rubberized hard courts in 1988. The US Open was held on semi-fast Har Tru, aka green clay, for three years in the mid-70s.

If three of the four Slams had been on grass like in Laver's day, players like Sampras woulda been even more dominant.

by Anonymousreply 59207/09/2013

John Isner.

Was that pic for the ESPN nudie issue....whatever it's called?

by Anonymousreply 59307/09/2013

Aga

by Anonymousreply 59407/09/2013

One good thing about PrimeTime - it finally silenced all the babble on the half dozen or more threads started about Wimbledon and Andy Murray and Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 59507/10/2013

Radwanska looks hot in her pic. Isner? not at all. He does NOT have the body to go nude. He needs to improve his fitness if anything. I'm disappointed espn picked him and not a hotter ATP player.

by Anonymousreply 59607/10/2013

Totally disagree re: Isner; he looks like a model in that pic. Too good actually, to believe it would be him; he looks so average when he plays tennis.

by Anonymousreply 59707/10/2013

I think Isner has a cute face but his body is average...I give him credit for losing the baby fat he had when he first switched from college to pro tennis, but he needs more muscle.

by Anonymousreply 59807/10/2013

I can't decide who has the better legs out of Nadal and Roddick. I worship both and get sick with envy when I look at either pair.

by Anonymousreply 59908/17/2013

And Rafa's by comparison...

by Anonymousreply 60008/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.