Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Les Miz FAILS: Part 126

Only 8 nominations. NO director. It will be completely overwhelmed by "Lincoln," as expected.

Is Lynn Faildisaster on suicide watch? I'm worried for her.

by Anonymousreply 8802/03/2013

But Anne will win, and that's the whole point of the movie's existence.

by Anonymousreply 201/10/2013

Only on Datalounge is

a Best Picture nomination

a Best Actor nomination

a Best Supporting Actress nomination

and 5 other Oscar nominations a FAIL. You suck, OP. Go dunk your head in a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 301/10/2013

A filmed version of Follies would have had 20 easily.

by Anonymousreply 401/10/2013

Agreed, r2. And she paid her dues--not her wight-loss, but her underwear-less "wardrobe malfunction" when exiting a car.

It's the new Rite of Passage to further a career.

by Anonymousreply 501/10/2013

agreed r3.

Between the Les Miz hater and the FlopDNA troll, I don't know who's worse?

Or are they the same deluded queen?

by Anonymousreply 601/10/2013

You're shallow and pathetic, r5.

by Anonymousreply 701/10/2013

LOL at r6!

Yes, the public ate up Madonna's latest record. And you call other people deluded..

Lez Miz will win in a couple of minor categories, maybe two.

Lincoln, Silver Linings and Amour will divide the spoils amongst each other.

And supporting actress will go to Adams or Weaver.

Feel free to bump this in a few weeks!

by Anonymousreply 801/10/2013

Hathaway is not going to win. Field is currently in the lead, and the surprise (there's always a surprise in this category) could be Amy Adams.

The chatter for Hathaway is long over.

by Anonymousreply 901/10/2013

The point, oh dimwitted r2, is that Lynn Faildisaster predicted twice the amount of nominations and a complete sweep of the awards and acting noms.

Now even the Miseriqueen's Hathaway (A SURE THING - we were screamed at) is out of contention. She's being show the door.

The hysterical hyperbole was hilarious at first but became obnoxious as it was clear that none of what she was predicting had a chance in hell of happening.

We're just making fun of her because she's a tasteless, dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1001/10/2013

I mentioned on one of the other threads that Anne pretty much did this to herself. People are sick of her posturing and shoving herself down their throats. She's transparent and self-congratulatory in a passive aggressive manner and the worst crime... she's boring. People find her insufferable.

If I were to bet, my money would go to Field with the, "This is her last chance for another one so let's give it to her," or I'd go with Amy Adams for the, "having been nominated before and not won."

If Anne wins, I'll only be consoled by the likelihood that she'll just go away and won't be nominated again.

by Anonymousreply 1101/10/2013

This is the Gone with the Wind/Wizard of Oz phenomenon. When you have two big hits in one year, they either split the pot or the spoils go to one (duh). I think Lincoln will clean up because of Spielberg. Hooper wasn't nominated but Spielberg was (of course). This is telling.

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2013

I don't know why you're talking shit to ME, R10, since I basically agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2013

Les Miz drops to fifth in second week. Sad. Couldn't eke out a #1, and kow continues to sag despite nominations.

by Anonymousreply 1401/12/2013

I'm actually going to watch the awards this year, just to see Anne H. hit the roof.

by Anonymousreply 1501/12/2013

I can see thee tide swinging Amy Adams' way, actually. She's on her 4th nomination.

by Anonymousreply 1601/12/2013

I wonder what Anne's fellow nominees really think about her campaign style for this award.

by Anonymousreply 1701/12/2013

[quote] I mentioned on one of the other threads that Anne pretty much did this to herself. People are sick of her posturing and shoving herself down their throats. She's transparent and self-congratulatory in a passive aggressive manner and the worst crime... she's boring. People find her insufferable.

She did NOT. Datalounge has been attacking her non-stop since the movie came out.

Dataloungers are the only people saying that kind of ridiculous crap, mainly out of BOREDOM. I haven't read any of the same garbage about Anne Hathaway anywhere but here on Datalounge. It's a small pathetic band of trolls you are, making up crap. Starting thread after thread after thread about what a cunt Anne is or how this movie is a flop. And you're always wrong and always be wrong. Opinion and fact are two different things. You and your ilk muddle opinion and fact.

You're boring. And self-congratulatory. And passive aggressive. And I find people like you totally and reprehensibly insufferable.

You're in an alternate universe. Go out and get some sunlight, the dark in your basement apartment is affecting your brain.

by Anonymousreply 1801/12/2013

Aww r18, you mad bro?

by Anonymousreply 1901/12/2013

Not so Anne - I mean r18. Go and check out comments at other blogs such as Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 2001/12/2013

Not an Anne fan, but I agree that Datalounge has created this delusion of Anne being some major award-hungry cunt. Probably out of boredom. But really, other than promoting her movie like any actress, she hasn't been doing any "campaigning". Going to premieres and doing talk shows to promote your movie is normal. It just so happens her movie premiered during award season.

by Anonymousreply 2101/12/2013

It just so happened? Are you completely insane?

This entire role, approach, and PR campaign has been planned as an award grab from the moment she even pondered taking it, by the director, the studio, the actress, etc. It's why people loathe her so much. You can see the desperation in her performance. It's not desperation borne from acting the role.

What's so pathetic about it is it's a Supporting award, not even lead.

by Anonymousreply 2201/12/2013

R22, I agree with that, but it's insane to act like Anne had anything to do with the scheduling of the release of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2301/12/2013

And Anne has been nominated for Lead Actress in the past, so what IS insane, is that DL acts like she's so desperate to win Supporting. Where was this desperation when she was nominated for Lead?

It's really just a desperate attempt by DL to find a new Gwyneth Paltrow. I mean, look at some of the threads that have been posted using Hathaway as the poster. They're dripping in snobbery, which is not Anne, but Gwyneth. DL just needs a young pretty actress to demonize, and Gwyneth Paltrow is fast becoming irrelevant so Anne is an easy target.

And FUCK YOU for making me defend her because I;m not even a fan, but come on. This Anne shit isn't even fun or funny.

How low grade has DL become?

by Anonymousreply 2401/12/2013

Anne Hathaway has not done a damn thing to get this negative imput. The nasty queen who started it all must have not got laid in years.

The person who should get kicked in the ass is Harvey Weinstein who constantly pushes his films to win, and knock out any great films that have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 2501/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 2601/12/2013

BTW, I couldn't make it through Les Mis. I had to stop early on during some scene with Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe "singing" back and forth in some wood room for 5 minutes in these horrible monotone voices.

by Anonymousreply 2701/12/2013

Only on DL is Sally Field considered the favorite. "This is her last chance so let's give her a THIRD oscar", this is Sally Field we're talking about, not exactly Nicholson, Streep or DDL. If Hathaway loses (she won't) it will be to Amy Adams, a four-times oscar nominee.

I think Ebert was one of the last major critics to review Les Miz and he hated it. Called it the only bad movie in the BP category.

by Anonymousreply 2801/12/2013

Les Miserables is a huge, epic movie. Why wasn't the director nominated for an Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 2901/12/2013

Do you work in the industry? Serious question, because I do and I assure you, it's not just on DL that people are talking about how pathetic Anne is.

There is a lot of negative buzz around Anne and her campaigning. And if you don't think people find her insufferable, go watch the THR Interview with Amy Adams, Helen Hunt, Rachel Weisz, etc. You can visibly tell that they are irked by her.

Now, if you want to defend Anne and say it's only on DL that people dislike her, that's your right... but at the same token it is not "fact" that it's ONLY on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3001/12/2013

R18 needs to go on meds. I love stupid idiots like this that go off about other people on DL and dont realize they sound like a raving idiot. I also love when losers like this use the "you're a loser in your mom's basement attack" as a last resort argument. You're arguing on a message board and trying to offend someone by saying they live in a basement and um... pot meet kettle.

R18 use some of the money youre getting from Anne's payroll and get help. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3101/12/2013

You're all just a bunch of big meanies and I hate you! I HATE YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 3201/12/2013

r30, I love the THR roundtable video. You're right, they ALL seem completely tired and exhausted by Anne.

Helen Hunt is the best in that video..

Why hasn't anybody here started a thread on Anne's disastrous acceptance speech at the Critics' Choice Awards two nights ago?

Apparently there was a video clip preceding her category, and they misspelled her name as "Ann". She won, got up on stage, and said something to the effect of:

"This is such a bittersweet moment for me.. I hate doing this, but my name is spelled with an extra 'e'... am I being gauche for saying this?"

This in her acceptance speech !!!!!

She truly is beyond horrible.

WE NEED A THREAD, and if possible a LINK to this new low in AnnE Hathaway's painful hunt for Oscar gold.

by Anonymousreply 3301/12/2013

I still don't understand the Hathaway Haters, but I'm quite confident that the AMPAS doesn't see her the same way.

Hollywood undoubtedly sees her as a hardworking and immensely profitable actress, one who's delivered a string of hits, and who is due for a reward. If she wants an Oscar, well, Sally Field already has two.

by Anonymousreply 3401/12/2013

But they also like Amy Adams, r34. And Jacki Weaver - second nomination in just three years.

What makes you think they would let Adams suffer a fourth time, when they clearly love her?

by Anonymousreply 3501/12/2013

R3, it's a FAIL because Lynn claimed it would get 15 nominations - breaking Titanic's record.

It didn't quite make the record books.

by Anonymousreply 3601/12/2013

Oi! Freak at R21, R23, R24 & R27 - for the last time - it isn't just posters at Datalounge that find Anne Hathaway off-putting. Try expanding your experience of the internet, for a change.

And if you don't even like Anne Hathaway, why do you care? Are you saying that we love to hate her so much that you have to rush to her defense?

Find a real position, already.

by Anonymousreply 3701/12/2013

Seriously. Amy is about to become the Susan Lucci of the Best Supporting Actress category. Let's hope they finally give it to her.

by Anonymousreply 3801/12/2013

I mean, honestly, Les Mis opened in the U.S. on Christmas Day. Did Anne Hathaway really have to go on The Daily Show on last Monday to promote herself once again? I don't think so.

And before you say - oh, it's the studio making her do it! - where is Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne, Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried or Samantha Barks? If they film still requires promotion I'd much rather see some other people than fucking Anne Hathaway.

Honestly, she should disappear until Oscar night. And be prepared to lose to Sally!

by Anonymousreply 3901/12/2013

I don't typically even like Helen Hunt but I love how she just gives Anne this look of... "I can't believe the shit that's coming out of your mouth" throughout the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 4001/12/2013

Once again, I agree with R33 - that's hilarious. You just want to say, "Anne - that's why you have people working for you. Let them do that."

I mean, what a fucking cunt. It's just not the same without the extra "e"!

by Anonymousreply 4101/12/2013

R34, "immensely profitable"? Really? There's a link to site called Box Office Mojo. I think you'll find that Anne can't really carry a film on her own. And no one is going to credit the success of The Dark Knight Rises to Ann Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 4201/12/2013

[quote]WE NEED A THREAD, and if possible a LINK to this new low in AnnE Hathaway's painful hunt for Oscar gold.

No one do this, please.

Not because I like Anne Hathaway, but rather because the Streep Troll is a cunt, and one who cannot even bother to pay $18 a year for this forum he frequents night and day.

by Anonymousreply 4301/12/2013

I thought Amy Adams came off worse than Anne in that HR roundtable, with her whole "WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" act. She also came off as vapid a couple of years ago, I remember Kidman looking at her like she was thinking "Is this bitch serious?".

And Ben Affleck was the inssuferable asshole at the critic's choice awards. He's the one who should be getting hate.

by Anonymousreply 4401/12/2013

[quote]And if you don't even like Anne Hathaway, why do you care? Are you saying that we love to hate her so much that you have to rush to her defense?

It reminds me of whenever South Park does a celebrity imitation. They don't base it on the actual person, they just do a bunch of random stupid shit to be funny. That's what bothers me. It's lazy comedy.

Though if that story about her complaining about the misspelling of her name during an acceptance speech is true, that's pretty obnoxious.

I'm REALLY hoping Amy Adams wins. I know this isn't the Oscar thread, but she's so much better than Hathaway and has paid her dues.

by Anonymousreply 4501/12/2013

I actually liked Amy's rant about wanting to punch the tabloid photographer... it's the first time I've ever seen her have any sort of personality. I usually find her incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 4601/12/2013

R24 / R45? Here's a Google search of the phrase "I hate Anne Hathway" - we don't even rate a hit on the first page.

by Anonymousreply 4701/12/2013

Why do celebrities think we care about their petty problems with the paparazzi?

by Anonymousreply 4801/12/2013

Well I don't hate her. I'm sorry. I've tried, but I'm just so indifferent about her, and don't really find the posts about her funny. She's not a bad actress, but she makes terrible movies, though I did like Brokeback Mountain and TDKR was probably the only role where I kind of liked her.

But Les Miz was unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 4901/12/2013

In that THR Round Table it's hilarious how they're talking about Mila Kunis basically being threatened by a studio that if she didn't do a shoot for Maxim that she'd never work again... and Anne decides to chime in with her relatable story (i.e. let's make it all about me me me)about how she was asked to arrive in a carriage for the Princess Diaries 2 Premiere.

Yes, Anne, that's exactly the same thing as Mila went through.

by Anonymousreply 5001/12/2013

I keep asking this... can you Hathaway Haters explain why you hate this woman so much that you're plastering the Datalounge with your threads and annoying the fuck out of the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 5101/12/2013

r51, the only explanation offered seems to be her "campaigning", which I ;m not sure what that means, as all I've been able to find online is the typical premiere and interview stuff that all actresses do when their movie opens.

by Anonymousreply 5201/12/2013

You're so annoyed that you keep reading? Oh, I see, you're also stupid, which is clear since you also lack reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 5301/12/2013

Because she's a talentless hack. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 5401/12/2013

Why does Anne Hathaway always bitch so much about the two PRINCESS DIARIES movies? They're what put her on the map. And it's not like she was humiliated by them the way Jessica Lange was by KING KONG or Sally Field was by THE FLYING NUN.

All she does is bitch about them. "Oh, I was so typecast... I had to play the perfect princess all the time, and that's not who I am at all! Can you imagine: they made me do publicity for them!" Bitch, bitch, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5501/12/2013

Ooooohhhm betta look out! Betta look out, Mizzy. Harvey's comin' like a big ol' train. Or a steamroller, gonna smack you down an crush you!

by Anonymousreply 5601/12/2013

R51 see R50 and R33

Because she's annoying and makes everything about her.

by Anonymousreply 5701/12/2013

[quote] This entire role, approach, and PR campaign has been planned as an award grab from the moment she even pondered taking it, by the director, the studio, the actress, etc. It's why people loathe her so much. You can see the desperation in her performance. It's not desperation borne from acting the role.

What a stupid thing to say. You're looking for things that aren't there. You're very bitter. And you're making stuff up.

Talk about desperate!

Oh well, hate her all you want. It doesn't change the fact that she is an Oscar nominated actress in a major film. AND YOU AREN'T.

by Anonymousreply 5801/12/2013

This will be Anne's secojnd nomination. Hopefully, we will wait many years for her to win an Oscar. Like Kate Winslet, only without that much talent.

by Anonymousreply 5901/12/2013

OP is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6001/12/2013

R58? We don't need your permission to hate Anne Hathaway or anyone else so you can fuck off now.

by Anonymousreply 6101/12/2013

Here's the offending Critic's Choice clip.

I mean, you just win an award over Sally Field, Amy Adams, Judi Dench, Helen Hunt (and the likeable Ann Dowd), most of whom are in attendance and all you can say is "This is bittersweet for me because they spelled my name wrong"?

You can love you Ann Hathaway all you want but that's pretty self-involved. One "e"? Very reminiscent of Katherine Heigl, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 6201/12/2013

[quote]and the likeable Ann Dowd

Ugh, a week ago most of you didn't even know who she was.

Dowd is the obscure, good but hardly brilliant performance that a small pretentious group hypes every year just to seem more edgy/smart than the rest (See the Streep Troll now saying that Jessica Chastain robbed Dowd of an oscar nom). More than half of you haven't seen Compliance, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 6301/12/2013

When Hathaway goes into the "I probably shouldn't have said that here" and people laugh, there's a shot of Sally Field leaning towards Spielberg and saying "Yeah!". Bitch should know, no one makes cringeworthy speeches like her.

by Anonymousreply 6401/12/2013

Well over 200 million at the box office so far.

I didn't like most of it, but it's nothing even resembling a failure.

by Anonymousreply 6501/12/2013

Russell Crowe made this film unwatchable for me. I couldn't believe how bad his singing was.

by Anonymousreply 6601/12/2013

r61/62 = VD riddled whore.

by Anonymousreply 6701/12/2013

I think the Oscars are desperate for a younger viewing audience, one of the reasons Anne got a nod cause 10 minutes in a movie is not a supporting role. So it would not surprise me if some younger folk get the win. Not as young as Quvenzaine though.

by Anonymousreply 6801/12/2013

It seems r62 Anne was trying to be funny but it is hard accepting her as the winner when her part really was not a supporting one but more in a Broadway play sense,a featured player would be more appropo.

by Anonymousreply 6901/12/2013

[quote]it's a FAIL because Lynn claimed it would get 15 nominations - breaking Titanic's record.

Exactly. Not only Lynn Stairmaster, but several pundits up until Wednesday were predicting record-breaking nominations, like 15 or 16. But it only got half. That's why it was a fail 'cause it underperformed at the Oscars.

Now these same people and fans are predicting LES MIZ to gross over $600 million worldwide, but I don't see happening.

by Anonymousreply 7001/12/2013

Speculation on your part, r63. What if people have seen Compliance?

You're trying too hard to be edgy yourself, by doing your contrarian shtick. You're a clique of one, and pretty transparent.

Also, what's wrong with enjoying and championing obscure acting parts? Mainstream Hollywood is inundating us with mediocre bullshit all the time, so any effort to dig up more worthy material should be commended.

Finally, the clips in r63's link alone give us a good idea of the nominees. Amy Adams mops the floor with AnnE's ugly-crying, and so do Ann Dowd and Helen Hunt. All of them are more impressive than AnnE Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 7101/12/2013

I have seen Dowd's movie and without question she is lead. She is good but the movie is icky like the makers of the film committed the same crime as the crank caller. The story is based on a true story but wasn't done in a believable way. I'm glad she didn't get an Oscar nod...

by Anonymousreply 7201/12/2013

I like Anne as an actress, I think she's one of the best out there right now. But anyone who thinks she hasn't gone overboard in the last few months must be a fan or on her payroll. And it's been mentioned on numerous websites, including her page on IMDB. Who can actually be a lock for an oscar months before the fucking movie even opens?

She didn't do half of this for RACHEL GETTING MARRIED, in my opinion, a FAR superior film and performance.

Anne has barely even discussed the movie she's in and the performance. Everything but talking about what I should be talking about.

But in her defense, it's not just her, she's just one of several actresses in recent years who have made complete fools out of themselves for it. Of course it's nice to win an oscar. But this sense of entitlement that has taken place among the new generation of actors is ridiculous.

Performance? Who gives a shit? I WANT IT. AND I WANT IT NOW.

It's just an oscar, it's not a Nobel Peace Prize. Ask Mira Sorvino or Mercedes Ruehl just how far you mainatain an A list movie career after winning one. Melissa Leo has hers, but at what cost? At some point you need to retain some sense of dignity.

Awards season has become the Black Friday of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7301/12/2013

AnnE Haddaway is going to win the GG tonight. Not because she should, but because the HFPA will play their part in the PR hype machinery. They're not interested in any other candidate in her category.

SAG will go to Sally Field, for sentimental reasons.

Oscar, finally, will go to Amy Adams or Jacki Weaver.

AnnE will be denied the latter two awards, because real industry people are f*cking tired of her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7401/13/2013

Anne is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7501/13/2013

$238,000,000 so far.

3 Golden Globes.

Some "fail."

by Anonymousreply 7601/14/2013

worldwide gross or domestic?

by Anonymousreply 7701/14/2013

The golden globes are determined by fifty of the most corrupt people in the world. They're an industry joke. No one takes them seriously except for Midwestern frauen

And that's the last award the movie will be getting.

by Anonymousreply 7801/14/2013

r73 nailed it! Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 7901/14/2013

233 million is worldwide. But it has yet to open in over 21 countries, and only opened in the UK on Friday. It might just break 500 eventually.

by Anonymousreply 8001/14/2013

[quote]Datalounge has created this delusion of Anne being some major award-hungry cunt

I don't know about Anne but Jackman is certainly an award hungry lying cunt, no doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 8101/14/2013

[quote] The golden globes are determined by fifty of the most corrupt people in the world. They're an industry joke. No one takes them seriously except for Midwestern frauen And that's the last award the movie will be getting

GAVEL DOWN!!! *bang bang bang* I have SPOKEN GODDAMMIT! No more awards for YOU, LESS MISERABLE! THREAD CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8201/14/2013

Lol @ r82. You're such an angry little queen.

by Anonymousreply 8301/14/2013

Right back atcha, r83.

by Anonymousreply 8401/14/2013

Whatever, doll.

by Anonymousreply 8501/14/2013

OK, so I don't know where else to post this question, but I saw Les Miz last night and maybe due to editing some of it was confusing. Why does it seem like Valjean is trying to hide in plain site in a little village with that inspector lingering around all the time? If it's so life and death to avoid detection, why not move away? Then later they are hiding out in that walled in house and they hear some screams and right away it is time to flee to England because they have been detected? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 8602/02/2013

Okay, R86, Valjean was not supposed to be in that little village. It was a totally random place he ended up while running from his parole; nobody would have thought to look for him there, and Javert being assigned there was random as well. Nobody would have recognized him either, he looked so different, even Javert didn't have a clue at first. It was only after Mr. Mayor showed his unusual strength that Javert realized he might have seen him before.

As for Paris: Valjean has a near-miss with Javert, who he is sure will recognize him immediately. He's on the fence as to whether to hit the panic button, and when he hears Eponine scream at the thieves he decides it's time to run. Then revolution breaks out and he changes his mind.

by Anonymousreply 8702/02/2013

If you're watching this movie and you have no knowledge of the source material or the original novel, it was impossible to follow some of the plot and especially some of the motivations of the characters. Why did Russell Crowe's character kill himself? Why didn't Valjean want it known he helped the young man in the sewer? This movie felt like the comic book version of a classic book.

by Anonymousreply 8802/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!