Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I've been off Diet Coke for a week

I feel so much better. I'm shocked. I used to drink about a quart a day.

I think I'm peeing less, hungry less and overall feeling better.

Anyone else have experience with it?

by Anonymousreply 15103/09/2013

That's what I heard.

I quit drinking on New Year's, cigarettes are scheduled for Ash Wednesday, Diet Coke is scheduled for Easter.

(Getting rid of harmful things in my life is the theme my New Year.)

by Anonymousreply 101/10/2013

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 201/10/2013

I stopped drinking Diet Coke and lost 10 pounds in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 301/10/2013

So what do you drink now? Coke Zero?

I drink a 12 pack a day. It's got no calories or nothin so it can't be bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 401/10/2013

Good for you OP. All soft drinks are evil. And Diet Coke tastes like chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 501/10/2013

I prefer Pepsico, lite.

With a twist of lime.

by Anonymousreply 601/10/2013

My new diet: don't eat or drink anything that has a commercial.

by Anonymousreply 701/10/2013

I drank 2 liters of diet coke a day for more years than I would admit to. I gave it up about 3 years ago and it made a big difference. No longer have elevated blood pressure for one thing I started drinking green tea and over a period of several months just weened myself off the soda.

by Anonymousreply 801/10/2013

More than 12oz of diet soda a day can make your feet deform.

by Anonymousreply 901/10/2013

A large new study finds a link between artificial sweeteners (now being rebranded as just "sweeteners), and depression.

Of course, many people have believed there to be a link for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1101/10/2013

Funny, Me too, OP! Feel the same as you. Been guzzling ice-cold water instead.

And not having ANY white carbs = no bread, potatoes or ANY PASTA.

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2013

I'm an inveterate Coke Zero addict. This thread has inspired me to quit, as soon as I drink up what's left in my fridge.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2013

I bet the anti-soda nuts gladly drink alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 1401/10/2013

OP,

Congratulations and thanks for your post!

I must add that this applies not only to Diet Coke, but to all products containing aspartame (Nutrasweet, Equal).

Aspartame is poison!

You may recall that many years ago the "gay icon" Cher advertised Equal. She was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and I believe Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) also.

The parent company of the original patent holder for aspartame was directed by none other than former SecDef Donald Rumsfeld. He has been the butt of jokes regarding aspartame.

Aspartame can be very dangerous; please do not use it!

by Anonymousreply 1501/10/2013

Eddie, there's a low calorie form of Coke!

by Anonymousreply 1601/10/2013

I drink only sugar-free, caffine-free soda pop, but I have tried drinking nothing but water for weeks at a time, just to see if there is any truth to this anti-soda-pop propaganda. I have found no benefit to abstaining from sugar-free, caffine-free soda pop, nor have I experienced any ill effects from drinking as much as I want of it.

by Anonymousreply 1701/10/2013

You should all read the nauseating (but informative) kidney stone thread. You'd never touch any of this shit again.

by Anonymousreply 1901/10/2013

Gave it up a week ago; headaches for a couple of days but nothing now.

by Anonymousreply 2001/10/2013

Diet sodas are poison. There are reasons our cubefrau sisters are so heavy. Diet sodas are one of them. Every office I've been in has fatties guzzling these things down.

by Anonymousreply 2101/10/2013

Diet coke and vodka is divine!

by Anonymousreply 2201/10/2013

I think they put cocaine in Diet Coke to keep people addicted. Surely it cannot be the taste because it is just gross.

by Anonymousreply 2301/10/2013

I gave up booze years ago, so Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi have always been my treat. Love it. Harder to stop than coffee.

I'm still drinking coffee but only a little in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 2401/10/2013

Congratulations OP, and others, for gaining a firm grasp of the obvious.

Guzzling crap is bad for you. Eureka!

by Anonymousreply 2501/10/2013

I gave up all soda on New Year's Day. No headaches or cravings or anything like that. No weight loss either. I must be doing something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2601/10/2013

The headaches are from caffeine withdrawal. The weight loss would be from reduced calorie intake. If you were drinking diet Coke without caffeine, you are not likely to notice any difference in your life except the lack of the pleasure of drinking diet Coke.

by Anonymousreply 2701/10/2013

Yep, I bet the anti-soda radicals drink alcohol and eat saturated fats.

by Anonymousreply 2801/10/2013

Not necessarily true. There is some studies showing that drinking diet soda stimulates the body for calories as it is tasting sugar expecting the calories that don't come.

That is why for some people once they stop constantly drinking diet soda they lose weight even though the actual soda is calorie free.

by Anonymousreply 2901/10/2013

What R17 said.

by Anonymousreply 3001/10/2013

I've been addicted to Diet Coke (although nowadays mostly Diet Coke with Lime at home) since it was first released. And I never drank carbonated beverages before that.

For the past two days, I've attempted to become a coffee drinker -- never have been much of one in the past-- always got my morning caffeine from the Coke. When I was working, I'd down at least three, maybe four cans of Diet Coke before noon.

Of course if I put aspartame in the coffee, I'm not sure I'm going to be improving anything.

by Anonymousreply 3101/10/2013

Serious question for those quitting the Diet Coke - How have you countered or managed the headaches from caffeine withdrawal and the overall tiredness?

by Anonymousreply 3201/10/2013

I gave up all sodas two years ago. It's poison.

by Anonymousreply 3301/10/2013

Don't use aspartame in coffee, unless it is iced coffee! Heat breaks it down and it develops an awful taste. It also has a short shelf life, so all in all, saccharin or splenda are much better sweeteners. I tried stevia and hated it, but I did not like saccharin in the beginning either, and the taste buds developed an appreciation for it over time.

by Anonymousreply 3401/10/2013

Better drop that orange juice whole you're at it!

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2013

*while*

by Anonymousreply 3701/10/2013

[quote]I bet the anti-soda nuts gladly drink alcohol.

Yeah, it's really crazy not to want to ingest harmful substances.

No, I don't drink alcohol. If I drink anything besides water it's either iced or hot tea; iced or hot coffee maybe three times a year.

by Anonymousreply 3801/10/2013

Why is "moderation" such a difficult concept for so many?

by Anonymousreply 3901/10/2013

R34, try NuNaturals brand Stevia. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised because it has no aftertaste. You can buy it at Amazon if your stores don't carry it.

by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2013

What's wrong with drinking alcohol?

I drink a glass of good red wine with dinner nearly everyday.

Occasionally a nice prosecco with friends

In the summer a good beer now and then.

I drink bottled spring water (local).

And that's about it. I have no craving for soda. Maybe in a year I'll drink 2 small glass bottles of Coke (sugar recipe).

It would never dawn on me to drink diet sodas. Diet sodas represent poverty to me.

If you eat well you won't have sugar cravings. I also love naturally ripened fruit in season. I eat an apple a day.

by Anonymousreply 4101/10/2013

R41 = Jessica Lange. Hammered.

by Anonymousreply 4201/10/2013

"Diet sodas represent poverty to me."

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 4301/10/2013

I stopped drinking Coke Zero last year and switched to seltzer water and club soda. Has the carbonation I like but none of the ingredients/sweetner that the other has.

by Anonymousreply 4401/10/2013

But you're insufferable, R41--so, everybody's got problems.

by Anonymousreply 4501/10/2013

Diet coke and any diet soda is chemical poison and harmful to your health.

by Anonymousreply 4601/10/2013

If you have the desire for sweet stuff then eat it... but make it high quality and made with real sugar and no chemical crap. Eat some good dark chocolate. Or something good (and small) from a great pastry shop.

But if you drink diet soda, you will not be satisfied.

I really wonder.... someone who drinks 4 cans of diet soda every morning. What in the world do you look like?

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2013

Hey OP let me guess you're also a fat bossy pushy bottom?

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2013

[quote]Aspartame is poison!

It is not. It's completely safe.

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2013

r46, splain.

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2013

R50, since you seem incapable of typing the following into google.com:

harmful effects of diet soda

here it is for you

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2013

R51 I'm simply trying to help others. Aspartame is the reason my eyes are crossed.

by Anonymousreply 5301/10/2013

Gave up my beloved Coke Classic on Dec 1.

Made it 34 days before I had a slip.... an ice cold 12 oz.

Since that slip, I've had 3 more, but I'm not kicking myself.

4 in 41 days sure beats 2 to 3 a day. Saves me money, too.

On New Year's, I didn't feel like alcohol so I had Welch's sparkling red with my 8 yr old niece.

Tasted SO GOOD and I think that's what got me craving a coke.

I'm back on track now.

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2013

No R49 it's not safe at all.

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2013

Replace it with water and lots of green tea and you will become so healthy you will never be the same. You will be renewed. You will look younger, feel more energy and your mental acuity will increase. You will sleep better and you will never get sick. Ever. You will probably live to be 150 years old.

by Anonymousreply 5601/10/2013

Soda of any variety is for low-class people. A sure sign of poor breeding.

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2013

R49 = Mrs Aspartame Monsanto

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2013

[quote]I really wonder.... someone who drinks 4 cans of diet soda every morning. What in the world do you look like?

I'm 60 and other than being overweight, I look pretty damn good for my age. But I don't smoke or drink and have never done drugs, either.

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2013

Was Diet Coke your caffeine fix, R59?

by Anonymousreply 6001/10/2013

Definitely, R60.

by Anonymousreply 6101/10/2013

Diet soda destroys kidney function

by Anonymousreply 6201/10/2013

R44 - Most of my soda needs are taken care of by fizzy water, too. Be careful with the club soda, though. It has a lot of sodium in it. Seltzer doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 6301/10/2013

From R50's link - Duke doesn't damn diet soda but doesn't praise it either.

by Anonymousreply 6401/10/2013

[quote]No [R49] it's not safe at all.

I love people who fall for hoaxes...

[quote]Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut". The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe as a non-nutritive sweetener.

The artificial sweetener aspartame has been the subject of several controversies since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. The FDA approval of aspartame was highly contested, with critics alleging that the quality of the initial research supporting its safety was inadequate and flawed and that conflicts of interest marred the approval of aspartame. In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.

In spite of this, critics such as activist Betty Martini have promoted claims, undocumented in the medical literature, that numerous health risks (such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, methanol toxicity, blindness, spasms, shooting pains, seizures, headaches, depression, anxiety, memory loss, birth defects and death) are associated with the consumption of aspartame in normal doses. These health risk claims have been examined and debunked by numerous scientific research projects, and are also generally dismissed by governments and major health and food safety organizations.

Publicity of this controversy has been spread through an elaborate health scare and "Internet smear campaign" involving hoax e-mails repeating Betty Martini's widely circulated conspiracy theory. Her undocumented claims are still repeated by thousands of self-published Web sites.

by Anonymousreply 6501/10/2013

[italic]Aspartame is posin[/italic] Marys = [italic]Global warming is a myth[/itlaic] idiots

by Anonymousreply 6601/10/2013

[italic]Aspartame is poison[/italic] MARYS! = [italic]Global warming is a myth[/italic] idiots

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013

Is this the same FDA whose officials often quit and go to work for the chemical and drug companies whose products they approved? It's a corrupt agency, top to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2013

Whose the idiot, r67?

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2013

[/italic]

[quote]Whose the idiot, [R67]?

Oh, dear.

[quote]Is this the same FDA whose officials often quit and go to work for the chemical and drug companies whose products they approved? It's a corrupt agency, top to bottom.

Learn how to read and comprehend, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2013

[quote]THREAD CLOSED

No closing the thread...thread re-opened!

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2013

I do read and comprehend, R70. Why don't you try it now?

Check out the numerous articles all over the Internet about FDA officials who leave the agency for more lucrative jobs in the private sector, after they've approved those companies' toxic products. Monsanto hires lots of FDA personnel.

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2013

Anyone here drink Vitamin Water? It has Stevia as a sweetner. Over a year ago I switched from Diet Coke and Diet Snapple to this. is it healthier?

by Anonymousreply 7301/10/2013

my glands swell when I drink anything with Aspartame in it.

by Anonymousreply 7401/10/2013

For some reason, I've always loved soda -- Coke in particular. As I'm diabetic I have to drink the diet type or nothing since a can of regular soda has way too much sugar in it. Diabetics can have some sugar, but the 22 teaspoons in one can or whatever are just too many. Anyway, I'm not ready to give up my Diet Coke habit just yet. I love it ice cold and it's so good with so many different foods. But really, I don't drink it every day - about 4 cans a week and maybe more one the very rare occasion I go to McDonald's or the fish and chip place near my home which is only a few times a year.

Moderation is the key for any food or drink, but that's not always easy to achieve.

by Anonymousreply 7501/11/2013

When I eat Mexican, I have to have a coke!

by Anonymousreply 7601/11/2013

What does the Mexican drink?

by Anonymousreply 7701/11/2013

Study after study shows that artificial sweeteners make you gain weight. They change your metabolism and screw it up so it's impossible, well nearly, to lose any weight.

by Anonymousreply 7801/11/2013

[quote]Check out the numerous articles all over the Internet about FDA officials who leave the agency for more lucrative jobs in the private sector, after they've approved those companies' toxic products. Monsanto hires lots of FDA personnel.

Yep, every scientist that heads the drug and food safety board in the entire world is lying. Yep.

by Anonymousreply 7901/11/2013

[quote]maybe more one the very rare occasion I go to McDonald's or the fish and chip place near my home which is only a few times a year.

Yep, blame the soda.

by Anonymousreply 8001/11/2013

[quote]Study after study shows that artificial sweeteners make you gain weight.

Wrong, crackpot. Shut your fucking mouth, and then you'll lose weight. You gain weight because you can't stop shoveling shit into your face.

by Anonymousreply 8101/11/2013

Thank you Mrs. Aspartame Monsanto!

by Anonymousreply 8201/11/2013

Aspartame is the new Nicotine

by Anonymousreply 8301/11/2013

So strange how some people refuse to accept that the chemicalized garbage called diet soda is harmful to one's health.

Reminds me of a friend who smokes large cigars and refuses to stop even though he takes in 400 to 4000 different toxins and carcinogens by smoking them.

And that the cigars are harming his circulatory system, his heart, his pulmonary and vascular systems, and also causing memory problems.

His speech even becomes very slurred after smoking a large cigar.

by Anonymousreply 8401/11/2013

Moderation, kids, moderation!

by Anonymousreply 8501/11/2013

I was a water drinker for many years up until last year when I started drinking diet colas. I find it very hard to switch back to water. I wonder if we'll eventually find out that there is something addictive in artificial sweeteners.

by Anonymousreply 8601/11/2013

Diet Coke gave me Epstein-Barr Syndrome!

by Anonymousreply 8701/11/2013

Why bother with moderation, R85? I can see being concerned with moderation when we're talking about real food that has nutritional value and adds to the quality of our lives.

Diet Coke has absolutely nothing I need.

by Anonymousreply 8801/11/2013

Yes. While, I'm currently "on" Diet Coke, I've stopped before for weeks at a time and felt much better. I don't think the results will be the same across the board. For some people it won't make a difference, for some it will. Of course, everyone wants the answer to be absolute.

by Anonymousreply 8901/11/2013

If a substance you are ingesting is harmful, then it doesn't matter how you happen to feel, 89.

No matter how you feel, harmful substances are still harmful.

One shouldn't stop just because onr feels better not ingesting the substance or one doesn't feel a difference - when a substance is harmful, it is still harmful.

by Anonymousreply 9001/11/2013

OP please stay off diet coke and any other pops/soda, it's pure sugar water and wrecks havoc on your kidneys.

by Anonymousreply 9101/11/2013

They make a Diet version?!

by Anonymousreply 9201/11/2013

Periodically I'll drink diet soda. Nothing happens. It's just carbonated fluid. It can occasionally make me burp or fart; that's it.

Periodically, I drink tea, coffee, wine, water, juice. The only thing that I notice is I will be unable to sleep if I drink coffee after 3 pm. So I don't drink it after 3 pm. I do not drink decaffeinated tea or herbal tea in bags. Just breakfast tea and loose leaf spice tea. . I don't drink beer or hard liquor. Mostly I drink water.

I am generally unaffected by anything except thirst if I do not drink adequate fluids.

If you dislike carbonated fluids, you should not drink them. You will be happier.

by Anonymousreply 9301/11/2013

I believe everyone should eat and drink what I eat and drink. I am healthy, slim, attractive, intelligent, well-liked, fit, sweet smelling, an interesting conversationalist, athletic, moderate, a bit daring on occasion, sagacious, clever, humorous, musical, equally left and right brained, inquisitive, strikingly empathetic, cheerful, socially adept, nurturing, confident, thoughtful, judicious and youthful.

Why are there so few people like me? Because they don't live their lives just like I live my life. Among other things, they do not eat and drink the same things I eat and drink and it's a crying shame.

I salute Datalounge for its multiple daily threads on food and drink intake, child behavior, cellphone etiquette, allergies, mental illnesses, psychiatric medications, additives in our environment, chemtrails, lists of appetizers, constant reminders of HGTV's promotion of granite countertops, wallpaper removal and hardwood installations; repeated threads documentiing the well-worn stories about serial and spree murders and general suggestions for right-minded living.

And thank you for reminding us about inferior races and how horrid they can be.

by Anonymousreply 9401/11/2013

R75, I'm R80 and have no idea why you've taken part of my post and framed it completely out of context, do you?

That post was my only one on this thread until this one, so I am not one of those whose said I have trouble losing weight while drinking Diet Coke. Actually, I don't as I have a high metabolism and, as my post said, I only eat McDonald's and fish and chips A FEW TIMES A YEAR -- so yeah, learn to read. My point, which anyone with fourth grade reading comprehension skills can see, is that Diet Coke is fine in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 9501/11/2013

Oops, I meant I'm R75 and you are R80. Bite me.

by Anonymousreply 9601/11/2013

All soda is bad for you. You're drinking chemicals and acid.

Drink water. It's all you need.

by Anonymousreply 9701/11/2013

[quote] My point, which anyone with fourth grade reading comprehension skills can see, is that Diet Coke is fine in moderation.

No it is not. It is wrong. It is wrong not only to drink this abomination, it is even wrong to look upon it. Look away. It is unnatural. It is not that which the Lord gave us from His generous bounty. How can you believe such artifice can safely enter and exit the human body? And do you believe those of us who are informed, intelligent and correct individuals should keep silent as you take inside of you the unnatural drippings of modern chemical manufacture? How can we?

How can we stand by and allow you to be wrong?

We cannot. We must continually upbraid you for your mistakes. It s why we are here.

by Anonymousreply 9801/11/2013

I switched to Truvia 2 yrs ago, I make pink lemonade with it. I had a sip of Diet Coke a few months ago and thought it tasted pretty shitty compared to what I'm used to with Truvia.

by Anonymousreply 9901/11/2013

What are the ingredients of the pink lemonade which you make, R99?

by Anonymousreply 10001/11/2013

[quote] Study after study shows that artificial sweeteners make you gain weight.

I lost 30 pounds just cutting out diet soda. I feel so different...it blows my mind. And all this just since Sept.

This book helped me wean myself off of it.

by Anonymousreply 10101/11/2013

The only potentially harmful substance in Diet Coke is caffeine, unless someone has some sort of allergy or unusual sensitivity. And caffeine-free soda is readily available if someone wants to drink it. Why can't people just do as they please instead of making up crazy theories to try to convince others to fall in line?

by Anonymousreply 10201/11/2013

Kool-Aid brand pink lemonade, r100. I tried all the other flavors and didn't like them, though it might be because most of the flavors are formulated for children. I also think Truvia does go better with citrus flavors.

by Anonymousreply 10301/11/2013

It is deadly.

by Anonymousreply 10401/11/2013

R102, Thank you CocaCola PR!

by Anonymousreply 10501/11/2013

R94, R98, and R102 sound like any typical addict who is addicted to any harmful substance - whether it be overuse of drugs, alcohol, or garbage food - all harmful but the addict continues to argue and defend why they need to continue injecting it into their bodies....

all with a defensive tone and unwillingness to change their harmful unhealthy habits.

by Anonymousreply 10601/11/2013

R94 does have a point, though.

by Anonymousreply 10701/11/2013

Oh, and definitely smoking can be added to the list at R106.

by Anonymousreply 10801/11/2013

Oh Good Grief! Now drinking soda pop is being compared to shooting up with heroin or meth, or smoking. R106 and R108, could you be any more of a drama queen?

by Anonymousreply 10901/11/2013

Aspartame, sugar or high fructose corn syrup- it'll all stain and rot your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 11001/11/2013

What about seltzer/club soda....unflavored, just plain. Is that ok?

by Anonymousreply 11101/11/2013

Sodium, R111

by Anonymousreply 11201/11/2013

I had to quit drinking Coke Zero even though I love it. All that caffeine was affecting me mentally.

by Anonymousreply 11301/11/2013

I used to drink a ton of Diet Coke and Coke Zero. More than 2 liters a day.

I quit all artificial sweeteners several months ago.

I use less insulin now and my blood sugar has improved.

by Anonymousreply 11401/11/2013

"Sodium, [R111]"

Most seltzers are sodium free. Sheesh...

by Anonymousreply 11501/11/2013

I would rather be off milk for a week.

by Anonymousreply 11601/11/2013

Good for you R114, but "more than 2 liters a day" of soda of any kind is excessive as I'm sure you'll agree. Moderation really is different.

R98 I love you.

And I should have added that I only drink caffeine free Diet Coke. It IS readily available as R102 says.

by Anonymousreply 11701/11/2013

No they are not unless specified, R115. Do not take it for granted

by Anonymousreply 11801/11/2013

r112, I think you meant club soda has sodium.

by Anonymousreply 11901/11/2013

I kinda love R98 too.

by Anonymousreply 12001/12/2013

People have been drinking diet soda sine Tab...which tasted awful. I admit to drinking one or two glassses a day. Would it be good if I stopped? I have no idea. I do wonder about diet sweetners if you are diabetic...do they register the same as sugar?

by Anonymousreply 12101/12/2013

artificial sweeteners are the chemical equivalent of fake nice people.

by Anonymousreply 12201/12/2013

You must stop or you shall die. That is why we are here. To tell you what you are doing wrong and to insist you stop doing it. We are here because we love you and want to help you.

by Anonymousreply 12301/12/2013

R121 Diabetic here. I have read conflicting information on the long term of effects of Splenda on blood sugar so I generally avoid it. My doctor never told me to avoid artificial sweeteners, but having given all of them up (I mostly had it in the form of diet soda drinks) since last August, I do feel less hungry. It makes me wonder if the study saying that the artificial sweeteners make our body want extra calories is correct. When I was first diagnosed, I was told that it is always better to eat a smaller portion of cookies (or whatever treat) with real sugar, than a bigger portion of treats with fake sugar. I think that is a good rule for many people to follow, not just diabetics

by Anonymousreply 12401/12/2013

"Smaller portion" is the key. That goes for most things.

by Anonymousreply 12501/12/2013

Yes, limited portion sizes are definitely the way to go on all foods and drinks, but many people don't want to hear and do that. They want "magic" foods for weight loss/health and other foods must be hated. Anyone who wants McDonalds twice a year or Diet Coke twice a week therefore, is seen as the same as people who over-indulge in "treats" constantly.

by Anonymousreply 12601/12/2013

Diet Coke is nasty. Pepsi Max tastes good.

by Anonymousreply 12702/21/2013

Proud to say I'm off diet coke for over a month now, after prob 15 years or more. I have a pot of strong Irish breakfast tea in the morning, and unsweetened tea or just water the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 12802/21/2013

Even Pepsi Next has 15 grams of sugar per serving. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 12902/24/2013

I play in a traditional Irish band and we started performing in pubs a few months ago. I don't drink alcohol and have been drinking endless diet cokes during our performances. Any suggestions for non-alcoholic choices besides sparkling water? I'd like to have something with some flavor.

by Anonymousreply 13002/24/2013

The fucking shit is poison!

by Anonymousreply 13102/24/2013

Diet tonic water with lime has enough bite to sip, yet is still delicious.

by Anonymousreply 13202/24/2013

Diet Coke tastes awful

by Anonymousreply 13303/01/2013

I'm addicted to Coke Zero and trying to cut back.

by Anonymousreply 13403/01/2013

I gave up diet coke 2 years ago after a lifetime of drinking it. I don't feel any different physically, but I feel better about not putting that crap into my body.

by Anonymousreply 13503/01/2013

I have a slightly obese coworker who always orders salads for lunch and drinks two diet Cokes a day at the office.

And she wonders why she can't lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 13603/01/2013

I guess I'm going to fake sugar hell. My new "sin" is Diet Coke with Purdy's No Sugar Added Mini Sweet Georgia Browns.

by Anonymousreply 13703/02/2013

Can you give us a brand name for seltzer water to buy?

by Anonymousreply 13803/03/2013

does soda make anyone else break out?

by Anonymousreply 13903/07/2013

[quote]Diet sodas are poison. There are reasons our cubefrau sisters are so heavy. Diet sodas are one of them. Every office I've been in has fatties guzzling these things down.

I was going to post the same thing. Every office I've ever been in has these fat women literally drinking gallons of that shit diet soda all day long. They also complain of headaches, fatigue and eat and eat all day too. I've tried to gently tell them to kick the soda habit but they just laugh and say "quit listening to that stuff, it's got to be harmless or they wouldn't allow it in our foods". I especially love it when they drink their diet soda with donuts as if the diet soda is going to miraculously negate the calories of the donut.

by Anonymousreply 14003/07/2013

Donald Rumsfeld's company developed aspartame - he rushed it through for approval. It's cancer-causing sheeple poison - GET OFF IT

by Anonymousreply 14103/07/2013

why are soda companies still using aspartame instead of Splenda?

by Anonymousreply 14203/09/2013

I also drank about a quart a day. Loved the stuff. Then one day all I could taste were chemicals. It doesn't tempt me at all. I get my caffeine fix from coffee or tea.

by Anonymousreply 14303/09/2013

[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 14403/09/2013

Is soda water okay? I find it really hard to drink still water - but I love carbonated mineral water and soda water. I think I'm addicted to the sensation of the bubbles.

by Anonymousreply 14503/09/2013

Im r20 and Im still off all soda since Jan 1. No significant weight loss. And I still crave soda from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 14603/09/2013

r146, are you eating more now?

by Anonymousreply 14703/09/2013

I don't think so, r147. And I walk more, often walking home from work (about 2 1/2 miles). Maybe Im just one of those people who have a hard time losing weight. And Im not morbidly obese or anything...at least by non-DL standards. 220#/5'11" - so about 40# overweight.

by Anonymousreply 14803/09/2013

[quote]THREAD CLOSED

Stop! This is a important thread.

by Anonymousreply 14903/09/2013

Diet Coke contains Aspertain. Once I stopped drinking it, the Vertigo went away.

by Anonymousreply 15003/09/2013

An

by Anonymousreply 15103/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.