Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Another entitled cunt

"I make a low 6 figure salary and feel like I have to live like a nun - it is so depressing! I need words of encouragement, thanks!"

"I am just so fucking angry! Will I be able to afford to retire in 5 years at this rate? Will I have to postpone the trip to Italy I am planning in September? When will my young adult children become self-supporting so the Bank of Mommy can shut down?"

Wow

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

I love this reply:

"So, you have pay for a 22YO who lives "expensively," decided to quit her job because she disagreed with her boss, and hasn't bothered to find work since whom you choose to support. You squirrel away some high % of your salary. (More than 10%? I suspect so.) And you are so "angry." Goodness me, let's hope that you don't have to put off that trip to Italy that you're entitled to.

What exactly is it that you are looking for? If it's sympathy, I think not, not from this corner.

Here are my words of encouragement: Shut Up, and be grateful for what you have. The great majority of people in both the U.S. and the world are getting along earning far less than you do. Start working out how to make your children financially independent, even though that might well mean that they learn to have not the plushest life style for a period of time. Maybe work on a little less lot less self-pity.

That would be a good start."

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

This is why we hate them.

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

You know, I can relate to her. I don't make a six figure salary, but it's in the high double digits. I take home less than 45% of my gross salary, haven't had a raise in five years, and am facing a pay cut, increased pension and health insurance costs and other benefit cuts next year (everyone is where I work). Reorganization capped my income a few years ago, preventing further pay increases. The max is now well below what I was promised it would be when I took the job. Plus, the cost of everything like bread, gas, and other necessities keeps going up.

I have a partner so bills are shared, but I would be hard pressed to afford a place on my own. I also have advanced education and a lot of experience but have been unable to find a better paying job because there is so much competion.

I am really grateful to have a good job, but it is also frustrating to keep swimming in place. My deepest understanding and good wishes go to anyone who is struggling on even less income or more hardships. I have been there, too.

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

I somewhat understand where she's coming from - but she has spoiled her kids and she doesn't know what hardship really is.

And - don't mention the family trust is paying for the kids' education. That totally lost me.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

I make 50k a year; my insurance deductible is very high, I have no deductions, and haven't had a raise or a step increase in 15 years. Bite me.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

If you take home 45% of your income, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

She doesn't deserve any better a fate than Marie Antoinette. Time to go, girl...

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

Maybe she can run off and travelwith those twats from New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

[quote]health compromised, middle aged woman

So, fibromyalgia?

by Anonymousreply 901/10/2013

#6, why the name calling? If I could get out of paying health, dental, and vision insurance, union dues, taxes, pension deductions, and the numerous other deductions taken from my paycheck I would like to know how.

by Anonymousreply 1001/10/2013

If only the word DID wound.

by Anonymousreply 1101/10/2013

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2013

This is datalounge GOLD.

Her thread on coffee cake:

"Have been invited to holiday brunch in a couple of weeks and asked to bring a coffee cake. My "usual" recipes are sour cream pound cake, apricot coconut cake, walnut coffee cake. Looking for something different. The party will be about 30 people, someone else is already planning pecan cinnamon rolls. Want something I can do on Saturday to bring on a Sunday. Needs to serve about 12 people. I am fairly accomplished baker, but want a cake not small cookies. Suggestions? Thanks!"

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.