Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are there any heterosexual actors?

Almost every actor I read about on DL is rumored to be gay.

Are there any heterosexual men in Hollywood, or are they all extinct now?

by Anonymousreply 5701/27/2013

Gregory Peck

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

Dead, R1.

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

Um, hello!

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

I think Kevin Sorbo

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

Not in The Village DL, OP.

Now, we might have to blind you or dress up as monsters if you dare to move beyond our walls.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

OP, are you TRYING to attract the straight female posters, who will dutifully rattle off their lists of "SEAN PENN! DONALD SUTHERLAND! THE LATE DENNIS HOPPER! GENE HACKMAN! DENNIS QUAID!" etc.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

There are a portion of DL posters that like to assume every actor is gay. Which is fine, but you shouldn't take them seriously.

If there are sustained and real seeming rumors about someone, then yeah often when there is smoke there is fire, if it just sounds like silly speculation and wishful probably is.

Most actors are straight, unless you are talking about say musical theater and even then probably half of them still are straight. Just basic probability.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

Relax, OP. They are ALL straight -- especially the ones tortured here on a daily basis. Trust me, I know!

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

True, R7. I'm not a frau and in fact on many threads there are actors that I myself speculate about being gay too, but I was just struck recently by the fact that almost every young, good-looking actor is considered gay.

Even when the clues begin to build up towards an actor being more likely to be straight than gay, it's very hard to shake people's perceptions. Some people have trouble accepting that Jensen Ackles, now married with a baby on the way, or Hayden Christensen, still in a relationship with Rachel Bilson and planning to buy a house with her, might actually be straight.

I'd certainly find it enjoyable if they both turn out to be gay because I like to see the reaction of the fangirls in cases like that, but I'm realistic and practical enough to know that not every actor can be gay.

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2013

Eric Stonestreet!

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2013

Michael t. Weiss. I know what you're about to say but unless he just wanted to experiment. He's incredibule a little rough but it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2013

Being straight is the new gay, op. You're onto something.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

There was one in "Hello Dolly." He wore a striped vest and plaid pants in the Parade scene. There are also rumors that one of the brothers was straight in "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers." There was a guy in "Calamity Jane" who claimed to be straight but they found him fooling around with one of the horses so that put him in a very different category.

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

Between the DL'ers swearing that are no straight celebrities and every well known hot man is gay and the DL'ers lamenting that absolutely no one hot is gay, one has to ask, how can both be true?

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

Brandon Beemer. Nadja Bjorlin simply can't be a beard. She is too fabulous and gorgeous a specimen to be bearding. She could be with a wealthy older man instead she's with her.....:)

Johnny Depp. Amber Heard is bi....she's bi for Johnny! He's definitely a good hot guy and she's a hot girl. Depp turned her straight.

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2013

Better question: are there any American actors?

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2013

I'm sure there are plenty of heterosexual actors. It is such a macho profession---just like interior designing, hairdressing, and ballet dancing.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

Yaphet Kotto

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2013

The ugly ones

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

Sean Astin American and Straight.

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

John Astin. American. Straight. Dead?

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

Bill Holden. Possibly Johnny Depp. Women sure think Ryhan Gosling is 100% hetro too.

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2013

Hello? The great majority of them are heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2013

Clint Eastwood. Denzel Washington. Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 2401/09/2013

Chris Evans

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2013

Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 2601/09/2013

There are alot of straight actors in HWood Jim Caviezel Jim Carrey Kevin Bacon, Kevin James, Joshua Jackson,Denzel,Freeman, Ryan Gosling, Ray Stevensen, Clive Owen, Will Farrell, Michael Douglas that's just to name a few answer your question OP?

by Anonymousreply 2701/09/2013

Gabriel Byrne, Michael Fassbender, Liam Neeson - all straight.

Hmm... Irish actors = straight, British actors = gay?

by Anonymousreply 2801/09/2013

Rosie O'Donnell of course.

by Anonymousreply 2901/09/2013

Hasn't it ever occurred to the intelligentsia on DL that some of these young junks are experimenting or bisexuals who settle in with women later on in life. Hello? Anyone out there who actually lifts their head off the computer to get out and live a little?

by Anonymousreply 3001/09/2013

Also, the majority are straight, but there is a larger percentage of gay or bisexual men in acting and other "artistic" endeavors. It's just a fact.

Also, you have a concentration of beautiful men with high libidos and people of both sexes throwing themselves at them. Gay sex is going to happen more often under those circumstances.

And yeah there are a heck of a lot of gay guys in HW that are young and gorgeous. Matt Bomer, Zac Effron, Chace Crawford, Matt Dallas, Jonathan Bennett, Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 3101/09/2013

[quote]Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling

Both have had gay rumors posted about them on DL, particularly Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 3201/10/2013

No I think they're all gay or bi...

by Anonymousreply 3301/10/2013

Danny DeVito.

by Anonymousreply 3401/10/2013

Well there are always the guys that father half a dozen kids, often by multiple women. Kevin Costner, Kelsey Grammer, Mel Gibson all fit that category. I haven't seen anyone here question their hetero status (though what gay man would want those dickwads in our camp anyway?).

Someone upthread mentioned Clint Eastwood is straight, but there have been plenty of rumors on DL that back when he was starting out he was passed around among all the studio heads as a boy toy.

by Anonymousreply 3501/10/2013

R35, isn't that the point? There's always a "rumor" about someone.

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2013

[quote]Well there are always the guys that father half a dozen kids, often by multiple women. Kevin Costner, Kelsey Grammer, Mel Gibson all fit that category. I haven't seen anyone here question their hetero status

Of course their hetero status has been questioned here. There are claims that they're doing multiple women just to overcome their real attraction to men.

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2013

At least half the actors are gay or bisexual. This is fact.

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2013

Brad Pitt??? Bwaaaaahaaaahaaa!

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2013

I'm fairly certain Abe Vigoda is straight.

by Anonymousreply 4001/25/2013

In the early 50's, Frank Sinatra, William Holden, and Glenn Ford were the only three A list that were 100% straight. I wonder why Bing Crosby, Gregory Peck, Kirk Douglas, and Fred MacMurray weren't mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 4101/25/2013

Off-topic but worth mentioning -

James Dean & Sal Mineo were married recently. The Holy Spirit presided.

Dean is prepping to portray John Ford in Howard Hawks' biopic of Ford.

Sal is currently playing "Frankie" in RKO's production of Andrew Holleran's "Dancer From The Dance." (He's all buffed up for the role of the young Italian Stallion.)

Sal will soon play the lead in Alexander Korda's biopic "Sabu, The Jungle Boy."

by Anonymousreply 4201/25/2013

Red Buttons. Straight. Shelly Winters told me so.

by Anonymousreply 4301/25/2013

I may be wrong about some of these, but I never picked up any gay vibe from the following: James Stewart, Michael Douglas, Sean Penn, Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty, Danny DeVito, Gregory Peck, Brad Pitt, Kevin Bacon, and one of my all-time favorites, Lee Marvin. I may be wrong about some of those (I would love to find out that Lee Marvin was gay/bi, yum.) Pretty much every other actor has pinged for me at one time or another. My BF says to take Brad Pitt off the straight list, but I just don't pick up a gay vibe from him.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2013

Every actor is straight while they are alive. Every actor is re-invented as gay after they die.

by Anonymousreply 4501/25/2013

Darwin Porter recants in great detail that James Stewart and Henry Fonda were an item.

by Anonymousreply 4601/25/2013

And Warren Beatty had a fling with James Fox.

by Anonymousreply 4701/25/2013

Jeremy Renner

by Anonymousreply 4801/25/2013

Believed to be 100% straight:

Josh Brolin

Jon Hamm

Mel Gibson

Kevin Costner

Denzel Washington

Tom Hanks

Russell Crowe

Arnold Schwarznegger

Olivier Martinez

Jude Law

Jason Sudeikis

Chris Hemsworth

Daniel Day Lewis

Mark Wahlberg

Ben Affleck

Matt Damon

Ashton Kutcher

Charlie Sheen

Rob Lowe

James Marsden

David Boreanaz

Joe Manganiello

Alexander Skarsgard

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2013

Viggo mortensen

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2013

[quote]Better question: are there any American actors?

Nope. They've all been replaced with trash from the UK, Ireland, and Australia.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2013

John Travolta, Tom Cruise, and Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 5201/26/2013

R49, I've definitely heard a significant amount of bi rumors about Jude Law and Alexander Skarsgaard.

by Anonymousreply 5301/26/2013

R49 I agree with your list. I'd add: Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch and Matthew McFadyen. Not all actors are believed to be gay on DL but there is always some troll who tries to muddy the waters...

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2013

Take Charlie Sheen off the list R49.

by Anonymousreply 5501/26/2013

Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 5601/26/2013

R52 I agree Kevina Spacey is so,so straight. So is Joan Travolta. Not to mention Tammy Cruise. A fun post nonetheless.

Benicio Del Toro is not the biggest skirtchaser but he seems to be straight. Though I would be happy if someone has seen him at any NYC gloryholes lately!

by Anonymousreply 5701/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!