Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Patrick Kennedy on marijuana: ‘Destroys the brain and expedites psychosis’

This is so bizarre I can't honestly figure out what to make of this. He's being mercilessly mocked on the WP comments page by conservatives and liberals alike. I guess at least they can agree upon something...

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2013

This is so strange but since addictions run in his family he may feel that a suseptibility to getting hooked is universal.

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

Sounds like he needs a quick bong-hit to clear his head.

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

And what is spin on alcohol?

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

I don't know. I was watching a film called 'Reefer Madness' last night and it seems the dangers of marihuana were pretty well known even in the 1930s.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

A Kennedy lecturing others on the evils of addiction? How's mom going, Patrick?

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

LOL, r4! Yes Marijuana is sooooo dangerous!

I think that propaganda film was funded and pushed by the alcohol distributors.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

A couple of people on the message board posted that likely big pharma was behind stuff like this since it's in their interest that people are medicated with prescription drugs rather than any kind of natural alternative. That's the only thing that makes sense as to why anyone would embark on this pointless crusade.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

20% of all pot smokers become psychotic on it. Some never come back to reality. It seems to affect whites that way moreso than other races.

The shit that is being sold these days is almost an hallucinogen. I would be very wary of using pot is I were young and had plans and ambitions I wanted to achieve.

And yes, I have seen people ruin their lives just by smoking pot.

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

Thank You Mr Pfizer!

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2013

lots of non pot smokers on here. it does expedite psychosis and is bad for your brain. ask a doctor. i mean a real doc.

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2013

I had a bad trip on pot in 1990, prior to that I never had panic attacks or mood swings. I've had them ever since and no therapy or medication seems to make them go away entirely. I think I had potential for these things due to my family history, but I had a good handle on it and then it all fell apart. Luckily, I still function and work, etc. But if I knew then what I know now, I would have never touched that joint. I'm horrified of hallucinogenics of all kinds, even smelling pot nearby makes me anxious.

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2013

If you have a predisposition for mental illness it can be aggravated by the THC in pot.

Pot itself does not make you go crazy.

End of debate.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

It's probably what the family blamed Martha Moxley's murder on. To make themselves feel better.

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

If someone told me "dude, I just put LSD in your food man, dig it." I would freak out. They would need to bring me to the ER because I'm *that* phobic of hallucinating. Thanks to pot for unlocking all that latent fear. I don't even want to have surgery because I'm afraid of hallucinating from narcotic analgesics.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

Everybody know it's reefer madness.

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2013

His cousin Christopher Kennedy Lawford was a major iv drug user and now has Hep C

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2013

The war on marijuana is the war of a free people versus their wannabe fascist overlords.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

Tell that to a young Obama/Bush/Clinton, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2013

If it weren't for bootleg whiskey, the Kennedys would be nothing but a pack of drunken Irish-American hooligans.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

Alcohol destroys.

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

really, OP? how could you let your jealousy of pat drive you to reach so far on this one. so, the boy speaks the truth, and you attempt to make a DL meme out of him? why don't you just cry. it will make you feel better if you just let it out.

congradulations, op, this is the biggest thread fail of the new year.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

R21 = Joan Kennedy

"congradulations" - oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2013

Consuming too much of a thing (like, drugs, alcohol, food, etc.) can destroy your health. Big whoops.

Moderate use or under supervision will not harm the general population at all.

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!