Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Milkshake" by Kelis

Can't believe this song is 10 years old this year. Love that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

I personally didn't like it. I thought it was very crude and crass, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

I still don't really understand it. Is it about boobs?

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

I drink your milkshake!

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

Ten years, Jesus.

I loved the follow-up, "Trick Me". Great shock-humor lyric. Nice video too. Deserved to do better on the charts than it did.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

"still don't really understand it. Is it about boobs?"

Yes, it's about using boobs to jerk off a dick.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

OP = Tiresome eldergay who still says things like "LOVE that bitch" to express affection or like for someone.

Get some rest, elgergay.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

[quote]OP = Tiresome eldergay who still says things like "LOVE that bitch" to express affection or like for someone.

Only to those completely lacking in imagination, R6.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

I can't forgive her for not using her gift to take a stand against the Bush administration.

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

I thought it was very overrated. People were talking about it like it was a stroke of genius, and that the song would be timeless... The same thing happened with "Fergalicious", and it drove me bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2013

I thought 'Milkshake' was kind of lame; I never liked it. I did like "My Neck, My Back" however, which came out about the same time. It was so filthy and funny.

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2013

I never understood the hype about "Milkshake" either.

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2013

Kelis's first single "Caught Out There" is still ground-breaking. Village Voice did an article on how it took DIY punk ethos and mixed it with R&B, which wasn't done then (and not now either).

The video is still the shit.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

[quote]I personally didn't like it. I thought it was very crude and crass, to be honest.

MAAAAAAARRRRY!!!

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

[quote]he same thing happened with "Fergalicious", and it drove me bonkers.

"Milkshake" will never be "Fergalicious." "Milkshake" is a certified classic. Television shows still use it. It's the perfect track, and it's not corny like so many other classic camp songs.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.