Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Things Anne Hathaway Will Say To The Press Tom'w About Her Oscar Nomination

"Oh no, I'm completely surprised...and proud to be with such strong women."

"I didn't even realize it, I was so upset for Hugh!"

by Anonymousreply 12401/14/2013

"My real reward is the total JOURNEY that I took with this role...I am grateful for that alone."

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

"I forgot the nominations were being announced this morning, so I was asleep when my agent called to give me the good news."

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

"It's really a tribute to my amazing castmembers, our wonderful director and screenwriter...everyone, really."

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

"This is the dream I dreamed in time gone by. Thank you for not killing my dream."

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

I'm a little upset to hear that our WONDERFUL Director Tom Hooper was not nominated since he was able to masterfully guide me into places I never knew I had within me."

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

"It's a shame that artists are asked to compete with each other for a prize. There really is no such thing as "best" when it comes to artistic ouput. However, I'm grateful for the acknowledgement of my work."

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

No way Hugh isn't getting nominated. Sorry, OP. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

"I want to thank Meryl Streep for this. She set the bar so high in "Sophie's Choice" that every time I cried myself to sleep from the weight loss, the hunger and losing my hair, i thought of Meryl doing all of that AND speaking in a flawless Polish accent. She gave me endurance to tackle this role so really... this belongs to her. I love you, Meryl."

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

I'll be ok with a nomination for Anne Hathaway but what I cannot and will not abide is if she or any of the other actors even remotely in the running for an Oscar nomination say in their post- nomination interviews, "Who? Lil ole me?? I didn't even realize the nomination were this morning and I slept right through them! I had messages from my agent and 50 other people when I woke up! I just didn't even know!!" It is so disingenuous when these asswipes say that it's insulting and nauseating. Are we all clear on this now? I'm even talking to you Daniel Day Lewis who will claim he is in Ireland with no phones or Internet like it's potato famine days. Every actor worldwide is up at 5:30AM LA time to get the news. Please!

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2013

"Sally Field just called to invite me on a celebratory Women and Children Safari in Guatemala!"

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2013

Whew, Round 1 was brutal! Can someone bring me an icepack for my pussy? I have to get the swelling down before campaigning kicks into high gear!

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2013

"Vote for me or I'll turn it on, I swear..."

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

R8's post begs for this link.

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

The only thing to like about Anne Hathaway. She should've given up after this.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

A reason to like Helen Hunt - and not just because she cuts off boring Anne Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2013

I'm thrilled to be in the company of Sally Fields. My grandmother is a big fan of hers since she was a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2013

"I'm thrilled to be in the company of Sally Field, who won her first Oscar before I was even born."

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

"I'm so surprised and deeply honored to be nominated with so many great artists."

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2013

Here Anne blathers on, still making excuses about her poor Oscar performance and Helen Cunt REALLY cuts her off and then plunges the knife in.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

"I'm REALLY surprised. My mother said it would never happen."

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

Cotillard-Rust and Bone Jennifer Lawrence-Sliver Linings Playbook Sally Field-Lincoln Jessica Chastain-Zero Dark Thirty Naomi Watts-The Impossible

Poor Ann will not only not be nominated BUT the runt of the litter, Jennifer Lawrence will win. It's a popularity contest remember? If there was justice in the world, Cotillard,Watts and Field would win not some box office bonanza neophyte instead.

R8 Annie would also thank Streep for her great German as well! God, her Polish accent was sick but when she spoke German she sounded like my aunt Gretel back in Munich!

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

I get that Anne is over-campaigning, and that certainly deserves our derision, but the link at R14 sort of proves the bitch is insanely talented. That isn't an easy song to sing, by any means. I sort of miss bitchy divas that actually had the chops to back up their cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2013

"I'm especially happy for my dear friend, Sally Field. Just when everyone thought her career was over, she gets a nomination. She's an inspiration to all of us younger actresses."

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2013

r21 is so confused...

Hathaway and Field are in Supporting actress contention....the others are up for lead actress

by Anonymousreply 2401/09/2013

"They said I'd get two noms. One for alive Fantine and one for Angel Fantine!"

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2013

"I am particularly THRILLED to be nominated again"??

by Anonymousreply 2601/09/2013

'Even though this one's Supporting, it kind of means more than my Best Actress nomination because I got to sing on film and I've always wanted to do a movie musical.'

by Anonymousreply 2901/09/2013

LMAO @ R2! So true!

by Anonymousreply 3001/09/2013

"And isn't it a wonderful surprise that Diane Kruger is nominated, as well? I loved her in Farewell, My Queen. Which, as you know, is also set during a French Revolution, like my film."

by Anonymousreply 3101/09/2013

I never thought I could get an Oscar nomination when I look like my gay brother with this haircut.

Did I mention that my brother's gay? He's GAY!

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2013

Why is her hair still short? Didn't the movie wrap many months ago?

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2013

I think to remind us how BRAVE she was to have her hair cut in movie

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

"You like really like me!"

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2013

So now what will she say about Hugh?

by Anonymousreply 3701/10/2013

Hugh was never in danger of not being nominated. OP was wrong just as I called it.

by Anonymousreply 3801/10/2013

What Anne said:

[quote]“When I got cast, my mother gave me her cast jacket from when she did the tour. I put it on this morning. And I wore it on my first day of filming. I feel like I’m especially sharing it with her,” Anne said. “I’ve received an extraordinary and unusual amount of love for playing this character. I’m still processing it. I’m so very grateful for every second. I had hoped to achieve an Oscar nomination in my life but to be 30 and have two — I don’t know what energy to thank.”

by Anonymousreply 3901/10/2013

[quote] I had hoped to achieve an Oscar nomination in my life.

LMFAO. She sounds like she's been selected for the first mission to Mars.

by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2013

Her real reaction is funnier/more pathetic than anything else posted in this thread!!!

by Anonymousreply 4101/10/2013

I saw Lincoln yesterday. It was a great film but Sally Field was the weakest link in it. Sally was mostly doing her Places in the Heart role. Anne Hathaway was way better.

by Anonymousreply 4201/10/2013

Wow, lots of Anne hate on this board. She is a wonderful talent and beautiful. She might be a cunt in real life, but so are most actresses and most actors are dicks. I don't have to deal with them in real life.

by Anonymousreply 4301/10/2013

R8 Flawless Polish accent? If you only knew how horrible it was.

by Anonymousreply 4401/10/2013

[quote]I had hoped to achieve an Oscar nomination in my life but to be 30 and have two — I don’t know what energy to thank.”

I have to give it to her. She is limited in talent and looks, but she clawed her way to the top. Plus, she has no shame about self-promoting herself to death.

by Anonymousreply 4501/10/2013

While I was starving myself for the role, I always thought of the children of Dafur.

I sent George Clooney a thank you note for his important work, and declined lunch that day in their honor.

by Anonymousreply 4601/10/2013

[quote]Why is her hair still short? Didn't the movie wrap many months ago?

She's going to a live streaming video of her cutting it off again for all Academy voters.

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2013

"I don't know what energy to thank" - wtf?? what is this supposed to mean. Bitch is weird that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2013

Anne is in league with illuminati forces/energies.

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2013

She giggled so much on Jon Stewart I couldn't understand anything she said.

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2013

she's become seriously weird, has gone through some kind of change the past year: now claims to be a longtime vegan (no, just since earlier this year apparently), dresses like a bag lady, drags her homely gofer-husband with her everyplace, talks/acts like she's on speed in every appearance, lost what little humility she had and to top all stopped wearing panties in public.

She should thank her lucky stars she has a career now never mind a nom.

by Anonymousreply 5101/10/2013

She was very appealing in Brokeback Mountain. I guess she truly went 'Hollywood', as did Heath, who couldn't hack it.

I miss the way they were.

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2013

You said it R9! I couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 5301/10/2013

She's a speed addict. Most likely adderall. She'll go away after the Oscars for some "rest". Either that or will muddle through the Spielberg robot flick and then get shipped quietly off to rehab. Seriously. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2013

"I was on screen for less than 20 minutes. I don't deserve this honor."

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2013

She actually did what I forbid her to do!!! She said she was jetlagged from a trip to Europe and was trying to sleep during the announcement of Oscar nominations this morning!! Agggghhhhhhhh! I can't bear it!!! Does this lying bitch have no shame?! Please god let Sally Field win and wipe the Kodak floor with Anne's smug ass!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5601/10/2013

Shut the fuck up,bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2013

"I am extrememly grateful and humbled by this intense honor. To follow up after this most meaningful role I shall next play an airborne nun. I will work so hard at preparing for the solemn part that I shall actually fly. In fact, I can already fly, but I must practice a bit more in a nun's habit for my incredible skill to shine in the most positive light. Then you will all forget that you ever liked that bitch Sally Field."

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2013

Like me? They [italic]really[/italic] like me.

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2013

R56 No more Kodak. It's the Dolby Theatre now.

by Anonymousreply 6001/10/2013

Actually Helen is plunging the knife (in what turns out to be an unfair manner) to the interviewers, whose silly question Anne just happened to be answering.

As it turns out, Helen was the one who ended up sounding like an angry cunt.

R19 either didn't watch the whole thing or is isolating a section out of context to create some anti-Anne heat.

by Anonymousreply 6101/11/2013

I haaaad a faaaaaarm in Aaaafr-eeeeeca...

by Anonymousreply 6201/11/2013

r61, Helen Hunt is doing both things at the same time, if you watch (and listen) carefully: giving it to the interviewers, and making fun of Anne for prioritizing the awards bullshit so much (she is only to happy to talk about it).

I actually like Helen Hunt in this interview.

They ALL seem tired and exhausted by Anne. She really is insufferable...

listen to her self-congratulatory "you couldn't have been more prepared than I was" bullshit, re her hosting gig. Well, if you had been well-prepared, Anne, you would have foressen how your cheerleading job would come across on camera, to a home audience.

You were badly prepared, is what it really is.

by Anonymousreply 6301/11/2013

Anne appears to be in the midst of a full-blown manic stage. If she loses the Oscar, I fear she may turn to terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 6401/11/2013

Nick nack paddywhack! Ooohh gawd!

by Anonymousreply 6501/11/2013

Agree with R63, again (nice attention to detail). I like Helen Hunt. She seems super cool. I'd work with her.

by Anonymousreply 6601/11/2013

I got nominated in spite of my ugly haircut!

by Anonymousreply 6701/11/2013

Agreed, r66.

Hunt seems like the coolest of those ladies.

I don't find them ditzy, except for Anne. Well, she isn't ditzy... just manic, full of herself, and very needy.

And I don't care much for Sally Field's acting, but I like her in real life. I'm glad she got the part in 'Lincoln'.

by Anonymousreply 6801/11/2013

Was Anne this grating when she was nominated for Best Actress? I can't remember paying much attention.

by Anonymousreply 6901/11/2013

She had no chance of winning when she was up BA

by Anonymousreply 7001/11/2013

R54 How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 7101/11/2013

I have a whole new respect for Anne now that its obvious how much she hates her mother. The entire press tour for Les Miserables has consisted of an pointing out how much more successful she is than her mother. It'd be worth it to hear Anne's name called on Oscar night if only to see her mother run up to the stage and grab her daughter's award.

by Anonymousreply 7201/11/2013

Datalounge is far more obsessed with Anne Hathaway than Anne Hathaway is with herself.

DL=Alternate Reality

Come on cunts, move on.

by Anonymousreply 7301/11/2013

Umm... R73, you haven't been paying attention.

Hathaway is just as self-obsessed as most Hollywood actors. Certainly she is more obsessed with herself than anyone who tosses her an occasional post on the DL.

We just want the cunt to lose and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 7401/11/2013

I Love Anne Hathaway, that is all!

by Anonymousreply 7501/11/2013

Where's the Anne we all knew & loved from Brokeback Mountain?

by Anonymousreply 7601/11/2013

I would love to nosh on Anne Hathaway's shit.

by Anonymousreply 7701/11/2013

For the record, Helen Hunt has eaten numerous times at the restaurant I used to own. She is an insufferable bitch. Horrible woman.

by Anonymousreply 7801/11/2013

[quote]If she loses the Oscar, I fear she may turn to terrorism.

"Quick -- get me the showrunners for "Homeland," right away!"

by Anonymousreply 8001/11/2013

Hugh Jackman was nominated, too. But Daniel Day Lewis seems to be a lock to win Best Actor. Frankly, though, I think Jackman was better as Jean Valjean than DDL was as Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 8101/11/2013

Helen just looks like a nasty piece of work. It was rude to say that after Anne had given a very intelligent answer to the question that they had asked.

And let's be real, is the press really beating down Hunt's door? What on earth has she even done from her oscar win up until this past year?

by Anonymousreply 8201/11/2013

Really, R81? I thought Jackman was awful. Well, he started out on a high note. The prolog, and especially his "What Have I Done" soliloquy, were impressive and looked promising. But as the movie progressed, his performance took a nosedive. He couldn't really handle the vocals. It seemed to be out of his range and he struggled to hit the notes and ended up sounding like a braying goat. He totally butchered "Bring Him Home," which is unforgivable. That number should be Valjean's shining moment, and should've clinched the Oscar for him. The stage Valejan's I've seen always got a thunderous applause immediately after. Furthermore, Jackman's acting was inconsistent and at times too forced. He tried, but he failed, IMO. He's one of the many things I disliked about LES MIZ. As much as Hathaway is hated here, she really was its only bright spot.

by Anonymousreply 8301/11/2013

It's Anne with an E and dont forget it. Do none of these critics read the Anne of Green Gables books?

by Anonymousreply 8401/11/2013

She was on The Daily Show and described the ending scene just to make a point about how funny she is. it wasn't that funny and I've never read the book or seen the play so she ruined it for me, that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 8501/11/2013

I'm sorry I didn't have time to shave.

by Anonymousreply 8601/11/2013

Who are you talking about r85?

by Anonymousreply 8701/12/2013

r84, I suggested starting a thread on her "it's Anne with an e" speech, over on the Les Miz thread.

It seems DL completely overlooked her terrible acceptance speech at the Critics' Choice Awards.

We truly need a thread on this !!

"Liza with a Z, Anne with an E"

by Anonymousreply 8801/12/2013

I'm talking about Anne H! She gave away the ending.

by Anonymousreply 8901/12/2013

I'm with the Streep Troll (for once). Anne with an E's speech was horrendous. She realized how gauche that made her sound (she even used that specific term) and added something about it probably not being the appropriate time/place for that. It was kinda awkward.

by Anonymousreply 9001/12/2013

She should have made a Anne of Green Gables joke. That would have been likable.

Isn't her PR person that Huvane guy? This isn't their first time at the rodeo, why is her campaign so obvious and hamfisted?

If the fraus at Celebitchy pick up on it I can only think what the rest of Hollywood thinks.

by Anonymousreply 9101/12/2013

So how she will react if she wins that goddam thing? A lot of tears and snot?

by Anonymousreply 9201/12/2013

Huvane likes over-the-top cartoon women (Aniston, Paltrow).

by Anonymousreply 9301/12/2013

Another way Anne with an E came off as a bitch at the Critics Choice was when they presented Best Actress in an Action Movie. After they listed Hathaway's name (for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES) as one of the nominees, she turned to her husband and mouthed, "I forgot I was even nominated for this." As if she was too good for that category.

by Anonymousreply 9401/12/2013

Has an Alist actress ever gone this crazy over Supporting?

by Anonymousreply 9501/12/2013

Melissa Leo went crazy but she's not really A-list.

by Anonymousreply 9601/12/2013

I have no clue what you are talking about? Oscar nomination? When?

by Anonymousreply 9701/12/2013

Melissa Leo didn't go crazy until AFTER the Critics Choice, Golden Globes, and SAGs were handed out and she won all of them. Then in the month left until the Oscars, she did those crazy glam shots and started complaining about ageism in Hollywood and not getting magazine covers and being slighted. Many people were turned off, even some anonymous Academy members that Entertainment Weekly interviewed. That's why EW gave Steinfeld the win in their final Oscar issue, the week of the Oscars. I too thought she had ruined her chances and was surprised to hear her name called.

But during the BFCAs, GGs, and SAGs, she seemed poised and came off as a respectable actress that Hollywood had taken for granted all those years. I remember reading she'd been fired from HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET in the nineties, and was in an abusive relationship with John Heard. That seemed to garner her some sympathy. But then she went and fucked it up with her atrocious campaigning in the last quarter of the race. Now that's all people remember, that and her equally atrocious acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 9801/12/2013

R98, Melissa Leo was *fired* from HOMICIDE? Stupid move. NBC suits made that show worse and worse every season after the 4th. I've never been able to look at Jon Seda in anything.

by Anonymousreply 9901/12/2013

All you've said is true, r98.

But she remains a great actress. One of the best working today.

And that's why she won, in spite of all her antics.

by Anonymousreply 10001/12/2013

For R99:

by Anonymousreply 10101/12/2013

[quote] she turned to her husband and mouthed, "I forgot I was even nominated for this."

That guy she married must be a complete non-entity. Seriously, no way that's a marriage of two equals. She is the Star of that marriage. I bet she gets a child out of it and five years from now ditches the guy.

by Anonymousreply 10201/12/2013

Will Anne with an E's critics acceptance speech cost her the Oscar? Did it make her look too pretentious?

by Anonymousreply 10301/12/2013

I don't think Anne will win it.

I think the voters will be all 'oh, we've heard enough about her even if it was a great piece of work.'

Backlash. I'd say 50-50 chance now.

by Anonymousreply 10401/12/2013

I think they'll look at her speech and think, "What an ingrate. At least she's not flashing her gash at us."

I'll bet if she wins at the GGs tonight she'll say, "Thank you for spelling my name right!" Everyone will grown and she'll be deep in Karherine Heigl territory.

by Anonymousreply 10501/13/2013

Sally and Amy are conducting themselves with great class but Anne is making a spectacle of herself. If her handlers had just locked her in her house she would be a shoe-in, but now I think there is a definite temptation to award the Oscar to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 10601/13/2013

Maybe she thinks she'll never get another chance at an Oscar, which is why she's been continuously slobbering over herself.

by Anonymousreply 10701/14/2013

It only seems like she's "making a spectacle of herself" if you follow every tiny little thing she says and does.

Having fun, devoting your life to her?

by Anonymousreply 10801/14/2013

This year it's been Affleck and Hathaway overdoing the Oscar campaign, other years it's been other people. It always ends up being an embarrassment to the actor/actress.

by Anonymousreply 10901/14/2013

Ben is pretty bad too. When Argo won Best Drama the announcer said Ben would accept but someone else spoke. The speaker was talking about his good direction you could hear Ben say 'I produced it too'...

by Anonymousreply 11001/14/2013

It was annoying how she ran up to the mike when Les Miz got best picture just so she could thank her manager. It is all about you AnnE isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 11101/14/2013

I noticed that too, R111. She hogged the microphone before the guy could speak. He looked kinda pissed at her.

by Anonymousreply 11201/14/2013

Sally has it in the bag is Anne's performance tonight counts for anything. Nasty, entitled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11301/14/2013

Sally Field did not have bitchface when AnnE was being a bitch to her.

It seems as though Hathaway will win but it would be nice if it went to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 11401/14/2013

Sally looked great. AnnE is looney tunes...

by Anonymousreply 11501/14/2013

In order for AnnE not to win she would have to be not that good (sadly she is some might say ONLY highlight of Les Mis) or do something horrible...

by Anonymousreply 11601/14/2013

Maybe people will feel bad for 4 time loser Amy Adams and throw the vote to her.

by Anonymousreply 11701/14/2013

You all seem to forget that unlike in years past, the Oscar nominations came shortly before the GG winners were announced. It's quite possible for AnnE's behavior now to detail her chances of winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 11801/14/2013

There have been upsets before...

by Anonymousreply 11901/14/2013

I'm predicting news of Ann's divorce within 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 12001/14/2013

[quote] Everyone will grown

Will they also spell words incorrectly?

by Anonymousreply 12101/14/2013

In response to those would think Hunt is cool and would like to work with her....I was offered to work on her movie, found out that it was a period piece with her being naked (aging actress, period work, and nakedness equals misery), and I turned that project down in a heartbeat. My friend ended up working on it and said it was the worst job that she had ever had in here whole life because of those very factors.

by Anonymousreply 12201/14/2013

AnnE's husband is cute.....he needs a boyfriend to console him.

by Anonymousreply 12301/14/2013

Why would Helen Hunt being naked in a movie equal misery?

by Anonymousreply 12401/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!