Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This lyric is from a song in a musical -

but I can't figure out which one and it is stuck in my head and driving me crazy:

"but in the end the price for peace was more than I could pay."

by Mary Mary Maryreply 801/09/2013

by Mary Mary Maryreply 101/09/2013

The song is "Meditation II"

The dream has turned to ashes The wheat has turned to straw And someone asks the question What was the dying for The graves are filled with answers Each one just and true For all men finally reason What else could I do?

I heard the drums The distant guns I tried to turn away But in the end The price of peace Was more than I could pay I have no shame I lay the blame At someone else's door And so the seeds of hate are sown That blow from war to war What for O Lord what for

by Mary Mary Maryreply 201/09/2013

Where else but here could a question be answered so quickly, thanks r1/2.

by Mary Mary Maryreply 301/09/2013

price OF peace

by Mary Mary Maryreply 401/09/2013

Now I keep hearing "O Shenandoah, I long to see you. Away you rolling river" in my mind.

by Mary Mary Maryreply 501/09/2013

If you'd quoted the line correctly, all you needed to do was type it into google.

by Mary Mary Maryreply 601/09/2013

I couldn't remember if it was "of" or "for". I had a suspicion that it was from "Shenandoah" but couldn't confirm. I haven't heard any of that music since the mid-80s. I love that score. Thanks for the help.

by Mary Mary Maryreply 701/09/2013

Great music in that show and a fascinating story. John Cullum sang "Meditation II".

by Mary Mary Maryreply 801/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!