Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RAZZIE Nominations: Streisand for Worst Actress; John Carter Spared

PICTURE: Battleship/ Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure/ That’s My Boy!/ A Thousand Words/ Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

ACTRESS: Katherine Heigl, One For The Money/ Milla Jovovich, Resident Evil #5: Retribution/ Tyler Perry (In Drag), Madea’s Witless Protection/ Kristen Stewart, Snow White and The Huntsman & Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Barbra Streisand, Guilt Trip

ACTOR: Nicolas Cage, Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance & Seeking Justice/ Eddie Murphy, A Thousand Words/ Robert Pattinson, Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Tyler Perry (Not in Drag), Alex Cross & Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds/ Adam Sandler, That’s My Boy!

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Jessica Biel, Playing For Keeps & Total Recall/ Brooklyn Decker, Battleship & What To Expect When You’re Expecting/ Ashley Green, Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Jennifer Lopez, What to Expect When You’re Expecting/ Rihanna, Battleship

SUPPORTING ACTOR: David Hasselhoff (as “Himself”), Pirannha 3-DD/ Taylor Lautner, Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Liam Neeson, Battleship & Wrath of the Titans/ Nick Swardson, That’s My Boy/ Vanilla Ice (as “Himself”), That’s My Boy

DIRECTOR: Sean Anders, That’s My Boy/ Peter Berg, Battleship/ Bill Condon, Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Tyler Perry, Good Deeds & Madea’s Witless Protection/ John Putch, ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART II

by Anonymousreply 8201/11/2013

Rhianna was horrible in Battleship...don't quit your day job, but wait!

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2013

The Razzies are mean. They awarded the Razzie to elderly DeForest Kelley for Star Trek V. He was far from the worst thing in that abortion.

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

And yet they didn't nominate fat ass , un-funny, obnoxious, Seth Rogan.

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

Razzies are basically to punish singers or tabloid mainstays who try their hand at acting. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

I'm glad Kristen Stewart was recognized not only for Twilight but Snow White as well. That hang dog, mouth breathing cunt can't act.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

"Battleship" should take it. I couldn't make it through more than 10 minutes of that turd. It's the earliest I've ever given up on any movie ever.

I also thoroughly approve of KStew's nom. As far as I can tell, she has no redeeming qualities, either personally or professionally.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

I wish the Razzies aimed their targets at dreadful films that are massively overrated, like "Les Miserables" or "Beasts of the Southern Piece of Shit."

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

The Guilt Trip was OK. It wasn't the best thing ever but they just nominated Streisand there to be cunts...it was fine.

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2013

It was terrible, r9.

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2013

John Carter was a flop but it was a good movie.

I hope Tyler Perry wins (loses) both Actor and Actress.

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2013

Meaningless without Prometheus making an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

I'll never understand why Meryl Streep wasn't nominated for "It's Complicated" or "Iron Lady."

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

If Tyler Perry wore his usual dress in Alex Cross it would have been more believable.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

Uninspired.

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2013

[quote]John Carter was a flop but it was a good movie.

That is completely insane. It was awful, like another bad Star Wars movie cast almost entirely with Jar Jar Binkses.

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2013

Oh, dear.

The eldergay Streisand fan gays are in a tizzy. Somebody run to Woolworth's and grab a case of smelling salts. All the old queens around here are about to pass out.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

These would be a lot more fun if instead of nominating universally regarded shit performances in universally regarded shit movies they would show some initiative and honor shit but highly rated performances in shit but highly rated movies.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

I hope the Streep Troll doesn't see that!

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

"ACTOR: Nicolas Cage, Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance & Seeking Justice/ Eddie Murphy, A Thousand Words/ Robert Pattinson, Twilight S.B.D. #2/ Tyler Perry (Not in Drag), Alex Cross & Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds/ Adam Sandler, That’s My Boy!"

Wow, the Best Actor category is an embarrassment of riches! All 5 of those guys deserve it. They should just make it a 5-way tie.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

Barbra was a million times better in GT than Bette Midler was in that Parental Guidance shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2013

Who is Adam Sandler sucking off that he still gets work?

WHO, I ask you???

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2013

As someone who is around jewish mothers non-stop, I can attest to the fact that Barbra was 100% believable in her part. Nominating her was just meanness.

by Anonymousreply 2601/09/2013

John Carter was a landslide of crap CGI, bad storytelling, and lousy acting. It wasn't as bad as it COULD have been, but let's stop kidding ourselves about it actually being GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 2701/09/2013

Not a single nomination for Tim Burton's Dark Shadows?!

by Anonymousreply 2801/09/2013

John Carter was a pretty decent movie which was torn to shreds thanks to a Hollywood industry squabble (change of leadership, ego, financial budget, PR management, etc.). If may not be the best movie ever made, but it didn't deserve the dissing that it got.

The Twilight movies are my guilty pleasure (though I hate Kristen Stewart with a passion, too).

It does surprise me that no TV channel has picked up the rights to air the award ceremony. Would be hilarious to watch how they are dissing the movies.

Apart from Twilight the only movie I have watched so far is Tyler Perry's Madea in Wittness Protection or whatever the title and it was bad. Really deserves the Razzie nomination.

by Anonymousreply 2901/09/2013

Streisand was good, in a very bland movie. Razzie's have to be mean.

by Anonymousreply 3001/09/2013

Razzies are supposed to be blunt and mean.

Twilight are media hyped teen movies. And the rest of these movies mainly got greenlit or any media attention at all thanks to the movie's leading starpower (like Adam Sandler, Tyler Perry, or Babs Streisand).

by Anonymousreply 3101/09/2013

they should try harder to nominate disappointing performances in goods films....Russell Crowe in Les Miz

by Anonymousreply 3201/09/2013

Oogieloves might be for toddlers, but it can still be a particularly bad movie for toddlers, and apparently it is. It's IMDb rating is near the record low, and the movie also broke records in how badly it tanked opening weekend. I don't see anything wrong in singling it out, even toddlers deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2013

If anyone deserves to get "razzed" it's Adam Sandler. He must be the laziest movie star in the world. He just keeps making the same movie over and over again.

I wish Rock of Ages had gotten more "love" from the voters. It was truly horrible.

I thought Streisand was okay in The Guilt Trip - they have a tendency to nominate anyone who appeared in a bad movie, even if his or her performance was several notches better than the material

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2013

[quote]Why doesn't Comedy Central telecast the Razzies?

I enjoy their roasts. But maybe if it was on Comedy Central it would become too cool and they would lose their sting?

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

I liked John Carter. It was fairly by-the-book sci-fi, but it's based on stories that pretty much defined sci-fi.

The script was a bit weak in spots, but definitely better than the Star Wars prequels, which felt like bad fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 3601/09/2013

How DARE they nominate Barbra Streisand? She was wonderful! Those Razzie people are IDIOTS!!

by Anonymousreply 3701/09/2013

[quote]As someone who is around jewish mothers non-stop, I can attest to the fact that Barbra was 100% believable in her part. Nominating her was just meanness.

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 3801/09/2013

If Razzies are supposed to be blunt and mean, where is Seth Rogen's nomination? He's fat, he's ugly, he can't act, he's not funny, and he's terribly, terribly pleased with himself.

by Anonymousreply 3901/09/2013

R19 is right, those Razzies would be a lot more fun.

by Anonymousreply 4001/09/2013

"He's fat, he's ugly, he can't act, he's not funny, and he's terribly, terribly pleased with himself."

Gotta love the datalounge - being fat is just as bad as being untalented!

I don't get the hate for him, maybe you guys would love him if he was manorexic. He was very good in Take This Waltz and I doubt he's any more "pleased with himself" than any other actor.

by Anonymousreply 4101/09/2013

Wrong, r5.

The Razzies try hard to nominate A-listers known for quality work with a lot of Oscars or Hollywood prestige to their names.

Hence the nominations for Barbara Streisand, Bill Condon, Halle Barry, etc.

That's all about embarrassing the big-wigs who should know better (they'll have a heyday with MOVIE 43 and INAPPROPRIATE COMEDY).

But I still think the Razzies' top priority are the biggest and most obvious turds, not just the obscure or unqualified celebrities, which are a lesser priority.

by Anonymousreply 4201/09/2013

Jeff Ross should host, r18.

by Anonymousreply 4301/09/2013

JOHN CARTER wasn't bad, it was just badly marketed and released, so it wasn't seen.

It fails to elevate the genre, but its CGI might be the best I've ever seen.

PROMETHEUS deserves a Most Disappointing Prequel of All Time nomination alongside HANNIBAL and STARS WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE. But PROMETHEUS wasn't terrible.

by Anonymousreply 4401/09/2013

If the Razzies have a bias, it's against chick flicks.

by Anonymousreply 4501/09/2013

The secret of Adam Sandler's success, r25, lies in his savvy for arranging multi-picture commitment deals with studios.

Every third or fourth Adam Sandler movie is a huge hit (note GROWN UPS), so studios agree to keep he and his production company working to get the few movies that stick.

"Who" you ask? The studio in question is Columbia Pictures/Sony.

by Anonymousreply 4601/09/2013

Seth Rogen is hilarious, r39!

Just not in GUILT TRIP, which he didn't write.

by Anonymousreply 4701/09/2013

I liked John Carter.

Kristen Stewart is the worst actress ever.

Watch just 30 seconds of this two minute clip that proves it.

Hands down worst actress ever.

by Anonymousreply 4801/09/2013

Oh it's fun to see the eldergay meltdown over the Streisand nomination!

What's the point of nominating John Carter for a razzie? Fish in a barrel. The makers were obviously just going for a quick buck. Nobody expected Citizen Kane.

But Streisand has done some amazing work, so expectations are higher. That's why you nominate her...because she's slumming in a crap movie for an easy buck. And she should know better.

by Anonymousreply 4901/09/2013

Kristen Stewart haters will enjoy Jenn Proske's impression of her in VAMPIRES SUCK, which is the only good thing about a Friedberg/Seltzer spoof movie EVER.

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2013

The Streisand nomination was uncalled for, unnecessary and mean-spirited. She was fine. You want bad performances? There are plenty of them from which to choose throughout the year. Barbra's wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5101/09/2013

[quote]Eddie Murphy, A Thousand Words

What the hell was this? Did it go almost straight to video?

by Anonymousreply 5201/09/2013

[quote]Gotta love the datalounge - being fat is just as bad as being untalented!

Are you kidding? It's much, much, MUCH worse.

by Anonymousreply 5301/09/2013

John Carter was a very good movie that just didn't do well at the Box Office. It's very well done, visually stunning, and completely entertaining.

Stop ragging on John Carter. You're just piling on ignorant bashing. The movie deserved better than it got.

by Anonymousreply 5401/09/2013

Promethus should have taken writing, directing, and acting razzies, imho.

I'd rather watch Battleship a dozen more times than watch Prometheus even once. I wish I could go back in time to un-see it.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

And R16 and R27 don't know what the fuck they're talking about. John Carter was better than most movies released this year. Not great, but not worth bashing either. I found it entertaining and well done.

by Anonymousreply 5501/09/2013

John Carter was far from good, but not the disaster the PR machine would have you believe it was. Just mediocrity.

The real crime, as someone previously mentioned, is Dark Shadows getting a free pass. That movie was shit and Burton/Depp need to be punished for putting us through it.

by Anonymousreply 5601/09/2013

R41 and R53...no kidding! Gay people here talk about fat people the way breeder male sports fans talk about gay people on their message boards. It's 24/7 hate. I used to wonder what that was about. But a friend explained that closet cases in high school often bully fat kids, especially girls, as a method of deflection. It seems like some people just don't grow out of it.

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2013

Dark Shadows was a total train wreck. Horrible, horrible movie in every conceivable way. Should have been the most nominated picture.

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2013

Among other things I think Prometheus was such a let down beacuse it had such an awesome trailer.

I dont think anyone is saying that John Carter was that GOOD just that there were so many other films that deserved a Razzie.

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2013

I don't get the rudeness to laugh at Barbra Streisand for getting a Razzie nomination...it was wrong and disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 6001/10/2013

I liked JOHN CARTER, too.

I assume everyone else can smell the sizzling brown fat emanating from R57, with her being hot under the collar and all.

by Anonymousreply 6101/10/2013

I bought John Carter on Blu-ray not knowing what it was about, best purchase I ever made...loved it and Taylor Kitsch.

by Anonymousreply 6201/10/2013

where's taken 2?!

by Anonymousreply 6301/10/2013

"But a friend explained that closet cases in high school often bully fat kids, especially girls, as a method of deflection."

Well, if your FRIEND says it, it must be true.

And I guess straight people never picked on the fat kids, right? Because straight people are well known for how kind they are to all races, body types, etc. That's what makes straight people SO wonderful...

by Anonymousreply 6401/10/2013

Director nominee John Putch is the son of beloved TV icon Jean Stapleton!

by Anonymousreply 6501/10/2013

For r52 -

"The poster art for "A Thousand Words" shows Eddie Murphy with duct tape over his mouth, which as a promotional idea ranks right up there with Fred Astaire in leg irons"

by Anonymousreply 6601/10/2013

[quote]The eldergay Streisand fan gays are in a tizzy. Somebody run to Woolworth's and grab a case of smelling salts. All the old queens around here are about to pass out.

Whatev. The point for me is that there are dozens of worse female performances to choose from this year. She wasn't great in the movie but far from the worst.

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013

Barbra was good in TGT. If the awards meant anything Russell Crowe would have gotten a nominaTion...

I remember the year Sandra Bollock won(she also won an Oscar that year) they also had her and Bradley Cooper for Worst Couple. Sandra showed up and told them they wasn't a couple in movie and wondered if they have even seen her movie...

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2013

I fucking hate Seth Rogan, I don't find him fuuny ot the least bit amusing. He's just fat and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2013

John Carter wasn't fantastic, but it doesn't deserve the disdain it gets on here. Neither does Prometheus.

They're both a thousand times better than Battleship, Breaking Dawn 2, A Thousand Words, and That's My Boy.

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2013

Like R19 said, the focus should being on bad performances in/direction of either overpraised or big budget films. It's annoying to see the same films represented in most categories when you know the love could be shared around.

Also, like other posters here, the absence of Dark Shadows surprised me. I watched the trailer for Dark Shadows and vowed I'd never watch the film because it just looked so horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2013

R67 I agree with you.

And why isn't emma stone on the list.?

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2013

[quote]The film's promotion was sabotaged from within by the resentful new regime that took over after the film, and it's enormous budget were green lit.

It was so dumb how they removed the word "...from Mars" in the title because that "Mars Needs Moms" animated film bombed. As if the planet mars was the problem. As if people have a Mars bias.

"John Carter of Mars" is just a much better, more interesting title. Just a name as a title makes me think it's a bad rom-com or something.

by Anonymousreply 7301/10/2013

Where are the nominations for the cast of Dark Knight Rises, specifically Bale, Tom Hardy and Marion Cotillard?

by Anonymousreply 7401/10/2013

Oh puleeeeeeeze, R74.

The Razzie guys can nominate Twilight to their heart's content...

Mention Batman (Thor, Green Lantern etc), and there would be fanboy fatwas issued...

by Anonymousreply 7501/10/2013

God i fucking despise that comic book movies. The stans talk honest shit about Twilight but then how are they even ones to talk when they take nonsensical garbage like Iron Man on a serious level?

by Anonymousreply 7601/10/2013

[quote]God i fucking despise that comic book movies.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 7701/10/2013

[quote]John Carter wasn't fantastic, but it doesn't deserve the disdain it gets on here. Neither does Prometheus.

John Carter certainly doesn't deserve the disdain and bashing it gets, from anyone, anywhere.

Prometheus doesn't deserve your defense, or any defense, or any praise. It was the fucking worst movie ever. And if you disagree then you're just a clueless fuckwad with no taste or standards.

[quote]They're both a thousand times better than Battleship...

Battleship was infinitely more consistent and entertaining than Prometheus. Which admittedly isn't saying much. But it had better writing, acting, characterization, and a plot with less holes in it.

by Anonymousreply 7801/10/2013

Marion Cotillard would kick the shit of you for saying that. Oh, wait a minute.......

by Anonymousreply 7901/10/2013

Barbra Streisand was by far the best thing in the mediocre Guilt Trip. She nailed that character and managed to make her believeably human. It's not her fault if it was edited with an axe and written without flow and followup. She was the only reason it was worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 8001/10/2013

Barbara Streisand's gay son Jason Gould has been reading and posting at Datalounge forever.

I think that explains the unrelenting, bitter defenses of Streisand all over this thread.

Here's a word to the wise, Jason, from your own mother Barbara Streisand:

"Shut the fuck up ... shut up if you can't take a joke!"

Show business is no place for people with thin skins.

by Anonymousreply 8101/10/2013

"Among other things I think Prometheus was such a let down beacuse it had such an awesome trailer"

THIS.

And yes, it was the worst movie of the year.

Plus the second most terrible prequel of all time, behind only The Phantom Menace.

And it's also the worst entry in the Alien saga, even worse than AvP. Quite a feat.

The Razzies have lost all credibility for failing to nominate that POS movie.

by Anonymousreply 8201/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.