Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Bomer, Gaylisting, and "the Gay Actor"

So Bomer basically just dialed it up to 1000 on "The New Normal". I have a suntan from it.

Continuing a discussion from the Jackie Collins thread, is Matt Bomer becoming defined by his sexuality? What kinds of choices should an out actor make so that they can avoid the "gay actor" label? Or is the "gay actor" label inevitable? Is "gay actor" something that can be embraced, or is it something that should be avoided at all costs?

What is the best progress, the highly visible "gay actor", or the "actor who is gay" who can get heterosexual roles?

by Anonymousreply 701/19/2013

OP, just fucking stop with the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

Why is it a bait thread r1?

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2013

I'm sorry, what? I was distracted by his shirtless self.

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

I think we may get more mileage out of combating homophobia in Hollywood than concerned with whether someone should be worried about being labeled "gay actor"....which, by the way, Matt Bomer is. The problem isn't Matt being gay or an okay actor (e.g. Channing Tatum), the problem is homophobes and closet case freakazoids. But we can't blame them for being the paranoid nutbags that they are.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2013

The problem with that is that the straights are always going to be in control of The Industry. Always. They have the luxury of crossing a name off of a casting list and having no one hold them accountable for it.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

So that was acting huh?

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

R4 He is not a gay actor. He is an actor who is gay in real life. That's a huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 701/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.