Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Bomer's on The New Normal at 9:30 tonight!

I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 14703/12/2013

People all across America will be wondering just how the fuck Andrew Rannells managed to bag him.

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

Lena Dunham was a more believable former lover of Rannells'.

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2013

He plays Rannells' ex-boyfriend? Sounds like a fun episode!!

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2013

Sounds like a bad dream!

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2013

And he officially becomes "Gay Actor Matt Bomer"

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2013

And he officially becomes "Gay Actor Matt Bomer"? What bullshit! He can still play any freaking role he wants to... except a tall person.

by Anonymousreply 601/08/2013

You don't have to be tall to play a tall character.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2013

Does he show his ass? I'll accept no less from now on.

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2013

The New Normal is the best made show on TV today. I'm watchng "Go On," the show that is on before TNN, and it's completely unwatchable bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

Keep wishing r6. He should have not accepted a gay role so soon after coming out.

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

R8, I am thankful there is a Bomer ass troll.

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

Bomer goes shirtless on TNN tonight!!!! They just showed this in a teaser.

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

So nice to see an out, talented, successful actor like Matt, unlike so many other closet cases in the business.

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

He'll be playing straight in The Normal Heart. He plays the husband of a doctor who gets infected with HIV while doing AIDS research. Julia Roberts is playing the doctor. I just read the script this weekend. It's loosely based on a play and it is a beautiful screenplay. Ryan Murphy, the creator of The New Normal, is directing.

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2013

It's a fun show tonight! Bomer is looking hot! And more upbeat than I've ever seen him! Which is a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

Shirtless and a kissing scene!

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

He should do more comedy. That was great.

by Anonymousreply 1701/08/2013

did he present his hole?

by Anonymousreply 1801/08/2013

My flower blossomed while watching him tonight. And then it rained!

by Anonymousreply 1901/08/2013

WAIT, R14! So he's not playing the gay lover of Mark Ruffalo, whose infection with HIV causes the Ruffalo character to become an AIDS activist?

FUCK YOU, Ryan Murphy - you're no better than Streisand!

by Anonymousreply 2001/08/2013

He looks insanely fucking hot tonight.

There is no way Simon Halls gets that all for himself, right? That would be a crime against nature.

by Anonymousreply 2101/08/2013

R14 all the reports about the movie says Bomer is playing the gay lover of Mark Ruffalo's character.

"Julia Roberts will play paraplegic physician Emma Brookner who treats some of the earliest victims of the epidemic. Mark Ruffalo will play Ned Weeks (the character based on Kramer) and Matt Bomer will play Felix Turner, a reporter who becomes Ned's lover."

That's hardly playing straight.

by Anonymousreply 2201/08/2013

Also I want to see this but I don't get HBO. I'd probably be one of the few watching it for Mark Ruffalo.

by Anonymousreply 2301/08/2013

R14, are you nuts? A frau? A 14-year old girl? Stupid? Never read a play? Clueless? Never heard of The Normal Heart, 30 fuckin years after the fact? RelativelY FEW men, I believe, catch AIDS from a woman. I'm sure there are statistics that it IS possible, of course. But of COURSE Bomer is playin a gay character; read the fucking play.

by Anonymousreply 2401/08/2013

R12 What is TNN? The Nashville Network? I thought that became Spike.

by Anonymousreply 2501/08/2013

Huh? The thread is about The New Normal, not The Normal Heart. Loved the episode, Matt was so hot!

by Anonymousreply 2601/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013

Uh-oh... not much bulge.

Maybe that's why he's with the elderly Mr. Halls. Cursed with tinymeat?

by Anonymousreply 2901/08/2013

His character reminded me of Rob Lowe's on "Parks and Recreation."

by Anonymousreply 3001/08/2013

R29 Even if he did have tinymeat, he could still have gotten any top that he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 3101/08/2013

Give it a rest R28, he definitely held his own, was funny and looked great. Don't be one of those people who is upset because he was fine with doing a gay role.

by Anonymousreply 3201/08/2013

R29 FUCK YOU!! forty something is NOT elderly bitch! Halls is the total package - handsome/wealthy/family-oriented. Great career/HW connected and a nice big ass cock. They both hit the lotto when they hooked up. I'd be very surprised if they aren't monogamous. If there's dirt someone most definitely would have shared by now. Simon may be powerful but he ain't that powerful. Love how RP played fast and loose with Matt's real life circumstances. Shocked that Simon would allow it.

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2013

Saw this show for the first time today. Bomer was OK, given he had little to do.

The rest of the episode was sort of sad, though Ellen Barkin and the black lady (Shenaynay?) were amusing.

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2013

[quote]a nice big ass cock

How do you know this, R33? Are you the elderly Mr. Halls himself?

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

Well that was embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 3601/09/2013

You are right, and I will give up the pointless hostility.

I don't get the buzz, or the iconography but yeah, he does look good and is not embarrassing.

That is better than nothing and a few others.

by Anonymousreply 3701/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 3801/09/2013

R33 It didn't hit me that this was Bomer's life story until you wrote that. RP seem to love cannibalizing people's lives and using it in his shows.

I watched some of the Glee Project and he based who he chose on their personal bio. Like he picked the muslim girl who was caught between being modern and her traditional family because he wanted to write that story. It seemed like a lazy way to write but you can't really argue with his success.

by Anonymousreply 3901/09/2013

Also how tall is Matt Bomer? I think Andrew Rannells is about 6 feet 2 and he looked much taller than Matt in their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 4001/09/2013

Who is this RP everyone keeps referring to???

by Anonymousreply 4101/09/2013

Sorry R40 It's a typo. I meant RM for Ryan Murphy. I assumed that's who R33 meant as well but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 4201/09/2013

I can't imagine anyone associated with this show ever working again. Bomer is ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 4301/09/2013

Bomer always looks so alert. He needs to relax his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4401/09/2013

Bomer is 5'11', R40.

And R44, Matt's use of his eyes depends on the emotions he's portraying at the time. His eyes are often relaxed on White Collar when required.

by Anonymousreply 4501/09/2013

I don't know, he often looks startled to me.

by Anonymousreply 4601/09/2013

My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big agents in Hollywood says that Matt Bomer has a botox rider in all of his contracts, but stays so youthful he never has to use it!

by Anonymousreply 4701/09/2013

Bomer was fine, but the show is fucking excruciating. Matt needs to stop doing favors for RM by appearing in his shitty TV shows starting from now.

by Anonymousreply 4801/09/2013

R47, what is a "botox rider"? A rider which says the producers have to pay for botox if he ever needs it while working on the show/movie? But he's never used it? In which case, it's possibly something his agent is now putting in all her negotiated contracts, rather than a specific request from Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 4901/09/2013

Yeah, R49, my cousin's friend who is a stylist to all the big agents in Hollywood would really appreciate it if you didn't fucking think so hard about everything and just rolled with the flow, ok?

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2013

NeNe is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 5101/09/2013

R51 = Sheree Whitfield at home in the Chateau Sheree

by Anonymousreply 5201/09/2013

it was a great show.

by Anonymousreply 5301/09/2013

Well, R50, your cousin's friend who is a stylist to all the big agents in Hollywood can go fuck him/herself. As can you.

by Anonymousreply 5401/09/2013

I watched this last night because I kept reading how "hot" Matt Bomer is, and since I don't have cable TV, I did not know who he was. He is just a cookie-cutter twink, who looks like all the rest of them nowadays, so I will just keep watching my DVDs of Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, The Big Valley, and Matt Houston, and leave the cable TV to the young folks. I have watched the pilot episode of this and found it disgusting, so I did not watch it again till last night. People have kept saying one of the men is very nelly and the other one was very butch, but last night they were both playing very nelly. The one of them, the fake wife in the couple, was so nelly that he seems like a cartoon caricature, but the other one was nelly also.

by Anonymousreply 5501/09/2013

R57 is 87 years young.

by Anonymousreply 5601/09/2013

Matt Bomer is gorgeous but not necessarily a rare breed. I've hooked up with hotter on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 5701/09/2013

R55 will be found dead, sprawled out on the couch, pants undone and penis on display, with his Magnum P.I. DVD still in the player. The remote will have fallen out of his hand onto the floor once rigor mortis had set in.

He'll have been dead for weeks and they'll have to un-fuse his ass cheeks from the sofa cushion.

by Anonymousreply 5801/09/2013

R58, with the ironic twist coming in that R55 is playing out a famous plotline from Ryan Murphy's own NIP/TUCK by being skin-fused to the couch!

by Anonymousreply 6101/09/2013

He's certainly oozing with charisma. I mean, he's a beautiful man, but there's something that's kind of magnetic about him that's not solely based on his looks.

I've only ever seen him on his appearances on TNN, Glee, and a summer series he did on ABC called "Traveler," but you just can't take your eyes off him.

by Anonymousreply 6201/09/2013

He's not a twink, R55.

He's actually 36—what many of you would consider an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 6301/09/2013

R33, speak up. I want to know how you know that Simon Halls has a "nice, big-ass cock."

by Anonymousreply 6401/09/2013

Seeing him kiss that disgusting fat Michael Hitchcock made me sick.

by Anonymousreply 6501/09/2013

VOTN, fuck you

by Anonymousreply 6601/09/2013

It's one way to tell the world Bomer was a gay party addict, changed when he hit 30s, Murphy has a full time hard-on for him, and Simon Halls is the ultimate biggest winner.

There was a line: Monty need a controlling man (the egg doctor) to tame his wild side. And, everyone knows how many times we discussed in all the Matt Bomer's threads how controlling Simon Halls is.

by Anonymousreply 6701/09/2013

R67 ... Huh?

by Anonymousreply 6801/09/2013

R67 you nailed it hon.

I also got that feeling that Murphy was giving us a glimpse of the Bomer-Halls life story

Creepy but interesting!

by Anonymousreply 6901/09/2013

...Except Bomer has been with Halls since he was 26.

Thanks for playing though!

by Anonymousreply 7001/09/2013

R70 Really? 10 years?

by Anonymousreply 7101/09/2013

Between 8 and 9 most likely.

by Anonymousreply 7201/09/2013

nodody knows how long they have been together

by Anonymousreply 7301/09/2013

It's highly unlikely. They were "outed" by Perez and then their own statement in 2009. There were no reports of them being together before then, not even one random gossip sighting. Nothing, nada, zilch.

In a thread from 2007, someone claimed that Bomer was single, and in a 2008 article, Halls claimed to be single. Of course, not definitive proof of the kind DL wants, but it would be very strange that they managed to keep a relationship and a kid under wraps from 2003-2009 (going so far as to actively lie about it). Given that there were plenty of posted sightings of them out for coffee and whatnot in 2010 and not a word before, they probably got together in 2008 or 2009.

by Anonymousreply 7401/09/2013

It's an educated guess based on deductive reasoning. Trust me, 26. Simon, 40.

by Anonymousreply 7501/09/2013

They are together since 2008. It's not even 5 years.

Everything else is just a speculation not based on anything factual or logical. Just a wishful thinking from some fangirls, who can't accept the fact that Bomer and Halls weren't together before the kids were born. They think that it would make Bomer less worthy as a parent, although they will never admit it.

by Anonymousreply 7601/09/2013

Damn, the dude has abs for days.

Nene is my favorite part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 7701/09/2013

You guys are never gonna give him credit for fathering that boy, are you?

by Anonymousreply 7801/09/2013

so Halls had the kids on his own r76?

by Anonymousreply 7901/09/2013

He's no Jon-Erik Hexum.

by Anonymousreply 8001/09/2013

R79 Yes

by Anonymousreply 8101/09/2013

Bomer is 35, not 36. He was born in October 1977.

And those of you reaching for some kind of implication about Bomer's real life from the story on the show sound kind of deranged.

by Anonymousreply 8201/09/2013

Why do all the children call Matthew "Daddy"?

by Anonymousreply 8301/09/2013

r79, you can read more about it here:

by Anonymousreply 8401/09/2013

Was the guy who played Monty's eventual partner (the one who runs the clinic) the same actor who was Parker Posey's husband in "Best in Show"?

by Anonymousreply 8501/09/2013

Has Bomer officially adopted the kids?

by Anonymousreply 8601/09/2013

I would hope he adopted the one he fathered.

by Anonymousreply 8701/09/2013

The kids are from a previous relationship, the asian priest for "OZ". Yes r85 that is the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 8801/09/2013

Well R84 linked story from 2008 implied that Simon was a single dad at the time so it seems he wasn't with Matt then.

Also in the article: "I wanted someone who looked like my sisters so my child feels like he looks like the rest of my family,” says Halls. “And I’m not that artistic or musical, so I chose someone who is an artist and has a great musical background. Everybody that I know has had similar criteria"

by Anonymousreply 8901/09/2013

R88 They are not from previous relationship. Halls and that Asian guy (forgot his name) never had a relationship.

Bomer is kids stepfather. When they met, the oldest was already 3, and twins were a few months old.

by Anonymousreply 9001/09/2013

[quote]Well [R84] linked story from 2008 implied that Simon was a single dad at the time so it seems he wasn't with Matt then.

He lied.

by Anonymousreply 9101/09/2013

The thing that was really pitiful about the show had nothing to do with Bomer but with the silly writing. In an episode in which the passage of time is clearly minimal, too many sweeping decisions and personality changes happen in a very tiny time slot.

The daughter is ill advised by the grandmother on outfit and approach to mean girls and then told to do a complete change by Nene. She does (courtesy of a Willam/Drag cameo), dominates her mean girl friends, and wins them over. The boys try to hook up Monty with their egg doctor, he is pathetically ignored by Monty, then mmanages not only to seduce him, win him over, have him move in, but to domesticate him as well, all in a matter of 5 sitcom minutes. And the surrogate's belly never gets bigger so you know this all happened in less than a month.

And none of it is even mildly clever or funny.

The writing at its best is just similar to the weakest plot devices constantly employed in SATC (running into people in restaurants, entire relationship life cycles in one week, etc. Only when these really BAD plot advancement techniques were absent, eas SATC allowed to be good comedy, with decent one-liners, smutty jokes, and sexual shennanigans.

But things like time passage and coincidental plot devices (pretty much the only comedic tools in TNN)are not Ryan Murphy's strong suit, and since there is very little smut (it is after all a family show), I find myself liking TNN only for the serious sappy, romantic moments between B&D.

Hardly the kind of comedy I want to see, but it will have to do, because it IS moving enough at the right moments.

And I HATE how the little girl is written - the female version of the fat kid in Modern Family. And executed just as poorly by a kid who sounds like she's reading. Must be the way some sitcom directors likes to portray "bright" children. For a much better delivery, see Brick in The Middle, portrayed wonderfully as a bizarre child whose fewelings of insecurity seem real and not read from a script.

by Anonymousreply 9201/09/2013

mmanages >> manages

eas >> was

fewelings >> feelings

by Anonymousreply 9301/09/2013

I like The New Normal. It's not the best show on the planet but it can be fun. I've never watched White Collar so this was the first time I saw Bomer acting. Wow what a disappointment! In the pictures I thought he looked handsome I guess. But he's just so bland. Maybe pretty, but boring and disappointingly uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 9401/09/2013

Amazing Matt Bomer in Monty. Very hilarious and he's charm. he's good actor and he play drama and comedy. Good very Good

by Anonymousreply 9501/09/2013

R91 Yep, sure. And nobody noticed that they were together and didn't out them as liars yet. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 9601/09/2013

People tend to mind their own business when it comes to their friends and families.

The editor from the blog Boyculture which regularly covers Bomer said that when he posted the kissing pictures back in 2009, Bomer's friends wrote in the comments section asking him to take them down and said he was married with children; those comments were subsequently removed at the request of Bomer's PR, according to the editor. You can find the page if you have the time.

Bomer started wearing a wedding ring in March 2010 yet gay marriage was only legal in California in 2008.

R96, why does Walker look like Matt?

by Anonymousreply 9701/09/2013

R97 BS. It wasn't Boyculture but Querty, they didn't say that Bomer and Halls are married, but that they live together and the comments were not removed, they are still there. You can't even lie convincingly. LOL

Walker doesn't look like Matt, he looks like Simon. All three kids look like Simon, and Walker probably looks the most like him, so it's really funny that trolls has chosen him as a proof to that ridiculous idea.

And don't even start with the wedding ring argument. Do you know how many gay couples I know, that wear wedding rings and call each other husband, but they are no legally married?

by Anonymousreply 9801/09/2013

[quote]Since this post, Bomer has acknowledged publicly that he is a dad...which is great! I like him, so I'm glad to see he's reverting (a little) back to his initial attitude. He was out in the past, so much so that when Perez "outed" him and I posted about him, a bunch of his friends frantically defended him by saying, "He's not closeted! He's married! He has kids!" Oops. Then his PR shut them all down.

by Anonymousreply 9901/09/2013

R99 That's what he says that they said. Where are the original comments by Bomer's friends, not manipulated by MR? The original comments that were really said and not manipulated can be still found at Querty. No mention about marriage, but relationship and living together. And somehow they were not removed by Bomer's PR, despite what he says. LOL

by Anonymousreply 10001/09/2013

You're not credible R91. The article talks about him and discussing being single parent with his son's classmates. "When Simon Halls went to his two-year-old son’s first music assembly at preschool this past fall, he was hardly the only single dad in the audience beaming with joy. He may well, however, have been the only single gay dad who was expecting twins in the spring. "

He was obviously at a public event where he could be seen by many, and he was there alone as a single dad.. Also you'll notice he was expecting twins while still single. People who are partnered do not pretend to be single dads. Obviously all this was pre Matt.

by Anonymousreply 10101/09/2013

BTW how comments from Querty or Boyculture or whatever can be used as a proof that Bomer was hiding anything? They are from 2009. If his friends were talking about his relationship with Halls and about children, then it's hardly hiding anything. They asked about removing pictures with the ex, who is supposedly a douchebag, not about removing comments. How soemone can say that Bomer was in the closet and as a proof use comments in which people talk about his relationship with a man?

by Anonymousreply 10201/09/2013

So, the show hit the series low in ratings: 1.3 in demo, 3,3 mln in viewers. Of course a lot of it had to do with long hiatus and no good lead-in, but still it doesn't look like the show has a bright future ahead.

by Anonymousreply 10301/09/2013

[quote]People who are partnered do not pretend to be single dads.

Yes. They. Do. If. They. Have. An. Agenda.

The interview appeared in February 2008 and the birth announcement appeared in Variety a month later. In March 2008 USA ordered a cast-contigent pilot for "White Collar." It would have been in development at the network for several months previous. Matt Bomer was cast over the summer. Simon Halls is USA Network's publicist.

He knew what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 10401/09/2013

R104 If he had an agenda and he knew what he was doing, he would not say anything. No interviews and no announcements. Maybe then nobody would notice what he was supposedly trying to hide. If you don't want people to know something, then you better don't talk about it as publicly as he did.

by Anonymousreply 10501/09/2013

R105 I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't make sense. But hindsight is 50/50. It might have seemed more efficient at the time to tell a lie to the press.

by Anonymousreply 10601/09/2013

[quote]So, the show hit the series low in ratings: 1.3 in demo, 3,3 mln in viewers.

Matt Bomer killed the gayest show on network television. He's THAT gay.

by Anonymousreply 10701/09/2013

Also - Bomer seems to be one of the few people in the world who looks worse when he has a tan.

by Anonymousreply 10901/09/2013

This was the first shows back without the Voice as a lead in for the comedies. Instead they had that Betty White reality show. Go On went down to 1.5 and TNN went to 1.3. The only bright sign is with NBC ratings is relative and all their other comedies have bad ratings so it's not dead in the water yet.

But I do remember when Bomer was on Glee, the ratings were poor then also. I guess he doesn't bring up ratings.

by Anonymousreply 11001/09/2013

It was discussed in one of the DL plastic surgery threads. He had a nose refinement done before Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pictures from late 2004 still show him with the old nose.

Again, 2004...

by Anonymousreply 11101/09/2013

Matt Boomer has Bradley Cooper's old crazy eyes. Bradley get over it but Matt has them now.

by Anonymousreply 11201/09/2013

R112 - Yes, I agree.

When they first started promoting White Collar I would watch the promos that had Bomer sitting on a couch in suit or a close-up of him putting on his fedora and I would think, "I know he is supposed to be a sex symbol but he looks like he's crazy!"

by Anonymousreply 11301/09/2013

Matt Bomer and Ian Somerhalder at People's Choice Awards Show

by Anonymousreply 11401/09/2013

That's almost too much pretty at once, R114. I may have a pretty explosion. Somerhalder is sexy and evil looking, and Bomer is Ken Doll like.

by Anonymousreply 11501/09/2013

Re the photo at R114, I'm trying to determine which one of them is wearing the thickest cake of foundation, and I cannot!

by Anonymousreply 11601/09/2013

Matt has a lot more chemistry with the women in White Collar than he did with the men in TNN.

No way Halls would have lied about being single rather than saying nothing. I remember reading an article about gay celebs and the closet or a similar subject in which he essentially says it is hard to undo lies.

by Anonymousreply 11701/09/2013

It's a silly awards show but The New Normal won for best new Comedy at the People's choice awards

by Anonymousreply 11801/09/2013

[quote]But I do remember when Bomer was on Glee, the ratings were poor then also. I guess he doesn't bring up ratings.

Actually, Glee was once again back from hiatus when Matt was on it, and it had higher ratings with Bomer's appearance than it did over the following weeks. TNN is just shit, and nothing can save it. As others have stated, it also had no The Voice lead in, and also, some sites weren't showing TNN and No Go as new episodes.

I don't think Bomer can do much for the ratings of the shitty Murphy shows, but he certainly doesn't hurt them.

As for those of you bitching about Bomer's appearance, or whether or not he or Simon "lied" about when they were together or whatever (no evidence whatsoever to show they did)... Jesus Fucking Christ, you sound like tedious, jealous cunts.

And R104/106, so Simon Halls "knew what he was doing," but at the same time, what he did "doesn't make sense" in hindsight? *motherfucking eye roll*

I do wish the tedious cunts attacking Matt for no good reason would at least get some new material.

by Anonymousreply 11901/10/2013

Love the show and love the episode. Was this the last one this season? The ending felt like a set up for a happy ending conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 12001/10/2013

[quote]or whether or not he or Simon "lied" about when they were together or whatever (no evidence whatsoever to show they did)

! ! !

by Anonymousreply 12201/10/2013

I doubt that he had any plastic surgery. But like someone said earlier, his appearance changes often depending on hair style, tan or not etc. Every time he gaines weight he starts to look the same way he did 10 years ago. His face looks fuller and even his nose looks bigger. Look at his pictures from the beginning of last year, when he was still more butch after Magic Mike and it seems he also gained some additional weight during hiatus. He looked almost the same as on his high school photos. Especially with his hair shorter and styled to look sleak.

He definitely looks much better when he is very thin and doesn't have his hair sleak.

by Anonymousreply 12301/10/2013

[quote] He definitely looks much better when he is very thin and doesn't have his hair sleak.

I don't agree. The thin look is starting to age him a bit, based on TNN caps.

by Anonymousreply 12401/10/2013

great looking great body yet oddly asexual

by Anonymousreply 12501/10/2013

Bomer has terrible hair. This is why his WC character's big trademark is a hat. Look at photos from like 2000 onward, his hair cannot keep a style, he looks like he could not figure out what cut would look good on him. At times he looks downright scary.

For someone who wants to be a famous actor and be in the public eye he has a proundly bad head of hair. The hair people on WC must spend hours shlacking that shit into place for him.

Weird how compltetly different a lot of these celebrities look, the women especially, before the money starts rolling in and before they have access to makeup, wardrobe and style professionals.

by Anonymousreply 12601/10/2013

He's overrated beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 12701/10/2013

He's gone grey.

by Anonymousreply 12801/10/2013

[quote]This was the first shows back without the Voice as a lead in for the comedies. Instead they had that Betty White reality show. Go On went down to 1.5 and TNN went to 1.3. The only bright sign is with NBC ratings is relative and all their other comedies have bad ratings so it's not dead in the water yet.

What was the demographic tally? That's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 12901/10/2013

Awwwww! thanks R122, finally.

by Anonymousreply 13001/10/2013

r129, it's strangely (to me) skewing older. TNN was 2nd in 25-54, third in 18-49, and fourth in 18-34. That's probably at least partly due to the lead-ins, Betty White's show and Go On, which both draw older audiences, but still. I guess the young viewers were all coming from The Voice.

by Anonymousreply 13101/10/2013

It also was showing up as a repeat episode on the guides even though it was new. Some people didn't watch it because of that and some DVRs didn't record it as well.

by Anonymousreply 13201/10/2013

You are all nuts. Matt Bomer is gorgeous (I first fell in love with him when he was Ben on Guiding Light) and The New Normal is an amusing way to pass a half-hour.

There is something seriously wrong with people who can't find any pleasure in things like Bomer or TNN. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 13301/10/2013

[quote] There is something seriously wrong with people who can't find any pleasure in things like Bomer or TNN. Sad, really.

Different strokes, different folks.

by Anonymousreply 13401/10/2013

I always thought White Collar was as dull as dishwater. Then someone had the DVD collections from the first two seasons. So I watched the outtakes, or gag-reels as they are called now, and Bomer just cracked me up.

He has an awesome sense of humor and can make fun of himself (and he has a bit of a potty mouth to boot)and he and Tim DeKay just break each other up, it is so cute to watch. That's when I started liking Matt Bomer and watching the show.

He and Tim DeKay have a great onscreen chemistry and if you watch the gag reels and listen to the commentaries it is really clear that they genuinely like each other and have a lot of fun together (as a matter of fact the entire seem to really enjoy each other).

And although DeKay is straight and has a wife and kids there does seem to be some kind of weird mutual flirtation going on between he and Bomer.

I still think White Collar is as dull as dishwater but Bomer doesn't seem like a bad egg, and DeKay all the restof the cast seem like reasonably nice people, so I wish them the best with the show. Hope it goes for at least a few more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 13501/10/2013

Trolette at R97, R104, etc. (and yes, it's clear you're female): Simon is the biological father of all 3 children - deal with it. It doesn't matter how much proof is out there that they are Simon's (bio) kids, including his own statement about being a single father while expecting twins, you seem to think that linking to a picture of a young child is all the evidence you need of paternity. It's not. And the kid looks like Halls not Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 13601/11/2013

[quote]And the kid looks like Halls not Bomer.

He tends to overreact when people say that.

by Anonymousreply 13701/11/2013

Matt about his appearance on TNN:

[quote]"Matt just looked at Andrew and me and said, 'It's so amazing that we've gotten to a point where we can have a major TV show that's centered on an openly gay couple, and that I can take part in it,'" Bartha recalls.

by Anonymousreply 13801/15/2013

TNN ratings still down, last episode tied series low while Go On improved.

by Anonymousreply 13901/16/2013

One of the funniest episodes of the show - the running with scissors bit and the swift dig at Lea Michelle/Glee were great.

by Anonymousreply 14001/16/2013

Not to mention the strawberry flavored clear lotion!

by Anonymousreply 14101/16/2013

I also really like "Your wife looks like a man." Ha!

by Anonymousreply 14201/16/2013

It was a funny episode yesterday. Wish it was doing better ratings wise but the final ratings did adjust up a tenth for it, so it might still be OK for renewal. Especially considering the other NBC comedies, Whitney and Guys with Kids will probably get crushed by American Idol tonight.

by Anonymousreply 14301/16/2013

That was a really funny episode. Wish more people watched it or the idiots who compile ratings were told to wake up and see the online stats with web views and torrents.

by Anonymousreply 14401/16/2013

R144 Web views and especially torrents don't matter. What matters is how many people watch it on TV so they can see ads. That's how networks make money, they are paid by advertisers. The more watched show, the more ads, the bigger chance for a show to get renewed.

You really believe that networks care about people illegally downloading shows, when the ads are removed or people can fast forward through them? Where are the money for them in that case?

Learn how ratings work and what's the purpose before you call someone an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 14501/17/2013

[quote]TNN ratings still down, last episode tied series low while Go On improved.

Why aren't you bitches watching the show?!

by Anonymousreply 14601/17/2013

R146 Because it's awful.

by Anonymousreply 14703/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!