Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rupert Everett: 'I was a slut because I was furious at Catholicism', says he slept with Ian McKellen

In an interview with the Sunday Times, the gay actor Rupert Everett has said that he was a slut because he was furious with his Catholic faith.

The actor who has spoken at length before about his sex life told the newspaper: “I was a slut. I loved sex.”

Asked if he just loved sex or was furious with Catholicism he replied. “Both. You were told [at school] that if you got a hard-on, you should turn over and say a Hail Mary. You somehow make it work for yourself, but it gives you lots of bubbles inside. I wanted to tear everything down, and the way I found to do it was sex.”

“They didn’t necessarily have to be attractive. It depends how the lights are hitting you and how the drinks are hitting you.”

“My whole life was about sex, really, in one sense or another.”

The actor claimed that society turned against gay people in the 1980s: “People were really turning against gays — they had been so popular in the 1970s. Being black was rather popular in the 1970s, too.”

The actor also discussed his friendship with the legendary actor and gay rights campaigner Sir Ian McKellen. Asked by the interviewer to comment on a line in his autobiography Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins, he told a friend: “I am shagging Ian McKellen, I swear!” “No,” he said “I was friends with Ian McKellen.” Questioned why it’s in his book he replied: “I did sleep with Ian McKellen, I loved stalking people. Now it’s illegal, such a shame. Such fun.”

Yesterday, Everett appeared on the Andrew Marr show and said that Oscar Wilde “fills me with the same compassion that Jesus fills other people with.”

Last year, Everett said: “Why do queens want to go and get married in churches? Obviously this crusty old pathetic, Anglican Church – the most joke-ish church of all jokey churches – of course they don’t want to have queens getting married. It’s kind of understandable that they don’t; they’re crusty old calcified freaks.

“But why do we want to get married in churches? I don’t understand that, myself, personally. I loathe heterosexual weddings; I would never go to a wedding in my life. I loathe the flowers, I loathe the fucking wedding dress, the little bridal tiara. It’s grotesque. It’s just hideous.”

Last year he also said: “I can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads.”

In a 2009 interview he advised gay actors to keep their sexual orientation secret if they want to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 6501/09/2013

What does Rupert do on the days when he can't find a microphone or reporter nearby?

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

My condolences to Sir Ian.

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2013

I condole you, Serena.

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2013

I see bits and pieces of his point(s) but it ends up coming off as weird internalized homophobia.

The whole point is for us to have as many choices as everyone else. If we want to have a life of swinging and sex, we can. If we want to be married, we should be able to.

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2013

What a bitter, nasty twat. He's even uglier on the inside than the outside.

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2013

[quote]I did sleep with Ian McKellen

Snore. Wake me when you have slept with someone who we wouldn't have guessed you slept with. Like Prince Edward or David Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 601/08/2013

The word you're looking for, R5, is CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2013

Wow, so Rupert Everett is out? This is fantastic! Matt Dallas yesterday and today another just matter of fact announcement. Welcome OUT!

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2013

[quote] Wow, so Rupert Everett is out?

Was she ever in?

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

Poor Sir Ian I wonder if he's been tested for HIV,Hep B and C and every other STD known to mankind now that he's imformed of this sad fact!

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

Is this the same excuse that handcuff-and-ballgag priest used?

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

Real classy. Poor Ian.

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

Ugh, is she just completely drug addled?

Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

That interview makes no sense. ITA with R13.

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2013

I'm angry with Roman Catholicism also. That's as good excuse as any.

The man is right about the backlash against homosexuals and, to an even greater extent, bisexuals beginning in the early 1980s. It was tres chic and en vogue to talk about being bisexual in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

Everett might be one of those older gays who identified strongly with what was at one time the outsider or outlaw status of homosexuality. Gay marriage and parenting may mean to him a loss of that identity and the subsuming of gay culture by the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

R16...not "gay culture." It's "closet culture." Some older gay men seem really addicted to the lifestyle of the closet. Rupert is cleary one of those. Gay culture can be many things, and has been. It's not all tricking.

by Anonymousreply 1701/08/2013

I can understand not wanting to get married in a church, but marriage equality is just one of the equal rights we deserve.

by Anonymousreply 1801/08/2013

You can imagine him playing one of Dawn Davenport's high school friends along with Madonna, he would be Cookie Mueller smoking a cigarette with a curled up sneer of a lip "just cuz we're pretty everybody's jealous".

by Anonymousreply 1901/08/2013

Bitch is angry because Ryan Murphy won't put him on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 2001/08/2013

"I would never go to a wedding in my life. I loathe the flowers, I loathe the fucking wedding dress, the little bridal tiara. It’s grotesque. It’s just hideous."

Then why did he go to Madonna's wedding?

This guy is just a tired old queen who's incredibly bitter because he pissed his A list status away by hanging out and partying instead of working on his craft. He thought being friends with Madonna would guarantee him a nice place in showbiz for life. Ask Sandra how that turned out.

Life's a bitch when reality smacks you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 2101/08/2013

Drugs or something is working on this man.

by Anonymousreply 2201/08/2013

What a way to rationalize the fact that you're a slut, Rupert.

by Anonymousreply 2301/08/2013

I thought he'd had work done. You can't tell it by this picture from October.

by Anonymousreply 2401/08/2013

LOL @ R24. He always looks like he just smelled something rancid.

by Anonymousreply 2501/08/2013

I intend to find Rupert and become his lover.

by Anonymousreply 2601/08/2013

Rupert Everett might be interesting if he ever returns to acting. Until then . . . .

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013

rupert, you ARE a slut. don't blame religion, you're not that deep. Everyone who knows you knows you are a ceritified heaux. heaux!

by Anonymousreply 2801/08/2013

Textbook definition of "bitter queen". Buzz off, has-been.

by Anonymousreply 2901/08/2013

R21 Exactly. He's so full of shit and contradictions. He's truly a bitter, miserable man.

And no Rupert - you were a slut simply because you ARE a slut.

by Anonymousreply 3001/08/2013

We pray for those who've wandered from the fold. Oh, bring them back, Good Shepherd of the sheep.

by Anonymousreply 3101/08/2013

He apparently has a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 3201/09/2013

Hey Rupert...TMI.

I pooped in my pants.

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2013

He was good looking for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

R145...yes, he has. I wish I could remember the tape...it was a video tape so it was about 10-13 years that I rented it. I think it was his 10th Anniversary tape......

by Anonymousreply 3601/09/2013

Sorry wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 3701/09/2013

[quote]He apparently has a huge cock.

Greg Gorman (I think) snapped him naked, and he was average. Cut. Given past gossip here there'll be plenty who can confirm if he's a grower.

by Anonymousreply 3801/09/2013

I doubt anyone will hire him these days, except for the stage. He talks too much shit about other people and draws too much negative attention. Then he bites the hand that feeds him by bitching that he should be getting better roles but can't because of homophobia.

Which isn't true in his case. With people like Bomer, yeah, but Everett was never a gorgeous heart throb that straight women would melt over as well. Plus he's not that good of an actor.

by Anonymousreply 3901/09/2013

[quote]He apparently has a huge cock.

Which is useless on a total bottom

by Anonymousreply 4001/09/2013

As he is bisexual, he's obviously not a total bottom.

by Anonymousreply 4101/09/2013

I guess he is a silly, shallow bitch.I think he's honest and he's still a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 4201/09/2013

What does Miss Rupes mean, 'I WAS furious'.

He's always furious.

by Anonymousreply 4301/09/2013

"Obviously this crusty old pathetic, Anglican Church – the most joke-ish church of all jokey churches"

Oh Rupert - the Catholics thank you for the attempt, but they still don't want you...

by Anonymousreply 4401/09/2013

[quote]I intend to find Rupert and become his lover.

Good.

Can you just sit on his face and shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 4501/09/2013

We have had a lot of Rupert here in London this week, interviews in weekend supplements etc. The Oscar Wilde play opens tonight in central London after doing well last year at the small Hampstead theatre (where I saw it), it then toured to selected cities including Dublin. It should be a big hit again and is running until April. Same cast as last year including those naked boys. Rupert has at last found his ideal role. Perhaps he will go on playing Oscar indefinitely ...

by Anonymousreply 4601/09/2013

But r46 wasn't Oscar talented and intelligent?

by Anonymousreply 4701/09/2013

He's over the top, but to a certain extent I identify with him. I don't like weddings either and all the nonsense that goes with them, particularly when they happen in churches. But I understand fully the right to have a wedding and even more the legal rights gained with marriage (state marriage rights are essentially symbolic- Federal marriage rights are the end game to obtain full rights).

Myself, I did not need a hypocritical evil church to justify being a slut- I just was, when I was, and I had fun! Nothing wrong with being a slut, if you are safe.

It was chic to be gay or at gay clubs etc in the 70s- that's what Studio was all about. HIV put us back in the closets- now false modesty/prudism (towel dancing etc) and a kind of misogynism (prejudice against feminine traits in men) have gay men squirming again- it's all over DL. But in general we have come a long long way, for the better.

by Anonymousreply 4801/09/2013

Rupert is just pissed that Hollywood allowed Luke Evans to get back in the closet and be cast in several Hollywood flicks while Rupert has to hunt for microphones and - when gaining back his breath - lights up a cigarette for drama purposes while giving his latest drama rant performance.

I seem to recall that in his biography that was released many years ago he already hinted at having a relationship with Ian McKellen where he writes about an encounter of them playing dress up and putting make up on each other or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 4901/09/2013

That's my next excuse.

I was mad at the church!

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2013

[quote]As he is bisexual, he's obviously not a total bottom.

Feeling up a girl in the tenth grade does not a bisexual make. He's a bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 5101/09/2013

Hisssss!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5201/09/2013

I love him. He is correct. Just wait till you get older, you'll see. I would not want to be his friend. He is too comfortable wallowing in the sad realities of being a fag. But his is right. It would be fun to one night have too many martinis with him and then never see him again.

by Anonymousreply 5301/09/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5401/09/2013

Oh dear God... every time charlie posts something you just want to find his eldergay assisted living 'facility' and snuff him out with a pillow. Mercy killing.

by Anonymousreply 5501/09/2013

You don't need to be a bitter queen when you manage to get yourself a nice support system in a 'Golden Girls' kind of way that helps you to take life as it is and not how it used to or should be.

by Anonymousreply 5601/09/2013

Who, in Sir Ian's heyday, having had the opportunity, didn't sleep with McKellen?

by Anonymousreply 5701/09/2013

R52 has it.

If there was ever a HISSing eldergay, Everett is it.

by Anonymousreply 5801/09/2013

[quote]a kind of misogynism (prejudice against feminine traits in men) have gay men squirming again- it's all over DL.

It's misogyny, Charlie. More of a concern for women on DL.

As for Rupert, he's a disgusting little individual who is generally disliked as he's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5901/09/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6001/09/2013

Rupert Everett was a hot bitch back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 6101/09/2013

I was slutty, when slutty wasn't cool!

by Anonymousreply 6201/09/2013

I would love to see him as Oscar Wilde. Wish he would do it in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 6301/09/2013

Being fifty isn't a tragedy. Not unless you're trying to be twenty-five.

by Anonymousreply 6401/09/2013

Is he seeing anyone? How could any man put up with such misery and vitriol on an hourly basis?

by Anonymousreply 6501/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.