Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

KFC Customer's Disgusting Photo of Chicken Brain — or Kidney — Goes Viral‏

Demonstrating the power of one disgusted customer, a U.K. teen's photo of either a brain or a kidney within his KFC meal has gone viral and prompted the chain to apologize.

Ibrahim Langoo, 19, posted the photo below on his Facebook account last month. Langoo came across the item at a KFC in Colchester, England. The “I just wanted to get out of KFC as quickly as I could. I still feel really sick and disgusted by it all now,” Langoo told The Sun. "I threw it down onto my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick."

A KFC rep told The Sun report Langoo's Facebook photo has now been seen all over the world, likely undoing millions of dollars in KFC advertising.

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013

Does this mean the Corporations are starting to lose their vice like grip on power over people? Hopefully?

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

I never want to look at this.

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2013

Simply some mishandling at the processing plant....

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2013

cant look omg

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2013

I'm probably the wrong person to say this, but the picture isn't as vile as you think.

I mean, it will keep me from KFC for a very, very long time, and it's certainly not something I'd want to see in my bucket o' chicken, but it wouldn't scar someone for life.

Although, I don't know why they're saying it's a kidney. I've never seen a bird kidney, but I don't imagine they're that different from ours.

Of course, had this happened in the US, the kid would already be suing.

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2013

They should mince and bleach their chicken, like McDonald's, then nobody could tell.

by Anonymousreply 601/08/2013

I guess it means (R1) that food prep lapses that can lead to a really gross photo on Facebook, can have a huge impact. But this tactic doesn't work as well with something less photogenic (but more deadly) like e.coli or salmonella poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2013

Exactly R6. If people saw in detail how McNuggets were made, they'd vomit and never eat one again.

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2013

This is probably a hoax. Remember the finger in the soda can? I have personally seen people pulling the "roach in the food" scam at restaurants to get out of paying their check, and more than once, I might add. At one place, when they went to get the manager, she recognized that the same people had pulled the same stunt just a few days previously. They thought they could get away with it again because they did not see anyone to recognize them until the waitress went to get the manager. She called the cops and was planning to press charges against them, and they ran out instead of waiting for the cops.

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

Who eats fast food anyway? I just don't get, I never have. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

Most, if not all, of our processed foods are disgusting. Processed foods are processed so that we won't know what we're eating. Most, if not all, fast food consumers wolf down their "meal" so quickly that they don't take the time to attempt to identify what they're putting into their mouths. In that commercial that I've seen dozens of times, this mcnugget is delicious - who am I to argue? And it's such a great value, too!

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

Think about how small a chicken brain is.

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

It was a chicken kidney and it was fully cooked. It's not like it would hurt you.

In fact at Brown's Chicken you can buy the giblets which are chicken hears, chicken livers, and other assorted organ meats.

A lot of old people and East Europeans love them.

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

Since I live on a very tight budget I can't afford to eat at fast food restaurants. I cook all my meals at home and put the leftovers in the fridge or freezer. I lost a great deal of weight from that (adding to the weight I lost from no longer drinking soft drinks like Coca-Cola).

Pictures and threads like this make me happy that I don't miss out much by not eating KFC and pink slimed Chicken McNuggets.

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2013

R10, right, you've NEVER eaten fast food... therefore nobody else must either. Those billions served every year must be figments of everyone's collective imaginations. Well, except yours, because apparently you have no imagination at all.

Seriously, you ask "who eats fast food"?!?

You're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

It is a kidney -- and it's happened before at KFC! And I don't think it's that gross.

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

R15 chill the heck down. Who are you the jester to fast food queen? Not everybody in the world eats Mickey Ds day in day out. People outside of America actually eat real food and are thin to boot. Go enjoy your junk food and wash out your mouth with soap you silly bitter little thing!

by Anonymousreply 1701/08/2013

Do want a cookie, r14? A gold star? What?

by Anonymousreply 1801/08/2013

r18, your cum dribble down my gullet will suffice, douche.

by Anonymousreply 1901/08/2013

I really don't know what people that eat at places like KFC expect. Moreover, I think it's bizarre when you gorge the meat of a dead animal but then you are totally disgusted by other parts like organs.

And intensive animal husbandry is of course not disgusting? Did he ever in his life waste a thought on that?

by Anonymousreply 2001/08/2013

"I think it's bizarre when you gorge the meat of a dead animal but then you are totally disgusted by other parts like organs."

Thank you! It's a weird combination of idiocy and hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 2101/08/2013

Processing error. Gross, but no grosser than buying your own meat with a tumor or random undesirable biological parts in it (which can happen from time to time). In the 50s, my grandma bought a chicken that was apparently pregnant and not cleaned out all the way. Foreign objects and any type of excrement are way more unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 2201/08/2013

There was part of a pit my supposedly pitted olives, and now I'm going to sue the olive company for my psychological distress.

by Anonymousreply 2301/08/2013

[quote]In the 50s, my grandma bought a chicken that was apparently pregnant

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 2401/08/2013

Maybe KFC is trying to get on board with the whole head-to-tail trend.

Seriously: where do meat-eaters think meat comes from?

If you can eat the muscles of an animal from a fast-food factory-farming shithole, I don't know why they're grossed out by this.

by Anonymousreply 2501/08/2013

Meaning the hen had been fertilized, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2601/08/2013

[quote]A KFC rep told The Sun report Langoo's Facebook photo has now been seen all over the world, likely undoing millions of dollars in KFC advertising.

The photo didn't undo their advertising. A f#*€Ing brain did.

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!