Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you agree with the following statement: "A person who is liked by everyone is doing something wrong"

I read this somewhere. What is your interpretation of the statement?

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

This statement refers to people who have a debilitating need to please everyone. So, if you are liked by everyone, you are not being true to yourself and, if at work, doing the best job. Because individuality and excellence create envy from others.

However, I've seen it used mostly by assholes to justify their abusive behavior and the consequent dislike it creates.

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

Oscar Wilde said something like, "to be popular, one must be very bland."

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2013

If you aren't pissing someone off once in awhile, you aren't doing it right. You have to BE who you are. And that means not everyone is going to like you. What other people think of you is none of your business. Live by that code and you will be much happier.

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2013

Variation: One who is everyone's friend is no one's friend.

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2013

Sometimes you have to look closer. I had an employee who was frankly loved by everyone in the office. I caught him sabotaging the work of another employee, but of course none of the higher ups would believe me.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2013

Reminds me of something my mother used to say: There's no such thing as an honest rich man.

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2013

A person who is like by everyone is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.