Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Al Roker: 'I Pooped My Pants'

Al Roker made quite the confession about his lifelong battle with weight loss during an interview with NBC's Dr. Nancy Snyderman on Sunday's "Dateline."

Roker underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2002 and lost more than 100 pounds. Roker shared some lesser-known side effects from the surgery, which apparently include what both Roker and Snyderman described simply as "pooping your pants."

Video:

by Anonymousreply 4101/08/2013

Disgusting. I'm sure his wife loved cleaning up that.

I wonder if Carnie Wilson experienced that too.

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2013

I saw the interview. That was a pretty brave admission, IMO. Good for him for losing the weight and keeping it off.

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2013

He's still a fat slob and shits in his pants

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2013

Everyone who has gastric bypass experiences this in some way at some time. You learn how to attend to bodily signs that are a little different from ones from before surgery. It's only a big deal at the beginning. And worth the accident or two for the payoff of weight loss and improved health. Trust me, it doesn't happen every day--and I'm not sure it's any worse than someone vomiting from drunkenness or other such things. Don't be such a Mary!

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2013

So how often do these people shit their pants after the surgery? Do they have to wear Depends for the rest of their lives?

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2013

"He lost his shit? Big Fucking Deal. I lost my job!!!"

by Anonymousreply 601/08/2013

TMI! And good for Al for keeping the weight off, but oy.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2013

R1 must be posting from 1954.

Assuming a wife does all the laundry and would even begin to clean up adult accidents.

R1, you could not be more out of it or old-fashioned.

Your immediate thought is that a 'wife' cleans it up.

As an aside, Al was in the White House when it happened so he went to a restroom in the White House and removed his underwear - and tossed the underwear in the garbage, I'm certain - because he said he then carried on without underwear.

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2013

He'll never be able to live this down. It's just one of those things you don't admit to in public, let alone to the world.

Now when people see Al Roker, they'll be thinking about poop.

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

Imagine the poor domestic working at the White House who goes into the guest bathroom to clean out the wastepaper basket and finds those shit-stained XXL fruit of the looms.

If I were she, I'd have resigned immediately!

I wonder if she thought they were Joe Biden's, after an all-night negotiating session....

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

Of all places to shit your pants, you let it loose in the White House! Wow!

I wonder if Carol Channing has a similar story.

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

CORN? I don't remember eating any corn....

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

Al can get rid of the weight but he can't get rid of the UGLY! jus sayin'

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

Ewww I did not need to think about Al Roker taking a dump in his pants!

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

Al pooped his pants, then went into the restroom and tossed his underwear and went commando. Lucky he didn't poop his pants again.

Lesson learned: Always have an extra pair of undies in your purse.

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

Someone needs to tell Al Roker that he's just not funny.

by Anonymousreply 1701/08/2013

This guy is such an old tiresome pig. Why is he still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 1801/08/2013

All the "good for him for being brave enough to lose the weight" comments here proves DL is infested with a legion of fatty fraus.

by Anonymousreply 1901/08/2013

He never learned proper eating habits. Every time "Today" has a food preparation segment, if he's not hosting that segment, you can be sure he'll rush in at the end with a spoon. He's an obnoxious pig.

by Anonymousreply 2001/08/2013

Why admit this? So weird.

by Anonymousreply 2101/08/2013

there are very few of us over 50 that do not shit our pants every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 2201/08/2013

Anyone who shits their pants needs to seek medical attention STAT. Being over 50 has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 2301/08/2013

I don't understand the "good for him" comments. He underwent an expensive and as yet unproven (long term) surgical procedure to lose the weight he gained by eating like a pig. He'll probably gain it all back and be incontinent forever.

by Anonymousreply 2401/08/2013

It would be funnier if Willard Scott admitted to pooping HIS pants. But not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 2501/08/2013

Poops are people too!

by Anonymousreply 2601/08/2013

I remember years ago, when I listened to his show, Howard Stern used to poo poo people like Al Roker who lose weight due to surgery. He thought it was the lazy way of doing it. I agree with him. Get the surgery, but don't expect my praise.

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013

I think it might have been a wrong move to mention that. I agree with another poster that, yep, now when people see Roker they will remember that he pooped his pants. Well, ok, I will. Not that I watch the Today Show anyway, thank goodness.

Hey, I think Roker is all right. Funny sometimes. TOO eager to be liked most of the time but that's forgiveable. I would rather he be that way than a smug cunt like Matt Lauer. But, lord amercy, this revelation did NOT need to be stated on national television.

Would Matt Lauer revealing he pooped HIS pants be remembered? Not that he did, but who else would ever TELL such a story?

by Anonymousreply 2801/08/2013

r27 made an unintentional funny.

by Anonymousreply 2901/08/2013

I would be so happy if I only had to deal with Mr. Danny's underpants.

by Anonymousreply 3001/08/2013

R28, you had me until "lord amercy".

Did you get lost on your way to FreeRepuclic?

by Anonymousreply 3101/08/2013

I realize that Roker was trying to relay a serious problem, but couldn't he have just said something like "incontinence" (or whatever the word is) is one of the side effects os gastic bypass surgery.

Did he really have to reveal all the details? We would have gotten the point and understood.

by Anonymousreply 3201/08/2013

I mentioned this elsewhere but I had something as bad, if not worse, happen to me. I was at a party in a large house and felt an ominous churning and seizing sensation in my abdomen. To be polite, I slipped off to a small bathroom adjacent to a guest bedroom.

Unfortunately, I had just gotten my pants and shorts around my ankles and was starting to sit down when I had very explosive diarrhea. Miraculously, there was none on my clothes but my ass was covered, along with the toilet seat and tank, the walls, towels, and toilet paper roll.

I had to use one of the towels (the only clean one) to clean my behind; the whole roll of toilet paper wouldn't have been enough and would have taken forever. I wanted out of the bathroom fast, before being discovered.

Needless to say, it was impossible to tidy up the room. I wiped and snuck out through the other door, leadind to the guest room, leaving both doors to the bathroom closed.

I made my way back to the party, mortified that someone had seen me slip away. Of course, I never brought it up to the hosts, or anyone else.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that when I got up the next day, I laughed until I cried, imagining the reaction of whoever found my mess. I tried to tell myself that it was probably due to some spoiled hors d'oeuvres, and thus not my fault.

by Anonymousreply 3301/08/2013

It's hardly a lazy way to lose weight--trust me, you have to monitor yourself the rest of your life. The stomach expands again and appetite returns. But it is a wonderful tool with which to begin to live a more healthy life.

by Anonymousreply 3401/08/2013

Wasn't gwb the president then?

by Anonymousreply 3501/08/2013

F&F, r31. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 3601/08/2013

Do I ever get the runny shits? Well, that all "Depends."

by Anonymousreply 3701/08/2013

Oddly, during the same interview where Al Roker said "I pooped my pants", his wife, Deborah, a prominent journalist on ABC's 20/20 talked about their sex life!

How anyone could be physically attracted to Al Roker, I don't understand - but Deborah disclosed that she was not as attracted to Al when he was fat - strangely, though, she married him when he was at the very peak of his fatness.

So she said she was more attracted to him when his is thinner. But he looks odd and sometimes sickly at his thinner weight - and then the interviewer asked if Al is better in bed at his thinner weight - and Deborah said "He is always good, at any weight".

I did not want to hear about it. I can see where Deborah might be attracted to Al's personality, but she discussing being 'attracted' to him is just too much. She is so pretty and he is so unappealing.

He is also radically short. A little dwarf. I saw him standing next to others, and he must be about 5'1 to 5'3".

by Anonymousreply 3801/08/2013

They showed Al's teenage daughter during the interview, and she is quite pretty - luckily she inherited her mother's good looks.

by Anonymousreply 3901/08/2013

Why the hell would ANYONE ever admit to that? Get me the brain bleach.

by Anonymousreply 4001/08/2013

He admitted to it because he wanted to relay one of the chief drawbacks to the surgery which is loss of control of the bowels.

by Anonymousreply 4101/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.