Since 1995

So who's been to Montreal?

And what is the cool shizz to do there?

by Ms. Greply 4901/09/2013

It's just like being in Paris!

by Ms. Greply 101/07/2013

Strippers. Poutine.

by Ms. Greply 201/07/2013

Not the men, OP. I was there for a week on vacation, and the men - while beautiful - are insane.

by Ms. Greply 301/07/2013

Great city to visit, but a lot of foreigners who visit go there expecting a mini Paris. It isn't. it's a medium sized francophone (becoming allophone) Canadian city with cool people, a great music scene, above age public transit and a lot of tolerance for gays. The men there are hot and there seem to be a lot for gorgeous male-male couples holding hands.

However, the hottest male couple I ever saw there was a number of years ago when the shorter French guy (picture a goateed Louis Garrel) was yelling into a cell while simultaneously chastising his much taller hot Marine looking Anglo partner to shut up while he tried to as bargaining with a landlord for the place they wanted.

Oh, and go to Simons on Rue St Catherine sometime in August around the city's Pride. The men's wear section there are mostly gay or gay-friendly guys and you will usually find lots of queens there from the US or other parts of Canada trying to catch their attention.

by Ms. Greply 401/07/2013

Au revoir, sweet manwhores of montreal

by Ms. Greply 501/07/2013

Massive poutine hounds.

Big PQ supporters.

by Ms. Greply 601/07/2013

What's the lez scene like?

by Ms. Greply 701/07/2013

In summer fabulous music, film, and fireworks festivals.

by Ms. Greply 801/07/2013

Montreal's fireworks competition is the biggest in the world.

by Ms. Greply 901/07/2013

Unfortunately, the lazy bastards have yet to produce their schedule for 2013, which has to be a negative for tourism.

by Ms. Greply 1001/07/2013

Well for daytime activity, you might visit the Notre Dame Basilica.

by Ms. Greply 1101/07/2013

Dreadfully tawdry gay village. Insane xenophonic French-Canadians.

by Ms. Greply 1201/07/2013

I live there. What are you interested in?

by Ms. Greply 1301/07/2013

For starters, what the hell time zone is it in?

by Ms. Greply 1401/07/2013

The male prostitutes are hawtest!

No wait, that was Toronto.

Never mind!

by Ms. Greply 1501/07/2013

Oh my.

by Ms. Greply 1601/07/2013

See Jesus of Montreal

by Ms. Greply 1701/07/2013

Burgoyne.

by Ms. Greply 1801/07/2013

Eastern R14

I'm biased against the place as the gay Anglos I knew there were bitter old queens.

by Ms. Greply 1901/07/2013

Don't do what tourists do and just go up and down St. Catherine and then bitch about how boring the city is. Go to the Plateau and other neighborhoods. Don't go during the winter.

by Ms. Greply 2001/07/2013

The québécois are odd. In many countries, the locals appreciate an attempt to communicate in their native language. Not the québécois.

No matter how fluent your French, if they detect anything other than a French or Canadian accent, they'll pretend to not understand. Or worse, they'll correct your pronunciation. Small shopkeepers and store clerks are especially bad about this.

Since I never have any trouble being understood in France. I don't think it's me.

I'm in a monogamous relationship so I can't comment too much on the men except to say I found them very charming and handsome.

by Ms. Greply 2101/07/2013

If you speak a reasonable amount of French and are reasonably good-looking, be prepared to have your brains fucked out. You will also be expected to do some serious topping, too.

Quebecois are sexual animals. In no other part of the world have I ever been treated like such a piece of meat as in Montreal and Quebec City.

My employer sent me there for two weeks. Spent most of that time in what I now recognize as slings, steam rooms, and dungeons... when all I wanted to do was to practice my high school French with some gentlemen while eating snails. I'm from SF and had never even worn a cockring before.

The cab ride to the airport was very long. Hopefully, they have a train or light rail going there now. Sorry, that's all I remember about Quebec.

Am now officially single and thinking of booking a trip there again. So delightful.

by Ms. Greply 2201/07/2013

You're supposed to go to Schwartz's and get a hot meat sandwich. That's all I know.

by Ms. Greply 2301/07/2013

Why go to Montreal when you can go to France and why go to Canada when you can go to America .

by Ms. Greply 2401/07/2013

R24= Ron Paul

by Ms. Greply 2501/07/2013

Waiting for the inevitable USA poster to declare - it's Pittsburgh but in French. Maybe r24 can oblige.

by Ms. Greply 2601/07/2013

The coolest shizz to do there is to go to the train station and then go to Quebec City instead. Much more interesting.

by Ms. Greply 2701/07/2013

R23 I think that's SMOKED meat, a/k/a pastrami (or is it corned beef?)

Montréal has the best strip clubs in North America.

by Ms. Greply 2801/07/2013

Isn't it the home of Celine DeLeon?

by Ms. Greply 2901/07/2013

R29 Who is she, the long lost sister of Ponce DeLeon?

by Ms. Greply 3001/07/2013

Toronto got the Condos, Montreal got the Cool.

by Ms. Greply 3101/08/2013

Montreal is not France, Quebec City is where you want to go for that.

by Ms. Greply 3201/08/2013

[quote]No matter how fluent your French, if they detect anything other than a French or Canadian accent, they'll pretend to not understand. Or worse, they'll correct your pronunciation. Small shopkeepers and store clerks are especially bad about this.

In Montreal, my experience is that any attempt at speaking French is appreciated, but when they detect the panic in your eyes when you cannot understand a word they're saying back to you (and you won't at first, until your ear gets used to the accent), they'll switch to English immediately.

Outside Montreal, you're on your own.

by Ms. Greply 3301/08/2013

[quote]The cab ride to the airport was very long. Hopefully, they have a train or light rail going there now.

There's an express bus (the 747 route) that runs from the bus terminal at Berri/UQAM station to Trudeau, with several stops in the city centre. It's still a long trip, but it's fast and super easy.

by Ms. Greply 3401/08/2013

It is basically New Jersey with French road signs.

It's ok for the bars and clubs but beyond that there really isn't that much to do. The people are insular and the city is somewhat boring. Ok for 3 days max.

It might blow your mind if you're from Columbus or Salt Lake. Otherwise, it's just a city where you'll pay too much if you want decent food.

by Ms. Greply 3501/08/2013

Hike around Mont Royal -- and suck some married cocked off the trails. The baths are loads of fun too. Clean, friendly, sexy.

by Ms. Greply 3601/08/2013

The baths are all pretty good but my favorite isn't even in the village, it's on St Laurent up near Laurier

by Ms. Greply 3701/08/2013

R7, the "lez scene" used to be the best in Canada, but I have not been there in years.

by Ms. Greply 3901/08/2013

You'll learn R38. It's a lot safer than bringing grindr or craigslist hookups into your home. And there's a lid for every pot at the baths, even ugly fatsos like you

by Ms. Greply 4001/08/2013

I was surprised by the brutal ugliness of so much of the 60s/70s-era infrastructure and public works: the motorways, the Dharma Initiative-like remains of the World's Fair, the Olympic Stadium, and especially the Métro. It's super-easy to get around the island, but wow, it's hard on the eyes.

by Ms. Greply 4201/08/2013

If you think Montreal is ugly, don't go to Toronto or Calgary, R42.

by Ms. Greply 4301/08/2013

Montreal is a lovely city, especially the city center which is old world beautiful. The food is delicious! Try L'Express or Laloux for wonderful French cuisine. There are also some great Italian and Greek restaurants there. The boys are very pretty and very sexual. I have never had a problem there not speaking French. They will all switch to (heavily accented) English very quickly when they realize you are not from there. I find Montrealers friendly. I like the city a lot.

by Ms. Greply 4401/08/2013

Toronto is ugly on steroids.

by Ms. Greply 4501/08/2013

I desperately need to go back to Campus and Stock Bar! nude strippers galore!

by Ms. Greply 4601/08/2013

When people say Montreal is "just like Paris", I assume they mean Paris Hilton

by Ms. Greply 4701/08/2013

"When people say Montreal is "just like Paris", I assume they mean Paris Hilton"

Trashy, boring and over pretty much describes it.

by Ms. Greply 4801/08/2013

It's culture is uh insular, not unlike Salt Lake City.

by Ms. Greply 4901/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.