Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone else here dislike Nicki Minaji's music?

She doesn't know how to dance, doesn't know how to sing, can't really act. And quite frankly, I find her facial expressions (the ones that she thinks are so rad) cringe-inducing. Do you like her music?

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

Oh, those noises bleating out from under her 'Forever 21' wigs are ..."music?"

Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

This place is filled with eldergays who hate all new music from the past 30 years.

So, yes, OP. I'm sure you're not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

Many of her raps are quite clever and interesting. I can't disparage her choice to release radio-friendly dance music, as female rappers usually get a couple of albums and then the powers that be decide to stop funding/promoting their work and force them to slip back into obscurity (Foxy Brown), take part in embarrassing reality TV shows (Lil Kim), or marry for money (Eve) to pay their bills.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

How very generous of you to refer to it as music.

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

She is very popular, like it or not for the over-40 crowd. She's not my cup of tea, but I know music evolves and I can appreciate the industry has to bend to the whims of the people who buy music (young people). None of us are jitterbugging to Harry James at the malt shop anymore. Things change.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

R4, are you going to start calling me a white nigger again?

It's great when you do that.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

Butcha are, Blanche, ya are.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

I don't like most of it but I love that voom voom voom song!

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

I don't mind her music, but I hate the weird affected accent she uses in a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

Like many, I think her earlier rapping was decent but dislike her pop singles. And I can't shake the image that comes along with it.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

I liked Pink Friday, especially Roman's Revenge and Moment 4 Life. Great songs. Not into the new stuff she did recently.

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2013

I think she is very talented with the way she raps.

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.