Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tiffany -- "Feelings of Forever"

Great last single from her first album. No idea why it wasn't a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2014

OP, I think *you're* alone now.

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

R1 is a tasteless Twi-hard.

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

Did anyone else see her on a recent episode of What Not to Wear?

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

I didn't see it. What was the makeover like?

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

She is/was into wearing 70's era very flowing,heavily patterned clothing. They tried to modernize her look. Plus she's gotten rather heavy so they helped her find outfits more flattering to her body-type. Actually, I didn't think it was one of their better makeovers but there was some improvement. She said she owns a vintage clothing store in Nashville but "tours constantly."

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

Such a great song. It was 1 of my favorites. Thanks for the link to the video. Brought back some good memories.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

You're welcome, R6. It brings good memories to me too. Takes me back to a time when I didn't have a care in the world.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

That is a good eighties song. Not sure why it wasn't a hit either.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

r6 here. I went to see Tiffany and Debbie Gibson in concert last summer and Tiffany performed this song. It still sounded great after all these years. I have many fond memories of growing up in the 80's and Tiffany was definitely a part of that.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

I prefer the just as overlooked "Hold an Old Friend's Hand" (when her voice got wonderfully husky with a little age). But both have that gloppy overproduced piano up front -- didn't realize until now how many ballads sounded like "From a Distance" back then.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

Her voice was actually always raspy, but it got huskier as the years went on. Tiff actually had a lot of great ballads--"Could've Been" (which was a #1 hit), "All This Time", "Old Hearts Never Lie", "Danny"...

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

I always thought Tiffany had the better voice between her and Debbie Gibson, but people always said DG was the bigger talent because she played an instrument and wrote and produced her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

Tiffany would have done much better today since that kind of bouncy pop was reintroduced by people like Miley Cyrus some years back. She would have done well with current producers.

Having said that, very few current under 21 acts have the producing and songwriting chops that Debbie Gibson had back in the day. 'Only In My Dreams" still holds up 26 years later.

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

Tiffany was teen bubblegum tripe. Horrific.

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2013

[quote]Having said that, very few current under 21 acts have the producing and songwriting chops that Debbie Gibson had back in the day.

I'll give her credit for writing her own songs. I wonder why she didn't focus on songwriting for other artists when she faded out of popularity. She could've made good money on royalties.

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

It's no 'All This Time' ........I couldn't even get through this one. Sorry, OP

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

I've always liked All This Time. Every single one one of Tiffany's music videos were hideous. Good thing I never caught a glimpse of them on MTV as a kid, or I never would have bought her albums. Who cares if Debbie Gibson co wrote her songs? They were just as cheesy as Tiffany's. Debbie was a definitely a way better dancer though.

by Anonymousreply 1709/18/2013

I can't quit watching this performance it's bad even for 1990!

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2014

Feelings of Forever stinks.

Loved Mr. Mambo, personally. If she cut out the valley girl speech, it could've been a hit single.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2014

Tiffany put out a great album around 2000 that went completely unnoticed when the label that released it went under. It didn't help that the charts were full of boy-banders and 21st century Tiffany/Debbie Gibsons around that time.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2014

It also didn't help that she hadn't charted a single in 12 years and nobody gave her a second thought anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.