Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My partner has been giving me the silent treatment since yesterday

For three years I've listened to his boring dream recaps every morning. It takes him 30 minutes just to tell me what he dreamt of the night before. He does this every day. Finally, I asked him yesterday if he could recap his dreams for me in five minutes or less - that I don't have time to listen to his 30 minute recaps every morning. He was very wounded and hasn't spoken to me since. On a high note I didn't have to listen to his coma-inducing recap this morning.

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2013

there are few things more uninteresting than dream recaps. "And then it was like my old frathouse but the floor was different, more like a parquet but I just knew that's where I was, you know?"

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

I LOVE listening to people's dreams!

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

It s very rude to make others listen to your dreams everyday, for more than a few moments.

I had a friend who did this as well, he felt compelled to give me EVERY FUCKING DETAIL of his fucking boring dreams.

Turned out, he was too much of a narcissist to continue a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

So you're finally getting tired of his dick are ya?

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

o god, I used to have a friend who would do that. Every couple of days he would call me, and with dread I would hear him start, "I had the weirdest dream last night..." They were, like all dreams everyone has, impossible to really explain or recap because its filled with stuff that makes no sense. "I dreamed I was in my old high school biology class, but it really was the 7-11 that was near my grandmothers house. And the teacher, well it was actually Woody Allen, he was passing out lottery tickets for us to fill out. Then a snake started rolling a doughnut, but it wasnt a snake, it was lobster..."

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

Other peoples dreams are the worst! If someone is going to bore me with that crap, keep it brief. You poor thing OP.

There are only two other things in life that can be as boring:-

Speeches at a 21st or an engagement, 99% of the time they suck.

And other peoples holiday photos, but now people just post them on fb and you can look at them only if you want to. Thank heavens for small mercies.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

I had a sexy dream last night that I got a really, really sensual foot massage from Rachel Maddow.

Just thought I would share since everyone seems to love hearing about other people's dreams!

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

It's one of those things you just suffer, obviously he enjoys sharing with you.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

Listening to other people's dreams is the most boring thing in the world. Sometimes when I catch myself telling a friend about a dream, I make the summary only a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

OP, this sounds like an exaggeration. Every day, for 3 years, and for exactly 30 minutes?

I have a hard time believing you've lasted this long...what's the truth here?

But if it's at all like you describe, he sounds like a real drama queen...and maybe you didn't tell him to 'can it' in the most sensitive way.

If he's truly been going on about this for this long, maybe he sees it as a time that you share together? Maybe he trusts you, and sees it as a way that you show him love?

So, knowing that, you should've maybe voiced your request much sooner than 3 years...and phrased it with as many qualifiers as he takes it gently.

But then again, if he's really been behaving like this all this time, he does sound a bit narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

Exactly, R9.

I keep it to a sentence, and keep it only to the funnier points....and often only tell the dream to someone who was IN the dream, so they can enjoy the comedy of it all.

"You were in this dream I had - you were selling me a blender while standing inside Queen Elizabeth's boudoir! Isn't that nuts?"

Then, if they want more details, they will ask.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

Strike One: the dream recaps. Strike Two: the silent treatment. So immature and passive-aggressive. Why are you with this guy again?

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2013

I just woke up from a nap, in which I dreamed that Shih-Tzus were humping every inch of my body and expelling gallons of poz jizz all over me until I couldn't breathe (and then woke up).

Feel better, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

My partner likes to tell me about his dreams. I grin and bear it, because there's no need to hurt his feelings over something inconsequential. Fortunately it's more of a once every week or two thing, and never more than 2-3 minutes.

If I was getting 30 minutes of dream recap every day ... well just no.

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

I have very vivid dreams and I do share them with mu husband, but only maybe once every few weeks. Sometimes the "recap" can take 5 minutes, and even I think that is a long time. But my husband - who is not much of a dreamer - tells me of his vivid dreams as well. It is a part of sharing our lives together. But 30 minutes every day OP? I seriously doubt it. And if you let it go on for this long and if you made your request sound as you typed it, I think I'd give you the silent treatment too.

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

I agree with R11, and that this guy sounds juvenile.

I mean, some people are REALLY entertaining at telling dreams. But most aren't, and they think their dreams actually qualify as "wild".

Many people who have never even taken certain medications have the audacity to think that their dreams are wild or vivid.

by Anonymousreply 1601/07/2013

I'm jealous. I have nobody to tell my dreams to!

by Anonymousreply 1701/07/2013

Agreed. Dream recaps are the worst conversations EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 1801/07/2013

I had a dream last night that I was in some sort of auditorium with a bunch of people. A work friend was there also someone from my childhood!

I was sitting with them and then I looked down and saw that my black pants were ripped AND inside out!

Flash to me in Target buying a new pair of pants to wear!!

by Anonymousreply 1901/07/2013

He should create a permanent window of MS Word, entitled "Dream Journal" (or a decoy title, if he doesn't want anyone to catch on to the depths of his deepest subconscious).

He can go back and reread the summaries at his leisure. If it's still fascinating to him, he can try reading part of it to someone who has a lot of free time at the moment.

If he lives in a big city, there are probably sporadic dream discussion meetup groups. Or he can start one. He'll probably find out that he can't stand listening to people's dreams, and might even reform.

Either way, I personally don't think I'd date this person.

by Anonymousreply 2001/07/2013

OP I think its cute that he feels like he must you tell you his dreams everyday. But Im a grouchy morning person so I get where you are coming from.

I like r20's idea of keeping a dream journal instead so he wont take up so much of your time.

I envy your boyfriend for having such vivid dreams everyday. I hardly ever get good REM sleep to have dreams that I can remember. Some dreams are important though, they bring out bad things you need to work out in your subconscious.

by Anonymousreply 2101/07/2013

Maybe some people are wired such that when they wake up, they actually think their dreams=news.

He may have a fear of experiencing things alone, despite that they aren't real experiences.

by Anonymousreply 2201/07/2013

If you don't verbalize your dreams, they usually get lost, and you forget them. Maybe he thinks you like hearing about them.

In what other ways are you faking interest in him, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2301/07/2013

you sound like a jerk and should consider yourself lucky anyone wants to speak to you for 5 minutes, let alone 30. You will miss him when he's gone jerkoff

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2013

The BF may be a bore, but OP is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2501/07/2013

Well it has been three days since he spoke to me, and this morning he told me his dream again.... only this time he told me he dreamed of killing me and burying me in the basement. Do you think he is still pissed off?

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!