Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tasteful friends...

Baseball player A.J. Pierzynski is leaving Chicago to join the Texas Rangers, and his Chicago house -- decorated in every color of Peeps -- is now on the market for $1.75 million.

What do we think?

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

I hate chairs with skirts, it's supposed to look homey but it's homey overkill, and just looks stupid to me. The headboard with the purple, cursive P was also really cheesy, and of course the bed had a ruffled skirt like everything else in that house.

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

Doesn't look like a male lives there at all.

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

Rather generic, albeit in a pale pastel, ruffled way. Everything looks rented.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

There's a TV in every room except the bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

[quote]What do we think?

We think who the hell wants to live in Shitcago?

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

I love the view. I'd pay $1.75 million for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

Love the bones, hate the decor.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

What's up with all the white? I love the skeleton of the house. But he must have a very, very overbearing wife.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

Totally agree with r2. Certainly interesting decorating and furniture choices for a superstar baseball player. It's like he left all the decisions to his wife, who in-turn vigorously incorporated the input of her mother and her precocious 10-year old daughter.

That said, it looks like a great house and I'm sure it will sell for about what he's asking.

I've always felt that if I were rich and famous, I would try to handle these transactions as under-the-radar as possible. I just would feel weird about the public getting this kind of glimpse into a space as personal as my own home (if for no other reason than to avoid online discussions like this one).

I will give AJ credit, though, for buying a home in a diverse urban neighborhood that is easily within his budget, and in fact absurdly modest for his income level. So many athletes in his contract range would opt for some godawful $20 million suburban mega mansion, complete with a 7-car garage, gold fixtures, and (look!) an indoor-outdoor pool.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

The kitchen and bathroom are frigid.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

I don't think any photos should have been taken showing the "view" of the neighboring brick walls.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

Love the structure. Great buy for the money. The interior decoration is abysmal though, unless you're a Cabbage Patch doll collector.

Please tell me his wife did all the decorating because I don't want to think this monstrosity was his idea.

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2013

I don't think it will sell for asking. They are asking more for it than what they paid in 2006 at the top of the market, plus you'd have to totally redecorate to get rid of all that blah.

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

It looks like Sean Hayes' decorator went into Ethan Allen and ordered by the room.

I see air returns but no radiators, so it has a revamped Heating/cooling system. That's a blessing in those old places for any Chicago Summer.

If it has a garage in Lincoln Park (it would restrict the size of the back yard to that of a small deck), that's a big plus.

Those front steps always slant forward, so any lady in heels would be taking her life in her hands entering and exiting.

That area west of DePaul is somewhat quiet, but traffic crawls. The shops are very Apartment Therapy Twee. Even the bad restaurants are packed.

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

[quote]I will give AJ credit, though, for buying a home in a diverse urban neighborhood

As if!

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

He probably did the decorating, except for the room with the day bed. Review the photo to see who really wears the pants in the family.

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2013

Here's one of the whole family. He may have added shoulder pads to his shirt so he could match her.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!