Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Six degrees of Van Patten

I was cruising IMDB last night after watching Joyce Van Patten in a Columbo episode. I never realized how broad the Van Patten reach is. Joyce was married to Martin Balsam. Their daughter is Talia Balsam, who was married to George Clooney and now to married to Mad Man's John Slattery. Joyce's brother, of course, is Dick Van Patten, whose daughters-in-law are daytime actress Eileen Davidson and Nancy Valen, whom I remember from Ryan's Hope. Her bff according to IMDB is Yasmeen Bleeth. I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around all of this. I mean, the idea of Eileen Davidson sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner with John Slattery. I can't. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 1901/19/2013

[quote]. I can't. I just can't.

Are you a 14 year old girl? Because the only people who talk like that are tween and teen girls

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

And are there several Van Patten sons who are also in the business?

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

[quote]Their daughter is Talia Balsam, who was married to George Clooney...

I honestly never knew that George Clooney had been married before.

Vince Van Patten used to be kind of a hot piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

I'll throw in Timothy Van Patten, who is surprisingly enough the 30 year younger half brother of Dick and Joyce. He is a very successful TV director (Sopranos, Board Walk Empire) and was a cutie as an actor back in the 70's (The White Shadow).

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

Yes they quite interesting bunch. Dick and sis started in radio and b'way

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

Vince and Tim were both hot.

Had a major crush on Vince in Apple's Way.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

My Maine Coon and yellow tabby love Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium cat food.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

Joyce Van Patten is so perfect and so real as a tough baseball club manager in "The Bad News Bears."

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

Can anyone think of another family that is so connected to showbiz

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

Here's a list, R9

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

And Timothy was smoking hot in DRESS GRAY.

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

Link to insanely hot episode of THE WHITE SHADOW, in which Timothy Van Patten as high school basketball player "Salami" has an affair with one of his (female) teachers. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2013

Here's Vince circa Apples Way.

He really did it for me.

Kinda funny now.

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2013

R12 here. Sorry, I didn't realize I linked to a subscription site. Try this one instead. Believe me, it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2013

10. Heart 9. Kidney 8. Vincent 7. Trachea 6. Joyce 5. James 4. Bladder 3. Timothy 2. Spleen 1. Dick

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2013

R11 - DRESS GRAY (with hot Tim and hotter young Alec Baldwin) is now out on DVD.

Screenplay by gay icon Gore Vidal.

So worth owning and watching again and again...

by Anonymousreply 1601/10/2013

Dick V P still combing the strands over his bald head & has some nasty skin cancers going on up there from his excessive sun exposure.

by Anonymousreply 1701/10/2013

I remember seeing Vincent Van Patten in The Love Boat: Season 4, Episode 19 Return of the Ninny/Touchdown Twins/Split Personality (14 Feb. 1981) I recall he is a younger man in love with an older woman, Samantha Eggar. There is a scene where he is standing on deck shirtless. What a hunk. Blond, tan, and bulging muscles. He would have been age 23 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1801/19/2013

There's even more. Joyce Van Patten was also married to actor Hal Lynch and actor/director Dennis Dugan. Vincent Van Patten was once married to B movie actress Betsy Russell. And there is another Van Patten son - Jimmy - brother of Nels and Vincent. All were cuties back in the day. And Vince is a hot daddy on those poker tournament shows.

by Anonymousreply 1901/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!