Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Delusional queens are everywhere

Brad (last name removed) 57 Fans Become a fan 13 hours ago (10:10 PM) I agree with you all. 47 here. I am told I look more young 30 I sh. Yay. You gotta take care of the skin teeth and bones. Exercise and take the stairs. Lol. From the photos I see here, gentlemen, you all look fabulous at your respective ages indeed.

This came from the comments on Huffpo about gay aging. Brad posted a photo with his comments. He looks every inch of 47, not a day younger.

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

People are notoriously bad in their ability to judge how attractive they are or how old they appear to others. I've heard some quite very...average, yet older people boast about how young and great they look and I had to bite my tongue.

On the other hand, I know this guy who is 45 and has extremely low self-esteem about his appearance (not annoyingly so, but he's let it slip that he's not happy with how he looks) but he looks 25 and is exceptionally handsome.

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

Wow, you're right OP - that guy is delusional, as well as some of the other people who commented on the article.

It's almost as sad as this 41 year old guy I know that still wears Aeropostale shirts and shirts with skeleton designs on them that teenagers wear.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

I was on Manhunt last night and was winked at by a guy who wouldn't state his age in his profile. He did say that he is often taken for early 40s. Judging by his face pic he's at least 65.

I felt like sending him a message urging him to see a doctor. A man in his early 40s should not look that old.

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

Agreed. He looks every day of 47yo. Peter Pan syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

And people who really DO look younger than their years would never say so. It's apparent just by looking at them.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

People think that -wrinkles- are some kind of cue to aging, but there are other sings of aging that show up years before wrinkles do. It's the subtle nasolabial folds and subtle facial skin thinning that characterize the 30s, IMO. Then slight sagging sets in.

Then you have motility: if you are too infrequently active and or you do not have a regular, good stretching regimen, then you will move, look and act your age or older since you will move and walk more stiffly than a young sprite.

These wrinkle-less people fishing for compliments via social networking are two a penny.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

It's been a disappointment since I was young that gay men are so delusional about aging and appearance. In truth, not every young man in his prime is the picture of male pulchritude. Before he enters his middle years, a man should have some sense of valuing what he has or can reasonably attain rather than pining away for what is simply beyond the reach of reality.

Who could fault anyone who aimed to look reasonably fit, or to look "good for his age", or who paid quiet attention to his health and appearance? But that rarely seems enough; instead men forsake dignity for delusion. Looking good isn't enough; they have delude themselves into thinking that they look really good AND decades younger than reality -- and they have to believe that others buys into the same delusion.

Somehow they live for decades never realizing that a quiet self-confidence wears better than trendy togs and liberal slatherings of "product." They never learn that self-possession is practical and sometimes even sexy.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

I don't understand why some people (gay and straight) are so obsessed with trying to look a certain age. Just try to look your best working with what you've got and stop trying to put a number on it because you just look foolish.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

I can love you R7. I agree. What about the people who have less wrinkles because they're overweight? A trick to appearing younger is to regularly stretch out and become limber. It changes the way you sit and walk. You're less likely to suffer an ankle sprain if you're muscles are stretchy. It's something you can do while in bed or sitting on the couch no matter your weight.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

"What about the people who have less wrinkles..."

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

So, basically, any self-promoting blogger can get on Huff Post, right?

We've had two resumes submitted recently that bragged about this as if they won the Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

R13, did these applicants also brag about their unlined face, frosted tips and fitting into Abercrombie & Fitch jeans?

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

Just by looking at my reflection in the screen of my laptop I know there is no way I'm gonna put my mug on Manhunt.

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.