Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'I was knocked out for being...ginger'

No one's safe any more.

by Anonymousreply 4801/07/2013

Welcome to Birmingham...at least it wasn't a stabbing.

He's cute, it's terrible that happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2013

What's the deal with the Brits and redheads? Redheads are almost glorified here especially if they are goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 201/07/2013

Brits are really funny about "being a ginger" - such a strange affectation.

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

R2 That's what I'm trying to figure out. British people always go on and on about someone being a "ginger". FFS, it's a damn hair color!

The Brits are obviously very bored if they're obsessed with someone's hair color.

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

What do you expect from Britian? The country is a shithole full of chavs and no manners.

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

That guy is super cute.

The obsession over a fucking hair color is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

Is there some historical or cultural reason for this prejudice? It's the pasty against the pastier.

by Anonymousreply 701/07/2013

The U.K. is such a racist, classist, backwards, trashy society.

Seriously, Britain should be wiped clean and started over again.

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

Those were my exact words when they picked Angela Lansbury over me for the 'Manchurian Candidate'.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

Ummmmm .... people ... "ginger" is a slang term for "faggot" there (Cockney rhyming: ginger beer = queer). It's possible that the kid was unaware of it, but I'm shocked that the damned paper REALLY believed he was beaten up because of the color of his hair! I'd bet $$$ this was a gay bashing (of someone assumed to be gay).

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

I would SO fuck his hole.

I am SURE he's uncut.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

R10 is right. The headline is a lie based on the ... treatment of "poof." They called him a "ginger poof" and beat him up because they thought he was gay, not because his hair was red. Totally ridiculous way to slant the story, done presumably because he self identifies as straight.

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2013

Plus they were talking when they left so they might have exchanged words inside.

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

Question: Why does Cockney dialect have so much rhyming in it? It sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

The DM said they called him a "ginger p****". They put 4 blanks after the 'p', so I thought that the word was 'pussy'. If it was 'poof', wouldn't they have only put 3 blanks after the 'p'?

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

It's a sort of "secret code" because the end product bears no resemblance to the underlying standard English "real" word. Take "titfer" for example -- would you have come up with "hat" (tit-fer-tat)?

by Anonymousreply 1601/07/2013

Poof is a slang derivative of the more polite "poofter" which is to be used in formal situations. Of course, at the glory hole, bath house or cruisy park, either word is sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 1701/07/2013

From the article: "ginger pr**k"

He was called a prick. (Assholes.)

by Anonymousreply 1801/07/2013

I think gingers are HOT!

Prince Harry Danny Kaye Young Mickey Rooney

by Anonymousreply 1901/07/2013

Oh, you're right R18! I forgot they love that word over there.

I honestly don't think they thought he was gay - they didn't call him anything homophobic and he was with his girlfriend. As stupid as it is, I really do believe they bashed him just for being a "ginger". I can't tell you how many time I read people on British sites going on and on about someone being "a ginger". The Brits are freaks.

by Anonymousreply 2001/07/2013

Unless the couple were really PDA'ing it up, they might well have assumed he was a gay guy with a gal pal. I get that Brits have a ginger-haired thing, but that seems almost LESS likely among louts. I'm sticking with the gay bashing angle.

by Anonymousreply 2101/07/2013

Told you I was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 2201/07/2013

The blanks refer to 'ginger prick.' Maybe the hair colour is something of a (yes) red herring.

Psycho chav sees nice mainstream dude with pretty girl of the type he'll never get close to. Following a long evening of drink, chav's frustrations peak, and he rights the world's wrongs in his own special way. 'Ginger' was just an opportune hook. Top man again, and a hero in his subnormal peer group.

I do hope he's caught, and soon receives the treatment he deals in.

by Anonymousreply 2301/07/2013

One of my best friends is a ginger Italian (full-blooded Neopolitan) with milky-white skin who was born and grew up in Birmingham, England. He got grief all his life for his ancestry (got called 'wog', which is usually a slur against dark-skinned people) and his hair.

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2013

He was called a prick inside but he was called a poof outside. It was a gay bashing, not a ginger bashing. And if he was there with his girlfriend, why didn't he leave with her?

by Anonymousreply 2501/07/2013

The Brits have a reputation for being anti-ginger.

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2013

The people on this thread trying to turn it into a gay bashing story are really reaching...nothing homophobic was said, he doesn't look obviously gay, and he was with his girlfriend.

As I said, Brits really do have this bizarre dislike of gingers and so I'm not surprised at all. Plus the pig was probably jealous of his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2701/07/2013

It's the English who historically dislike the gingers, not the British in general... in fact, the reason they dislike gingers is because gingers in the UK tend to be Welsh, Scottish, or (especially) Irish, all considered inferior by the English.

In 19th-century sensation novels, you can usually tell who the villain is because he has red hair.

by Anonymousreply 2801/07/2013

The fight started over something the thug said to the Ginge's girlfriend that the Ginge challenged, so to say he was attacked for being Ginge is almost as ridiculous as saying he was attacked for being gay

by Anonymousreply 2901/07/2013

Just for the record: gingers are totally hot and I would fuck one every day of the week and two on Sunday. I love red pubes, especially! They aren't my only turn-on, but they are at the top of the list!

by Anonymousreply 3001/07/2013

I hope they catch the asshole

by Anonymousreply 3101/07/2013

What is it even with the use of the word ginger? When I was in high school in the late 90s, no one EVER used the term.

by Anonymousreply 3201/07/2013

Did you go to "high school" (sic) in the U. K.?

by Anonymousreply 3301/07/2013

No, I went to high school in the US, but the word is used a good bit in North America now too.

by Anonymousreply 3401/07/2013

Years ago , on "Coronation Street", the flaming gay character Sean, of all people, told a family of predominantly red haired trouble makers to "get back to their ginger house". I thought it odd for someone who had been labeled a "pansy" by others to be seen as a bigot, bit I guess that's a part of northern UK life.

by Anonymousreply 3501/07/2013

R33, wtf?

"High school" isn't misspelled!

by Anonymousreply 3601/07/2013

The (sic) referred to the fact that "high school" isn't a British term.

by Anonymousreply 3701/07/2013

[quote]I thought it odd for someone who had been labeled a "pansy" by others to be ... a bigot

Yet, you see it on DL every friggin' day.

by Anonymousreply 3801/07/2013

Perhaps he was called a ponce.

by Anonymousreply 3901/07/2013

There may be more to it.

Here on Lawn Guyland, everyone was horrified because a "good Samaritan" who came up here after Sandy to work on the power lines was "attacked for no reason at all" outside of a bar by a complete stranger. What an awful way for a hee-ro to be treated! Donations poured in.

The guy who did the punching turned himself into police. Both he and his girlfriend and another witness said the wonderful good Samaritan walked out of the bar and whipped out his dick in the parking lot and started peeing on someone's car. The other guy yelled at him because he felt it was gross of Mr Wonderful to pull out his dick in front of his girlfriend -- especially when there was a bathroom in the bar right near the exit where the guy could have taken a piss before leaving. Mr Wonderful aimed his piss stream at the guy and the guy busted Mr Wonderful's jaw for him.

Slightly different story than the original "poor innocent me" one.

by Anonymousreply 4001/07/2013

South Park has done its best to import ginger hatred to North America.

by Anonymousreply 4101/07/2013

What is the British term for high school? "Fifth form" or shit like that from one of those old timey movies? "Public school" is a private school, we all know that. But what is the place called, where teenagers go?

by Anonymousreply 4201/07/2013

r40 what the fuck are you talking about

by Anonymousreply 4301/07/2013

Teenagers go to college. Then they graduate and go on to university.

by Anonymousreply 4401/07/2013

R43= Ginger who has worked himself into a froth about this hate crime!

by Anonymousreply 4501/07/2013

r40's post has no connection to this thread whatsoever. R45 maybe you need to calm down and take a nap and get off the internet. Seriously. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/07/2013

No, it has to do with this thread in that initial news reports about that incident were that an innocent man was attacked for no reason and eventually the story had to be adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 4701/07/2013

What an idiotic attempt at playing devil's advocate. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 4801/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.