Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Transgender Teacher

Sues Catholic school.

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013

She looks like most of the nuns I've seen in my day...

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2013

Unfortunately, R4 is right. Privately-owned ventures can do whatever they wish.

by Anonymousreply 601/07/2013

He looks like a real-life version of the teacher in the comic strip "Big Nate."

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2013

I saw the photo and burst out laughing. I'm going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2013

Who knew Bruce Vilanch taught Catholic school?

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2013

The whole "transgender" thing, or "reassignment surgery" started as a way to deal with cases where infant male genital mutilation (so-called circumcision) went awry. They had already been doing surgery on young children who had been born with ambiguous genitals (the so-called hermophodites). This is why it never was any legal battle for a man to get a sex-change, get his birth certicate changed to "female" and marry another man.

Beginning with Christine Jorgensen, it started to be considered a "cure" for male homosexuals to mutilate their genitals to make them appear female, and declare them to be sex-changed. There was a considerable amount of propaganda put out which convinced a lot of people to continue in hatred toward the homosexuals, but to be sympathetic to the pitiful creatures who happened to be born with wrong genitals, who were actually women trapped in male bodies, and who just needed to undergo reassignment surgery to be normal healthy heterosexual women.

I do not favor any legislation stopping this surgery as long as the victim is over 18 years old, but I certainly think that people can learn to be happy and content without their bodies being mutilated. Most of these people die at a very young age from the complications of the surgery and the many years of taking hormones that are natural to their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2013

[quote] Privately-owned ventures can do whatever they wish.

No they can't. Discrimination is illegal under most states laws.

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2013

[quote]No they can't. Discrimination is illegal under most states laws.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

Most of the stupid people out there cannot tell the difference between gay people and "transgenders."

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

How could anyone possibly mistake the hulking creature in the photo as anything but male? S/he? looks like a teamster with a wig on. Attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 1601/07/2013

She reminds me of Broderick Crawford in drag.

by Anonymousreply 1701/07/2013

Most transsexuals seem to be intent on making the world uglier, whereas gays are intent on making the world prettier.

Adn therein lies the difference.

by Anonymousreply 1901/07/2013

R11 is correct.

One thing that's become prevalent is the phenomenon of health care workers trying to talk gay youth into seeing themselves as transgendered instead. This way they conform to gender expectations and can identify as straight.

It's mutilation, and has become very lucrative. Some countries have banned the surgery because of the percentages of people who regret the surgery afterwards, which has sometimes led to suicides. It's a very high rate of regret.

The scary thing is that teenagers are being 'transitioned' now. It's a way of basically trying to wipe out gay people. And it's rooted in sexism, of course. "I'm the 'wrong' gender because I prefer characteristics of the other gender". It's insidious.

by Anonymousreply 2001/07/2013

Totally agree, R20. It's an outrage. Terrible they are pushing young people into it, too.

by Anonymousreply 2101/07/2013

The ones who can't pass should give up. They frighten children.

by Anonymousreply 2201/07/2013

But what about Sylvia Rivera who refuses to be at the back bumper of the bus?

by Anonymousreply 2301/07/2013

Last year a Massachusetts transexual inmate who murdered his wife won a case requiring the state to pay for sex change surgery. The governor appealed. Anyone know the result of the case?

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2013

Good for Governor Patrick!

by Anonymousreply 2501/08/2013

The New York Post article makes no sense to me (big surprise). This person says s/he is "transgendered." Are we supposed to believe s/he just had the operation recently and now considers herself a woman?

by Anonymousreply 2601/08/2013

The church is actually NOT a privately owned business in the usual sense, given that it enjoys tax free status, and must therefore abide by most of the same requirements as state institutions -- and SHOULD have to abide by all of them.

That said, is it inappropriate to can a teacher for certain behaviors that have nothing to do with teaching? How about tatooing one's face in plaid?

It does seem as though something like that -- completely apart from any moral or psychological issues having to do with sexual reassignment -- would be very distracting or confusing to students. But to what extent do we try to control teachers' behavior on the basis that they are setting examples? I'm not suggesting an answer; I'm suggesting questions.

Were I the principal or a parent at the school, I'd want this guy out. Same with the tatooed freak that I made up. Not sure how I'd deal with Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 2701/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!